Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

The best part of ME3 was the krogan stuff, but the rest was let down by

Good. You opened this message. This isn't actually asari military command. They're busy tending to what's left of their planet.

So you survived our fight on Thessia. You're not as weak as I thought. But never forget that your best wasn't good enough to stop me. Now an entire planet is dying because you lacked the strength to win. The legend of Shepard needs to be re-written. I hope I'm there for the last chapter. It ends with your death.

-KL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Looks like a mix. The Castlevania show was baller, so I'll hold out hope.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

take three tablets posted:

ME3 came out before Warframe, iirc. I've never played it, but I remember people pitching it as "Hey you liked that ME3 multiplayer?".

That what I'm saying: ME3 MP could have filled the Warframe niche if Bioware/EA had just realized they had a great little product on their hand and spun it off. Like the first step should have been to offer the ME3 MP as a free standalone and then just go from there. I bought 3 copies of ME3 when it was one sale for $5 just I could play the ME3 MP with my friends. They never touched the single player but had a blast with the mult player.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
The thing that turned me away from Mass Effect 3 was the whole subplot where Seth Green tries to convince everyone that they should literally let him gently caress the ship

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Griftlands:

quote:

Hey Everybody,

As we noted previously during most recent Roadmap, we had previously planned to increase the price of Griftlands last May however we wanted to allow some more time for people to get the game at the Alpha price.

With the Summer Sale now over, we thought it would be a good time to let you know the price of the game will be increasing to $19.99 usd on July 20th.

We generally price games lower during various stages of development to provide a good value as we build the game and settle in to a final price, so the price may raise again in the future but we'll let you know well before that happens.

We've been getting a ton of great feedback and bug reports since entering Early Access and we have another update coming up here real soon, so please keep sending us your thoughts as we work our way to official launch.

Have fun out there!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Andrast posted:

All parts of ME3 except Tuchanka are bad imo. The ending being poo poo is only a small part of the problem.
Citadel was pretty good.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

SirSamVimes posted:

I liked Vega and Jarvik.

Brick HardMeat and the paid DLC character, yeah.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BexGu posted:

That what I'm saying: ME3 MP could have filled the Warframe niche if Bioware/EA had just realized they had a great little product on their hand and spun it off. Like the first step should have been to offer the ME3 MP as a free standalone and then just go from there. I bought 3 copies of ME3 when it was one sale for $5 just I could play the ME3 MP with my friends. They never touched the single player but had a blast with the mult player.

The other surprising thing (well, not in retrospect) is how they couldn't recapture it after. DA:I tried to and it was a huge tirefire and shitshow, and Andromeda's gameplay changes broke the fun loop of it for half the classes.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Terminally Bored posted:

Brick HardMeat and the paid DLC character, yeah.

Paid AT LAUNCH DLC character.

I wish I could say what was wrong with ME3 was mostly EA. But it was a full group effort to make the game bad.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
iirc, you could just gently caress around with an .ini file or something to unlock the dlc guy without actually downloading anything because he was supposed to be included in the base game, but EA will do as EA does

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Yeah, that was criminal

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
It's been about a year since the great Battle Chess craze, and the hilarious scramble to get a piece of that cake. Did these games retain a core audience, or are they over?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Hearthstone Battlegrounds is very popular even with their absurd monetization model ($25 every four months for gameplay functionality that gives you an enormous advantage). TFT has been surprisingly resilient. Underlords is dead garbage. Idk about Drodochess their english client is pretty hostile.

J
Jun 10, 2001

All my friends were super into the dota2 autochess thing, then they moved to TFT/underlords for a short while, now none of them play any of them anymore. That's my anecdote.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

J posted:

All my friends were super into the dota2 autochess thing, then they moved to TFT/underlords for a short while, now none of them play any of them anymore. That's my anecdote.

Tell them about Artifact op

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

want 2 pet that dogma :3

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm stoked for the anime but also slightly disappointed that the characters won't be the beautiful abominations most players created.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Would have prefered a Dragons Dogma 2 , but cool.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
DLSS 2.0 is magical

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Death Stranding has DLSS 2.0, right? Hopefully that means Horizon Zero Dawn has the same.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

il serpente cosmico posted:

DLSS 2.0 is magical

Pretty sure DLSS 2.0 is running on hell energy or something

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

exquisite tea posted:

Death Stranding has DLSS 2.0, right? Hopefully that means Horizon Zero Dawn has the same.

It does indeed, and it looks better with it turned on than it does at native resolutions. It still seems too good to be true at this point, but between Control and Death Stranding, my hope is that it becomes an option in every new release moving forward.

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 15, 2020

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Is DLSS 2.0 only for 2000 series cards? I have a 1070.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

No Wave posted:

Hearthstone Battlegrounds is very popular even with their absurd monetization model ($25 every four months for gameplay functionality that gives you an enormous advantage). TFT has been surprisingly resilient. Underlords is dead garbage. Idk about Drodochess their english client is pretty hostile.

Yeah, I don't know if it's still true but at least a few months ago I read that TFT is doing REALLY well in the Asian market. It's pretty popular here, but that's the big moneymaker.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Mordja posted:

Is DLSS 2.0 only for 2000 series cards? I have a 1070.

RTX only, sadly.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The 20XX line has the magic tensor cores that apparently make the whole thing work, although it probably could be emulated since many DLSS 1.0 games didn't use them at all.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
This was said in a discord - the dragon's dogma anime needs to have the mc's pawn and two additional pawns that change every episode

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The dogma anime is fake and bad if the second to last episode doesn’t reveal with no explanation that the protagonist’s beloved is the jester

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
It also needs at least one character every single episode to mention either

a) that something is weak to fire

b) Bones! WALKING BONES :byodood: :byodame: :byodood:

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

The new Friends of Mineral Town is so far a pretty cute and faithful remake, with some of the additions and changes being of mixed effect. The fact that you can just walk over all the crop tiles now kind of removes all the strategy of planting in anything but perfect 3x3 arrangements, the ridiculous amount of transparency added to the stamina system takes out almost all the challenge of managing that, and Karen... doesn't really seem to be Karen anymore.

"Pleasure's all mine," she says, with the air of a cougar slightly out of her element. The hell happened to the tomboyish alcoholic who'd tear your face off at the first sign of confrontation?

Personal gripes aside, it's fine, but in no way is it worth four times the price of Stardew (plus the $15 of stupid DLC animal costumes), nor the comparative ~50% markup from what it originally cost on the GBA. Would recommend if you're really hankering for some Harvest Moon nostalgia, but only on steep discount.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
The Dragon's Dogma will be a success if someone makes a sincere review of the anime episodes: "They're masterworks all, you can't go wrong!"

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Baller Time posted:

Pretty sure DLSS 2.0 is running on hell energy or something

I didn't believe you but what in the gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMi3JpNBQeM

Hell energy

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ragequit posted:

I didn't believe you but what in the gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMi3JpNBQeM

Hell energy

what the gently caress

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Nvidia pushed an update recently (pre-May iirc, think they called it 2.0 even) that made DLSS more performant on as off. Plus poo poo looks better.

E
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0X1RtXCvPFQ

haldolium fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 15, 2020

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I'm still in what feels like the tutorial but here's some perspectives on Guijan 3

- It's in all ways shape and appearance a Chinese MMO adapted to a single player RPG game

- The VA seems kind of flat and effortless for the main "noble/dignified" NPCs but then the whiny enemies/kids are really expressive and excited

- The combat is shaping up to be fun, in a very arcade/action wuxia way. The only downside is due to the whole MMO thing every enemy has to be wailed on for 30 sec at least to kill it so far. There's a UI indicator that highlights the direction of incoming attacks and is color coded for blockable vs unblockable. Parrying doesn't seem that hard to get the timing but dodging is easier. Dodging has a stamina meter so you can't just endlessly roll around or you run out and take a hit at a bad time.

- The "Party" that follows you around seems next to useless unless they can cast heal on you.

- The story is making little to no sense and there's a lot of act breaks that just jump to another thing without explanation. I can assume it's not explaining stuff that Guijan franchise fans would be aware of but I haven't dived into the lore section of the start menu to read up on detail

All in all I'm still playing it here and there. With the whole MMO mechanics it makes boss fights a fair bit more interesting with the aoe debuffs you can see, blockable vs unblockable attacks, positioning and skill use. I'm seeing from reviews there's a fairly in depth base building and crafting/cooking mechanics which might be extremely my jam.

Wouldn't recommend yet unless you both like the MMO gameplay dynamic and the mid-budget Wuxia style presentation.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
2020 is what powers DLSS 2.0

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

No Wave posted:

https://steamcharts.com/app/1046930

wow, that's one hell of a player drop

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

exquisite tea posted:

The 20XX line has the magic tensor cores that apparently make the whole thing work, although it probably could be emulated since many DLSS 1.0 games didn't use them at all.

DLSS 1.0 is okay, but the 2.0 stuff that’s using the tensor cores is the stuff that has people all :wtc: where it looks better AND has like 50 percent better performance.

Death Stranding is insane, it’s the most hyped I’ve been over how a game looks since Half Life 2.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Personal gripes aside, it's fine, but in no way is it worth four times the price of Stardew (plus the $15 of stupid DLC animal costumes), nor the comparative ~50% markup from what it originally cost on the GBA. Would recommend if you're really hankering for some Harvest Moon nostalgia, but only on steep discount.

I'm just glad they're making PC ports now and I hope it sells well enough to get future installments that aren't remakes. Maybe Story of Seasons isn't as good as Stardew, but I have room in my life for more than one (though definitely not at full price). It amazes me that Stardew is still getting free patches instead of a sequel though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Probably gonna do a PC rebuild around when the 30XX cards are out, my current setup's served me well for close to five years but I have a feeling it'll begin struggling with Xbox Sex and PS5 era games. I'm also running on an i5 CPU so that's also in need of an upgrade . Might splurge for an '80ti this time around.