Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Angry Lobster posted:

I don't think so? We don't have a clue how they looked like, so grandpa super toads is as good an assumption as anything else.

Battletoads!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
John Blanche unit card mod for TWW please

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

LLSix posted:

Battletoads!

Now I want a Battletoads skin for Mazdamundi, sick sunglasses included.

Doctor Goon
Nov 15, 2013
I started a Tomb Kings campaign and holy poo poo their early game is rough. I know their base troops are supposed to be expandable but having to rebuild half my stack after every battle is pretty annoying.

It's tough, especially since I've just finished a Lizardmen campaign where even the most basic frontline can tank pretty much anything :saddowns:

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

LLSix posted:

You should hit up the PC building thread for advice. You can get 2 1TB drives for a hundred dollars less. These are pretty good, and have been for years now, EVO 860.

drat, I guess I shouldn't be surprised because this sort of progression has happened with every PC I've ever built, but SSD's are cheap these days! I've got a 250 gig Samsung 960 from probably 4-5 years ago that I think cost more than that. I've been thinking of building a new gaming rig but haven't really felt that I had much reason to, because I haven't run into any issues with my current one. This has me wondering, though.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Doctor Goon posted:

I started a Tomb Kings campaign and holy poo poo their early game is rough. I know their base troops are supposed to be expandable but having to rebuild half my stack after every battle is pretty annoying.

It's tough, especially since I've just finished a Lizardmen campaign where even the most basic frontline can tank pretty much anything :saddowns:

You can rebuild stacks much faster if you use global recruitment at the same time as local; there's literally no downside.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
How should I approach attacking walled settlements as Ikit Claw? Had my first major battle attacking one and even blowing holes in the wall frequently my rattling gunners wouldn't fire for some reason. It turned into a bloodbath that I got a decisive victory out of somehow. Lost 2 warlock engineers that were in their teens too....

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Mustang posted:

How should I approach attacking walled settlements as Ikit Claw? Had my first major battle attacking one and even blowing holes in the wall frequently my rattling gunners wouldn't fire for some reason. It turned into a bloodbath that I got a decisive victory out of somehow. Lost 2 warlock engineers that were in their teens too....

Poison Wind Mortars and Doomflayer spam, but I prefer just using the mod that removes siege battles except for major capitals...

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Mustang posted:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Mustang posted:

Be ratty, do warcrimes.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
How exactly do faction unlocker mods work? If I want to play a game as a minor faction like Border Princes or Spire of Sotek or whatever is it just a case of downloading an unlocker mod? Or do I need an unlocker mod and another mod that provides lords and starting armies and stuff for the faction I want to play as?

Zephro fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jul 13, 2020

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Check the faction/lord pack that you're interested in. It should say in the mod description which unlocker you need. I like Mixu's Legendary Lords packs. They've got some fun stuff.
[edit]
Just to note that some of them may affect campaign balance for vanilla/DLC campaigns, e.g. Ikit Claw's start is harder if you use Mixu's Legendary Lords, since Tobaro starts with a larger army, making the 'tutorial' fight somewhat tough.

kingturnip fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jul 13, 2020

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Zephro posted:

How exactly do faction unlocker mods work? If I want to play a game as a minor faction like Border Princes or Spire of Sotek or whatever is it just a case of downloading an unlocker mod? Or do I need an unlocker mod and another mod that provides lords and starting armies and stuff for the faction I want to play as?

A basic unlocker mod will work fine. Many of the minor factions don't have interesting lords or starting armies, but they at least have some lords and armies. Check the workshop to see if someone has made a LL or other features for the minor you want to play as

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Mustang posted:

Ratling gunners, jezzails etc will demolish enemies on open fields but they are absolutely abysmal for sieges. You optimally want other units for sieges

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

quote:

UPDATE 13/7/2020
Da Nutz ‘N’ Boltz update has now been further updated with some high-priority tweaks and fixes. TheSE are as follows:

Fixed a bug in the Vortex Campaign final battle which caused all four enemy armies to appear together at the start, making it exceedingly tough. Their arrival is now correctly staggered
Chapter objectives have been updated for Alarielleto use her correct campaign Rite (Greater Invocation of Isha)
Fixed issues with various heroes T-posing
Fixed an error in which the player could control a WAAAGH! army separate to their main army when raiding
Fixed an issue with the Army Stanceslist which caused it to erroneously close
Eltharion can no longer permanently imprison your Lords following an autoresolved battle
Completing a campaign now correctly triggers the achievement for completing the campaign on that difficulty setting
Greenskinand Norscan confederation dilemmas will now correctly fire after defeating faction leaders
Legendary Lord traits can now be acquired when fighting and defeating them in a battle 
Appropriate negative relationship traits are now unlocked when defeating races in battle
Fixed an issue where players would lose access to various army abilities given in the Vortex Campaign final battle
Players not currently performing a WAAAGH! in a co-op campaign can accumulate WAAAGH! points by razing settlements in preparation for their own WAAAGH!
Recycling items within the Dwarf Forge will now prevent Oathgold from being farmed and exploited

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Mustang posted:

I usually use my artillery to take out some towers and a section of wall or two, and then use up the rest of my artillery ammunition to soften up anyone on the wall. After that I just use a combination of plague wind mortars and lining up my guns to shoot through the walls. I usually have to use a hero or a lord to bait the enemies to come into shooting range.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Did they ever fix strength % buffs not doing anything?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, that fix's in the beta patch

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Mustang posted:

Legendoftotalwar on youtube recent Dwarf livestreams showcases pretty well how to utilise direct fire units (aka most gunners) in sieges, could be worth checking out the VODs to get a feel for how to make em work well.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Thanks guys! I finally recruited a couple of poison wind mortars to go with my catapults and yeah, they're pretty drat good at killing poo poo.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Mustang posted:

Thanks guys! I finally recruited a couple of poison wind mortars to go with my catapults and yeah, they're pretty drat good at killing poo poo.

Ikit himself is also stupidly good at sieges by just spamming Warp Lightning everywhere for almost free.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mustang posted:

If you have three in an army and use them judiciously in a siege (as in, dont always have their Fire At Will on and only let them shoot when enemies are sitting still on the walls) you can win offensive sieges against tier 5 capitals that have garrison buildings and a full stack garrisoning the town without a loss.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mustang posted:

Also to address the problem of gunners not firing into wall gaps, which was a problem I had as well: you want to reshape the gunner unit so it would "fit" in the gap. That usually means deep ranks for a long vertical rectangle sort of shape. I've also had some success backing away from the gap to maximum range. The rule seems to be that unless every rat has LoS through the gap the whole unit gets confused and won't fire.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

JT Jag posted:

Welp, I think a glitch might have ruined my SFO campaign. I confederated Yvresse in my SFO Tyrion playthrough, and Eltharion's character info says he should have the talisman of hoeth, but the item doesn't seem to be anywhere. And without the talisman Eltharion doesn't get half his stuff.

(and for the record, I didn't inherit the quest for it when I confederated him either. He was wounded when I confederated, maybe that borked something)
So good news: this quest popped after Eltharion was in the field for like 5 turns

Bad news: it’s against like 3 full stacks of chaos, and in SFO that’s a giant problem

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hellooooooo nurse!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Man I thought that was official for a second.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Is there a more satisfying feeling in the game than finally wiping out the last dregs of a faction that declared war on you aaaages ago for no loving reason? gently caress you, Kock-Gar.

My Eshin campaign is going well, but weirdly. I'm at war with basically everyone North of the Badlands except Karaz-a-Karak who have hosted their usual Confederation party, leaving me with a really nice buffer until they inevitably declare war on me.
On the other hand, Snikch is almost level 40 and that just means we're almost at the point where I can respond to their completely unexpected hostility with some hostility of my own.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

ChaosRobie doing awesome work again.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'd love to see the Ghorgon use the Swarmlord animations from Dawn of War Retribution so he could get all the arms to swing.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Apparently they figured out how to implement custom animations in WH2, and thus the Ghorgon is here. I wonder how many Charlegmagne's it cost them?!

EDIT: Apparently, they're using Minotaur animations? See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZQi2ZPrkOg

Hopefully they rig it for custom animations in the future, since the extra arms look silly right now. But it's still a gorgeous model.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jul 14, 2020

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah, animations seem to have become the one roadblock that modders have to get past because it looks real dopey in action.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

hes using his extra arms to t-pose to mock the enemy while he kills them

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'd love to see the Ghorgon use the Swarmlord animations from Dawn of War Retribution so he could get all the arms to swing.

This is how I always imagined the animations Ghorgon would have, DoW 2 had some real well animated units and looks fantastic in action even 10 years later now.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJGjajMbqjc

Gorebulls on Parade by Rage Against The Empire.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJGjajMbqjc

Gorebulls on Parade by Rage Against The Empire.
I take it Khazrak is the Minotaur lord? I kinda need to try this now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I take it Khazrak is the Minotaur lord? I kinda need to try this now.

Khazrak has nothing special for minotaurs, outside of starting with a unit of them, he's speciality is Bestigors.

Only Morgur pays extra upkeep for minotaurs, other then that you can use them with any LL or generic lord and get the best out of them.