Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
If you're on the draw you could coin out another tunnel trogg too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

RatHat posted:

Most disgusting possible turn 1 in Hearthstone history?

Then your opponent plays Devolving Missiles and you're left on turn two with zero mana to play your one card you have, plus a 1/1 and a random one drop on the field.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Technically the most disgusting turn 1 would be if you opponent innervated a milhouse manastorm and you had ultimate infestation in your hand.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Chernabog posted:

Technically the most disgusting turn 1 would be if you opponent innervated a milhouse manastorm and you had ultimate infestation in your hand.

Ultimate Infestation plus the new 10 mana druid spell that gives all minions in your hand, deck, and on the field +4/+4.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

There was actually a staged OTK video like that, where the druid only had spells and kills the opponent T1.

Edit: Found it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCp8zN0j6i0

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 15, 2020

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Shockeh posted:

I took this, enjoyed it, but felt it needed to GO FASTA, so I aimed downwards a little:

It's good fun! I'm not sure Transfer Student is going to cut it, tbh, it's just a fun way to use it, but it's probably better served being something more 'productive'.

I’ve been playing with Doomhammer like it’s 2016 again. Fun times. Just want to mention that I hated Totemic Surge when I played this deck a few months ago. Having 4 0-mana do nothing cards was too much and I’d rather have the health.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Torrannor posted:

Then your opponent plays Devolving Missiles and you're left on turn two with zero mana to play your one card you have, plus a 1/1 and a random one drop on the field.

Worst case would be a 1/1 Wisp and a 2-drop.

We also don't know if Devolving missiles will hit a 0-cost minion or not. If it can, you could try this and just devolve the Trogg 3x into some 0-cost.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Gully Foyle posted:

Worst case would be a 1/1 Wisp and a 2-drop.

We also don't know if Devolving missiles will hit a 0-cost minion or not. If it can, you could try this and just devolve the Trogg 3x into some 0-cost.

You're right, but that's still a bad outcome for investing 4 cards and going into turn 2 with 0 mana (assuming the missiles can't hit a 0 mana cost minion more than once, which they probably can).

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

RatHat posted:

Most disgusting possible turn 1 in Hearthstone history?

Thanks, I hate it.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Goons Are Great posted:

This is a human rights violation, not a loving hearthstone deck :psyduck:

I went 13-5 with it to reach Diamond.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

orangelex44 posted:

I went 13-5 with it to reach Diamond.

Well I'm not saying I'm not using it right now to screw myself through 5000er legend because I am a morally bad person, too, I'm just saying that it's definitely against the Geneva Convention to play like this :devil:

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Got & modified this from Solem on YouTube, and won first 4 games at Diamond 5 so it might be legit? It’s drat fun anyway.

### Giants
# Class: Druid
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Jungle Giants
# 2x (2) Breath of Dreams
# 2x (3) Ferocious Howl
# 1x (4) Archmage Vargoth
# 2x (4) Branching Paths
# 2x (4) Cursed Disciple
# 2x (4) Oaken Summons
# 2x (4) Overgrowth
# 2x (5) Big Ol' Whelp
# 1x (5) Ixlid, Fungal Lord
# 2x (6) Emerald Explorer
# 2x (6) Evasive Wyrm
# 2x (6) Nourish
# 1x (7) Malfurion the Pestilent
# 2x (7) Winged Guardian
# 2x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (9) Ysera
# 1x (9) Ysera, Unleashed
#
AAEBAZICBqIJi8ECmdMCo+YC1pkD9q0DDF/JxwKe0gKa5AKE5gK/8gL9rQOMrgPnsAOFsQP/tQPougMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

orangelex44 posted:

see you just need to change your thinking

you see a problem, I see an opportunity

I present: concede priest

### Concede Priest
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Forbidden Words
# 2x (0) Whispers of EVIL
# 2x (1) Holy Smite
# 2x (1) Mind Vision
# 2x (1) Psychic Conjurer
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (2) Penance
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Death
# 2x (2) Thoughtsteal
# 2x (2) Transfer Student
# 2x (3) Breath of the Infinite
# 1x (3) Brightwing
# 1x (3) Madame Lazul
# 1x (7) Galakrond, the Unspeakable
# 1x (7) Soul Mirror
# 1x (8) Murozond the Infinite
# 2x (9) Plague of Death
#
AAECAa0GBtMK65sDt6wDjrEDyL4DyMADDB6XAssImJsDmakDn6kD2KwD8qwDk7oDm7oDw8wDotUDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

for all your "gently caress you control deck" needs

This decks fine but I get bodied by gala priests when I mirror into them. Since most of the ladder is gala priests...

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

finally got to diamond with this dragon hunter deck but substituted the 2 dragonmaws for 2 evasive wyrms which help with taunt removal and not being able to be targeted by priests and mages mainly.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Did super oppressive control priest start out as a meme (for this meta at least) that then morphed into half of the games I’m playing? So annoying

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Much like how Illidan sacrificed everything to keep the Burning Legion at bay, so too did DH to hold back the priests.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

DNK posted:

Rattlegore would be sick with my stall warrior running Dimensional Rippers. It desperately needs some kind of value / kill threat combo, and that’d do it.

Rattlegore is good but I think the one that Summons 2 33s every turn is even better

Aaod
May 29, 2004
Does druid choose one beat priests? It feels like it to me and now I am running into a lot of them because DH isn't around to stomp them.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Mr Beens posted:

Rattlegore is good but I think the one that Summons 2 33s every turn is even better

Legit, Troublemaker is a side-graded Rag. It's pretty nuts.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Mr Beens posted:

yeah it's disgusting

the end of turn effect is worth like 3.5-4 mana (2/3rds of Greater Arcane Missiles) in the worst-case scenario where both minions attack into enemy minions and die

on an empty board it's a 12/14 which fireballs your opponent's face

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I haven't played BGs since the win % addon came in, but whenever I see a streamer with it on, I can't help but wonder - is it actually fully accurate? Especially for some of the complex endgame states, it seems like the probability trees would be absolutely immense. And it seems to just poop out the answer instantly.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Jeza posted:

I haven't played BGs since the win % addon came in, but whenever I see a streamer with it on, I can't help but wonder - is it actually fully accurate? Especially for some of the complex endgame states, it seems like the probability trees would be absolutely immense. And it seems to just poop out the answer instantly.

Yes, it's accurate, it's a Monte Carlo Tree Search, not an exhaustive simulation, so just like chess engines.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
What are the odds of pulling a puzzle box off of Solarion, and then another off of the puzzle box, and then another after that? Because I just had the *wildest* game ever

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DNK posted:

Rattlegore would be sick with my stall warrior running Dimensional Rippers. It desperately needs some kind of value / kill threat combo, and that’d do it.

RUIN

DESPAIR

DESTRUCTION

dahlis
Oct 26, 2005

Demolitions Expert
Welp, turns out that VS’s list of hl hunter is easy legend if your meta is all priest and druid.

Also, is Diligent Notetaker a reference to Jim Comey or John Bolton?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

What are the odds of pulling a puzzle box off of Solarion, and then another off of the puzzle box, and then another after that? Because I just had the *wildest* game ever

I don’t think Puzzle Box can cast itself.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
I don't know if Tess is great but wow she's so much fun. Hero power adds an additional strategic layer and is a great way to catch up if you run into a much stronger opponent. A+ cool hero

edit: just now, a 7-pirate Patches hit me for 30 around turn 10. I copied his minions, and a few turns later in the final showdown I hit him for 22, winning the game

peer fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jul 16, 2020

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

RatHat posted:

I don’t think Puzzle Box can cast itself.

I think they're saying that Solarian casted two Puzzle boxes, which I think can happen?

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Solarian can cast a puzzle box, but a puzzle box cannot cast another puzzle box, just as nothing else can cast Solarian's battlecry either. This is to avoid unlikely but possible infinite loops and also because it would be crazy.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

That's some good design philosophy, that went out the window with original Dragonqueen :v:

I haven't played in a while, how did the nerfs affect DQA?

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Blooming Brilliant posted:

That's some good design philosophy, that went out the window with original Dragonqueen :v:

Yeah, they keep making this mistake over and over. There should be a general rule / design principle that things should never be able to discover or generate themselves, rather than leaving it up to a case by case basis.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Yeah well they are okay with generating the same card over and over again, actual infinite loops where a box casts a box casts a box casts a box endlessly would be straight up game breaking, even with the maximum number of queues hearthstone accepts at like 70. Casting this alone would probably eat up two turns for both. Generating tons of dragons that end up in your hand doesn't do this, so they were whatever. :v:

Either way Alexstrasza seems fine. The nerf didn't really kill it as far as I can see, you just might have to wait a turn before playing it, which is usually even better due to dumb priests plague-Ing a single Alex plus the rest of the board instead of waiting for the other dragons to land.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Goons Are Great posted:

Yeah well they are okay with generating the same card over and over again, actual infinite loops where a box casts a box casts a box casts a box endlessly would be straight up game breaking, even with the maximum number of queues hearthstone accepts at like 70. Casting this alone would probably eat up two turns for both. Generating tons of dragons that end up in your hand doesn't do this, so they were whatever. :v:

For sure the actual possibilities of infinite loops is way worse, but I don't remember anyone being thrilled about endless chains of Frightened Flunkies (granted, the discover change to not favour class cards helped this a fair bit)

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
You COULD, however, potentially:

Get Solarian through bandersmosh
Play the prime
Bounce it a few times for plenty of battlecries
Coin double battlecry shudderwock
potentially roll puzzle box after puzzle box

cry

Also enjoy the entire trolden episode that you'll be I guess

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

peer posted:

I don't know if Tess is great but wow she's so much fun. Hero power adds an additional strategic layer and is a great way to catch up if you run into a much stronger opponent. A+ cool hero

edit: just now, a 7-pirate Patches hit me for 30 around turn 10. I copied his minions, and a few turns later in the final showdown I hit him for 22, winning the game

Tess is like the anti-Rafaam, where the hero gets better the higher MMR you are.

However, Tess probably will not make Tier S because I assumed you'd see 7 minions, rather than only seeing X number of minions as limited by your current tavern level.

But even so, having 71% or 80% to get that build-around or to spike those triples or even pickup a strong tempo minion is very good.

After tanking a game learning the mechanics, I've had nothing but success playing Tess, but again that's mainly because of the lobby strength.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

I haven't had any of the new heroes except for Mukla, which I did horribly with - my luck wasn't great, but I still think the hero power isn't quite strong enough to justify spending a coin in the early game (and delaying tiering up / an extra minion / etc.), and in the late game isn't significant enough to be worth much.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Tess: Played twice, first time got extremely unlucky, went against comps that I didn't need and lost early. Second time the same happened but I managed to get a good build off the regular tavern and did okay. I only used the HP to get a triple in the late-ish game. I think she has potential

Mukla: Played once, lost super early despite getting a big righteous protector going right away. I lost all interest to play it again. Although I do like the effect he has on the lobby.

Brann: Played a few times, seems a bit feast or famine depending on whether you hit key pieces like crowd favorite and Brann.

New Aranna: Played several times, I really like her now. Seems really good at getting top 4 now that you can stay at lower tiers for a bit and look for triples and gold grubbers.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I’ve not had a lot of success with Brann. There’s a lot of poo poo battlecries and the higher your tavern gets, the less consistent it is. Mukla I got to play with once and spiked a third place on the back of a big cave hydra. I was proccing bananas early and often, which I don’t know is correct or not. I’m in poor tier so I haven’t gotten to play Tess yet.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Also they have to do something about this murloc poo poo. I was just in a lobby where Noz had Brann, Megasaur, and 5 divine shield / poisonous murlocs on TURN 9. I took 22 to the dome that turn, but managed to sneak into the top 4 anyway. The other two players in the top 4? Also playing murlocs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

With Brann I think you should stay at 3* for a while to get a crowd favorite or two and then try to build a murloc base. If you can find a triple you level to 4 and try to get Brann minion.

Mukla seems like a "HP as often as possible" kind of hero but then again I didn't do so well. One interesting thing is that as another player it is not necessarily a good idea to use the bananas right away, you might want to wait to use them on a good minion, but that may also put you at a disadvantage against everybody else if they do use them right away.