Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Tulip posted:

Obama was president lol

Obama wasn't a uniquely bad president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
i ALMOST feel bad for romney

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
not like i wanted him to be prez but as a dude who's been clowned on god drat

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I don’t at all. One of the worst people alive

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

mitt romney liking michigan because the trees were "the right height"

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Of all the things that are fake about Romney, which is most things, I have never doubted that he likes hot dogs. That quote is just purely embarrassing to him and his brand, there's no reason he'd say it if it wasn't true.

ikanreed posted:

He was a thoroughly average president who convinced me and many others that he'd at least close gitmo lmao

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Tulip posted:

He was a thoroughly average president who convinced me and many others that he'd at least close gitmo lmao

He's certainly why I think electing Joe will make every single one of Trump's most evil policies the new normal

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

GalacticAcid posted:

smokin these meats

sweet baby ray's

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

GalacticAcid posted:

I don’t at all. One of the worst people alive

he killed toys r us

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol romney bitched about being poor in college and using carpet samples in their basement apartment and also having to "sell some stock" instead of getting a job

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Tulip posted:

Of all the things that are fake about Romney, which is most things, I have never doubted that he likes hot dogs. That quote is just purely embarrassing to him and his brand, there's no reason he'd say it if it wasn't true.

Yeah. It’s not that he was particularly awful compared to other recent presidents, it’s just that the gap between expectation and reality was so wide.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

ikanreed posted:

He wasn't, but he was still really bad and almost every element of our current dystopia can be traced back to him building off of something Bush left him or failing to implement even half assed reforms

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

vyelkin posted:

Mark Zuckerberg making and enthusiastically chomping away on dry toast

I've done that before while really sick cause it was all i could keep down

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

binders full of women

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

obama was uniquely bad in terms of completely squandering the moment. with a democratic supermajority and all the energy and momentum of being the nations first black president he could have ushered a new era of progressive politics. instead he sat around doing nothing and trying to be conciliatory with republicans who understood instinctively that their new goal was to antagonize him at every turn, and meanwhile the forces of reaction are building up. a very sad combination of having the right skills to get there but lacking the vision and ambition to do anything with it

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

obama accomplished exactly what he wanted which was pleasing his paymaster billionaires while holding off the proletariat revolt another 8 years

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Kitfox88 posted:

obama accomplished exactly what he wanted which was pleasing his paymaster billionaires while holding off the proletariat revolt another 8 years

this kind of thinking is not helpful for actually understanding how anything works

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

babypolis posted:

obama was uniquely bad in terms of completely squandering the moment.

i would argue that dubya also did this with 9/11, he squandered the absolute poo poo out of some insane nationwide and even international unity

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Romney is a bad person, but he seems actually capable of joy and enjoyment, unlike so many political goblins. I don't know if that makes it better or worse.

For example, witness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL3okMs6q7c

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i would argue that dubya also did this with 9/11, he squandered the absolute poo poo out of some insane nationwide and even international unity

this is definitely true, to the point that he squandered international unity so badly that obama won the nobel peace prize just for getting elected and not being him (which incidentally is another funny politics thing I just remembered ITT) and then obama squandered it too by being so gung-ho for murdering people

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's really funny that obama won a nobel prize for not being bush when he essentially was.

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
Obama only eats 7 almonds

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

babypolis posted:

this kind of thinking is not helpful for actually understanding how anything works

Actually that kind of thinking describes exactly how things work. Your assertion that:

babypolis posted:

obama was uniquely bad in terms of completely squandering the moment. with a democratic supermajority and all the energy and momentum of being the nations first black president he could have ushered a new era of progressive politics. instead he sat around doing nothing and trying to be conciliatory with republicans who understood instinctively that their new goal was to antagonize him at every turn, and meanwhile the forces of reaction are building up. a very sad combination of having the right skills to get there but lacking the vision and ambition to do anything with it

is so naïve that I'm surprised the Tooth Fairy doesn't make an appearance. Gosh, it sure is a shame that the guy clearly articulating progressive policies during the campaign, winning in a landslide, and bringing his party into power in both houses of congress can't actually do any of those things he promised! Oh well, nevertheless...

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

im not sure what else he could have done other than invading some country tho. it was a purely jingoistic sentiment

LastInLine posted:

Actually that kind of thinking describes exactly how things work. Your assertion that:

is so naïve that I'm surprised the Tooth Fairy doesn't make an appearance. Gosh, it sure is a shame that the guy clearly articulating progressive policies during the campaign, winning in a landslide, and bringing his party into power in both houses of congress can't actually do any of those things he promised! Oh well, nevertheless...

i dont know why you think im absolving obama of blame here. what he did is very clear. but yes im pretty sure his thinking went beyond "gonna get rich as gently caress hell yeah" because there are about a billion easier ways to make money than becoming the president of the usa. almost anyone who gets that far has some kind of vision they want to impose upon the world. and it turned out obamas sucked dogshit right out of a dogs rear end

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

babypolis posted:

im not sure what else he could have done other than invading some country tho. it was a purely jingoistic sentiment

he decided to invade a completely unrelated country under false pretenses and killed a million civilians dude

so uh maybe anything else

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Romney is a bad person, but he seems actually capable of joy and enjoyment, unlike so many political goblins. I don't know if that makes it better or worse.

For example, witness:

what on earth

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
i've been following politics and giggling since 1999 how have I never seen Mitt Romney's junk and bare chest

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Toph Bei Fong posted:

For example, witness:

:stare: the gently caress...

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

he decided to invade a completely unrelated country under false pretenses and killed a million civilians dude

so uh maybe anything else

yeah that was a weird way to phrase it lol. i guess i was trying to say there was no way to embrace that sentiment for any good end

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

babypolis posted:

yeah that was a weird way to phrase it lol. i guess i was trying to say there was no way to embrace that sentiment for any good end

i was being a little glib but yeah, it's not like he could've used 9/11 to pass m4a, or i guess the republican party's equivalent which i suppose at the time would've been the draft or zero income tax or whatever

it does ultimately make sense that he went hard for what he and cheney wanted most, personally

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
9/11 let bush to do everything he wanted unopposed. i don't know how you'd call that squandering an opportunity.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Animal-Mother posted:

That old man who was dying and said, "drat, I won't get to read the Mueller report."

Mueller's absolutely astounding inability to find crimes

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It owns that Roger stones free after doing everything wrong before and after crimes

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This is only a kind of meta-funny but I just remembered Andropov and Chernenko existed.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Andropov and Chernenko existed.

Impressive that you summarized all their major accomplishments so succinctly.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Eric Cantor torpedoing the Grand Bargain to shore up his conservative bonafides and then getting primaried by a guy he thought he was 30 points ahead of

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

remember qaddafi's scrapbook of all his favorite condi rice moments

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Qaddafi's elite royal guard of sexy lady soldiers

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

zegermans posted:

Eric Cantor torpedoing the Grand Bargain to shore up his conservative bonafides and then getting primaried by a guy he thought he was 30 points ahead of

...is Dave Brat the Republican AOC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

It owns that Roger stones free after doing everything wrong before and after crimes

NPR described Roger Stone as "Trump long term friend" and I remembered Stone's Nixon tattoo and laughed at the idea of either of them having friends.