Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

sharknado slashfic posted:

Last I heard was it's supposed to come out tomorrow via WaPo. Most of the RedTBA fans I know are hoping it involves Snyder going to jail.

I guess it has to do with the two dudes who were just fired.

quote:

SEXISM AND RACISM IS BAD . NOW YOU WILL SOON READ WHY PEOPLE LOST JOBS “SANTOS ,MANN” AND HOW BAD WAS IN THE ORGANIZATION IN REGARDS TO THAT . STORY ABOUT IT IS COMING OUT SOON . REALLY IS SAD AND DISAPPOINTING.

— JSTEELZ (@JSTEELZNSKINS) JULY 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

sharknado slashfic posted:

Last I heard was it's supposed to come out tomorrow via WaPo. Most of the RedTBA fans I know are hoping it involves Snyder going to jail.

But all the reporters are describing it as terrible news, and Snyder going to jail would be extremely good?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

shirts and skins posted:

But all the reporters are describing it as terrible news, and Snyder going to jail would be extremely good?

Well he'd still have done horrible things to get there

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Also Danielle Hunter.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

nerve posted:

Well he'd still have done horrible things to get there

I'm struggling to think exactly how bad an NFL franchise owner's crimes would have to be for them to actually see the inside of any type of cell. At least for more than a couple of hours, I guess drunk driving might get you inside one but not for long.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Grittybeard posted:

I'm struggling to think exactly how bad an NFL franchise owner's crimes would have to be for them to actually see the inside of any type of cell. At least for more than a couple of hours, I guess drunk driving might get you inside one but not for long.

I think a dead girl or a live boy might still work.

Edit: Actually maybe not the live boy.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1283476474255859712?s=20

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Z'Darius Smith should be on the list imo

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Yay :)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Good for him. I mean probably bad for the Titans unless it's like a 2-3 year deal, but running backs get so hosed by contracts.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Here's hoping the RT we drafted is good so the offense isn't turbo hosed

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Here's my list of 25 players who should be in this top 10 list.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

SKULL.GIF posted:

Here's my list of 25 players who should be in this top 10 list.

Not enough kickers and punters.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The conspiracy runs deep

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/washington-play-by-play-voice-larry-michael-leaving-team/ar-BB16MmlP

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I cant believe the team was literally built on a load bearing slur.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
4 year 50 mil 25.5 guaranteed for Henry

Good deal imo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Deadline passed, Dak is stuck with the franchise tag. Even if he's barely above average, the price tag for him is only going to go up.

Tell me if you've heard this one before: The Jones family is dumb as poo poo and bad at running a football team.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Imagine giving a 2 down RB $50m in 2020. Just lol.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Shinjobi posted:

Tell me if you've heard this one before: The Jones family is dumb as poo poo and bad at running a football team.

I actually hadn’t heard this before, and I think it’s good insight that you have brought to the table.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shinjobi posted:

This fact brings me great joy.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Metapod posted:

Good deal imo

Yeah agreed I like this a lot. Looks like there’s an out after two years, which I like if we ride him hard as I assume we will.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

wandler20 posted:

Imagine giving a 2 down RB $50m in 2020. Just lol.

Are you calling Henry a 2 down back?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Pretty reasonable deal for a great running back

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Metapod posted:

Are you calling Henry a 2 down back?

I think the poster means he will play with two hands down on the ground which is a strange thing for running backs to do, indeed

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Metapod posted:

Good deal imo

I wonder what this will mean for Lamar's deal

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Metapod posted:

Good deal imo

He deserves more as the best player on the team

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He deserves more for how he's played, but less because of his expected future production.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fartknocker posted:

This fact brings me great joy.

They got high off of finally getting rid of Garrett and forgot you actually had to do other things to make team good

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

He deserves more for how he's played, but less because of his expected future production.

It depends if you're getting the first 58 games he played or the past 9 games he played.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Shinjobi posted:

They got high off of finally getting rid of Garrett and forgot you actually had to do other things to make team good

"What, you're not supposed to do just one good thing an offseason?" - Jerry, probably

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/man_dammn/status/1283497228611526657

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

wandler20 posted:

It depends if you're getting the first 58 games he played or the past 9 games he played.

Henry is the most explosive player in the league if the oline plays like they did in the last nine games hes going to be very productive

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
That's actually what a reasonable RB contract looks like imo. Good on the Titans for not overpaying

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm glad we didn't pay Gordon

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
What's the reasoning behind the tag extension deadline? It seems like players should be able to sign a new contract at any time.

https://twitter.com/SlaterNFL/status/1283501332465319938?s=20

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

What's the reasoning behind the tag extension deadline? It seems like players should be able to sign a new contract at any time.

Suppression of players right to negotiate more or less?

The idea is you must get a deal done quickly or the team doesn't have to worry about it during the season and just tags you and then no one has to worry about anything. It's particularly silly right now, but it was always dumb. You could also argue it at least oughtta be the beginning of training camps which wouldn't usually happen for another week or two if I remember correctly?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I want to thank @edsbs for showing me this beautiful sports card:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ron Howard: "They didn't show up."

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I still miss those Broncos uniforms. They were eminently hateable if you weren't a fan and probably really loveable if you were. Not the boring poo poo they have going on now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Time posted:

I think the poster means he will play with two hands down on the ground which is a strange thing for running backs to do, indeed

That would make him a 4 down running back, as he would have all 4 of his hooves touchign the earth