Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

If you still play this game friend me up. I’ve had a spectate and challenge quest sitting around for over a week because no one else on my friends list still plays this game.

dnk#1107

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Elysium posted:

Ahahaha, gently caress this dude who had a perfect game going into the final 2 with me. He had a parrot beast board with Baron, and hit me decently the first matchup.

1 Zapp and 1 round later:

Were you level 6? This is the first 40-0 I've seen if so.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Aaod posted:

I strongly suspect the amount of priests are going to explode because right now I am still fighting 19%+ priests and have teched in two silences to handle it.

DH is degenerate as hell, but it was the only thing keeping several decks honest.

This was my view a few pages ago too - DH is a stupid thing that never should have happened, but now if it sinks, it’s the only thing stopping a tide of dawdling Control Priests who all do basically gently caress all until 10 mana, then play the game in the last 10 cards.

Beating one is miserable, losing to one is torture. Oh, and it might highroll you to nothingness if they get a second (or God forbid, a third) Soul Mirror off Galakrond.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

No Wave posted:

Were you level 6? This is the first 40-0 I've seen if so.

Yeah I did exact lethal, didn’t quite get the screenshot timing down. I can only imagine his reaction.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Elysium posted:

Yeah I did exact lethal, didn’t quite get the screenshot timing down. I can only imagine his reaction.
He thought he was going to get a perfect game. Ha ha ha haha

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.
https://twitter.com/playhearthstone/status/1282721492749496320?s=21
:raise:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

*prepares spell mage deck, and readies for another Druid ramp card*

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
If DH is dead, and the Warriors are scared of Priest, you know what that means...

Totem Shaman is BACK, baby!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Spell mage has been my main deck this expansion, I will be overjoyed if it gets boosted.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

skaboomizzy posted:

Spell mage has been my main deck this expansion, I will be overjoyed if it gets boosted.

I could feasibly see them getting a card that basically goes “discover and summon a legendary minion; if your deck has no minions, summon all three instead”, or something along those lines.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Guess we're into spoilers now.

Apparently there was a Gnome Mage Hero leaked few months back, that finally got some official art from a recently leaked Chinese Battlegrounds logo:

Supposedly she's tied to the new set/adventure, so a not-Hogwarts set? I'm rusty on my WoW lore, where else fits that bill that isn't Dalaran? Unless it's a Dalaran after last year's events type thing.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

The only other notable organization of Mages that would plausibly have a gnome would be the court wizards of Stormwind, off the top of my head... though there’s barely anything about them beyond “one of them was Medivh’s father”.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Dalaran East

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

if they intend to tie in to relatively recent wow content maybe it's that gnome exploring mechagon

but I figure even odds it's a new setting/thing they made up for hearthstone

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Is anything on the horizon to address the fun and interaction of spell/ramp druid? Is it just me that finds playing against this deck not enjoyable to face?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

They will nerf fungal fortunes to 3 mana, so there's that.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Chernabog posted:

They will nerf fungal fortunes to 3 mana, so there's that.

I'm no expert (Plat 1 is as high as I've gotten) but I don't see how that changes much. Overgrowth is four, and Glowfly Swarm is 5. So moving it from 2 to 3 just means I cast it with basically the same effect a turn later. I dunno, like I said I'm no expert but this doesn't seem to be a significant change.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Mayveena posted:

I'm no expert (Plat 1 is as high as I've gotten) but I don't see how that changes much. Overgrowth is four, and Glowfly Swarm is 5. So moving it from 2 to 3 just means I cast it with basically the same effect a turn later. I dunno, like I said I'm no expert but this doesn't seem to be a significant change.

In the later turns it won’t mean a ton but it’s much worse for digging up Breath of Dreams/Wild Growth in a timely manner. It makes the deck a little less consistent without completely crippling it.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Mayveena posted:

Fungal on Turn 2 is strong, but isn't the only use of the card. Being able to do Ysera + innervate + Fungal is a key play in some matchups, as well as playing it with Mountseller on 9 gold.

This change also likely kills the Wild Growth builds of the deck, and will push the builds towards Breath of Dreams + Dragons.

Already in Masters Qualifiers there are some builds that cut Glowfly Swarm anyways, just focusing on getting Mountseller/Dragons up and running, a really good deck when aiming to beat Warrior via banning DH.

So overall, yea Druid is strong mainly because of the meta around it, not the cards in it. If the meta is slow enough and DH finally is brought down, expect more Druid in whatever form.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Thanks for the explanation, I was only looking at opening plays. (Which is probably one reason why I can't quite make it to Diamond, not enough awareness!!).

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Guess we're into spoilers now.

Apparently there was a Gnome Mage Hero leaked few months back, that finally got some official art from a recently leaked Chinese Battlegrounds logo:

Supposedly she's tied to the new set/adventure, so a not-Hogwarts set? I'm rusty on my WoW lore, where else fits that bill that isn't Dalaran? Unless it's a Dalaran after last year's events type thing.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Nar%27thalas_Academy is my guess if it's not Dalaran/Karazhan again

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

skaboomizzy posted:

It will naturally get stronger over the next 8 months. Err, 5 months at least.

I don't think it's likely they will print an entire set without any playable Mage spells, let alone two sets, and there only needs to be 1-2 upgrades over the weakest links in the current list to make it Tier 1.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Scholomance is a school for magic.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

Scholomance is a school for magic.

It was always a school of necromancy, though, which kind of clashes with the leaked promo image.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Mad it's not ethereals.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
Did some streamer play a Dragon Hunter that utilizes Scavenger's ingenuity, Scrapshot, Ramkahen Wildtamer and King Krush with Leoroxx? I just went up against it twice and they both got Leorexx by turn 10 and BMed me before killing me. It was serious deja vu.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There have been a couple of leaks and looks like it is indeed a Scholomance themed set, with Kel’thuzad as the pre-order hero/cardback. There will also be a free epic from the expansion for everyone prior to release(Like Kael’thas, Volcanosaur, ect,).

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Italian leak gave out the set logo, which is called "Academy of Scholomance"

With Headmaster Kel'thuzad :getin:

If there's no Yu-Gi-Oh GX references Blizzard, for shame :colbert:

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Wild Odd Face Demon Hunter is the most busted goddamn thing I've ever played. I normally hover around high Gold and have shot the gently caress up to Diamond 5

Demon Hunter was a mistake

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Froghammer posted:

Wild Odd Face Demon Hunter is the most busted goddamn thing I've ever played. I normally hover around high Gold and have shot the gently caress up to Diamond 5

Demon Hunter was a mistake

It’s also probably about to die because of the Warglaives nerf. :v:

Or be heavily retooled, at least.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Embiggen is fun right now, because you get to run Priest out of removal tools, and still survive vs aggro.

It's probably not great, but it feels at least reasonable vs most things.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Regalingualius posted:

It’s also probably about to die because of the Warglaives nerf. :v:

Or be heavily retooled, at least.
gently caress Warglaives, run Leroy, double Consume Magic and double Crimson Sigil Runner. They should be dead by turn 6 anyway.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

holy poo poo the (leaked?) Battlegrounds 17.6 changes :aaaaa:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

AnacondaHL posted:

holy poo poo the (leaked?) Battlegrounds 17.6 changes :aaaaa:

in case anyone cbfed going to reddit, I found this

I'm stoked if they're real bc bury hooktusk like the trash they are imo

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Bran looks crazy. And Mukla seems really crazy. I want to believe but I'm only 40% convinced.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Isn’t Mukla basically just +1/+1 for 1 mana? That doesn’t seem amazing to me.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Mukla's not power level crazy, it's just a very unique/wacky mechanic.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Actually Mukla might be better than I thought because the other players can't use their bananas until the next turn, so you're always ahead.

Assuming you use it every turn it'd go like this:
Turn 1: You get +2/+2, other players get 0
Turn 2: You get +4/+4, other players get +1/+1
Turn 3: You get +6/+6, other players get +2/+2
and so on
That's not bad.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Do the bananas (or the bananas of the original) cost 0 gold? I never played with the original before Mukla was removed, but if so the hero looks solid.

Eudora will still be Tier S, and I think Tess is nuts enough to join that tier. Like Tess is basically everything Rafaam and Murozand want to be.

Hopefully Aranna feels better to play.

Hooktusk era is dead, thank goodness.

Re-vamped Brann at least looks interesting, there are some interesting token plays you can do staying on Tier 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I don't really play BGs but could you use Brann to get all the pogohoppers that exist? would that be good?