Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Kalli posted:

I love it when the worst people on earth fight with the worst people on earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siOF8r0tVl4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Bird in a Blender posted:

The funny thing is that the realtor is probably in for an expensive legal bill for his troubles. Trademarks require you to actually use them, so unless this guy is going to start selling merchandise for his made up teams, he's going to get run over in court.

You can file a federal trademark application on an “Intent to Use” basis. You don’t have to actually use it until six months (with one possibly extension) after the USPTO says “sure, that trademark is fine, go nuts”.

...so the realtor is probably only out a few grand right now in filing fees.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

ulmont posted:

You can file a federal trademark application on an “Intent to Use” basis. You don’t have to actually use it until six months (with one possibly extension) after the USPTO says “sure, that trademark is fine, go nuts”.

The question is basically how much is Synder willing to pay to get his preferred name a few months early. If the realtor's pitching for $20 grand, he's probably going to make a modest chunk of money for an hours work. If he's after a million, he's going to discover the fun of being trampled by the legal system and lose his shirt.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah this won’t work for him.

God I loving absolutely can’t stand that human being. A trademark/patent troll + a realtor lol talk about a human leech

yeah but he's loving over dan snyder, so like, a wash at worst

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

ulmont posted:

PTO is right up the street from this guy too, I imagine he had no shortage of people around him knowledgeable about this sort of thing

I absolutely knew Snyder et al were too overconfident and incompetent to engage in any sort of change management around the need for a new name.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

tarbrush posted:

The question is basically how much is Synder willing to pay to get his preferred name a few months early. If the realtor's pitching for $20 grand, he's probably going to make a modest chunk of money for an hours work. If he's after a million, he's going to discover the fun of being trampled by the legal system and lose his shirt.

This is a person so stingy that he sold expired peanuts and year-old beer to his fans.

It's going to be a long legal showdown no matter how much the realtor is asking for.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rodgers is wondering whether we'll have a season lol

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/12/aaron-rodgers-are-we-gonna-have-a-season/

Also holy poo poo the PFT comments are actually good for once and the shitheads are being downvoted heavily except for one comment about the "rioters"

2020 is crazy man.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I have always suspected something weird about PFT comments. They are almost always with correct punctuation and grammar, which is super odd for any comments section. Maybe the text prompt has some advanced autocorrect features

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/WALLACHLEGAL/status/1282690836329832455?s=19

Uh

Is that bad

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Bribing witnesses is generally bad yes.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

He doesn’t need a criminal lawyer, he needs a criminal lawyer.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

So here's what's going on. Dunbar hired a new attorney. That's what the stipulation for substitution of counsel is all about. That's a procedural thing that has to happen when switching attorneys.

The latter half is a discovery request. That's pretty standard as the prosecution is obligated to provide everything they have including exculpatory information.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Mr. Nice! posted:

So here's what's going on. Dunbar hired a new attorney. That's what the stipulation for substitution of counsel is all about. That's a procedural thing that has to happen when switching attorneys.

The latter half is a discovery request. That's pretty standard as the prosecution is obligated to provide everything they have including exculpatory information.

I suppose I should have specified that my "is that bad" was for comedic effect, since it does in fact seem bad that the guy's lawyer was allegedly involved in the bribing of witnesses

IAAL but I suppose the way I phrased that would not indicate as such

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

REPUTABLE ATTORNEY?
NO, BRIBING WITNESSES!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

SKULL.GIF posted:

This is a person so stingy that he sold expired peanuts and year-old beer to his fans.

It's going to be a long legal showdown no matter how much the realtor is asking for.

If Snyder is smart (lol) it's just a calculation of how much you think you'll spend on lawyers to work it through the courts. Once you know that number, you offer the guy like 50% of that and see if he bites.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is Greico a prosecution or a defense lawyer

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Spoeank posted:

REPUTABLE ATTORNEY?
NO, BRIBING WITNESSES!

:golfclap:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Spoeank posted:

REPUTABLE ATTORNEY?
NO, BRIBING WITNESSES!

lol

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Spoeank posted:

REPUTABLE ATTORNEY?
NO, BRIBING WITNESSES!

:bisonyes:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Friendly reminder than in a draft with Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson the Bears opted to instead trade up to draft Mitchell Trubisky.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1282712685893898240?s=20

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a face shield 4 inches from your mouth isn't going to do anything.

e: why does it have ventilation holes.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

SKULL.GIF posted:

a face shield 4 inches from your mouth isn't going to do anything.

e: why does it have ventilation holes.

Based on the sketches it looks like there are supposed to be two layers with holes offset? Still seems about as effective as a sign saying "COVID keep out"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Edit: dammit wrong Russell

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Imagine holding some dudes at gunpoint and then immediately turning around and giving them huge sacks of cash not to snitch on you.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm having a big lol at how the Washington statement talks about wanting to inspire people with their new name and lists sponsors first before fans and community

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Corporations are people, my friend

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

fast cars loose anus posted:

I'm having a big lol at how the Washington statement talks about wanting to inspire people with their new name and lists sponsors first before fans and community

To honor the heroic owners and workers of FedEx™, we are proud to rename ourselves the Washington Postmen

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

The DC [Pony] Express

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
just leak the name already!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

GiP called it, it's going to be the Apaches

quote:

In the July 4 interview, Rivera said he and Snyder had come up with two names that Rivera really liked. He did not reveal the names, but said he wanted to confer with Native American and military organizations to make sure that the new name properly honored both.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
It’s going to be Apaches with the logo being a loving attack helicopter isn’t it

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

sharknado slashfic posted:

GiP called it, it's going to be the Apaches

Maybe they figured out how to name themselves after the Buffalo Soldiers that avoids confusion with the Bills?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vengarr posted:

It’s going to be Apaches with the logo being a loving attack helicopter isn’t it

An anthromorphic sexy apache

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

Maybe they figured out how to name themselves after the Buffalo Soldiers that avoids confusion with the Bills?

bob marley don't get people hype for touchdowns though

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Vengarr posted:

To honor the heroic owners and workers of FedEx™, we are proud to rename ourselves the Washington Postmen

For Fedex you could do the Washington Arrows and do that arrow logo they had a while ago!

But knowing that organization they'll just slap a FEDEX sticker on the side of each helmet and then just circle the FedEx arrow in sharpie.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Wide receiver get in the end zone and there's a slip of paper saying "Sorry we missed you! We will re-attempt delivery in the next 1-3 drives."

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm curious whether he'd bother to get an endorsement/permission from the Apache tribes like the Seminoles

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They are dumb as loving poo poo if they go with yet another Native American themed name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Washington Apaches sounds bad. Like, phonetically