Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Pope Guilty posted:

I just did my first Blind Challenge. It took 94 seconds and I'm still annoyed at it.

Oh, it just gets better from there. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Falcon2001 posted:

Oh, it just gets better from there. :)

I'll bet, second one took 116 seconds and I spent the whole time just kind of making annoyed noises and wondering why I'm doing this when I've got nothing to daycare anyway.

E: And the third one 243, just too annoying to actually do these for no good reason. At least I'm doing them with about-to-push-into-Evil stats.

Pope Guilty fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 14, 2020

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
daycare is the primary way you level most late pendants/looties so it's pretty good

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Are people running daycares full of Pendants/Looties when not leveling gear? I have the highest version I've unlocked of each in there now getting levels but feel like I probably should be leveling the ones below it too to feed into the highest one when maxed.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I've only used daycare for one of the hearts so far (because I got a bunch of steambux during the sale and figured I'd toss cash at the creator), but boy is that reeeeeeeal slow at my point. 4 levels a day!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
you should always have a copy of the highest pendant/looty in your daycare because later on (don't remember when it starts) money pit starts giving you levels on everything in daycare. Also you'll have like 3-5 daycare slots and there's definitely enough room for extra things. Hearts are always top priority for daycare though.

Kin posted:

Nah, I've kinda just been powering through it as other than walderp there hasn't really been anything that's needed tactics so far.

Like, I just let the game run, quietly amassing numbers and then I go kill the next thing. It might not be the fastest, but its seen me through things so far.

I take it with wishes this is the point that evil really picks up in speed?

Edit: Oh and should i pretty much be dumping as much as i can into wishes now for progress? I Spend a good 5-10 hours of a 24 hour period just amassing augments, blood magic, wandoos etc to sustain/marginally grow my number to keep pushing up the bosses.

I'm at the Typo Zonw but still haven't even farmed the Godmother gear yet, so i was thinking I could probably sacrifice a lot of the the time i'm dumping into those areas at the expense of level gain as long as i make it up to the godmother.

I would at least go back and farm up all the Yggdrasil yield items and seed gain items to have on a set that you just swap to when eating fruits and immediately swap back. It's like two clicks and you'll get so much more XP out of fruit of knowledge. Also having all your best resource 3 gear on for a day when you drink the resource 3 pots and push hacks as hard as they can go helps boost your progress a lot. It is an idle game though, and a great one where there is no wrong way to play. numbers will go up regardless

Dumping as much as you can into wishes is good for the first few things, after that you want like 20% or less of E/M/3 in there. I think the rule of thumb is doubling the wish resources gives you like 10% more wish speed, so use your judgement there on putting more in vs running NGUs or whatever. Most of my wishes right now are like 8-10 hrs with ~5% resources so pumping extra isn't really worth it.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Oh, the pendant goes beyond one level?

Wait, Looty is also going to ascend? gently caress me.

To put this into perspective I'm pretty early:

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 15, 2020

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

END ME SCOOB posted:

oh boy are you in for a ride

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

oh jesus i've been playing this game for almost a year now and i think i'm going fairly slow compared to real optimization

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

how quaint

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Ah, fresh idlers...

Aurora posted:

how quaint

how quaint.
You have only begun your journey, come back when you've been offline for half a year, vaguely optimized gear with enough
perk points to maximize your fibonacci on your return.

:smug:

...But in all seriousness you're probably going to catch up to this ol inactive player and surpass sooner than later. The game only does so much when not running after all
now watch as someone comes in after this with one putting my idling to shame :v:

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jul 15, 2020

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

END ME SCOOB posted:

Oh my sweet summer child

You need 10000000000000000 forest pendants at lvl 0 to max out the pendant ascensions.

Same goes for Looty

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Lemme just go unblock those from dropping.

edit: oh I guess non-level 0 ones began dropping at some point. Everywhere. Welp. I am a tremendous idiot.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jul 15, 2020

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Fellis posted:

you should always have a copy of the highest pendant/looty in your daycare because later on (don't remember when it starts) money pit starts giving you levels on everything in daycare. Also you'll have like 3-5 daycare slots and there's definitely enough room for extra things. Hearts are always top priority for daycare though.

I would at least go back and farm up all the Yggdrasil yield items and seed gain items to have on a set that you just swap to when eating fruits and immediately swap back. It's like two clicks and you'll get so much more XP out of fruit of knowledge. Also having all your best resource 3 gear on for a day when you drink the resource 3 pots and push hacks as hard as they can go helps boost your progress a lot. It is an idle game though, and a great one where there is no wrong way to play. numbers will go up regardless

Dumping as much as you can into wishes is good for the first few things, after that you want like 20% or less of E/M/3 in there. I think the rule of thumb is doubling the wish resources gives you like 10% more wish speed, so use your judgement there on putting more in vs running NGUs or whatever. Most of my wishes right now are like 8-10 hrs with ~5% resources so pumping extra isn't really worth it.

Thankfully from the looks of things most of the items i've gotten rid of for seed/Yggdrasil gai are from titans so they'll naturally build up themselves after i stop filtering them.

Gotta go back and farm the candy corn necklace and infinity charm though. Hopefully it wont take long with the drop rate levels i have now.

I've also never been drinking any potions... I've probably been missing out on huge gains here and there.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

END ME SCOOB posted:

Lemme just go unblock those from dropping.

edit: oh I guess non-level 0 ones began dropping at some point. Everywhere. Welp. I am a tremendous idiot.

The higher versions will drop as you go, no need to farm the baseline ones. At most you want two of the highest version, one to equip and one to level in daycare, and maybe one each from a tier or two down to stack bonuses.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Big Mad Drongo posted:

The higher versions will drop as you go, no need to farm the baseline ones. At most you want two of the highest version, one to equip and one to level in daycare, and maybe one each from a tier or two down to stack bonuses.

Yeah. For instance, right now I'm between Godmother and Exile Titans. I have Ascended x6 Pendent and GALACTIC HERALD LOOTY in my equipment. I have two copies of the next tier down for each, one in daycare constantly leveling and one in my inventory to be swapped in when feeding the Money Pit. Then I have two copies of the tier below that which I get from killing Titans - so as they reach 100 I'll transform them and add to the copy in my inventory. Everything below that I've filtered out.

I'm building to a second copy of Ascended x6 and GALACTIC HERALD LOOTY so I can put those in my daycare. Once you have wishes unlocked, you get a wish to improve the Money Pit and the daycare/equipment levels become much more common results.

Kin posted:

So, if it came down to it, what's the better initial investment for AP.

The 250k for 25% faster wishes or the 225k for the Pink heart?

It'll probably take a week or two to level it up to 100 in the daycare anyway, by which time i might have another 250k in AP for the faster wishes so that might answer my own question.

Pink Heart for sure. It takes a long time to level so best to get started right away (it's like 3x as long as the hearts before it, I think 1 level per 24 hours base rate). Plus extra Wish slots are great for hammering out wishes that you've already hit the minimum time for, where 25% faster won't do much besides let you assign a few % less stats to it.

Gully Foyle fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jul 15, 2020

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kin posted:

Thankfully from the looks of things most of the items i've gotten rid of for seed/Yggdrasil gai are from titans so they'll naturally build up themselves after i stop filtering them.

Gotta go back and farm the candy corn necklace and infinity charm though. Hopefully it wont take long with the drop rate levels i have now.

I've also never been drinking any potions... I've probably been missing out on huge gains here and there.

I have tons of undrank potions also (mostly from spending money on an idle game :homebrew:), my usage has mainly been during days where I knock out a dozen challenges, and drinking the beta potions when I do a week long rebirth to push advanced training. The R3 potions are really good to dedicate an entire day to hacking and push hack hack another few milestones

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Uh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I honestly feel like I've been spinning my wheels in Sadistic without much progress for a long while now, just periodically ticking off a Quirk/Perk/Wish. Never really saw the PP/QP returns people were posting about and new gear/zone progress has been frozen for a while- although on checking it seems I'm able to push into Back To School so yay. idk, no feature seems to be really demanding my attention anymore and cards, while providing a lot of bonuses, were a somewhat bland mechanic.

NGU good, I'm just maybe burned out a little, idk, but progress hasn't felt as rewarding as it was in Normal/Evil for me. :shrug:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

KazigluBey posted:

I honestly feel like I've been spinning my wheels in Sadistic without much progress for a long while now, just periodically ticking off a Quirk/Perk/Wish. Never really saw the PP/QP returns people were posting about and new gear/zone progress has been frozen for a while- although on checking it seems I'm able to push into Back To School so yay. idk, no feature seems to be really demanding my attention anymore and cards, while providing a lot of bonuses, were a somewhat bland mechanic.

NGU good, I'm just maybe burned out a little, idk, but progress hasn't felt as rewarding as it was in Normal/Evil for me. :shrug:

Yeah I'm just a bit further than you and it has definitely slowed way down for me at this point, I was able to grind out all the gear for BTS and It Hungers v1 by doing a real long rebirth, like a couple weeks long, to build up the stats to reliably do it. Since then I've been doing daily rebirths again to build up exp but at this point it does feel like I'm super far from being able to take on IHv2 or the next adventure zone, even after maxing out all the gear from Back to School.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Is it a bad idea to level boosts when I'm like two days into NGU? As soon as I noticed I get bonuses from maxing items, I kinda stopped boosting anything and focused on leveling everything to 100 first.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Black Griffon posted:

Is it a bad idea to level boosts when I'm like two days into NGU? As soon as I noticed I get bonuses from maxing items, I kinda stopped boosting anything and focused on leveling everything to 100 first.

You'll pretty much always want to focus on boosting stuff first, since you only need to do it once. Boosts are important to boost because it permanently boosts the boost's boost.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Excellent, just needed to know I was doing the right thing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Samuringa I assume that's you in the Ordinal Markup discord? That boo person is no help at all ever

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
Does NGU have any super secret scripting engine or way to buy one?

I'm doing 24 hour challenges and I'm like: OK at 1.5 minutes click time machine and dump everything there, at 5 minutes click 1/4 idle energy and click charge shot twice and evergy buster once, at 15 minutes send energy and magic to wandows and extra to advanced training ... ... ... at one hour click harvest all>1 and then money put then rebirth.

Like I got a thing going and it could be scripted to like (push this button at this time) for this stage of the game.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
So I've managed to cap out the 4 talismans I have, I've got autosac running at 15m and things have kind of stalled out. I assume I need to get all these rune level researches and just powerlevel them because the other researches don't look like they're gonna help with pushing challenges very much. Has anyone here managed to snag another talisman? I kind of assume at this point anything you unlock you immediately blast up to red to juice your runes even more but it looks like a long slog since A isn't in yet.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Sibling of TB posted:

Does NGU have any super secret scripting engine or way to buy one?

I'm doing 24 hour challenges and I'm like: OK at 1.5 minutes click time machine and dump everything there, at 5 minutes click 1/4 idle energy and click charge shot twice and evergy buster once, at 15 minutes send energy and magic to wandows and extra to advanced training ... ... ... at one hour click harvest all>1 and then money put then rebirth.

Like I got a thing going and it could be scripted to like (push this button at this time) for this stage of the game.

Check out the Discord.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Eldercain posted:

So I've managed to cap out the 4 talismans I have, I've got autosac running at 15m and things have kind of stalled out. I assume I need to get all these rune level researches and just powerlevel them because the other researches don't look like they're gonna help with pushing challenges very much. Has anyone here managed to snag another talisman? I kind of assume at this point anything you unlock you immediately blast up to red to juice your runes even more but it looks like a long slog since A isn't in yet.

i haven't checked the discord in a week or so but i think common consensus was that the other talismans are impossible to achieve before the next content update

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
what's the best loadout for Challenge 10 in Synergistic from a talisman perspective, I was doing Speed/Prism/Intellect but I'm still only about 93% of the way there

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

what's the best loadout for Challenge 10 in Synergistic from a talisman perspective, I was doing Speed/Prism/Intellect but I'm still only about 93% of the way there

speed dupe thrift

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

1-2-4 for challenges, 1-3-5 the rest of the time. 3 red talismans did it in seconds.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Eldercain posted:

Yeah, you're at end-game. There's no way you're going to unlock the remaining talismans in this patch.

After you get all of the relevant researches that are affordable and actually provide a benefit right now, try to cap 4x24 and start to bump up 4x25 in anticipation for the new patch (which is in public testing right now), which introduces a new reset tier and currency. The reset is kind of brutal because you go back to no ants, no particles, no obtainium upgrades, no runes, nothing, and have to build it all back up again, all the way to C10x1, so you're looking at 2-3 days if not longer.

New Yorp New Yorp fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jul 15, 2020

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Jesus ok well I'll just keep doing researches then

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

debate insult me!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

That's a good deal and puts :tenbux: in 4g's pockets, good times.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I don't rebirth enough. I'm just now pushing seriously into The West World.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Black Griffon posted:

debate insult me!

If I was locked in a room with Hitler, Stalin and you, and I had a gun with 1 bullet, I'd make Hitler and Stalin play russian roulette with the gun and then slap you in the face.

Then we'd beat up whoever won russian roulette.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

something posted:

If I was locked in a room with Hitler, Stalin and you, and I had a gun with 1 bullet, I'd make Hitler and Stalin play russian roulette with the gun and then slap you in the face.

Then we'd beat up whoever won russian roulette.

aahhh yeah!

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

explosivo posted:

Are people running daycares full of Pendants/Looties when not leveling gear? I have the highest version I've unlocked of each in there now getting levels but feel like I probably should be leveling the ones below it too to feed into the highest one when maxed.

maybe put in 1 tier below but not really worth it past that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
You're supposed to keep every Looty/Pendant level so you can make a pretty rainbow with them.

The lack of a Looty with a lilac background :negative: