Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I hope they bring back Ward and have Daisy just shoot him three times in the chest again, in keeping with their decisions to just gently caress with history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Phylodox posted:

Agents of SHIELD didn’t start slow, it just started...conventionally. ABC hyped it up as a TV extension of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and then what we got seemed a lot more like a bog standard TV procedural with occasional MCU flavouring. It wasn’t a bad show, it just wasn’t anything outstanding. And, in retrospect, that was entirely intentional. The show was deliberately lulling its audience into feeling like it was a typical TV show before subverting most of that in “Turn, Turn, Turn”. Unfortunately, their ruse worked a bit too well for some folks.

It almost makes me wonder if this show started on streaming like The Mandalorian if it would've been a more conventional hit. Of course streaming was a different world when this show started so who the gently caress even knows.

notthegoatseguy fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jul 15, 2020

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
If Marvel wasn't so tight lipped about every little thing, they could have added in some more things to foreshadow Winter Soldier. Like maybe have a scene where Fitz Simmons worked on a component of Project Insight, or had them tracking down the intel that leads to the events of opening of Cap 2, kind of how they did with Avengers 2. Its not bad, it just seems quite directionless for the first dozen episodes even knowing whats coming.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They kind of do that with Sitwell's appearance. I don't remember the timing off hand, but he's called away from the show to the boat at the start of Winter Soldier.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

howe_sam posted:

They kind of do that with Sitwell's appearance. I don't remember the timing off hand, but he's called away from the show to the boat at the start of Winter Soldier.

He doesn't get called away until after the hunt for the Clairvoyant, so one episode before Turn Turn Turn.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Given how awful the S2 integration with AoU was, I'm quite glad they didnt try and line things up more than they did.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://screenrant.com/agents-shield-robot-reference-chopping-mall-jim-wynorski/

Jim Wynorski is real mad about the chopping mall homage in the lighthouse last week

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

What a baby, good luck taking on Disney even if you have a strong case (which he definitely does not).

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Is anyone else getting last weeks episode?

edit: nevermind, it stopped abruptly and restarted and now its a new episode. Must have been a fuckup at the affiliate or something

swickles fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jul 16, 2020

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

swickles posted:

edit: nevermind, it stopped abruptly and restarted and now its a new episode. Must have been a fuckup at the affiliate or something
The previously on was the same as last week, if that's what you mean.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

swickles posted:

It started the same as last week until we went to Jemma's POV.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That was a rad title card.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Young Gordon!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

It started the same as last week until we went to Jemma's POV.

Nope, mine was Deke and Mack again for like 20 seconds.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
.......oh right my arm's fake...

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Dichen Lachman is always :swoon:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

This is the most May thing.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Lmfao mall goth loving dweeb, hahahaha

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Goon Malick might be the best Malick.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

Lmfao mall goth loving dweeb, hahahaha

He reminds me of the dude from Grandma's Boy. Oh, which I remember was in one episode as another chronicom when they came back from the future before getting blowed up with the monoliths.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's absolutely the gloves that puts him over the top

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I just have a hard time taking Nathaniel seriously, he doesn't feel like a big enough threat to trouble our heroes.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Reset Smith posted:

I just have a hard time taking Nathaniel seriously, he doesn't feel like a big enough threat to trouble our heroes.

Yeah, like it seems the next time Daisy sees him she will just Quake him ibto oblivion without breaking a sweat.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

drat she's got pure speedforce now.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This makes sense for Yo-Yo. I like it!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Reset Smith posted:

Yeah I'm not a fan.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Ah yeah timeloop episode!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Coulson is....going through a lot. Again.

Also lmfao mall goth talks about anarchy while wearing fingerless gloves. Daisy is going to stomp his poo poo in, easily.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
Oh we're doing that TNG episode

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

*bangs table* time loop time loop

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

turd in my singlet posted:

Oh we're doing that Discovery episode

Hopefully we get Rainn Wilson

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

When are we getting to the Fitz factory?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Elizabeth Henstridge is directing next week's episode!

Also holy lol, I just switched back to the ep of Law & Order I had on before AoS aired and look who's in it

:3:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Does this mean Daisy has an older sister?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I figured it was more a figurative thing, but maybe?

My main complaint tonight was that if you get Dichen and Enver in the same episode, you have to let them share a scene, I mean come on.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

turd in my singlet posted:

Oh we're doing that TNG episode

Hopefully we get Kelsey Grammer

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Pan Dulce posted:

Does this mean Daisy has an older sister?

I would say half sister. In the original timeline, maybe her death is what led Jiaying to leave Afterlife, meet Cal and have Daisy. Cal doesn't age like Jiaying does, and her half sister looked to be close to Daisy's age, which would probably only be a couple years younger than Cal at this time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nooneofconsequence posted:

Dichen Lachman is always :swoon:

Have you seen Altered Carbon season 1?

Nate is totally meant to look like one of the Columbine shoots right? He has this weird babyface that makes him kinda look like Dave Foley.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

We're going full Hedgehog Day next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Can't believe they pulled off an episode whose resolution was "run faster yoyo"