Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Solarin posted:

grilled wheeze

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Bad
Lungs
Trup

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

I know that story too but the seatbelt thing was a real one

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/seat-belt-advocate-killed/

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

DR GOOFY

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
were there chuds protesting seatbelt laws and writing a million letters to congress in the 1960s?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

marmot25 posted:

also don’t knock american cheese in a grilled cheese. the sodium citrate leeches out to help other cheeses you add become super melty too

https://youtu.be/CD8UTr5mMVk

buddy I got some good fuckin news for you on that front

https://www.amazon.com/WillPowder-Sodium-Citrate-16-Ounce-Jar/dp/B00250Y9Y6

add it to grilled cheeses! add it to mac and cheese! sprinkle it into your quesadillas!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I know that story too but the seatbelt thing was a real one

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/seat-belt-advocate-killed/
Without a helmet on a motorcycle you'll get brain bits on someone else when you might not have before, but if you're not wearing a seat belt in a car, your actual body could fly out and hit someone else and kill them.

But of course, that's possible on a motorcycle no matter what you do.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

dead gay comedy forums posted:

the brazilian middle class yankee-wannabes are deffo there because of loving course they are bolsonaro voters

I am talking people with the national football team shirt and carrying maga hats or american flags here in pro-bolsonaro rallies, an entire new dimension of ideological failure only possible in these trying times
glad to see brazil is showing some solidarity with america :911:

But yeah it's a uniquely melting pot shitshow of decades of building:

- atomization and community destruction. crab bucketing, gently caress the neighbors, gently caress people not immediately me, etc. there's no real sense being part of anything so why do i care what happens to anyone else? theres no community under capitalism, do i give a poo poo if some workers get sick from giving me a haircut and get their parents killed? gently caress no. not part of MY HOU SE! just look at the way everyone treats public spaces, public transit, parks, beaches etc. People love just absolutely trashing the gently caress out of everything because gently caress it, i don't care what other people experience and if people care they can clean up after me.

- all media consolidating into essentially propaganda pieces and either not to be trusted (cnn/msnbc/npr/nyt/etc) or super trustworthy everything they say is True (fox news, sinclair broadcasting, etc). note that conservatives spent be the better parts of buying up local paper and local radio/local tv stations in the late 90s and 2000s and shutting it down or consolidating into garbage and it's paid off in spades because it reaches people who think their local stuff was trustworthy but it's just essentially OANN slinging whatever on the cheap.

- Big Guvmint Libs want to take ARE FREEDOMS. just look at sars/swine flu/bird flu/ebola/zika!!!! so much hoax haha i won't get owned by da libs this time

- Wearing masks is emasculating. i think something showed like men had a compliance that was like 1/5th that of women, just absolutely insanely. years spent being mentally-ill judging other people induces a thought that that's how everyone else must surely be thinking if you were to do that too-- you dont want to look like a loving PUSSY now do you?

- not enough people being visibly dead yet

Xaris has issued a correction as of 06:38 on Jul 13, 2020

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

fosborb posted:

someone earlier asked if the olds were starting to get it in FL. the answer is, they're starting to!

this is the % of positive cases per 5 year age band by week.

Florida started opening it all up state wide on June 5 lol

and on July 6th mandated all schools have to be open for 5 days of in school learning lmoaoo

This is cool whats the source for the table?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Unormal posted:

This is cool whats the source for the table?

https://open-fdoh.hub.arcgis.com/datasets/florida-covid19-case-line-data

and the public version of Tableau

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Xaris posted:

- not enough people being visibly dead yet

Need to adopt the Ecuador model where people are just trapped at home for days with their loved one's corpse until the clean up crew finally makes its round through the neighborhood

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh someone already made the post i made here, will use this space to say coronavirus is good now

Stunt_enby has issued a correction as of 06:43 on Jul 13, 2020

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Nice

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
15k new cases in Florida on a Sunday is insane

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

marmot25 posted:

also don’t knock american cheese in a grilled cheese. the sodium citrate leeches out to help other cheeses you add become super melty too

https://youtu.be/CD8UTr5mMVk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENMoC6fMwFE

Get some sodium hexametaphosphate too.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Stereotype posted:

15k new cases in Florida on a Sunday is insane

Watch in two weeks.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
they need to make a philly cheese lung mascot that tells kids to wear masks and wash yer hands or something

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Watch in two weeks.

is there a level above insane? "very insane" just seems like it doesn't pack enough of a punch

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Watch in two weeks.

Yeah, Tampa Bay is already running close to capacity on ICU beds and that's people who probably got infected around Fathers' Day. When the people who got infected over the 4th of July weekend start showing up, poo poo is gonna get very real.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Thesaurus posted:

what are you all even missing about Halloween as adults?

Halloween is every day this year

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stereotype posted:

is there a level above insane? "very insane" just seems like it doesn't pack enough of a punch
"America"

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

oxsnard posted:

I'm not sure the raw fatality rate matters that much by itself. I think the only way for these people to change is to lose someone close to them.

suppose this was something much more terrible (knocks on wood, grabs a rosary): smallpox. Even people able to resist it and survive get their skins all hosed up, lots of pain and we have the evolutionary reflex response of seeing someone with it and HOLY loving poo poo I AM GOING NOWHERE loving NEAR YOU BY GOD. I mean, this is visceral poo poo: I look at images of people with smallpox and my brain lights up on fire sounding all alarms in a way that far more gross images do not cause nowhere near this sort of intense reaction

I have trouble believing that even if Trump made a constitutional amendment saying "it is nothing it is just a different but same-ish variola virus" people would not be loving around, you know?

but of course there are moms out there who think deliberately exposing children to chickenpox is a good idea and I could see others going "bah chickenpox smallpox all of that is just the same"

so, gently caress it, let us go all the way since it still happens today (and hell I just looked it up and happened last time in the USA in 2015): plague. the real deal, Yersinia pestis, Black loving Death, First Rider of the Judgement Times, etc

bruises all over the body, gangrene, delirious fever and ridiculous pain, death in less than ten days, if it is the pneumonic variety then only by grace of divine mercy that one survives left untreated.

that is what would require for such a large group of people to loving get it?

e: words fail me and go missing sometimes

dead gay comedy forums has issued a correction as of 06:55 on Jul 13, 2020

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

skaboomizzy posted:

Yeah, Tampa Bay is already running close to capacity on ICU beds and that's people who probably got infected around Fathers' Day. When the people who got infected over the 4th of July weekend start showing up, poo poo is gonna get very real.

I'm excited for when poo poo doesn't get real and everyone just gets normalized to tens of thousands of people dying daily

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Stereotype posted:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

skaboomizzy posted:

Watching the bottom fall out in a city without beds and ventilators is going to be really loving bad.

Hope kids loving going to school next month!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
it sucks to be stuck in a death cult country

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Watching the bottom fall out in a city without beds and ventilators is going to be really loving bad.

Hope kids loving going to school next month!

They'll all have immunity by then. Until that deteriorates and they're all coughing by Christmas.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

I am so DONE with this pandemic! I say this as the virus pulls out my lungs and beats me to death with them.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Thesaurus posted:

getting shittered with a bunch of friends in elaborate costumes, duh

also excuses for horror movie marathons

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Coronavirus is now boring (into my lungs and brain).

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

suppose this was something much more terrible (knocks on wood, grabs a rosary): smallpox. Even people able to resist it and survive get their skins all hosed up, lots of pain and we have the evolutionary reflex response of seeing someone with it and HOLY loving poo poo I AM GOING NOWHERE loving NEAR YOU BY GOD. I mean, this is visceral poo poo: I look at images of people with smallpox and my brain lights up on fire sounding all alarms in a way that far more gross images do not cause nowhere near this sort of intense reaction

I have trouble believing that even if Trump made a constitutional amendment saying "it is nothing it is just a different but same-ish variola virus" people would not be loving around, you know?

but of course there are moms out there who think deliberately exposing children to chickenpox is a good idea and I could see others going "bah chickenpox smallpox all of that is just the same"

so, gently caress it, let us go all the way since it happens today (and hell I just looked it up and happened last time in the USA in 2015): plague. the real deal, Yersinia pestis, Black loving Death, First Rider of the Judgement Times, etc

bruises all over the body, gangrene, delirious fever and ridiculous pain, death in less than ten days, if it is the pneumonic variety then only by grace of divine mercy that one survives left untreated.

that is what would require for such a large group of people to loving get it?

sick people would get shot by twitchy americans, it'd be treated as the zombie apocalypse

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

Prime time for shifting to a new safety feature: https://www.theonion.com/chrysler-halts-production-of-neckbelts-1819564298

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

sick people would get shot by twitchy americans, it'd be treated as the zombie apocalypse

poo poo. Worst of it is that I can imagine that happening and people ignoring fleas

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

if u look at the stats u will see that the flu kills more and we dont shut down the schools for that

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

*puts CT scan of lungs up on screen*

gorsh...

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

this inspired me to look at smallpox images before bed.

protip: don't get a tattoo over your smallpox vaccine site:

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2020/03/06/soldier-contracts-smallpox-sister-virus-after-tattooing-his-vaccine-site/

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

marmot25 posted:

fair enough. the only other excuse to get food on telegraph was intermezzo or the maoz Dutch falafel chain place that was open for like a month in, I wanna say, 2009?

that Ethiopian restaurant a ways down was good too, at least it was when I was there circa 2005-2011

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Thesaurus posted:

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

getting shittered with a bunch of friends in elaborate costumes, duh

also excuses for horror movie marathons
This. costume designing and decorating the poo poo out of your place and outside with 2spooky stuff or thematic stuff (we've done alice-in-wonderland tulgey woods/tea party, an Over the Garden Wall party, pirates, nightmare before christmas, victorian hellscape, guillotine party) is a whole lot of fun. Plus getting plastered while dressing up owns and cooking elaborate themed foods and zany cocktails for friends and you just roll with it without any expectation of pressure.

also as i said before we get about 1000 kids to my 1br apartment alone each year because some neighbors close off our little street and it becomes a "destination" spot because apparently no one trick-or-treats in their own neighborhood anymore and have to drive someone. It's really sweet and adorable seeing the tiny widdle babies who cant even talk as their parents try to coax "now what do you say aiden? "ppwee pwee peas!" :starting at like 4-5pm :3: and slowly getting up in age with really elaborate and adorable costumes going until 12pm when you just get the high schoolers in the laziest costumes known to man which owns. also its fun to hand out beer to dads who appreciate that.

plus yeah throwing on some horror movies as the night goes on and marathoning various 1920s to modern stuff into wee hours of the night with everyone losing consciousness. Trick R Treat is a fun staple and tradition to watch too. though we haven't done much horror-movie marathons in several years nows, I hope to maybe do something with online peeps/goons this year. maybe we can do a spooky-movie-night for each day of October?

like it's genuinely the one day out of the year i can shed my post-modern irony dead-inside 24/7 stoicicism fugue-state-of-existence that we call living and just really have a lot of fun. a yearly ray of sunshine in hellworld

Xaris has issued a correction as of 07:12 on Jul 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I appreciate the Bushido spirit of the Floridians and Disney goers. They understand that an act may have implicit value even if if it results in your death. There is honor in riding the teacups and meaning in the lapping pools of SplashMountain, though the end that awaits us all comes faster then. Yet The Disney Goers care not where they fall, only that their fastpast is glorious.