Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

:10bux:

Armitag3 posted:

Go ahead. Try to, punk.

:gary:

You got me at Chris "Highway" Roberts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

:pgabz: gym membership paying off

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

ggangensis posted:

And what, they are upset that they might need to buy the second part of SQ42? This is their only problem with this whole mess? I can't understand these people.

The $40 Squalude might be the last straw for Jeff.... He just might even cancel his sub for this travesty should it prove true!!!

But seriously, I really think even if the $40 Squalude was the Q4 2020 plan at the start of the year, it’s probably not anymore. Star Wars: Squadrons is Infinite Warfare all over again but worse because it’s actually Star Wars this time, it’s intentionally a throwback to the glory era of 90’s dogfighters, and it’s made with VR gameplay in mind.

EA’s pricing it to sell, it’s PC and console, and it’s likely to be a pretty decent unit shifter dropping October 2nd. If there was even the slightest hope for a Q4 Squadron prelude release this year, it’s gone. He still might make Squadron the centerpiece of (virtual) CitizenCon again, as in 2017 and 2015, but he’s going to have to really lean on his all star cast now more than ever. It’s the only thing that distinguishes Squadron at all. The dogfighting will suck, the storyline will suck, the graphics will be decent but will pale next to next gen console releases, the name will be more genericized and confusing than ever, and it’s no longer filling a big open hole in the marketplace like it could have in 2015. It’s just another space dogfighter, and outclassed by the AAA offerings that came while he dawdled.

I hope that Chris faces too much pressure from investors to keeping punting (because he absolutely loves punting and has more reasons to than ever), but even the Calders might prefer not to see their recent couch money investment go head to head with a competitive Star Wars title. So maybe they’ll pull another vanishing act like they did in 2016, then claim they’ll show a slice at CitCon 2021, and then slide it back another year and hope no other AAA space games hit the market in 2022...

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I really hope they officially release something someday. Gaming media too finally sit down and review this steaming pile and break the illusion that perpetual Alpha has created in backers minds.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

How about "The Findom of Irdris" for a Bond title parody?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

The Titanic posted:

Caught up with the thread.

Feeling better though I still have about another six weeks or so of medical things to do.

Those are good news. Hang in there, give yourself all the time you need to heal.
I wish you smooth sailing for now on.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

colonelwest posted:

:five:

This is the sort of top quality poo poo-post I come here for.

Also, the theme song for A View to a Kill is classic 80’s pop awesomeness.

https://youtu.be/hJzotJUlQws

I see your Duran Duran and I raise you Shirley Bassey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ItROSewzBs&t=242s

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

ggangensis posted:

And what, they are upset that they might need to buy the second part of SQ42? This is their only problem with this whole mess? I can't understand these people. Trying to rip me off with 1000$ space ships and land claims? Technological dead-end without admitting it and still collection money based on lies? No problem, but having to buy SQ42-p2 for another 40$ is a big deal?

I suspect that these guys know full well of all the major issues you described, but have so far invested already too heavily emotionally or money wise in defending those horrors. These new minutia issues are rational enough for them to grab onto as a sort of acceptable way out without losing face for the other ones. It´s all about viable exit strategies now.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

G0RF posted:

The $40 Squalude might be the last straw for Jeff.... He just might even cancel his sub for this travesty should it prove true!!!

But seriously, I really think even if the $40 Squalude was the Q4 2020 plan at the start of the year, it’s probably not anymore. Star Wars: Squadrons is Infinite Warfare all over again but worse because it’s actually Star Wars this time, it’s intentionally a throwback to the glory era of 90’s dogfighters, and it’s made with VR gameplay in mind.

EA’s pricing it to sell, it’s PC and console, and it’s likely to be a pretty decent unit shifter dropping October 2nd. If there was even the slightest hope for a Q4 Squadron prelude release this year, it’s gone. He still might make Squadron the centerpiece of (virtual) CitizenCon again, as in 2017 and 2015, but he’s going to have to really lean on his all star cast now more than ever. It’s the only thing that distinguishes Squadron at all. The dogfighting will suck, the storyline will suck, the graphics will be decent but will pale next to next gen console releases, the name will be more genericized and confusing than ever, and it’s no longer filling a big open hole in the marketplace like it could have in 2015. It’s just another space dogfighter, and outclassed by the AAA offerings that came while he dawdled.

I hope that Chris faces too much pressure from investors to keeping punting (because he absolutely loves punting and has more reasons to than ever), but even the Calders might prefer not to see their recent couch money investment go head to head with a competitive Star Wars title. So maybe they’ll pull another vanishing act like they did in 2016, then claim they’ll show a slice at CitCon 2021, and then slide it back another year and hope no other AAA space games hit the market in 2022...

It's at least listening to the first part where they try and figure out what a "goon" is lol

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Popete posted:

I really hope they officially release something someday. Gaming media too finally sit down and review this steaming pile and break the illusion that perpetual Alpha has created in backers minds.

This.
Although I'm pretty sure anyone still hanging on to this pile as a backer, is at stage 5 of grief and they will accept anything of any quality (or nothing but a continuation of promises and pre-alpha patches).

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Pixelate posted:

Oh sweet snipe. This is my taxxe.

Loving the poster collection :allears:

:lumpen:

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

an actual frog posted:

Ah go on then

:laffo:

getting my monies worth of animated thingies.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yes, we need more Bond posters.

And here is a bit of Bond Movie trivia.

Blondie submitted their version of "For Your Eyes Only"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Y-hCydiXA

But it was rejected and they went with Sheana Easton instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP4xXjW97ko

Now being a Blondie fan, I know where my choice goes.

Sourcing my quotes:
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/blondie-james-bond-for-your-eyes-only/

dieselfruit
Feb 21, 2013

TheAgent Who Loved Me

No Time to Fly

Radiohead's "Spectre" was briefly mooted for the film before the Broccolis went with flavour of the month Sam Smith, and probably would have made that movie a little less forgettable:
https://youtu.be/CLiDemXYSLc

dieselfruit fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jul 12, 2020

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

ggangensis posted:

What's your opinion on bodybuilding-themed synthwave? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ-282SdM1E

Excellent! But not quite as excellent as https://youtu.be/1C7X3F-nz4o

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Quick one. Was really tempting to use the strapline from this one though:
'Where all the other games end... this one begins!'

(Slight fix on another one too, because it needed more weird deaths)

dieselfruit
Feb 21, 2013

FOIP Your Eyes Only

dieselfruit
Feb 21, 2013

dieselfruit posted:

FOIP Your Eyes Only

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

e:

It’s like the Morrow tour come to life...

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 12, 2020

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I'll be really impressed if someone can do "On Her Majesty's Secret Service".

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

That look on his face. lol

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Colostomy Bag posted:

On Her Strangli's Seventh Idris?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

On His Majesty's Seventh Refactor

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

It would clearly be “On Her Majesty's Secret Devbuild”

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
On Her Majesty's Video Game Subsidies

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Did anyone say "For Concierge Eyes Only" yet?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

On Her Majesty's Secret Yacht

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

On Her Majesty's Server Side whatever the hell the rest of it is

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

On His Majesty's Seventh Refactor

This one gets my vote.

Defiance Industries posted:

On Her Majesty's Server Side whatever the hell the rest of it is

Although this one's pretty strong too.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I got a space traffic ticket for not using my turn indicators in the buggy. Which key combination engages the turn indicators? Ctrl+alt+ScrollLock does not work anymore.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Surely 'Buy Another Jpeg'?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

You do know you can say "poo poo" here, right? There's a word filter for people who aren't registered. :)

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!

Should have a tennis ball on the end of the crossbow.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

JackSplater posted:

Should have a tennis ball on the end of the crossbow.

Yes, yes it should.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Colostomy Bag posted:

That look on his face. lol

That’s the worried side-eye meme that Reddit’s been running with. They’re a regular salt factory now.

They’re liking that one. Could almost see them going for Bond posters...

Weirdly the defence force are choosing to die on the elevator panel hill:

quote:

They pushed elevator panels back a whole quarter and maybe more AFTER releasing new ones on MicroTech.
This is all after them saying last year that their new pipeline and way they do things will be better, more efficient, and quicker, but they'll only update quarterly and here we are seeing them pushing back elevator panels a whole quarter.
The production goals the leads set aren't rooted in reality. It's happened enough times that it isn't just missed projections. It's chronic failure to deliver and then adjust in the future not to set such lofty expectations.

quote:

They also said that if they need the extra time they'll take it, but people seem to gloss over that quote.

quote:

That doesn't excuse years of failed projections. If it were a handful of times over the years, that's fine. Prognostications on production times are tough. That's not what's happened here though. It's the norm rather than the anomaly. When it happens over and over it's incompetence, and the bit about going to quarterly releases was an excuse and they left themselves an out, and we reward them with more funding for messier updates with less progress?
Joke's on us I see and they're laughing all the way to the bank because we don't hold them accountable.

quote:

Actually, it does because that's exactly what they said they would do.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
:bisonyes:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Colostomy Bag posted:

On Her M'Lady's Secret Service

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Jobbo_Fett posted:

On Her M'Lady's Secret Service

“The Jared Huckaby Story”