Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Bug testing shovelware for a pittance. NEET has finally made it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Minimum wage is good money when your essentials (and many luxuries) are already all being paid for

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Selklubber posted:

With this and the gamer Dilbert comic in the comic thread it's really an amazing era for comics.

Post a link friend, sharing is caring.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

pnumoman posted:

And now they seemed to have moved onto the kanji for grass (草) since wwwwwwwww looks like a field of grass.

At least that's what I heard.

Haha, that's pretty funny. I'm gonna start using that, thanks!

Spa Day
Jun 6, 2020

enjoy

Warbird posted:

Post a link friend, sharing is caring.

It's this guy.

https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

End of plates

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Where were you when the plates stopped fallin'

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

The fakeouts in this comic are unreal. The format is probably the culprit, but man I thought he broke like 12 plates.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

(Translator's note: I went with "blink" here because I felt like it made more sense than "open" as a sound effect, but feel free to suggest ideas since I feel like this "sound effect" happens a lot and I'm not sure what I prefer to use.)

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

Brother Make posted:

(Translator's note: I went with "blink" here because I felt like it made more sense than "open" as a sound effect, but feel free to suggest ideas since I feel like this "sound effect" happens a lot and I'm not sure what I prefer to use.)

Late on your first day? Shameful, mr. Nii!

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Brother Make posted:

Translate the SFX phonically then explain what they mean in comments. You'll thank me when you have to translate the sound effect for a tense silence.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

CheeseThief posted:

Translate the SFX phonically then explain what they mean in comments. You'll thank me when you have to translate the sound effect for a tense silence.

I vote against this. Why would you want to have to read two things rather than just one?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The Make siblings can do whatever the hell they want with the translations as long as they keep bringing the NEET.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Lodin posted:

keep bringing the NEET.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
NEET through the bridges and NEET all the witches and NEET in the back ah my NEEEETTTULLLAAHHHHH

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Slumpy posted:

NEET through the bridges and NEET all the witches and NEET in the back ah my NEEEETTTULLLAAHHHHH

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:
I vote for the phonetic. I think it would be cool to learn, marvel over and scoff at foreign comic devices

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Late on your first day? Shameful, mr. Nii!

Sprue posted:

I vote for the phonetic. I think it would be cool to learn, marvel over and scoff at foreign comic devices

Writing out the phonetics seems a bit too much, but I will keep throwing the occasional fun fact at you all when I run into any.

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Do whatever's easiest. Japanese have onomatopoeia for everything, so it's a little silly in to have sound effects for "putting on socks" in English, but you do you.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Do whatever is more likely to ensure a consistent flow of NEET

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Devils Affricate posted:

Do whatever is more likely to ensure a consistent flow of NEET

Posting the original Japanese comic and attaching a .txt roughly explaining what each panel is saying.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Post the original panels unedited and let the thread finds its own consensus on what they probably mean

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:

Brother Make posted:

Writing out the phonetics seems a bit too much, but I will keep throwing the occasional fun fact at you all when I run into any.

:hai:
That will do

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

The real twist is that he didn't sleep in at all and he won't be late for his first day of work.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Hot Stunt posted:

The real twist is that he didn't sleep in at all and he won't be late for his first day of work.

well yeah. and then he'll get in to a whacky accident on the way there and end up late after all

but it'll turn out he got the start time wrong and he isn't late, after all, after all

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
It turns out Tohru was the bug all along

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

TheAardvark posted:

well yeah. and then he'll get in to a whacky accident on the way there and end up late after all

but it'll turn out he got the start time wrong and he isn't late, after all, after all

He accidentally sets up the impression that he's extremely diligent and capable

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Shows up at 11:47... the night before. Is made CEO for his astounding work ethic.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Go back to sleep and wake up at 11:30.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Friend of mine was head of QA at Funcom and she told me people would constantly show up late as hell while being drunk or stoned. They were still allowed to work.

NEET needs to go back to sleep and then shotgun some vodka before heading off.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

End of Page 6

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Brother Make posted:

End of Page 6

Lmao

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Set an alarm NEET.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Brother Make posted:

End of Page 6

lmao

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Old NEET's problem right here. His angel is an underachiever. My angel NEET tells me to do stuff.

Thank you angel NEET. I love you.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Dude if you are upright and having what seems to be a very hard think about what you are going to be doing, you are probably already too awake to get more sleep.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hot Stunt posted:

Dude if you are upright and having what seems to be a very hard think about what you are going to be doing, you are probably already too awake to get more sleep.

Why, it's almost as if this isn't about sleep deprivation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Oh I've totally had this discussion with myself. I identify with these last three panels more than anything else in the entire work.

And you can definitely go back to sleep. If you haven't done anything other than use the restroom or get a sip of water, that warm bed is always ready for you.