Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 151 82.51%
No 32 17.49%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/07/13/redskins-change-name-announcement/

quote:

In the July 4 interview, Rivera said he and Snyder had come up with two names that Rivera really liked. He did not reveal the names, but said he wanted to confer with Native American and military organizations to make sure that the new name properly honored both.

Say hello to your new football team- the WASHINGTON LITTLE BIGHORNS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Oh god, it’s going to be the Apaches :gonk:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Icon Of Sin posted:

The tribe or the attack helicopter?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

The tribe or the attack helicopter?

Yes

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

quote:

In the July 4 interview, Rivera said he and Snyder had come up with two names that Rivera really liked. He did not reveal the names, but said he wanted to confer with Native American and military organizations to make sure that the new name properly honored both.

WASHINGTON CUSTERS

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

it should be The Washington Elite but "native american and military organizations," ugggh, it probably will be apaches won't it

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Hey so uh

When did dental extractions become 'just take Advil and salt water rinse' on the painkiller scale?

Also ow.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

BigDave posted:

Hey so uh

When did dental extractions become 'just take Advil and salt water rinse' on the painkiller scale?

Also ow.

Shouldn't you not be feeling anything a day after the extraction? Unless its major surgery like hidden wisdom teeth of course.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

hobbesmaster posted:

Shouldn't you not be feeling anything a day after the extraction? Unless its major surgery like hidden wisdom teeth of course.

Novocaine is still in effect but it's wearing off.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

BigDave posted:

Novocaine is still in effect but it's wearing off.

I did one 4 yrs ago and they gave me the tylenol+codeine. Of course this just led to me vomiting a bunch and that going over the sutures etc wasn't too pleasant so yeah maybe saltwater + advil would have been the better option.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Trump is a fast golfer because he has his caddies reposition his ball in a better position. Speed runs are cake when you use cheat codes.

"Go find the ball, Bobbeh! (Find it someplace good. ;))."

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

gonna be the washington warriors and they won't even bother to change the logo because dan snyder is a piece of poo poo

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Change their name to Washington DOD Budget

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Change their name to Washington DOD Budget

They’ve already got the losing down perfect, now they just need the overinflated budget to go with it :v:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

gonna be the washington warriors and they won't even bother to change the logo because dan snyder is a piece of poo poo

I think I saw somewhere that they are indeed retiring the logo too, so it's not just the name.

https://twitter.com/BA_Friedman/status/1282648932305297414

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Good for merch sales to replace the logo

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

next gen face masks?
https://www.xprize.org/prizes/nextgenmask

$1 million prize sponsored in part by CNBC's Jim Cramer:
https://twitter.com/jimcramer/status/1282722630638997506?s=20

kinda neat!

brains
May 12, 2004

The Onion posted:

WASHINGTON—Following an outpouring of criticism from across the country, the Washington Redskins announced Wednesday that they are officially changing the team’s name to the D.C. Redskins. “We’ve heard the concerns of many people who have been hurt or offended by the team’s previous name, and I’m happy to say we’ve now rectified the situation once and for all,” said franchise owner Dan Snyder, adding that “Washington Redskins” will be replaced with “D.C. Redskins” on all team logos, uniforms, and apparel. “It was a difficult decision—and one that, frankly, I’m a little embarrassed took me so long to make. So hopefully we can now put this issue to bed and start cheering on our D.C. Redskins.” In light of Snyder’s decision, Cleveland Indians owner Larry Dolan told reporters he will change the feather in Chief Wahoo’s headdress from red to a “more appropriate” shade of red.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1281198938465406976?s=19

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Icon Of Sin posted:

Washington jeep grand Cherokees

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

there is literally no such thing as conclusive intelligence

like, as a concept it does not exist

but there sure is a concept for very high probability

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

NBC News posted:

But the debate about that narrow and contested issue distracts from a larger, often-overlooked consensus, current and former military and intelligence officials say.

U.S. intelligence agencies have assessed for years that Vladimir Putin's Russia is supporting America's enemies in Afghanistan with cash and weapons. And President Donald Trump has said nothing publicly about it, even as he has pursued warmer relations with Putin and Russia, including ordering his intelligence agencies to cooperate with Russia in the Middle East.
So. . . Trump is still a piece of poo poo that is mum while Putin works against us.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/alanfeuer/status/1282729621822332929

This reminds me of people putting money in their freezer to hide it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1282683702804221954

Please please please

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Please please please

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

BigDave posted:

Hey so uh

Also ow.

I only had 2 wisdom teeth and got like maximum strength advil or something. This was 2007/08.

Honestly, I didn't feel a thing and put together a new custom PC afterwards.

I will, however, never forget the sounds and effort of the extraction. Yikes.

Edit: gently caress yeah, go Duckworth! She's been a great, if at times boilerplate, representative for my state.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Please please please

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Thwomp posted:

I only had 2 wisdom teeth and got like maximum strength advil or something. This was 2007/08.

Honestly, I didn't feel a thing and put together a new custom PC afterwards.

I will, however, never forget the sounds and effort of the extraction. Yikes.

*Cracking noises*

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/alanfeuer/status/1282729621822332929

This reminds me of people putting money in their freezer to hide it.

That can work but you'd have to wrap it up pretty tightly and have no holes a cm or larger (shortest wavelength used in cellphones is around 3.5ghz which is roughly 10cm, 1/10th wavelength is a rule of thumb for faraday cages). Theres EMI/RFI shield bags you can get for packaging stuff that'd work, usually used for aviation/military circuit boards. A normal antistatic bag won't work because they'll have just enough metal in them for very low frequency dissipation of charge.

Incidentally a freezer should work pretty well for preventing communications to a cellphone, though it depends on the seals.

I have now exhausted all knowledge I have of electromagnetic compatibility, gently caress that class forever.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
why won't the bleeding stop

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Did you pay the $300 coagulation fee?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

BigDave posted:

Hey so uh

Also ow.

That's all I've ever gotten except the one time Dr. China TinyHands had to consult on grinding off part of my mandible and shamed my regular dentist into cutting me 30 10/375 vicodins. It took a week to get the prescription filled and when I finally tried one, t+10 minutes was the first time my face hurt all week, t+15 was the least I'd ever cared about my face hurting, and t+30 was "wow I want more of these"

They gave you the giant horse advil right? If you're not taking at least 600mg at a time you're doing it wrong.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

shame on an IGA posted:

That's all I've ever gotten except the one time Dr. China TinyHands had to consult on grinding off part of my mandible and shamed my regular dentist into cutting me 30 10/375 vicodins. It took a week to get the prescription filled and when I finally tried one, t+10 minutes was the first time my face hurt all week, t+15 was the least I'd ever cared about my face hurting, and t+30 was "wow I want more of these"

They gave you the giant horse advil right? If you're not taking at least 600mg at a time you're doing it wrong.

They gave me gauze, im taking 3 of my own Motrin every 4 hours.

:nws:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

BigDave posted:

They gave me gauze, im taking 3 of my own Motrin every 4 hours.

Props, bro.

It's going to suck for a few days, but not painkiller levels of suck.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

BigDave posted:

why won't the bleeding stop

We have not yet sacrificed enough of our children at the Altar of Trump.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Good news, the bleeding stopped!

Bad news, it's still swollen and painful.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The VA pulled my wisdoms and a few others a few months ago. Awake. Numbing agents only. In under 90 minutes. Ibuprofen and excedrin only after.

It sucked, but I wouldn't take the painkillers even if they prescribed them. Which they didn't, because I have a long history of refusing opiates from the VA and my record probably reflects it. That and admitted weed smoking for just as long. So probably a generic substance abuse label.

Don't let depression eat your teeth.

I guess I got lucky with my wisdom teeth, both my top ones were pulled while I was awake and I didn't even feel it afterwards. The last one was so easy I got out of the chair and followed the dentist saying "hey, come back, you aren't done." She even let me keep the tooth. Coolest dentist ever.

Also don't shout Candy Bar after the dentist does their work, shockingly few of mine ever got the joke.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

As Nero Danced posted:

I guess I got lucky with my wisdom teeth, both my top ones were pulled while I was awake and I didn't even feel it afterwards. The last one was so easy I got out of the chair and followed the dentist saying "hey, come back, you aren't done." She even let me keep the tooth. Coolest dentist ever.

Also don't shout Candy Bar after the dentist does their work, shockingly few of mine ever got the joke.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. It wasn't pleasant, but it wasn't a big deal. I actually ate a pizza later that night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's overall just not a pleasant experience to be awake throughout. When the day comes to swap my Southern smile for falsies, I want to be out cold for remaining pulls and drilling for anchors.

gently caress being awake for all that noise.