Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Read "headstock" as "headsock" and thought Suhr was a ethnic/religious group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

tribbledirigible posted:

Read "headstock" as "headsock" and thought Suhr was a ethnic/religious group.

Silly.

'Headsock' is just another word for hat. Just like 'foothat' is another word for sock.

Do you grok?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

loving Suhrs with their headsocks moving into my neighborhood

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Ah poo poo some wool bellies just moved in across the street.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Lincoln posted:

Ah poo poo some wool bellies just moved in across the street.

A very sheepist comment indeed

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

A very sheepist comment indeed

Wouldn't a sheepist be someone who's really into sheep? Or is that a sheepicist?

ESDK
Oct 10, 2007

That´s a Kiwi or a Welshman.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

ESDK posted:

That´s a Kiwi or a Welshman.

🎶Scotsman wear their kilts all day
Zippers scare the sheep away 🎵

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
https://twitter.com/tmorello/status/1282053329464389632?s=19

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

tribbledirigible posted:

Man, I was so sure you were racially profiling the guy until the fact that you were referring to the guitar pinched its way through the pain meds.

:thunk:

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

tribbledirigible posted:

Man, I was so sure you were racially profiling the guy until the fact that you were referring to the guitar pinched its way through the pain meds.

I thought the same thing. I was mad at myself for not knowing the Suhr denomination in Islam.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gross Tom Morello quote aside that poo poo is :krad:

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/NaturelsMetal/status/1282331595337129985?s=20

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

mind the walrus posted:

Gross Tom Morello quote aside that poo poo is :krad:

What’s wrong with Tom Morello?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nothing, but that quote is a bit like "um... k?"

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I think he's implying that it's supposed to be blackface or something, but yeah that's dumb as poo poo, context matters

That goon might be a little too woke and could use a short nap

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

It's a joke because the guy in the first video is good at guitar and, get this, so is Tom Morello!

E- Oh, I forgot to mention that it's definitely not Tom Morello in the original video which helps the joke along.

Cocaine Bear has a new favorite as of 18:22 on Jul 13, 2020

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

I think he's implying that it's supposed to be blackface or something, but yeah that's dumb as poo poo, context matters

That goon might be a little too woke and could use a short nap
I'm not, and you're an rear end in a top hat too.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Well, deserved that reaction, my bad for making assumptions. But then why is the quote gross?

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 20:38 on Jul 13, 2020

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"Gross" is too strong a word, but really it's just like "why did I need Tom Morello's dad joke on this? Just quote the original tweet."

Yes I am being an rear end in a top hat.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it's just corny

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Alright. Sorry for jumping on you like that.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Unlabelled headstock, generic HHS strat, hmm. Suhr relic models have a different humbucker. I wouldn't be calling it out just yet.

It's a Suhr. Chavis Flagg is stone cold.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
You guys know Tom Morello's dad is Kenyan, right? In fact I believe he was the first UN ambassador from Kenya post-independence. Like he's literally got as much claim to blackness as Obama: Kenyan dad, white American mom. If that's what's got everyone's problematic senses tingling.

Imagined has a new favorite as of 22:55 on Jul 13, 2020

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

mind the walrus posted:

"Gross" is too strong a word, but really it's just like "why did I need Tom Morello's dad joke on this? Just quote the original tweet."

Yes I am being an rear end in a top hat.

Dude playing the guitar is getting recognition for being a bad rear end from a genuine bad rear end of rock. Seems pretty solid thread fodder.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

drat it was closer to the ocean and still didn't fall the gently caress in.

UncleButts
Sep 25, 2003

pure of heart
dumb of ass

Imagined posted:

You guys know Tom Morello's dad is Kenyan, right? In fact I believe he was the first UN ambassador from Kenya post-independence. Like he's literally got as much claim to blackness as Obama: Kenyan dad, white American mom. If that's what's got everyone's problematic senses tingling.

Pretty sure he's getting flak for implying that it could be him in the video, thus stealing attention from a less established artist. Which is kinda lovely.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

The joke is that it's not him. He's winking at the fact that is obviously not him. Also, he's known to be good at guitar, which lends credence to the joke. You people have joke dyslexia.

UncleButts
Sep 25, 2003

pure of heart
dumb of ass

Cocaine Bear posted:

The joke is that it's not him. He's winking at the fact that is obviously not him. Also, he's known to be good at guitar, which lends credence to the joke. You people have joke dyslexia.

Yeah, it's pretty clear to us that he's joking, but the joke could go straight over some folks heads.

Then if they stop wondering who cool Onewheel guitar man is, Chavis Flagg gets less eyeballs. So not ill intentioned, but could absolutely reduce hype for the lesser known artist.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

That bastard!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

UncleButts posted:

Yeah, it's pretty clear to us that he's joking, but the joke could go straight over some folks heads.

Then if they stop wondering who cool Onewheel guitar man is, Chavis Flagg gets less eyeballs. So not ill intentioned, but could absolutely reduce hype for the lesser known artist.

On the other hand, a famous artist commented on his skills. A guy with lots of fans. Who might check this guy out now.

Jesus, you guys.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He’s keeping people from seeing this guy by showing him to his 750,000 followers. What a dick.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Can't believe I hadn't seen this before today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlk7o5T56iw

Elranthan
Jul 10, 2005

Wut?
https://www.winknews.com/2020/07/16...SP4N1YPctxrN7Ew

this is my new hero...

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Holy poo poo that kid rules.

Also holy poo poo at the url

There’s like four more lines after that

And holy poo poo at this yoked mountain lion

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sometimes the :catdrugs: are just steroids

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Mother runs into a burning building to save her child at the cost of her life. However the football player gets all the credit and she's just an afterthought lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Xun posted:

Mother runs into a burning building to save her child at the cost of her life. However the football player gets all the credit and she's just an afterthought lol

yeah i was kinda wtf about that too.

it's just an awful tragedy on film, too.