Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCfpGjop0Pj/?igshid=ls40yu6okp9j

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
So their choice is either United Russia, whose entire platform is "make Putin the quasi-tzar and shut up", or Liberal Democratic Party of Russia which seems to be "The NDSAP with Russian Characteristics?" Yikes

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Scratch Monkey posted:

So their choice is either United Russia, whose entire platform is "make Putin the quasi-tzar and shut up", or Liberal Democratic Party of Russia which seems to be "The NDSAP with Russian Characteristics?" Yikes
ftfy

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

hey guys, does this thread cover the balkans? i'm trying to find some posts about what's happening right now but idk if i'm in the right place.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

gh0stpinballa posted:

hey guys, does this thread cover the balkans? i'm trying to find some posts about what's happening right now but idk if i'm in the right place.

yes this is a balkans safe space.

check your rifles in at the republika srpska

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Scratch Monkey posted:

If it was an amazing alternative it wouldn't be allowed to exist. A lot of dictatorships keep some harmless pet clowns around to win rigged elections against.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
So what you're saying is that the Liberal Democratic Party of Russia is the Washington Generals to Putin's Globetrotters?

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Scratch Monkey posted:

So what you're saying is that the Liberal Democratic Party of Russia is the Washington Generals to Putin's Globetrotters?

or the democrats to the republicans, tbf

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

"LDPR are my opposition" by Putin, 2020, colorized

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
hey remember that thing about the governor from last page?

https://twitter.com/alburov/status/1281850284990509056

https://twitter.com/brewerov/status/1281844213001453568

https://twitter.com/LeoGor/status/1281886901692256274

khabarovsk is getting * ~ spicy ~ * :coolzone:

Qtotonibudinibudet fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 11, 2020

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Scratch Monkey posted:

I mean it's not fair for me to call all Russian opposition clowns, honestly. There are some who are undoubtedly legit and competent - but they are regionally popular at best and thus harmless. If they start getting too big for their britches they tend to quickly end up in prison, disqualified from elections, or accidentally fall out of windows.

But yeah, so long as Putin wants to pretend they're a democracy (which may not be the case for much longer, tbh) he's gonna keep some visible but controlled and ineffectual opposition around to win fixed elections against.

gh0stpinballa posted:

or the democrats to the republicans, tbf

No, not like that at all. US Democrats and Republicans have many overall similar interests resulting in lots of convergent policies (usually boiling down to self-enrichment), but as parties go they are both actual real parties who get their politicians elected at the expense of the other party all the way up to and including frequent trading of POTUS and house/senate majorities. It's still a two party system even if both parties are pandering to monied interests.

You don't see anything like that dynamic in Russia (aside from the pandering to monied interests, of course) - the big party preserves direct and unchallenged control.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 12, 2020

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Scratch Monkey posted:

As are CPRF and whatever parties are allowed to exist - controlled opposition to defuse various parts of political spectrum. The generally agree with the course of the ruling party (just look at the voting of any improtant law in Duma) but may speak out on secondary issues and on regional level - until it gets uncomfortable for the oversight. Still, it as a chance for ambitious people to join those parties to carve out an independent opposition career - like Evgenii Roizman in Ekaterinburg who used the access of A Just Russia and Prokhorov's Civic Platform (while it existed).

LDPR denied any participation in the Khabarovsk protests despite the initial bravado of Zhirinovsky - and Khabarovsk doesnt seem to care; people dont care about the party, which missed coherent ideology for the last 20 years.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

gh0stpinballa posted:

You could try, I don't know, maybe browsing a few previous pages...

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016
Second round of presidential voting in Poland. Did my part. Didn't feel so resigned in a vote since casting an invalid vote a couple years back.

Just.. gently caress

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

It wouldn't be EE thread without bleakness and lack of choice in your future.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

alex314 posted:

Eastern Europe: It wouldn't be a thread without bleakness and lack of choice in your future.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Eastern Europe: It wouldn't be a thread without bleakness and lack of choice in your future

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I spilled my PiS

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

how accurate are exit polls in poland typically?

szary
Mar 12, 2014
The margin of error is 2 percent

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I don't recall vote that close in recent Polish history. And almost 70% attendance, nice.

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
Goddamn it Poland, don't go further down the Hungary road.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1282394355047817216

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Russian Empire, not even once

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
duba got it

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Welp time for more hemorraging sanctions from the EU.
Poland should be split in half.

Shut up and JAM!
Sep 3, 2011
was dissolving prussia a mistake ?

Shut up and JAM! fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jul 13, 2020

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF2W8jT_FqU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Shut up and JAM! posted:

was dissolving prussia a mistake ?

No.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

So, is this basically a population density map of Poland? :v:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Xarn posted:

So, is this basically a population density map of Poland? :v:
No, allegedly it mostly reflects more developed part formerly occupied by Prussia and less developed part occupied by Russia/Austria (aka Poland A and Poland B)

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
I gotta say the pisheads are probably pretty sweaty about how close that race was given how much effort they invested into it.

nego
May 28, 2020

Osmosisch posted:

I gotta say the pisheads are probably pretty sweaty about how close that race was given how much effort they invested into it.

I don't think anyone expected this kind of turnout. I would count it as a positive if not for the additional venom all the added attention seems to have contributed to political discourse in the country.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Putin and the FSB Bombed the apartments in Moscow to get Putin re-elected.

An FSB agent lead terrorists into the opera house then went on to brag about his part in the operation trying to get into other chechnyan crime gangs.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Putin and the FSB Bombed the apartments in Moscow to get Putin re-elected.

An FSB agent lead terrorists into the opera house then went on to brag about his part in the operation trying to get into other chechnyan crime gangs.

I mean, facts of whatever actually happened in either aside, are events that happened in Russia two decades ago particularly relevant atm? PiS are fuckers as always, but there's no terrorism scare involved in these elections that I'm aware of, or anything currently going on in Russia that the apartment bombings or Dubrovka siege are tied to.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

I mean, facts of whatever actually happened in either aside, are events that happened in Russia two decades ago particularly relevant atm? PiS are fuckers as always, but there's no terrorism scare involved in these elections that I'm aware of, or anything currently going on in Russia that the apartment bombings or Dubrovka siege are tied to.

Putin's in power indefinitely and the apartment bombings were the seeds that sowed the rise of United Russia. What is relevant is the Russian assassinations on British soil. Which are continuing to happen and be allowed to happen due to British investments in Russia.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

If only these events were the only ones.
Also all the propaganda that Putin the great™ did it all himself, ended terrorism beat USA EU any other country and so on so on so on.
Good thing happened = thanks mr. pu, bad thing happened = 'obama bad, gently caress usa, americans did it!'

Information wars and propaganda suck

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016
"Why didn't that filthy, worthless mob of bigoted, primitive pesants vote for my smart, pretty, modern candidate who had nothing to offer them?"

-the entirety of Polish libright at the moment

Honestly, at that point it makes me kind of glad their candidate lost.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

RedSnapper posted:

"Why didn't that filthy, worthless mob of bigoted, primitive pesants vote for my smart, pretty, modern candidate who had nothing to offer them?"

-the entirety of Polish libright at the moment

Honestly, at that point it makes me kind of glad their candidate lost.

Yeah it's lovely to see 'leftists' spew this vitriol because a neolib lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
As much as I like making GBS threads on neolibs 5 more years of Duda gives Kaczyński free reign basically. That's the main issue here.