Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
Yeah I was wondering about that if it shifted to SS CDR enchant. Guessing by your comment it has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

It is harder to get, and it's worth keeping up if you can. You're using a lot of rares so it shouldn't be too hard to get some on a few slots that also have life and good other res at this point in crafting league. That said, and especially for izaro, I'd focus on ehp, damage output, and getting your block up over chaos res. If it's dead it can't kill ya, and life works for all damage rather than just chaos stuff.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Chaos stuff is mostly tuned to assume folks have very little resistance to it. So if you get it high, you can ignore non telegraphed chaos attacks, and tank some big hits. But it’s not super common outside Alva

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Can anyone familiar with BL mines see why this is not melting mobs now?

https://pastebin.com/YJbgwgc8

The build I am following is from a video from a russian guide site and I liked it because it had different builds to following depending on which items you have. (https://guides.lootkeeper.com/poe/cepnaya-molniya-ark-miny and using Chrome translation but the video has full english translation)

Ignore the reduced mana reserve because my Enlightens are not lvl 3 yet.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

patch later this week, storage tanks going up to 1k capacity and they are adding a new 5k tank

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
Just beat Sirus for the first time ever! This is the most I've played a league since Betrayal. I want to get my last set of watchstones on this character before I retire them and melt the gear into a golemancer.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Awesome! posted:

patch later this week, storage tanks going up to 1k capacity and they are adding a new 5k tank

Glad they agree with that feedback. Looking forward to decluttering half my garden

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pokchu posted:

It really cannot be said enough how awful GGG has become at doing their jobs well with the 3 month dev cycle

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/2na52EpFk

The "change 1 resistance to another" harvest craft isn't checking to see whether the destination resistance already exists lol

said by someone who has no idea how coding jobs work lmao

have you asked for their manager?

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Miss Broccoli posted:

said by someone who has no idea how coding jobs work lmao

have you asked for their manager?

bzzzt wrongo

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a bug in a big, complex, 8+ year old codebase: put em in the trASH

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

you really thought you had something there lmao. it's not an 8 year old bug, it's a simple check on a new feature that was missed.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
also "the manager" is currently too busy consoling all of the Literally Crying devs who read mean posts on reddit to take my calls, according to his posts

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
It's not like it's even the only bug in harvest. I'm sure you all have seen the stacks of 0 GCPs

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Arrhythmia posted:

It's not like it's even the only bug in harvest. I'm sure you all have seen the stacks of 0 GCPs

Pfft, what's wrong with storing the quantity of a discrete item as a decimal, I ask you?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

pokchu posted:

also "the manager" is currently too busy consoling all of the Literally Crying devs who read mean posts on reddit to take my calls, according to his posts

Also they are busy making sure the entire staff gets the first two weeks of the league off for holiday.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Sinteres posted:

Here's my pastebin:

https://pastebin.com/Y9jtee8v

I bought the wand and shield pretty recently, so I'm hoping they're decent at least. I know I need to add a movement skill, so I'll slap flame dash into an unsocketed ring (and I guess stone golem into another) before I try again. I've been spamming enduring cry to basically walk through traps a lot of the time, and I do pretty well for the most part except when I get flustered and miss the path or something. I don't think I died on any trials, but the pressure of the labs gets to me after a while. As for Argus's room, yeah that was just lack of knowledge. I beat him the time when I came closest to clearing the lab, but I was never really deliberately seeking him out so much as blindly walking through the labyrinth and dealing with whatever I ran into.

No, definitely get a movement skill. The trap portions will almost feel like cheating.

One thing I don't see people mentioning often is Charged Dash -- it was certainly a skill I'd forgotten had existed. You can potentially skip entire lever gauntlet sections. Here's one example of Charged Dash completely curving around corners: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUe-MJbB5RU&t=228s

e: also

pork never goes bad posted:

They're consistently biting off more than they can chew, in part because they get excoriated if they put out a small league or if they put out a big one with more bugs, and I'm guessing they have some kinda data suggesting more revenue from the bigger ones even if buggy. They've definitely painted themselves into a corner and the community and playerbase aren't making it easy for them to course correct.

:laffo:

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 14, 2020

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Vulpes posted:

Pfft, what's wrong with storing the quantity of a discrete item as a decimal, I ask you?

sqrt(7) gcps

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Cinara posted:

+1 VD actually isn't used for the build in most cases unless you're doing VD only, which is a lot less common than VD+DD.

Seems like it's in demand though: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/WyD5mcm

it's the 4th most valuable hat enchant according to poe.ninja

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Spooder boots finished, they took a lot longer to make than I expected.

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's like this is literally the only program any of y'all have ever interacted with

have none of you used a microsoft product before?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I don't think "GGG's aggressive release schedule has lead to buggy, unfinished leagues with a mountain of technical debt" is really a controversial take.

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah but The DEVS are TRULY AWFUL is some Excuse Me I asked for my coffee to be 68c and it only feels like 65 i wannt it remade level poo poo

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Miss Broccoli posted:

yeah but The DEVS are TRULY AWFUL is some Excuse Me I asked for my coffee to be 68c and it only feels like 65 i wannt it remade level poo poo

I think you're reading a lot of hostility into pok's post that isn't there and bringing in a lot of hostility with your response that isn't warranted.

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
maybe

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Reminder that there was also a hiccup what with covid changing how they work and I don't know if they are back at the office yet or still working from home.

On another note, what type of character would pair well with a friends cycloner that wouldn't get him killed from visual clutter like DD/VD?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

an aura bot?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
So I have my betrayal board like I want it now (2 good ones each in Research and Intervention, all the other trash people in the others).

Now I never, ever run Fort or Transport, correct?

Also, both R & I both came up at the same time. Should I only run one of them, wait until whoever got removed is back in place, before popping the other?

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
personally im most upset that the most difficult challenge in the league is a 5 essence monster

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

There are some issues with this game but I honestly don't give a poo poo if a few of the random league mechanics are a little buggy or imperfectly implemented. The only thing I really get worked up about is outright performance issues that make the game itself hard to play, and those aren't too common. Mechanic bloat is definitely a thing but it's not really detracting from My Gaming Pleasure in any meaningful way. I just don't do the content I don't care for and focus on the parts I do. They've made that pretty easy judging by my depth 0 delve chart and the 80 unused einhar and alva missions sitting on my map device.

edit: I'm still going in circles over what kind of build to do next. Has anyone tried Asenath's Chant before? It has a .3 second cooldown for 100% chance to trigger a spell with a bow attack which can actually yield some nice dps on a 4link.

search engine fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 14, 2020

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Miss Broccoli posted:

free game no bitchin

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

free game no bitchin

Brother have you seen how much I've spent on tabs

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

No I haven't?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Devor posted:

Brother have you seen how much I've spent on tabs

tell me about it, wish i could convert all these no named ones 4 at a time to a quad tab. :(

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

qnqnx posted:

No I haven't?

Harvest craft. Put in a gem with quality, get out a proportionate number of gcp. Except if you put in a gem with 1% qual, you get a stack of 0 gcp.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

EVIL Gibson posted:

Can anyone familiar with BL mines see why this is not melting mobs now?

https://pastebin.com/YJbgwgc8

The build I am following is from a video from a russian guide site and I liked it because it had different builds to following depending on which items you have. (https://guides.lootkeeper.com/poe/cepnaya-molniya-ark-miny and using Chrome translation but the video has full english translation)

Ignore the reduced mana reserve because my Enlightens are not lvl 3 yet.

This itemization is kinda weird, you're not low life so you're not getting the low life damage bonus, running Blastchain Mine AND Minefield is also kinda weird, I'd use High-Impact/Blastchain and Trap and Mine Damage instead on your 5L. Your wand is kinda meh. Tree looks fine tho, it's better than mine, I need to respec into the upper side of the tree.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What are some good uses for the “add a random influence to a weapon” craft? Or the “synthesize a thing” one?

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

search engine posted:

There are some issues with this game but I honestly don't give a poo poo if a few of the random league mechanics are a little buggy or imperfectly implemented. The only thing I really get worked up about is outright performance issues that make the game itself hard to play, and those aren't too common. Mechanic bloat is definitely a thing but it's not really detracting from My Gaming Pleasure in any meaningful way. I just don't do the content I don't care for and focus on the parts I do. They've made that pretty easy judging by my depth 0 delve chart and the 80 unused einhar and alva missions sitting on my map device.

This is quite literally my opinion every league.
Except that I always do Einhar. :)

search engine posted:

So long as I've got another project underway or a maxed out character I can relax and farm with I don't sweat deaths much. Usually just spurs me to work on something more interesting.

Yeah, I always (always) have multiple characters going. I enjoy the levelling on HC and trying out different things. As long as I don't end up without a map-ready character, I am generally fine with rips. The thought-process behind "let's run these mods anyway" is usually an indication that I don't really know what to do with the character anymore. It made me roll the Gladiator we talked about, that is going well. Next to that I still have an 86 EQ Jugg that just performs solidly and a pretty well-geared Scourge Arrow PF that I intend to push. Got a nice crafting project lined up, as I hit a quiver with triple T1; Chaos Multi, +max Chaos Res, Chaos Res. Need to figure that one out.

edit: Forgot about some 75'ish Saboteur, but Mines make me go sleepy.

quote:

I killed my tricked out spare-no-expense vortex occultist yesterday by panicking about a Sirus die beam that I could've easily survived and flame dashing into the middle of a storm which I did not survive at all. Didn't bother me much since the build was nothing fundamentally new, just really strong because of the level of investment, harvest gear, and cluster jewels. Now that the economy has leveled off and most everything is cheap I'm going to try to make my dumb consecrated path + shockwave idea work.

Ahh, too bad. You lost the wand I presume? That thing was really, really nice.
I have issues getting my currency going. I might be very unlucky, but it's been a dry season so far. I started delving a bit and that's actually been the most profitable so far (4 slot resonator selling for 50c). It's not the worst, as I generally only trade for bases, problem-fixing rares and build enabling uniques.

Acht fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jul 14, 2020

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

What are some good uses for the “add a random influence to a weapon” craft? Or the “synthesize a thing” one?

you can use it to make good bleed bows. if you craft a bow with 2 good phys prefixes and all suffixes full, you have a 1/3 chance of hitting the 60% chance of 100% more bleed damage prefix. if that works, you can scour suffixes and multimod attack speed/quality and something else good.

vvv: oh. there are some single influenced item bases that are worth over 5ex. trying to make one of those seems ideal.

Social Media fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jul 14, 2020

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Social Media posted:

you can use it to make good bleed bows. if you craft a bow with 2 good phys prefixes and all suffixes full, you have a 1/3 chance of hitting the 60% chance of 100% more bleed damage prefix. if that works, you can scour suffixes and multimod attack speed/quality and something else good.

That's for add an influence mod to an item, which is different than add influence to an item. Something I discovered when I didn't get challenge credit just now. >:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
If you have an elder weapon with 2 good prefixes it's better to benchcraft "cannot roll attack modifiers" and augment an attack modifier for a 50/50 chance to get the bleed mod because GGG put in separate layers of tags for affixes for some reason.