Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benstar
Aug 3, 2008
I was kind of expecting Gebura's last mission to be difficult, but Green Midnights are a massive joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

DropsySufferer posted:

I just barely made it to day 21 thinking the game would end and then.... oh boy there is a whole new level to complete.

This is not an easy game. I need a guide or some hints at this point.

give deets, what are you having trouble with?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
If you find it too much you can always do a day 1 reset. You will keep your mission progress and any gear you have produced which should make things easier.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The main thing to know in the first arc of the game there is to not just end every day the moment you're able. Working abnormalities trains your agents' stats even if you've got all the PE you need. A comfortable place to be around day 21 is when you've got a bunch of rank 4 and maybe a few rank 5 agents; you've got no reason for anyone to be rank 1 for more than a day or rank 2 for more than a couple by now. You're probably earning enough LOB to bump up a bunch of stats to 2 or 3 (except Justice); don't forget you can do that to existing agents during deployment.

And you don't have to rush out the Dusk Ordeal mission just because you can now. It won't unlock anything new until you've done all Tiphereth's missions anyway, and if you're lacking in He or Waw gear, all the abnormalities you get over the few days it takes to do those missions will help you bulk up your dudes to handle one.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

lets hang out posted:

give deets, what are you having trouble with?

Basically I get to a point where the anomalies become too powerful for my team to handle.

I didn’t get the anomalie’s name but it’s a like plant creature with eyes. It can turn a base into a corpse tree forest fast.

My best rank 5 agent can’t survive an interaction with it and it always escapes and kills everyone.

That anomaly really scares me for what’s ahead if I can’t even handle it.

Tenebrais posted:

The main thing to know in the first arc of the game there is to not just end every day the moment you're able. Working abnormalities trains your agents' stats even if you've got all the PE you need. A comfortable place to be around day 21 is when you've got a bunch of rank 4 and maybe a few rank 5 agents; you've got no reason for anyone to be rank 1 for more than a day or rank 2 for more than a couple by now. You're probably earning enough LOB to bump up a bunch of stats to 2 or 3 (except Justice); don't forget you can do that to existing agents during deployment.

And you don't have to rush out the Dusk Ordeal mission just because you can now. It won't unlock anything new until you've done all Tiphereth's missions anyway, and if you're lacking in He or Waw gear, all the abnormalities you get over the few days it takes to do those missions will help you bulk up your dudes to handle one.

I’ve always ended days right away and I have not competed missions. I think I need to start over and do all the missions.

Still the exponential growth in power of the anomalies is worrying.

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

Yeah Mili does some very atmospheric songs for Ruina. If you love the world that Lobotomy Corporation built, Ruina is set in a way that REALLY interacts with it and it's extremely cool. The Invitation you send people shows the characters what happens before people accept an invite, so you get to see what they were doing.

spoiler, Project Moon's universe isnt very happy

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

DropsySufferer posted:

I didn’t get the anomalie’s name but it’s a like plant creature with eyes. It can turn a base into a corpse tree forest fast.

My best rank 5 agent can’t survive an interaction with it and it always escapes and kills everyone.

I think I know the one you're referring to, it's a pain in the butt. Head looks like an apple, right? But yeah, at this point it might be a good idea to reset to day 1 and focus on missions and helping your agents grow.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

If its the head of an apple one. My best advice is to just work repression with your highest level justice agent. If you can't deal with it long term, there's no shame in a day 1 reset. The HE -> WAW jump can be difficult to leap into as they usually want pretty high stats to deal with.

Running With Spoons
Oct 26, 2005
Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot

DropsySufferer posted:

For your first harder anomalies, don't forget to look at the type of damage it does, and equip an armor that resists that type of damage well.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Well dang, I just ran into a really annoying glitch with Binah's Core Meltdown. I had a great attempt going, had managed to get into the 3rd phase without enough employee deaths to cause a breakout.

However, I depleted her health bar just as she was launching one of her pillar attacks and apparently the game didn't like that. The new screen effect happened and I lost the ability to pause, but Binah just sat there frozen. She never applied the new meltdowns or started making multiple pillars. I could tell my employees to attack her and it said that she had 0.8x resists, but no damage numbers appeared and her health bar never decreased.

I ended up having to just restart again after sitting there for a few minutes with no progress.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

OOrochi posted:

Well dang, I just ran into a really annoying glitch with Binah's Core Meltdown. I had a great attempt going, had managed to get into the 3rd phase without enough employee deaths to cause a breakout.

However, I depleted her health bar just as she was launching one of her pillar attacks and apparently the game didn't like that. The new screen effect happened and I lost the ability to pause, but Binah just sat there frozen. She never applied the new meltdowns or started making multiple pillars. I could tell my employees to attack her and it said that she had 0.8x resists, but no damage numbers appeared and her health bar never decreased.

I ended up having to just restart again after sitting there for a few minutes with no progress.

Yeah, Binah can be... really glitchy sometimes, if things happen just right to break her AI.

I still remember the time I lost a run to her activating the 8-pillars-of-doom attack while inside a door transition. The pillars didn't show up so I waited right outside the room for her to leave, but when they fired the hitbox was still there. There was also another time where she got stuck permanently in 0.1 damage mode, stopped spawning meltdowns entirely, and just wandered around firing off attacks as she liked. No idea what caused that one.

Needless to say, both were a wipe!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

whole bunch of newly translated distortion detective chapters got posted https://projectmoon.postype.com/series/491543/the-distortion-detective

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.

TeeQueue posted:

I still remember the time I lost a run to her activating the 8-pillars-of-doom attack while inside a door transition. The pillars didn't show up so I waited right outside the room for her to leave, but when they fired the hitbox was still there. There was also another time where she got stuck permanently in 0.1 damage mode, stopped spawning meltdowns entirely, and just wandered around firing off attacks as she liked. No idea what caused that one.

Needless to say, both were a wipe!

Aw dang, both of those sound terrible.

On the plus side of things, I just beat her!!!

That last phase gets so incredibly hectic it was basically just a panicked rush the whole time. I have the oh-so wonderful combo of the Mountain and Army in Black and her last set of spikes killed enough clerks to trigger both of them. It ended up that I managed to barely get the blue meltdowns twice (I got lucky that they were mostly in the upper levels, and even then one only had 2 seconds left) while I had everyone in the lower two sections dog-pile her before she or the Alephs could kill everyone again.

It really is incredible how much fun these Core Meltdowns are. They make such a great change of pace.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
How does Backwards Clock work and what makes it so good?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

How does Backwards Clock work and what makes it so good?

Backwards Clock has two modes, uncharged and charged. When uncharged, you can send a level 3+ agent to crank it and turn on 1 light. There are four lights which need to be turned on before it is charged. Once it is charged, you can send a level 5 agent into the clock in order to activate the clock once per day.

When activated, Backwards Clock does the following:
-Instantly clears all Meltdowns
-Instantly suppresses all escaped Abnormalities/Ordeals (barring certain ones like Whitenight, Birdzodia, and Midnight Ordeals)
-Removes all Meltdown Overloads from all WAW and ALEPH abnormalities.

It also functions as a dead pick for meltdowns, if the RNG would cause one to spawn on it, it doesn't spawn and it's counted as instantly cleared.

It's very niche, but there's a couple of things in the game which are absolutely worth sacrificing a throwaway rank 5 agent to avoid dealing with.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

TeeQueue posted:

Backwards Clock has two modes, uncharged and charged. When uncharged, you can send a level 3+ agent to crank it and turn on 1 light. There are four lights which need to be turned on before it is charged. Once it is charged, you can send a level 5 agent into the clock in order to activate the clock once per day.

When activated, Backwards Clock does the following:
-Instantly clears all Meltdowns
-Instantly suppresses all escaped Abnormalities/Ordeals (barring certain ones like Whitenight, Birdzodia, and Midnight Ordeals)
-Removes all Meltdown Overloads from all WAW and ALEPH abnormalities.

It also functions as a dead pick for meltdowns, if the RNG would cause one to spawn on it, it doesn't spawn and it's counted as instantly cleared.

It's very niche, but there's a couple of things in the game which are absolutely worth sacrificing a throwaway rank 5 agent to avoid dealing with.

Does that mean you can send a level 2 agent to just spam winding the crank to get all the information?

That does sound useful when you put it like that. I though Level 5 agents would be more valuable but considering how easy relatively it is to train units to level 5, especially later on in the game, I guess it isn’t so bad.

Also I still have 3 agents per department. I dunno if that’s a good thing or not. Should I have more?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

Does that mean you can send a level 2 agent to just spam winding the crank to get all the information?

Also I still have 3 agents per department. I dunno if that’s a good thing or not. Should I have more?

Answers in order:

-Yes! Yes you can. :)

-That depends on your gear, tbh. If you can afford to have more agents per department with the gear you've farmed, there's little reason not to. As you hit mid- and late-game, spreading out your training becomes more and more important. If you're piling all of your work onto people who are already maxed out, you need to be putting it on other people. If almost EVERYONE is maxed out... well, one: good job, and two: definitely add more people.

By endgame it's ideal to have 5 everywhere, but that's mostly for having an insanely powerful deathball for the challenges that the end of the game throws at you.

But honestly, this is a lot of :words: to just say "it's mostly a matter of personal taste."

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
There is always something funny when you get given a mission and the moment the day has begun you have already completed it.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
So, the flying gangbang is the LP's first Aleph? I was kinda hoping for CENSORED or nothing there, tbh.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I very much hope nothing there shows up, it’s the best

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
Finally done with day 49!

Apparently the trick is to not rely on the rabbit team like I did in the Binah suppression.

Ended up the day with 6 employees dead, 1 to clock (skipping the Arbiter last phase), 2 to pause and one got jumped by Red Fixer while I herded my deathball against the White Fixer. The other two probably got killed by the Arbiter while I didn't notice.

Now I just need to get 100% codex and I can move on to LoR.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Congratulations on your victory!

6 deaths is really good for day 49.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
out of curiosity, is it possible to make the campaign unwinnable by beating day 49 with almost everyone dead, and not having enough LOB to put one agent in every department on day 50? like if you cleared 49 with an ALEPH running loose?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

out of curiosity, is it possible to make the campaign unwinnable by beating day 49 with almost everyone dead, and not having enough LOB to put one agent in every department on day 50? like if you cleared 49 with an ALEPH running loose?

It is not. The minimum LOB for clearing day 49 is 21, thanks to a special bonus on this day only. Any day 49 you can walk away from is a win.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

My tactic for the Gebura meltdown, just lose everyone and let Blue Star take care of the rest.

Misanthropic Void fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 15, 2020

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Misanthropic Void posted:

My tactic for the Gebura meltdown, just lose everyone and let Blue Star take care of the rest.

considering the theme of her meltdown, this is actually hilarious on many levels.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

You can effectively have, Blue Star, Shelter of the 27th of March, leave your best agents and gear at home and supress Gebura.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

New patch dropped in Library of Ruina.

Queen of Hatred makes her return, and with it a remix of 2nd warning.

God I can't wait to play it. :allears:

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Honestly, even without the shelter, I don't think there's anything stopping you from just staffing the entire day with complete newbies and just letting everyone die while Blue Star takes care of the problem.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Keldulas posted:

Honestly, even without the shelter, I don't think there's anything stopping you from just staffing the entire day with complete newbies and just letting everyone die while Blue Star takes care of the problem.

What if you value the lives of your employees? :v:

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Fat Samurai posted:

Use less newbies?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Fat Samurai posted:

:cawg:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I value the life of my employees. Of course they only count as employees after multiple stand out performances and have the gifts/gear to take on all but the toughest enemies by themselves.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

TeeQueue posted:

New patch dropped in Library of Ruina.

Queen of Hatred makes her return, and with it a remix of 2nd warning.

God I can't wait to play it. :allears:

Coincidentally I just finished my 100 percent run and QoH was the last abnormality I had to research.

Can't wait to start LoR.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

Keldulas posted:

The shelter is more for easy meltdown of the Blue Star and in case Gebura kills it during her dashes, it can come back out again.

Employees are cheap, but LOB is not.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

New library battles cool cool, but how about those improvements to the battle ui :woop: Also glad to have an excuse to use Brawl again on the limited page from the new story fight

btw be sure to go back and listen to the Carnival with voices, they're surprisingly cute

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

I'm not sure how to use brawl. Like, what's the purpose of a 3 light card that rips the dice from another card. What does it synergise well with?

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
One thing I'm kind of confused about in LoR(although admittedly I haven't spent enough time reading the manual or trying things out) is if you use a three item card against the enemy's 2 (or less) item card, what happens?

Is it 1v1 then 2v2 then 3 goes for free unless evasion carried over from 1 or 2?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Chinely posted:

I'm not sure how to use brawl. Like, what's the purpose of a 3 light card that rips the dice from another card. What does it synergise well with?

Mostly just itself (4 pretty good dice + 1 light), Scratch That (because it bypasses the on use penalty), and to play 4 costs for the price of 3. The new Axe abnormality card boosts it a lot and it has some novel applications with Lies and Happy Memories but relying on a specific abno card to come up just got a lot dicier so :shrug:

It isn't actually so great anymore just because Brawl's own rolls aren't quite as amazing here in chapter 5, but it was really strong when you first got it. It could get super broken when they add more powerful high cost cards.

RoyalScion posted:

One thing I'm kind of confused about in LoR(although admittedly I haven't spent enough time reading the manual or trying things out) is if you use a three item card against the enemy's 2 (or less) item card, what happens?

Is it 1v1 then 2v2 then 3 goes for free unless evasion carried over from 1 or 2?

That's right

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jul 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I'm slowly chugging along this game, just completed 3rd Tiphereth mission, which made available "Core Suppression" missions for almost all Upper Sephirahs and um....... this whole thing got a lot more interesting. :stare: Like I can't say it's much of a twist, considering that the game is telling you they are AI since the beginning, but it's still kinda unnerving to discover just how much is the cognition filter warping your perception of what's going on. Also, you can't fool me Angela! I remembered you still looked like human when the cognition filter malfunctioned back at the beginning, I'm on to your poo poo!

Speaking of "Core Suppression" missions are they something I should be doing as soon as they become available, despite being still on like day 25, or are they end-game stuff? Both gameplay-wise and story-wise.