Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The thing that gets me is it only affects male survivors. Skeleton problems maybe?

E: I guess to be fair after the revelation that literally everything in DBD is done in blueprints I really shouldn't surprised by any of this at this point.

Orv fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jul 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I've been getting an absolutely inordinate amount of games where survivors all start on one gen (I usually run Discordance so that poo poo immediately pings on my radar), so I hoof it over there and find everyone in the match scrambling about. Not any offerings they're running either, the opening screen would indicate nothing but cakes

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Sometimes that's just how the spawns work. Honestly it's better than them spawning into a perfect split since at least you can put a little pressure on all of them.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Legit wish I could get a shroud of binding as Myers. There's nothing quite like four idiots on a generator not looking around :v:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

My new favorite thing to do in this game is diving off high poo poo as a killer and whacking people on the way down. Helps that the viewpoint doing that is such that people can't really hide from you. I got two people to immediately disconnect dive bombing someone off the tractor as Legion, then turning around and dropping another one that was too close :v:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Wow, so another match as Legion, another match where everyone starts grouped. I immediately nail all four of them with Frenzy. Someone ragequits. Game quits out, "Player canceled while loading." I wasn't aware a Survivor could end the entire match by DCing while the game is running.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Azran posted:

Apparently there's a bug (that's getting fixed in the next patch) where male survivors can't blind the killer if they pick up a flashlight, unless they started the trial with one in the first place.

Fun fact, there used to be another bug with male survivors where they made no noise while cleansing totems. You have no idea how surprisingly irritating this was to deal with.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

Wow, so another match as Legion, another match where everyone starts grouped. I immediately nail all four of them with Frenzy. Someone ragequits. Game quits out, "Player canceled while loading." I wasn't aware a Survivor could end the entire match by DCing while the game is running.

There's a small window at the start, I forget how long, where if some one DCs it just cancels the match.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Oh, I've encountered that issue before and it was in a way more ludicrous way. It has nothing to do with someone DCing in match, sometimes someone loses connection as it's loading in a weird way and is still technically 'there' and the server hasn't realized they dc'd in loading. I legit played for a solid 3 minutes as a Nurse in a match, mid chase with someone and then we suddenly all get the "Player has DC'd, match cancelled" pop up. The survivors still there were just as confused as I was.

It's an occurrence that happens pretty rarely, but as far as I'm aware DCs that occur in match never actually cause the match cancelled.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Ahhh, okay. Yeah I've only had it happen a few times.

it's a very well coded game with like no issues or weird bugs ever, never ever never

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

None that would dare inconvenience survivors for more than a week anyway.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Wound up with enough shards to pick up Clown for free. First match, everyone dead, 4 red emblems :v: He seems to make up for my deficiency in not being able to hit the broad side of a barn when people start juking

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Remember to hit the top of trees/rooves to make the cloud spread out more, really useful when you wanna saturate a gen.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I got someone bitching at me because I three-hooked them. It wasn't some kind of intentional griefing, they were the only survivor I saw that match. Is this some kind of murder etiquette or are they just salty.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Any game as Killer where you do not let the Survivor win is cheating (in that case they'll just teabag the gently caress out of you)

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Played a pair of games as the killer and it's much more stressful than playing as survivors, for now. Got two sacrifices in the second one and the survivors still teabagged at the end, lol. I don't understand why most people in this game are salty about everything up to and including people who d/c if they're knocked down early. I did want to ask if the perk that shows a generator when it hits 85% progress is good, or if I think it's good because I'm new. Or, generally, what perks are good for new killers.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nessus posted:

I got someone bitching at me because I three-hooked them. It wasn't some kind of intentional griefing, they were the only survivor I saw that match. Is this some kind of murder etiquette or are they just salty.

While I refuse to have sympathy for survivors who, you know, die to killer what kind of detection perks are you running if I might ask? You might throw on Whispers or something if you haven't.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The unfortunate thing about Tinkerer is that if a gen gets to 85%, it is pretty much doomed unless you're a killer with a teleport. So its actual use is not as good as it would seem on paper

Good ones to start, BBQ and Chili is great on just about everyone for being able to spy out where the other team is. Nurse's Calling, since if you lose someone in a chase the first thing they're going to do is hide behind a rock and heal. Endurance will make pallets constantly landing on your head much less irritating. Lightborn is something to switch to if you see the other team is starting with flashlights, then you get to hit them in the face while they stand around failing to troll you :v:

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jul 13, 2020

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Chakan posted:

Played a pair of games as the killer and it's much more stressful than playing as survivors, for now. Got two sacrifices in the second one and the survivors still teabagged at the end, lol. I don't understand why most people in this game are salty about everything up to and including people who d/c if they're knocked down early. I did want to ask if the perk that shows a generator when it hits 85% progress is good, or if I think it's good because I'm new. Or, generally, what perks are good for new killers.

Yeah, playing Killer is always more stressful than survivor since there's no down time.

For perks, Tinkerer's about to get a buff where it activates at 70%. It's still won't be great but it'll be fine. To add to what DeathChiken listed, you're gonna wanna look into these other teachables: Pop Goes The Weasel, Corrupt Intervention, Discordance, and I'm All Ears. The first two moreso than the last two, but the last two are still good on most killers. Pop lets you regress gens fast and Corrupt forces survivors to come towards you and you tend to want one or the other on a killer. Discordance gives you an alert when multiple survivors work on a gen and I'm All Ears lets you see people through walls for a bit if they vault. For universal perks, Whispers and Sloppy Butcher are both good. Whispers is great for getting your game started, Sloppy Butcher is good for dragging out the game. Deerstalker has its place as a good way to learn about slugging - downing some one then leaving them on the ground. After that it gets killer specific - ie Agitation is good on Trapper, Infectious Fright + Monitor & Abuse are good on killers like Oni or Myers.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

TGLT posted:

Yeah, playing Killer is always more stressful than survivor since there's no down time.

For perks, Tinkerer's about to get a buff where it activates at 70%. It's still won't be great but it'll be fine. To add to what DeathChiken listed, you're gonna wanna look into these other teachables: Pop Goes The Weasel, Corrupt Intervention, Discordance, and I'm All Ears. The first two moreso than the last two, but the last two are still good on most killers. Pop lets you regress gens fast and Corrupt forces survivors to come towards you and you tend to want one or the other on a killer. Discordance gives you an alert when multiple survivors work on a gen and I'm All Ears lets you see people through walls for a bit if they vault. For universal perks, Whispers and Sloppy Butcher are both good. Whispers is great for getting your game started, Sloppy Butcher is good for dragging out the game. Deerstalker has its place as a good way to learn about slugging - downing some one then leaving them on the ground. After that it gets killer specific - ie Agitation is good on Trapper, Infectious Fright + Monitor & Abuse are good on killers like Oni or Myers.

Hella agree on the super stress of killer, but at the same time you don't have to worry about teammates dragging you down so it is simultaneously less stressful for that reason.

As for perks Pop, Corrupt and Discordance aside, I'm gonna have to disagree with I'm All Ears. It's a decent perk but not must have as it simply helps a skill you should be trying to develop already: mind gaming. Don't get me wrong, it's a good teaching tool but you're better off using other perks once you've gotten a better handle on reading survivors IMO. I myself would add in perks to acquire aside from the obvious BBQ&Chili:

Monitor & Abuse, Save The Best for Last, Nurse's Calling, Ruin (yes I think it's a fine perk still), Devour Hope, Infectious Fright, Make Your Choice, Spirit Fury, Enduring, Brutal Strength.

These perks will all serve you well regardless of killer (STBFL is the most niche on the list but is very powerful). Every other perk is to taste and you'll get a feel for whether you want to get it or not from playing and gaining more experience.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I personally really like Spies from the Shadows too, although it seems like one of those things where it will function wonderfully and point out exactly where people are at any given moment, or they'll just somehow manage to never trip any birds at all

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

DeathChicken posted:

I personally really like Spies from the Shadows too, although it seems like one of those things where it will function wonderfully and point out exactly where people are at any given moment, or they'll just somehow manage to never trip any birds at all

gently caress Spies so hard, that poo poo triggers me. I had to play with it when it A) Did literally nothing because it was bugged and wouldn't alert you or B) the killer themselves would trigger it constantly because it had no cooldown.

Dead Perk, never use it ever. :colbert:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nessus posted:

Among all the bullshit playground "that's not fair!" whining survivors do, 'tunneling' I will actually cop to be a little bit lovely. That is to say, hooking the same survivor three times right away to the exclusion of others. The trouble is that sometimes (a lot of the time) you keep finding the same survivor because they keep going to the same gen or hiding in the same place or making the same play that makes you go "Why, why would you do this, are you okay?" So while I try to spread out my hooks, sometimes you get the snow map and all you can find is the one dumbass.

It's another instance of them complaining about you just playing the game, don't worry about it.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

SaffronKit posted:

As for perks Pop, Corrupt and Discordance aside, I'm gonna have to disagree with I'm All Ears. It's a decent perk but not must have as it simply helps a skill you should be trying to develop already: mind gaming. Don't get me wrong, it's a good teaching tool but you're better off using other perks once you've gotten a better handle on reading survivors IMO. I myself would add in perks to acquire aside from the obvious BBQ&Chili:

I was pretty skeptical about I'm All Ears until I started really using it. It's good on killers who can quickly down people they catch since it's specific info exactly when you need it. Plus it's a good perk for a beginner since it's basically the only thing the game has that indicates you shouldn't always walk around a wall in the most obvious way. I'm not gonna say it's a must have though, neither it nor discordance are must haves in my book.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Orv posted:

Among all the bullshit playground "that's not fair!" whining survivors do, 'tunneling' I will actually cop to be a little bit lovely. That is to say, hooking the same survivor three times right away to the exclusion of others. The trouble is that sometimes (a lot of the time) you keep finding the same survivor because they keep going to the same gen or hiding in the same place or making the same play that makes you go "Why, why would you do this, are you okay?" So while I try to spread out my hooks, sometimes you get the snow map and all you can find is the one dumbass.

It's another instance of them complaining about you just playing the game, don't worry about it.

If they get found three times, that's on them, not you. You're not there to make sure they have a good time, you're there to kill them.

Orv
May 4, 2011

dogstile posted:

If they get found three times, that's on them, not you. You're not there to make sure they have a good time, you're there to kill them.

S'what I said. :v:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

While I myself try to go out of my way to only go after the unhooker or not go for the same survivor if they've been two hooked before anyone else I am contractually obligated as killer to down your stupid rear end if I have Nurse's Calling equipped and a survivor starts healing within its range. Bonus points if it's in a stupid place like the basement or the edge of the map where they have no pallets to save them.

Orv
May 4, 2011
People healing in the basement is how I know there is a god and they love me.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Good to know I wasn't breaking knife law or something. In the case of the salty guy I didn't like, camp him, which would be unfair. I got him once, left, ran into him again shortly thereafter, and then caught him about two generators over after I did a full orbit in the opposite direction. Bad luck, cowboy.

Dawgstar posted:

While I refuse to have sympathy for survivors who, you know, die to killer what kind of detection perks are you running if I might ask? You might throw on Whispers or something if you haven't.
I had Whispers of at least some level, I was just doing Myers and while I love Myers he does seem to have an issue that if he gets a bad draw on survivor location, they can build a lot of momentum before you can start putting a knife in people. I have not had this issue on the Plague.

I assume teabagging is when the survivors loiter in the vestibule and don't actually go for the goal line until you get there? I've occasionally downed someone and hooked them in those situations... I'd interpreted it as edging for more points or something.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nessus posted:

I assume teabagging is when the survivors loiter in the vestibule and don't actually go for the goal line until you get there? I've occasionally downed someone and hooked them in those situations... I'd interpreted it as edging for more points or something.

That's when they do the rapid crouch thing. Sometimes survivors loiter to let you get a free hit to be nice.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I managed to grab someone teabagging in the vestibule with a tombstone piece, I expected heavy salt but they were like "yeah I deserved that"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Danaru posted:

I managed to grab someone teabagging in the vestibule with a tombstone piece, I expected heavy salt but they were like "yeah I deserved that"
I gotta assume that in a vacuum these people are playing in part for the risk of that. (I don't see why the killer is stressful at all, I've found it very relaxing but I may change my opinion when the Gateaus run out)

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Well no, if they're parked at the border line where they'd win the game if they crossed it, due to game mechanics even if you down them they'll fall over the finish line and still win. They literally can't lose at that point no matter what you do (barring very rare exceptions like the killer running Tombstone)

Survivors also can't lose if they have two health states and the gates are open, as they can just plow straight by you with no recourse barring one hit downs, and they can last second heal themselves if they're running Adrenaline. Which is why I always run NOED as it's the only way to remotely balance an endgame specifically designed so Survivors don't even have to put in effort to win :v:

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 14, 2020

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So uh, speaking of the above scenario, I downed a guy right at the gate. This time, I did have enough time to Mori him before he crawled through...which resulted in Demogorgon ending up beyond the barrier at the finish line. Turns out the campfire is back there. And a *mysterious void*

https://twitter.com/fumangoo/status/1282853120985399299

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yeah you can see the campfire from both exits, since that's where the survivors are supposed to be escaping to :v: There used to be a bug where Survivors could glitch out of bounds and somehow it made them unable to trigger the escape sequence. This led to a video where the player escaped and bumped head first into another player getting endgame collapse-d

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Quick Meyers question: Do Tuft of hair (unlimited EW3) and Tombstone piece (unlocks the ability to kill directly while in EW3) interact the way I think they do, in other words "hit EW3 and it's a blood party?"

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nessus posted:

Quick Meyers question: Do Tuft of hair (unlimited EW3) and Tombstone piece (unlocks the ability to kill directly while in EW3) interact the way I think they do, in other words "hit EW3 and it's a blood party?"

That is in fact how it works. Trouble is that you need to drain every drop of Evil Juice from three people and then half from the fourth (I think that's the math) then you need to catch people with your hilariously poo poo move speed in order to knife them. It's a gimmick that's gonna not go off way more than it goes off, in my experience.

E: Oops sorry slight correction. Tombstone Piece will drop you back down to EW2 after each Mori. Judith's Tombstone is infinite Mori.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Orv posted:

That is in fact how it works. Trouble is that you need to drain every drop of Evil Juice from three people and then half from the fourth (I think that's the math) then you need to catch people with your hilariously poo poo move speed in order to knife them. It's a gimmick that's gonna not go off way more than it goes off, in my experience.

E: Oops sorry slight correction. Tombstone Piece will drop you back down to EW2 after each Mori. Judith's Tombstone is infinite Mori.
Yeah I got nowhere near enough juice for EW3 before they were teabagging in the vestibule. I did manage to plant a knife in one of them.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's great for like a twitch person who can put in twenty matches of it a day for that one good clip to upload to youtube but yeah realistically you have to have a perfect game in order to get the four kills from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I'm nearly at 50 with Myers and I have like 30 gateaux so I'm mostly using him to farm for BP. All your items disappear if you prestige, right?