Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dip Viscous

cda posted:

dressing up like a crowded theater and telling people to yell fire in me

i remembered this post while in the shower a few minutes ago and was laughing too hard to operate a bar of soap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please

forums poster

getting HOTK NIFE knuc tats

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

cda

by Hand Knit

Dip Viscous posted:

i remembered this post while in the shower a few minutes ago and was laughing too hard to operate a bar of soap

:cheers:

google THIS

Unconventional COVID PSA's

Helping people remember to wear a face covering by ripping nasty farts everywhere I go

Jaguars!

Communist Apparatchik Steve Jobs

Finger Prince

You're a company auditor, doing a routine internal audit, making sure whichever department you're auditing today has been minding its Ps and Q's. You ask for a random employee to interview to make sure they know about the various policies that govern their work, know how to file a safety report, that kind of thing.
The employee looks kind of nervous, so you figure you'd lighten the mood with a little movie reference.
"Reaction time is a factor in this, so please pay attention. Now, answer as quickly as you can." you say
"sure", they reply.
Oh this might be fun!
"One-one-eight-seven at Unterwasser", you proceed. Whereupon follows a complete reenactment of the whole Leon Voight-Kampf test scene between the two of you. Right up until the end, where you ask him, in single terms, only the good things that come to mind about his mother. And he says "my mother? Let me tell you about my mother", pulls out an actual gun and shoots you dead, right there, and the final thought that passes through your mind is "that was the most awesome thing that has ever happened to me!", and you die with a smile on your face.

Abugadu

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I had the opportunity to conduct a p much meaningless interview with a good friend - it was for an internal government promotion in which no other candidates were being considered, but for EEOC purposes we had to conduct it anyway and read off the standardized question sheet - 'where do you see yourself in 5 years', 'do you have transportation', blah blah. The two other interviewers along with me were in their 60's-70's, nearing retirement and not giving two shits about the interviews we had to do, as we knew none of them mattered, all you had to do was basically not be homicidal and you'd pass and get your raise.

Before my friend comes in the room, I tell them that I know we're supposed to read off the question sheet, but I had one question I wanted to start with that wasn't quite standardized, and shouldn't be considered as part of the interview. They gave me a quizzical look, but shrugged and went back to re-reading Prince Valiant comic strips in their heads or whatever.

My friend comes in, suit and tie, wonderfully confident, sits across from us, we exchange pleasantries like we're professionals. We're ready to begin. I had studied the video clip a few dozen times to make sure I got everything exact - the movements, the intonation, the cadence - so it was a very proud moment for me to be able to lean in slightly, my hands in a lowered power position, and start with: 'What would you say.... ya do here?' followed by the open handed gesture, mouth opening, and eyebrow raise.

Now he's a movie quote fiend, and I could tell he was having a fierce internal debate for a few seconds as to whether he should let loose or to play it safe, all while trying not to laugh, the uncaring deadpan faces of my co-interviewers only adding to the absurdity. He has to take a bit of a deep breath before giving a safe answer regarding his job description, but it threw him off for the remainder of the interview, as that was the only question that I asked, letting the other interviewers do the boring questions while I stared him down intensely the entire time. To his credit, he kept a straight face through it all, just giving me a soft 'you son of a bitch' as I held the door open for his exit.

Finger Prince

Abugadu posted:

I had the opportunity to conduct a p much meaningless interview with a good friend - it was for an internal government promotion in which no other candidates were being considered, but for EEOC purposes we had to conduct it anyway and read off the standardized question sheet - 'where do you see yourself in 5 years', 'do you have transportation', blah blah. The two other interviewers along with me were in their 60's-70's, nearing retirement and not giving two shits about the interviews we had to do, as we knew none of them mattered, all you had to do was basically not be homicidal and you'd pass and get your raise.

Before my friend comes in the room, I tell them that I know we're supposed to read off the question sheet, but I had one question I wanted to start with that wasn't quite standardized, and shouldn't be considered as part of the interview. They gave me a quizzical look, but shrugged and went back to re-reading Prince Valiant comic strips in their heads or whatever.

My friend comes in, suit and tie, wonderfully confident, sits across from us, we exchange pleasantries like we're professionals. We're ready to begin. I had studied the video clip a few dozen times to make sure I got everything exact - the movements, the intonation, the cadence - so it was a very proud moment for me to be able to lean in slightly, my hands in a lowered power position, and start with: 'What would you say.... ya do here?' followed by the open handed gesture, mouth opening, and eyebrow raise.

Now he's a movie quote fiend, and I could tell he was having a fierce internal debate for a few seconds as to whether he should let loose or to play it safe, all while trying not to laugh, the uncaring deadpan faces of my co-interviewers only adding to the absurdity. He has to take a bit of a deep breath before giving a safe answer regarding his job description, but it threw him off for the remainder of the interview, as that was the only question that I asked, letting the other interviewers do the boring questions while I stared him down intensely the entire time. To his credit, he kept a straight face through it all, just giving me a soft 'you son of a bitch' as I held the door open for his exit.

I love this story, thank you!

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

magic cactus posted:

dressing up like a member of the american military and asking people if i can come into their home.

The homeowner calls a phone number he saw on a bus bench ad, looking for an attorney who specializes in Third Amendment violations

vanisher

https://www.packagingsupplies.com/products/48-x-40-x-48-double-wall-gaylord-bottom

its just so hard to be in a committed relationship with your box nowadays

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

google THIS

vanisher posted:

https://www.packagingsupplies.com/products/48-x-40-x-48-double-wall-gaylord-bottom

its just so hard to be in a committed relationship with your box nowadays

If you like it then you shoulda put a lid on it

vanisher

google THIS posted:

If you like it then you shoulda put a lid on it

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
a concert pianist walks out onto the stage to a cheering crowd. he is wearing a tuxedo with tails and black running shoes. he rings out the opening chord of the concerto by jumping on a giant floor piano.

nut

canyoneer posted:

a concert pianist walks out onto the stage to a cheering crowd. he is wearing a tuxedo with tails and black running shoes. he rings out the opening chord of the concerto by jumping on a giant floor piano.

Finnish man in crowd whispering to his wife: who did you say this man was again?

Finnish wife whispering back: he’s Big in America

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nut posted:

Finnish man in crowd whispering to his wife: who did you say this man was again?

Finnish wife whispering back: he’s Big in America

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
memos from the training and safety department for clandestine transport systems, inc., ("the villain's choice for parcel delivery")

e.g. "cursed items that are part of a phylactory are to be packed in separate containers, bound for separate destinations. we've lost two good-paying accounts in the previous fiscal quarter because some do-gooder managed to find the entire phylactory in one shipping container.")

----------------

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"per the advice of the legal department, taxidermied alligators are not the proper place to conceal a client's illegal fireworks or drugs. legal has informed us that the exception is for any shipment bound for a florida zip code, in which case the authorities will not suspect this company, just that it's florida being florida."

----------------

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"a memorial service will be held for duncan phallamore in the company cafeteria, refreshments provided. shortly afterwards, michael from the safety department will hold a safety meeting on the mandatory use of hearing protection w/r/t the transport of sirens."

----------------

Heather Papps

hello friend

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

memos from the training and safety department for clandestine transport systems, inc., ("the villain's choice for parcel delivery")

"please, when shipping henchmen, remember to add air holes and enough food and water to last the trip. we are not responsible for replacing or removing the corpses of your bumbling goons"

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Neitherman

He will die without safety brief.

gently caress My rear end posted:

a pair of pants that has easy access heated spaghetti pockets

there is a place in payson arizona that sells buckets of spaghetti

sounds like there's a story there somewhere

Prof. Crocodile

The story is: once upon a time there was this guy who ate way too much spaghetti and got sick but hey, he already had a bucket right there

super sweet best pal

Time traveler comes back to today and had the wrong idea about the tech level of the 21st century. "Behold," clicks flashlight "magic!"

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you

super sweet best pal posted:

Time traveler comes back to today and had the wrong idea about the tech level of the 21st century. "Behold," clicks flashlight "magic!"

busts out a nokia 3310 with snake game on it and 3 different backlight color options

ToxicFrog

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

e.g. "cursed items that are part of a phylactory are to be packed in separate containers, bound for separate destinations. we've lost two good-paying accounts in the previous fiscal quarter because some do-gooder managed to find the entire phylactory in one shipping container.")

Customer service emails for same

"I know this ring means a lot to you, but according to our records our courier delivered it to you in 2A 1600 and you signed for it then. Once that's done it's removed from our tracking system. I'm sorry that you've lost it, but you'll just have to find it yourself, or hope that someone else finds it and brings it back to you."

"Yes, we can ship obsidian monoliths that constantly whisper secrets man was not meant to know, but there is an additional handling fee due to the likelihood of attrition among our staff."

"Expedited shipping is not available to volcano lairs, antarctic strongholds or underwater bases. If your shipment is urgent, have it delivered to the nearest storefront location and collect it in person instead."

TK8325

*to the tune of machinehead by bush*

got a pusheen head

verycute

if i was a life sized cut out of yoda would you drop kick me?

Dip Viscous
1890s american vaudeville performances but they're in klingon

wearing a lampshade

Pith is stored in the balls

Cubone

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
that part in Ether where Nas calls Jay-Z "no-mustache-having"

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'd like to show the yob some more goofy-rear end videos i've made.

i'd like to, but a rather nasty storm that rolled through on friday night knocked out my internet connection and i barely have enough data left to make thi

Escape From Noise

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

i'd like to show the yob some more goofy-rear end videos i've made.

i'd like to, but a rather nasty storm that rolled through on friday night knocked out my internet connection and i barely have enough data left to make thi

Oh geeze! I hope Gene Hackman Fan is safe!

take the moon

by sebmojo

super sweet best pal posted:

this is the setup to some comix Ruben bolling does in super fun pak comic lol

----------------

The X-man cometh

canyoneer posted:

busts out a nokia 3310 with snake game on it and 3 different backlight color options

You're joking but you should have seen how amazed people were by my Motorola ROKR that made phone calls AND played MP3s.

Trying

scoring & arranging the slow, ominous movie trailer version of badger badger badger badger mushroom

deep dish peat moss

a gregorian chant. "Baaaaaaaad-geeeeeer. Baaaaaaaaad-geeeer. Baaaaad-geeer."

Heather Papps

hello friend

alien abductees furious about the low quality of the experiance

Prof. Crocodile

A guy who tries to use the word 'namaste' as his catchphrase, but says it at inappropriate times. Like watching a UFC fight: "Yes! Light that motherfucker up! Namaste!"

Heather Papps

hello friend

Prof. Crocodile posted:

A guy who tries to use the word 'namaste' as his catchphrase, but says it at inappropriate times. Like watching a UFC fight: "Yes! Light that motherfucker up! Namaste!"

a guy i know once looked at his bill after a night of beers and wings and said "drat... touche" to which the waitress responded that touche is a term from fencing used when someone makes a really good point in conversation or debate, not a curse or epithet used to indicate displeasure. darren just smiled and said "ah... touche!"
it is maybe one of the funniest things i've ever witnessed

Trying

gyro dreams of doner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

Heather Papps posted:

alien abductees furious about the low quality of the experiance

I paid for the "full probe" experience and didn't get much more than a finger up the bum. Will NOT be going back to this fetlife meetup.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!