Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
https://www.staples.com/disposable-kn95-face-mask-10-pack-kn95/product_24448174

This is what a smart goon told me to buy yesterday, get an extender on Amazon for a tight fit and you should be good! It went up 5 bux since yesterday so if you want to get them I would act fast!

Sniped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonerKid
Jan 3, 2002

Chill

zer0spunk posted:

I'm on day 128 of doing this totally alone and it really sucks. Living in a dense urban place means there's no scenic walks, just laps around blocks where I need to duck people. I think I'm handling it as best as possible but I feel super trapped and I don't know how I can do another 4-6 months of this after the first 4 other then "you don't have a choice". I bounce between being jealous of people isolating with others and being thankful I don't have to deal with anyone elses bullshit on top of my own right now.

I don't have any mental health issues (i know, shocker) but I don't see how hundreds more days of isolation won't turn me full jack torrance. I'm also so incredibly sick of video chatting, it's not a substitute for anything.

/rant

I'm on day 118 and I live in a small 1 bedroom basement apartment with very little sunlight. Luckily I live in the suburbs and there are parks nearby so I can go for jogs or walks and not have to dodge too many people. This really sucks because I haven't seen anyone I care about in more than 4 months at this point, with no real end in sight.

The worst part about all of this is my neighbors have been throwing parties, having friends over, and living life like normal and here I am doing my best to follow procedures.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

friends of mine had a get together to watch movies on a projector in the backyard. yadda yadda, they stayed socially distanced, blahblahblah
killed me to miss it but nope

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

FullLeatherJacket posted:

He's also best friends with Duncan Trussell, who feels eternally as if he's one bad/good day from joining the Hare Krishnas

His entire thing is just letting basically anyone come on to smoke a blunt and talk about whatever bullshit they're into for 2-3 hours, and goons absolutely cannot deal since they have no concept of not getting visibly upset about Eddie Bravo thinking the Earth is hollow (although you should definitely pick and choose your episodes)

i've never watched rogan but allowing morons to talk for hours without calling out their bullshit sounds like how you get made up poo poo being circulated as fact. i hear that's bad during a lethal pandemic

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Inept posted:

i've never watched rogan but allowing morons to talk for hours without calling out their bullshit sounds like how you get made up poo poo being circulated as fact. i hear that's bad during a lethal pandemic

I think it was CTH that described him as "having an open mind, but like lint roller just rolling around and picking up all sorts of garbage."

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

zer0spunk posted:

I'm on day 128 of doing this totally alone and it really sucks. Living in a dense urban place means there's no scenic walks, just laps around blocks where I need to duck people. I think I'm handling it as best as possible but I feel super trapped and I don't know how I can do another 4-6 months of this after the first 4 other then "you don't have a choice". I bounce between being jealous of people isolating with others and being thankful I don't have to deal with anyone elses bullshit on top of my own right now.

I don't have any mental health issues (i know, shocker) but I don't see how hundreds more days of isolation won't turn me full jack torrance. I'm also so incredibly sick of video chatting, it's not a substitute for anything.

/rant

You’d be surprised how far you can walk if you go for an eight hours walk (four hours back and forth).

The trick is taking the time and being slightly in shape.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

zer0spunk posted:

/rant

just go outside, man. go to a park or something. you'll be okay. this thread is encouraging really unhealthy social behaviors

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I went for a nice 6 mile hike over the weekend and it was so refreshing. Outdoor hiking is very safe as long as you're 6 feet from other people. I'd throw on my mask when I saw within a few hundred feet of someone else and everyone else was kind enough to return the favor.

You can still get out and do some stuff, you need to be smart. But try to do it outdoors

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 13, 2020

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

BonerKid posted:

I'm on day 118 and I live in a small 1 bedroom basement apartment with very little sunlight. Luckily I live in the suburbs and there are parks nearby so I can go for jogs or walks and not have to dodge too many people. This really sucks because I haven't seen anyone I care about in more than 4 months at this point, with no real end in sight.

The worst part about all of this is my neighbors have been throwing parties, having friends over, and living life like normal and here I am doing my best to follow procedures.

Stay tough. I'm lucky enough to have my wife with me, but our neighborhoods sound similar. My next door neighbors have been having small parties more and more frequently. Last week my wife and I were out walking and there were about 30 people at a house a street over.

It's infuriating because this should be a community effort, but at least now you realize who the pieces of poo poo around you are!

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
All you 8 mile hikers or whatever should get on our level to prepare for winter hahaha

I keep meaning to dust off all the VR crap I bought and turn the living room into a big open VR space, it's corny but it'll be a change of pace i guess?

maybe I'll just lean into losing my mind, start scrawling weird poo poo all over the walls and leaving audio diaries detailing my descent into madness

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I bought a PS VR at the very start and was like hell yeah I'm gonna get fit and play so much VR and then I realized I have two toddlers and I've played about 5 hours on it total

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Fun fact: In Norway, deaths have gone down markedly in 2020 compared to the last four years. There's been 252 deaths due to Cornholio, but due to isolating and following procedures less diseases of other types have been spreading. Use of antibiotics are down by 76%. Penicillin is down by 24%.
Also, there's less car accidents and such which are a contributing factor.

Thanks for saving so many lives, Cornholio! You are truly the hero we needed and deserved.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

zer0spunk posted:

All you 8 mile hikers or whatever should get on our level to prepare for winter hahaha

I keep meaning to dust off all the VR crap I bought and turn the living room into a big open VR space, it's corny but it'll be a change of pace i guess?

maybe I'll just lean into losing my mind, start scrawling weird poo poo all over the walls and leaving audio diaries detailing my descent into madness

i bought a pinball machine and am teaching myself to use a voltmeter and solder and read a wiring diagram and fixing it up/upgrading it/painting it
my kid likes super hard paint by numbers
im grinding a gently caress ton of XP in valorant
walking six miles a day has me too tired to worry (mostly)
working on building my drinking stamina which means a lot of 'start at 1 PM on a saturday and hit sheets around 7:30'
consuming vast quantities of weed (vaster than usual)
dole's about to expire

gettin' a little squirrelly ovah heah

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
As poo poo gets more serious now, I've noticed the number of masks have been going up dramatically. It sucks it took this long to happen, but here we are.

One of the more worthwhile things I've seen when I was headed somewhere is a group of college kids sitting around a firepit in a front yard. They were all wearing masks, sitting super far apart and still enjoying themselves.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

VR is loving awesome (I just got my rift) I just wish it wasn’t so fuckin hot because the VR boxing makes me sweat like hell.

The VR shooting range is fun though!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Lodin posted:

Fun fact: In Norway, deaths have gone down markedly in 2020 compared to the last four years. There's been 252 deaths due to Cornholio, but due to isolating and following procedures less diseases of other types have been spreading. Use of antibiotics are down by 76%. Penicillin is down by 24%.
Also, there's less car accidents and such which are a contributing factor.

Thanks for saving so many lives, Cornholio! You are truly the hero we needed and deserved.

I wish everywhere was like snoreway

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

boar guy posted:

consuming vast quantities of weed (vaster than usual)

i'm a 1.5 oz every 3 weeks guy now. thanks coronavirus

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

zer0spunk posted:

Best part of California is year round hiking, this is actually worst part of the year because of the heat

Also, when you have a passion for graphic design
https://twitter.com/NickReisman/status/1282717828395737089

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

does anyone have a link to some decently priced face shields? I may be having to go back to work at the end of the month as well as fly crosscountry wooooo! I found a place that has a four pack but after shipping its like 50 bucks. Only bonus is they had chroma key green when i checked yesterday, but i really dont want to play 50 bucks for 4

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Inept posted:

This is exactly his problem and he’s super into “we should listen to ALL sides!”

Maybe the guy who thinks Bill Gates invented Covid is not a good source to trust and broadcast to millions of people already drowning in misinformation, particularly during a plague

I feel quite let down by Joe, all the smart people he’s got on his podcast, went in one ear and out the other

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Sid Vicious posted:

I bought a PS VR at the very start and was like hell yeah I'm gonna get fit and play so much VR and then I realized I have two toddlers and I've played about 5 hours on it total

I got a ring fit adventure last week and not only is it making me sweat like crazy my 73 year old father is super into it too, a streak one day short of mine

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Stanky Bean posted:

does anyone have a link to some decently priced face shields? I may be having to go back to work at the end of the month as well as fly crosscountry wooooo! I found a place that has a four pack but after shipping its like 50 bucks. Only bonus is they had chroma key green when i checked yesterday, but i really dont want to play 50 bucks for 4

They’re back ordered for a few weeks but I got some of these and they seem pretty good https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0883YFQZ4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_i8jdFb1B7BNM8

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

man, the psychological harm of a first grader being taught to read by a teacher in a face mask, face shield and gown is going to breed a generation of illiterates

you have to get right up on a first grader and point to letters and maybe hold their hand to do things phonetically

i think the teachers here are gearing up to do a sickout. not a strike, just...a percentage showing symptons

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Tagra posted:

The opposite! They got bailed out to the tune of 1.4 billion because the financial burden of paying all their sexual assault pedo lawsuits was too much.

I'm glad that churches are getting cash, they can move it around like they do with their priests

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

The Glumslinger posted:

Best part of California is year round hiking, this is actually worst part of the year because of the heat

your state catching fire on the reg is why i live on the east coast...winters still savage, so just a palette swap lateral move

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

https://twitter.com/deadeyebrakeman/status/1282376398242410496?s=20

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

boar guy posted:

man, the psychological harm of a first grader being taught to read by a teacher in a face mask, face shield and gown is going to breed a generation of illiterates

you have to get right up on a first grader and point to letters and maybe hold their hand to do things phonetically

i think the teachers here are gearing up to do a sickout. not a strike, just...a percentage showing symptons

Teach your own kids to read.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Shaocaholica posted:

Teach your own kids to read.

i did :smug:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I agree with all of her points.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

zgrowler2 posted:

I love you for this

Glad to have my obscure references appreciated :shobon:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Is it smart to go golfing with some friends? I am going to wear my mask but they probably won't, and might rib me but in a friendly way. Also would not be hitting up the 19th hole? Probably not, gently caress trump and gently caress the virus!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sid Vicious posted:

I wish everywhere was like snoreway

I fully assume that other countries that have been able to be as sensible have similar stats.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Michael Corleone posted:

Is it smart to go golfing with some friends?

no

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

I mean for the most part kindergarten kids are old enough to understand why people are wearing PPE.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Shaocaholica posted:

I mean for the most part kindergarten kids are old enough to understand why people are wearing PPE.

no, they're not. it's going to freak them out badly

being taught by a faceless emotionless expressionless authority figure doesn't bode well for continuing education

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Shaocaholica posted:

Yeah my son is supposed to start junior kindergarten in September, he won't be 4 until September 5th but he understands why we wear masks and everything right now. Of course he also pretends he's shooting the Coronavirus with a gun so idk.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Inept posted:

this is true, but it feels like something that the actual news media should have a responsibility to deliver and abjectly fails at

if your main source for information about a deadly disease is a stand-up getting hotboxed with the guy from ancient aliens, I'm not sure thorough source-checking is going to help you much

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Sid Vicious posted:

Of course he also pretends he's shooting the Coronavirus with a gun so idk.

does this work? asking for a friend

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

zer0spunk posted:

does this work? asking for a friend

so far he hasn't got coronavirus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
I would love to go outside and go fishing or whatever but it's currently 112 degrees and the outdoors is hellish. It must be nice to not live in a hellish desert wasteland that is also not a covid hotspot.

Charliegrs fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 13, 2020