Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many quarters after Q1 2016 till Marissa Mayer is unemployed?
1 or fewer
Her job is guaranteed; what are you even talking about?
View Results

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

knox_harrington posted:

Lol. Glass houses, etc

america learned everything from them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

knox_harrington posted:

Lol. Glass houses, etc

How is "my idiot son also has no taste" an appropriate response?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

knox_harrington posted:

Lol. Glass houses, etc

Thats probably the biggest objective I have to the whole British food bad thing. I don't mind it from the French (or any of the other countries with amazing food) but coming from the country that gave the world spray on cheese in a can, it's pretty rich.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

knox_harrington posted:

Lol. Glass houses, etc

I legit think this and the truck driving photo op are the two happiest moments of his presidency.

That is a legit smile, as close to heartfelt as he can get.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
British food is fine and is like 40% of everything you eat, but we did the thing where if it was good it got to be "normal food" in our culture and only the bad or divisive stuff gets to be counted as "british food" because it's stuff we don't also typically eat. Like who's calling a sandwich or apple pie "british food" compared to a jellied eel?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Shepherd's pie is delicious and I'd live with crooked teeth and Boris Johnson if that's what it took to get it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Baronash posted:

Shepherd's pie is delicious and I'd live with crooked teeth and Boris Johnson if that's what it took to get it.

Would you spoon on the left or right with Boris under this hypothetical?

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost

Agents are GO! posted:

Would you spoon on the left or right with Boris under this hypothetical?

And more important: inside or outside spoon? What would you be?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Dawncloack posted:

And more important: inside or outside spoon? What would you be?

Clarifying question: is “inside or outside spoon” a less uh, gender normative / more size conscious way of saying “big or little spoon?”

I’m not being sarcastic or anything, just never heard this phrase before

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Clarifying question: is “inside or outside spoon” a less uh, gender normative / more size conscious way of saying “big or little spoon?”

I’m not being sarcastic or anything, just never heard this phrase before

I am an ESL, to be honest I just used the words that I thought would be descriptive.

In my mind, the outside spoon sees the other person's back of the head. Hth :)

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Dawncloack posted:

I am an ESL, to be honest I just used the words that I thought would be descriptive.

In my mind, the outside spoon sees the other person's back of the head. Hth :)

Ok cool, I definitely got your meaning, just wondered if there had been a change in acceptable wording I should know about.

Carry on!

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost

Baronash posted:

I CAN'T CARRY ON UNTIL THIS MAN ANSWERS!!!

ANSWER ME!!! WOULD YOU BE INSIDE OUR OUTSIDE SPOON WITH BRORIS*?

THE WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW!!!!!!!

*Not a typo.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Senor Tron posted:

My fav thing about that stereotype is that the stats have the average Brit with more of their teeth left than the average American. It's just that America is more about the flashy white grins.

dont americans also care way tooo much about flawless skin and teen(even young adult) Acne ?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

PhazonLink posted:

dont americans also care way tooo much about flawless skin and teen(even young adult) Acne ?

You don't want your kids growing up looking like a smallpox survivor, do you???

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Dawncloack posted:

I CAN'T CARRY ON UNTIL THIS MAN ANSWERS!!!

ANSWER ME!!! WOULD YOU BE INSIDE OUR OUTSIDE SPOON WITH BRORIS*?

THE WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW!!!!!!!

*Not a typo.

Little spoon is objectively the better position in bed.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“Boris Johnson’s Jetpack”

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

PhazonLink posted:

I remember there's this one drug that eventually completely wipes out acne but has a horrific list of side effects including suicidal tendencies.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Platystemon posted:

“Boris Johnson’s Jetpack”
So it's not shaped like a deformed mushroom?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Isn't the 'bland british food' thing just because of war/post war rationing?

This is a difficult question to answer one way or the other because on the one hand, due to colonization, the UK has a great concentration of tasty food from all over the world, but on the other hand, I worked with a guy whose girlfriend, after we offered her a taste of our thai takeaway, told us she didn't eat anything spicy, including anything with garlic or black pepper in it..........................................................................

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

i am harry posted:

This is a difficult question to answer one way or the other because on the one hand, due to colonization, the UK has a great concentration of tasty food from all over the world, but on the other hand, I worked with a guy whose girlfriend, after we offered her a taste of our thai takeaway, told us she didn't eat anything spicy, including anything with garlic or black pepper in it..........................................................................

I couldn't live without black pepper.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I remember there's this one drug that eventually completely wipes out acne but has a horrific list of side effects including suicidal tendencies.

accutane.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

How spicy is Roaccutane?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

never heard of it.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-technology-robot/humanoid-clerk-helps-to-cut-red-tape-in-russia-idUSKCN24F0OP

MOSCOW (Reuters) - A human-like robot designed to look and act like a female clerk has started providing services to the public at a government office in Siberia.

The humanoid, with long blond hair and brown eyes, is serving customers in Perm, a city 1,100 km (680 miles) east of Moscow.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Musk's account is a light bit more credible today:

https://twitter.com/TechCrunch/status/1283504318398832640

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Elon Musk

Generous

It took over an hour to figure out it was a scam?

:thunk:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
n/m

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Twitter appears to be seriously compromised, as the scam has spread to many high profile accounts.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They just locked all verified users from tweeting, lmao.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

There Bias Two posted:

Twitter appears to be seriously compromised, as the scam has spread to many high profile accounts.

probably some sort of API bug where people can send out tweets without compromising individual accounts. last time something like this happened i think it was something like SMS tweets.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

They just locked all verified users from tweeting, lmao.

que Donnie throwing a poo poo fit he cant birdshit during the drama.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

PhazonLink posted:

que Donnie throwing a poo poo fit he cant birdshit during the drama.

Im saddened that the hackers didn't put out tweets calling everyone racial slurrs on Donald's account.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Im saddened that the hackers didn't put out tweets calling everyone racial slurrs on Donald's account.

The hackers targeted Obama, Biden, and AOC. No doubt it was politically motivated as well as financially.

E: AOC was not targeted

America Inc. fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jul 16, 2020

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

How would we tell the difference?

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

adoration for none posted:

The hackers targeted Obama, Biden, and AOC. No doubt it was politically motivated as well as financially.

They also targeted Wendy's, Kanye, Musk, the Cash app, etc etc. If it's politically-motivated, it's not a pure "libs suck" motivation.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

adoration for none posted:

Not really, as a scammer you can skip the three pinocchios out of seven fact checks crowd for a purely financial reason, just like fake content mills eventually did in 2016. It simply isn't cost-effective

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Sundae posted:

They also targeted Wendy's, Kanye, Musk, the Cash app, etc etc. If it's politically-motivated, it's not a pure "libs suck" motivation.

Fair point. Obama, Gates and Musk are also #1, #22, and #41 respectively for the accounts with the most Twitter followers globally so they're some prime targets. Kanye and Wendy's aren't even in the top 50 though. Who knows what their motivation for targets was then :shrug:

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

its even dumber

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/jgxd3d/twitter-insider-access-panel-account-hacks-biden-uber-bezos

quote:

Two sources close to or inside the underground hacking community provided Motherboard with screenshots of an internal panel they claim is used by Twitter workers to interact with user accounts. One source said the Twitter panel was also used to change ownership of some so-called OG accounts—accounts that have a handle consisting of only one or two characters—as well as facilitating the tweeting of the cryptocurrency scams from the high profile accounts.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Inside job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Sundae posted:

is there a pattern to the accounts affected, i'm seeing some posts (here, nother thread) that it's just famous people and no electected officials, but that post just mentioned AOC,