Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
After reading the chapo thread it made me think. Did seth ever talk about watching uncut gems (adam sandler)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Jippa posted:

After reading the chapo thread it made me think. Did seth ever talk about watching uncut gems (adam sandler)?

He definitely talked about watching it, but I can’t remember what episode or even his take. I’m tempted to say he was incredulous at the fact people enjoyed it, but that’s not much of a stretch given his usual takes on Sandler.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

he absolutely hated it, mostly because of sandler

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Seth's offhand mention that his lady friend had him watch WALL-E immediately conjured the image of him ranting "BEEP BOOP HELLO, DO YOU WANT TO PUT SOME TALKING IN YOUR MOVIE?"

Feb 2, 2005
Seth blasting Hoarders in 805 is the hardest I've laughed all year. Choke 'em out and shove them in a hockey bag.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Jippa posted:

Its a thing that people liked, so you can guarantee Seth hates it.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

In the latest ep we learn that Seth hasn't seen The Terminator (1984)

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
I'm a year behind on episodes and I listened to 723 (from around May 2019) last week. Seth mentions a friend who had tickets to Ozzy Osbourne's "No More Tours II" show sometime in 2018. The show got postponed due issues with Ozzy's health to July 2019. He brings this up on 723 to make note of the fact that the show has once again been postponed due to health to July, 2020. He then speculates that the show will never happen.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

DrVenkman posted:

Its a thing that people liked, so you can guarantee Seth hates it.

I think once Seth has it in his head that a certain director or actor will never produce worthwhile work, he'll never be won over by anything they do. He will always go in thinking "this is going to be stupid and lovely" and won't be dissuaded.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Here's the infamous Toby Keith/Will Smith nobel prize concert. Warning extremely lovely quality A/V

https://www.tmz.com/2009/12/14/toby-keith-nobel-peace-prize-racist-video-footage-asians-slant-gesture/

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

General Dog posted:

I think once Seth has it in his head that a certain director or actor will never produce worthwhile work, he'll never be won over by anything they do. He will always go in thinking "this is going to be stupid and lovely" and won't be dissuaded.

He's right about Sandler though, of course

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Half of Dracula posted:

He's right about Sandler though, of course

Nah. I think the fact that Sandler can do great dramatic work but chooses to do lovely Netflix comedies so he can hang out with his friends is kinda hilarious.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Adam Sandler took a page from the Freddy Got Fingered playbook: always take their money regardless of output

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
That ep and the follow up one where they try and calculate how heavy that "great pacific garbage patch" thing is.

A thousand trillion? :xd:

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

DrVenkman posted:

Nah. I think the fact that Sandler can do great dramatic work but chooses to do lovely Netflix comedies so he can hang out with his friends is kinda hilarious.

Meyerowitz stories cemented that for me. He did a great job in that but yeah, if someone offered me millions of dollars to shoot easy lovely movies would I do it? Absolutely.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

He's a solid actor given the right role, he just has bad (but lucrative) taste personally. I'm sure there are a lot of actors like that, most just don't get infinite blank checks to make whatever movies they want.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
The moonwalk in ep 1000 is going to be legendary

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

103, 48 minutes, after a great Seth rant about getting old and out of touch:
J: Now I was thinking about something -- what if we could fly? I was thinking about it in all seriousness though,
S: Are you loving drunk right now?
J: I was thinking about this: I think at the core of humankind, at the core of human existence, there is... in essence, so much of what we do and have done is due to the fact that we have the inability to fly.
S: loving poo poo man.
J: I think I'm on to something. I gotta maybe think about this--
S: You're not on to -- you think the fact that your father sent you a loving gay-rear end screen saver of like birds that have formed a smiley face and now you're some sort of like, "hey man, you know what I'm thinking about civilization and everything we've accomplished, both here imperatively and theoretically, is the fact that mankind does not have the ability to fly." I guess that's true?

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

103, 48 minutes, after a great Seth rant about getting old and out of touch:
J: Now I was thinking about something -- what if we could fly? I was thinking about it in all seriousness though,
S: Are you loving drunk right now?
J: I was thinking about this: I think at the core of humankind, at the core of human existence, there is... in essence, so much of what we do and have done is due to the fact that we have the inability to fly.
S: loving poo poo man.
J: I think I'm on to something. I gotta maybe think about this--
S: You're not on to -- you think the fact that your father sent you a loving gay-rear end screen saver of like birds that have formed a smiley face and now you're some sort of like, "hey man, you know what I'm thinking about civilization and everything we've accomplished, both here imperatively and theoretically, is the fact that mankind does not have the ability to fly." I guess that's true?

SethandJah.txt

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

It’s unfortunate that since they’ve grown and changed so much we don’t have as many ‘Jonathan says something stupid and Seth encourages him to elaborate while giving out the voicemail number’ moments

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!

inferis posted:

It’s unfortunate that since they’ve grown and changed so much we don’t have as many ‘Jonathan says something stupid and Seth encourages him to elaborate while giving out the voicemail number’ moments

It's definitely one of my favourite parts of the earlier eps. I'm around 320 now and Jah just went on a baby rant about how Seal Team 9 is real and was practicing psychic warfare and the dude who is bringing this to light is DEFINITELY not crazy and being charged as a sex offender as part of a smear campaign.

The entire time Seth is more or less sitting there saying "oh really? please continue."

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

inferis posted:

"Jonathan, those are terrible odds."
"I know, it's really sad."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36AqE5Ng_q4

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

Goat

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

That’s 323-481-4422

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

"I don't think I've ever seen a black person with down syndrome"
"That's because there's no black people in Malibu"

lmao

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

mcvey posted:

the only phone number i can remember

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Giga Gaia posted:

the only phone number i can remember

It's etched into my mind permanently lol. Called a bunch of times over the years, Seth even read something on the show I called in about once!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

106, the Time Magazine 1981 cover story on cocaine: "Known as coke, C, snow, blow, toot, flake, happy dust, nose candy, Peruvian, lady, white girl". Tipping hotel maids, dentists bartering their services for it.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!

Ep 333 - 23:10
Jah: A new study conducted by careerbuilder.com says that women were more apt than men 61% to 56% to experience road rage while driving.
Seth: Doesn't surprise me.
Jah: Does it? It doesn't?
Seth: You seen these fuckin ladies?
Jah: Well..I see em driving badly, but I don't see em driving angry.
Seth: Hah hah hah hah....8888422357

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
a compilation of bad Jonathan takes followed by Seth reading out the voicemail would be so good

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Seth should sell headshots in the merch store. He must have some gems.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!

Pooky posted:

Seth should sell headshots in the merch store. He must have some gems.

I went back and found all the old clips of him in ads and shows and stuff and those were pure gold. I can only imagine what his head shots would be like.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
That Cook To Bang recipe list, whew lawd

Then again I definitely have a cookbook called A Man A Can A Plan that I think I was given in 2010, so Seth is right about the push to get dudes cooking around that time.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Is there a reason that the episodes are going up on the podcast feed so much longer after they go up on YouTube? Seems like episodes go up on the Apple feed like a week or more after the listed date.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

General Dog posted:

Is there a reason that the episodes are going up on the podcast feed so much longer after they go up on YouTube? Seems like episodes go up on the Apple feed like a week or more after the listed date.

Because it's uyd. It's pretty silly.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

806 was mostly another recap ep but it's an all time great.

General Dog posted:

I'm guessing Jeff puts the videos up and Jonathan still uploads the podcast himself.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Jippa posted:

Because it's uyd. It's pretty silly.

It's not a big deal since the episodes are largely evergreen; I really just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me. When they upload a new episode with a date from ten days earlier, it makes it easy to miss on the "recent uploads" screen so then I look back at some point and 6 episodes have piled up.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

General Dog posted:

It's not a big deal since the episodes are largely evergreen; I really just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me. When they upload a new episode with a date from ten days earlier, it makes it easy to miss on the "recent uploads" screen so then I look back at some point and 6 episodes have piled up.

It's always been weird to me how they even have the metadata of when the episode was uploaded set to the date it was recorded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Also they're still recording two at a time so by the dates every other episode feels like it's dropping two weeks late instead of just one.

Professor Latency posted:

It's always been weird to me how they even have the metadata of when the episode was uploaded set to the date it was recorded
To me this actually makes sense, especially as early as they were before release date became the standard way to do it.