Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Johnny Aztec posted:

Didn't he say he regrets alot of " The Chappelle Show"? Like, he thought it was funny at the time, but he realized that it wasn't creating any dialogue about race, it was just giving white people an excuse to use slurs and get away with it.

See also: Chris Rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Lechtansi posted:

I was driving somewhere with my mom and the rules were whomever was driving got to choose the music. So we were listening to Aphex Twin. My mom turns to me and says “is it supposed to sound like that?”

It’s probably the greatest description of his music I’ve ever heard. Thanks mom.

I'll never when my dad would put Aphex Twin on a burned CD on the stereo on long road trips circa 2002.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Aphex Twin chat just reminded me of the time my friend did a hosed-up set at a badly organised village fete type thing and it was incredible, totally inappropriate for the setting. The dialogue between the nan and her grandson cracks me up every time, as does the 'ice rink' which consisted of a tarp covered in soapy water and some bags tied to the kid's feet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGAnEwFkXcc

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Rondette posted:

Aphex Twin chat just reminded me of the time my friend did a hosed-up set at a badly organised village fete type thing and it was incredible, totally inappropriate for the setting. The dialogue between the nan and her grandson cracks me up every time, as does the 'ice rink' which consisted of a tarp covered in soapy water and some bags tied to the kid's feet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGAnEwFkXcc

Why did nobody tell this man to stop?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Chris Pistols posted:

Since when has a white man in a fedora ever listened to the word stop?

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Inceltown posted:

Since when has a white man in a fedora ever listened to the word stop?

Gonna need a larger ooof.jpg

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

DesperateDan posted:

Gonna need a larger ooof.jpg

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQoT9xXRXtY

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Chris Pistols posted:

I didn't know him very well when I filmed this. He is an awesome guy, really kind and gentle but he has this horrible thing called Usher Syndrome where he is going steadily deaf and blind.

He hangs out with a lot of earnest crusty types who organise these kinds of antics all the time. I hung out with them and joined in with some things until I realised they were not really very good at making these events enjoyable for anyone, except their friends who were in on it. And most of the time they were part of the performance. This was another thing they did, except this time I was in the audience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LISHZ4DmpvE

I wish there was a video of the Christmas puppet show they did where they picked the most miserable, depressing stories possible and got my 6 foot 4 mate up there to dress like Krampus and be the compere.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/EwlBS8g.gifv

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Johnny Aztec posted:

Didn't he say he regrets alot of " The Chappelle Show"? Like, he thought it was funny at the time, but he realized that it wasn't creating any dialogue about race, it was just giving white people an excuse to use slurs and get away with it.

He regretted it during the filming of season 3.

All current Chappelle problems aside, he left $50 million on the table then keep doing a show he thought was emboldening racists.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

snergle posted:

bill cosby is also rich still. i dont think sucessful comedian with lots of money is the brag you think it is. chapelle has hosed himself on most social issues. race was never one of those issues where he was on the wrong side. like it said up stream his last special was heavily edited to make him seem more appealing because netflix is tired of the meme making fun of the comedy specials and every other new special they release being criticized socially.

Well don't be a tease, what meme is that?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:hmmyes:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

I see rubmaps has rebranded.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

A million years ago when I was working at my small-town ISP which did websites for local businesses in the mid-90s, a radio station came in to have us buy a domain for them matching their slogan, "Today's Hits, Yesterday's Favorites". The station owner was one of those loud, angry, perpetually aggrieved types who stomps around yelling at everyone who always fucks everything up because everything is always everybody's fault but his own, so the relationship was tenuous from the start.

He filled in the form for the domain, "TodaysHits.com". We took one look at it and said "uhhh are you sure about this? You don't get capital letters in a domain ...."

He interrupted and yelled at us to JUST DO WHAT HE'S PAYING US FOR and stomped out of the office.

We bought the domain and set up the website, and the next day he lit up our phones screaming about how the domain looks in his browser, and why didn't anybody tell him, and this is all our fault and he would sue us for defamation.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Johnny Aztec posted:

If this is true he sure as hell didn't learn anything from it.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Who What Now posted:

If this is true he sure as hell didn't learn anything from it.

Maybe he goes home and cries into his 12,000 thread count sheets while drinking from his goblet made of pure gold.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I always loved fooling people to go to farthammer.com by saying it as one word with a th (as in ‘the’) instead of two words with the hard t.

:gas:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I played windowlicker on the juke box at Applebee's one time and someone spent probably $20 to bump the song and play the entire best of Queen album

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Juke box wars are awesome. What decision process even leads to having Windowlicker on a juke box? Should start including 4'33", a song you might actually want to hear in an Applebee's once in a while.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

dialhforhero posted:

I always loved fooling people to go to farthammer.com by saying it as one word with a th (as in ‘the’) instead of two words with the hard t.

:gas:

In the grim darkness of the fart future

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
The fact that an Aphex Twin song at all is a choice on any jukebox is a bit impressive.

Was it one of those online ones with an app? Where a handful are normal priced and the ones that aren’t on it are like $2?

My mind still thinks jukeboxes are with cds or records even though I know they are all online digital. I am an old. :negative:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

dialhforhero posted:

The fact that an Aphex Twin song at all is a choice on any jukebox is a bit impressive.

Was it one of those online ones with an app? Where a handful are normal priced and the ones that aren’t on it are like $2?

My mind still thinks jukeboxes are with cds or records even though I know they are all online digital. I am an old. :negative:

yeah pretty much all of the juke boxes around here in Dallas use the same app

my friend drunkenly put $100 on his account and we've been working through it for like two years lol

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
of course have to link The Boys are Back in Town jukebox story

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/dpwa7w/i-played-the-boys-are-back-in-town-on-a-bar-jukebox-until-i-got-kicked-out-832

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Or the Salt and Pepper Diner

https://youtu.be/QnkrL42R7gk

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

This was linked in the article:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnkrL42R7gk

I had the same thing happen with a group of friends back in roughly ~01,02 (I'm old gently caress off).

Hanson's MMMBob loops perfectly. Much like Mulaney's bit, it takes at least most of the way through the second time for people to realize it had looped.

My friend played in 10X. They unplugged the jukebox after 4.

It's also very obvious in a bar full of angry people with one table of giggling idiots who is responsible.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Someone found one of those juke box services had the Lord of the Rings soundtrack.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I once went into Whiskey Bar early in the evening with all the coins I could find and filled the queue with literally every non-heavy metal track in the jukebox (which would've been zero if not for the fact that they had a bunch of movie soundtrack CDs that had one or two popular heavy metal tracks on them but also other stuff). By about 21½ the crowd was getting so angry that some dude who'd seen me do it quietly told me I'd better slip out before I got a pint to the head.

(They switched to plastic pints at some point but this was before that.)

How!
Oct 29, 2009

We had one of the jukeboxes you could play from an app on your phone, so my friend would walk past the bar when I was setting up in the morning and play something for me, it was sweet.

I was also working the day after Bowie died, and everybody was putting his tracks on and sulking around. It was fine for a while, but I eventually got bored and queued Who Let the Dogs Out. Everybody got pretty upset and blamed each other for spoiling the mood.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

pentyne posted:

He regretted it during the filming of season 3.

All current Chappelle problems aside, he left $50 million on the table then keep doing a show he thought was emboldening racists.

Yeah, specifically the sketch where he was nervous about ordering the fried chicken on an airplane. He took a moment and realized he was dressed as a minstrel show sharecropper, talking in a racist accent, using words written by a predominantly white writer's room and making the predominantly white cast and crew laugh.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

he's just a dude who can joke good

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
The jukebox app around here has Wheeler Walker Jr. on it. That whole album.

You don't even have to be at the location to queue up songs.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

David chappelle is, at his core, a dude who likes making jokes about race and big titties and became rich doing so

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

captainOrbital posted:

The jukebox app around here has Wheeler Walker Jr. on it. That whole album.

You don't even have to be at the location to queue up songs.

There was a sports bar in Brooklyn I didn’t like so I used one of those apps to line up Alice’s Restaurant and rupaul. There was a surprising amount of really long songs on there. My only regret is doing it from home.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

definitely cheaper than the trafficking on Wayfair

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

So what’s the deal here? Prostitution? Selling drugs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

oldpainless posted:

David chappelle is, at his core, a dude who likes making jokes about race and big titties and became rich doing so

and jokes about the inherent hilarity of trans people

but why should he care at all? none of these big name comedians really need to bother about being 'cancelled' they can just keep on keeping on and enough people will tune in

he still made good jokes about other stuff, it's a shame he turned into a calcified mummy but maybe he can work that out into a good set