Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

pseudomonas posted:

Looks good!

Any coffee peeps care to recommend a small home espresso machine? I currently drink a poo poo load of black coffee from a bialetti moka pot. Was thinking of a la pavoni but this looks similar at 1/3 the price. Prefer less parts to service/ gently caress up (so maybe a manual machine?) But want something easy to operate and absolutely don't care about steaming milk

What you're looking for is an Aeropress. Looks like a weird sex toy. It's not even mechanical - it replicates the action and flavour of an espresso machine but substitutes steam pressure with air pressure, meaning you get an extremely consistent shot every time, and you can take them camping or whatever because it's the size of a thermos. The world coffee championships are usually won by baristas using aeropresses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I got one of those metal filters for my press and I think it hosed up the taste. Maybe the holes are too loose and its building enough pressure.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Outrail posted:

I got one of those metal filters for my press and I think it hosed up the taste. Maybe the holes are too loose and its building enough pressure.

If you are using the metal filter I find using the inverted method to pretty much be essential

pseudomonas
Mar 31, 2010
I actually have an aeropress that I use when I go camping which I kind of feel meh about. I feel like it's a bit fiddly to use every day and I want large volumes of coffee with less effort. Thanks for the recc tho, I never considered it as an every day coffee maker, no harm to give it a go.
Also thanks for the other suggestions, good stuff

pseudomonas
Mar 31, 2010

Sillybones posted:

My cousin turned into a complete nutjob talking about race wars and poo poo. He was always a bit on the off side growing up, but this is ridiculous. One of the smartest people I have ever known. The internet was a mistake.

My ex. Not race wars but defo Alex Jones, Sandy Hook conspiracy and increasingly offended by snowflakes, social justice warriors and the Antifa which is clearly is a sign of internet brain rot. But when pressed could never really define a snow flake or tell me why you wouldnt be against fascism. Also was once a smart dude. I think all that conspiracy theory right wing bullshit plays into people wanting to feel like the smartest person in a room esp for people who are good at stem but shite at politics/history/caring for other people

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

pseudomonas posted:

My ex. Not race wars but defo Alex Jones, Sandy Hook conspiracy and increasingly offended by snowflakes, social justice warriors and the Antifa which is clearly is a sign of internet brain rot. But when pressed could never really define a snow flake or tell me why you wouldnt be against fascism. Also was once a smart dude. I think all that conspiracy theory right wing bullshit plays into people wanting to feel like the smartest person in a room esp for people who are good at stem but shite at politics/history/caring for other people

People in STEM typically have either no politics or garbage opinions to begin with so it's very easy to push them over the threshold. Lots of libertarian / centrist-types that hate paying taxes and think people should just do an eng degree so they can get a "good job" like them.

Caesar Saladin posted:

Its been months since i quit smoking and most of the time i don't want a cigarette at all but sometimes I want one so badly, mostly when I'm having trouble waking up in the morning. Its weird the hold nicotine has on you, its like breaking up with a girl. Not like a dramatic breakup, but a sad one where you have to move away or something.

I was never a particularly heavy smoker but I still get the urge for a smoke at the weirdest times in the past few months. It's been nice to quit though, my health just feels way better in general and exercise is a bit easier.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here

Isaac posted:

My chest is sore i think my lungs are giving up

Same but my brain

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Muk Dumpster posted:

Same but my brain

*gazes sadly at crotch*

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Foggy morning in Melbourne

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
My sister ripped out a home birth yesterday and I sent her this as a way of saying 'wow incredible work' and she hasn't responded yet

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

man I don’t think I’d wanna see that either lmao

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think covid probably helped her decision not to give birth at a hospital even though she's not in a hot spot but now it's all done and dusted she's extremely proud of herself and her eventual response was 'how good is being a bloke' accompanied by the laughing so hard it's crying emoticon

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Looking back at that post im thankful I'm not stupid enough to have used the phrasing 'ripped out' in that message to her

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Jeez, nvj gets around.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Hypothetical: If the COVID contact tracers called you and asked you where you had been in the last 5 days how embarrassed would you be?

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I love the aeropress, I got the prismo or something filter and valve thingo and it makes a good coffee every morning. I ordered a pour over set the other day which should be delivered today or tomorrow so I'm keen to see what the quality of coffee it makes is like

Posting from a drug dealer phone, my pixel 4 is in for a warranty issue already (8 months old). Battery is hosed

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i dont know anything about any of those places but I can guarantee that anywhere that has a place branded as "Town Centre" is a loving shithole probably built on a swamp

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

i dont know anything about any of those places but I can guarantee that anywhere that has a place branded as "Town Centre" is a loving shithole probably built on a swamp

From the Narellan Town centre google reviews:

quote:

Q: I see lots of people with bare feet at Narellen is that allowed?
A: Sure is

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Hypothetical: If the COVID contact tracers called you and asked you where you had been in the last 5 days how embarrassed would you be?

Not very tbh

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

"Yeah, you'll want to give your mum a call"

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

From the Narellan Town centre google reviews:

Wait it's all legal?
Always has been

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Narellan is the middle of bumblefuck or Campbelltown region

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

One of my former colleagues used to drive to work near Parramatta from there and it was an hour each way on mostly motorways

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Honestly can't remember the last time I was more than 100km from my house. Don't even care, gently caress the rest of the world.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

I went to Carousel on a Saturday lunchtime so WA's cases would now be worse than America's.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Looks cool. What is it?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Almost an 8 bit computer

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Using a 6502 variant? Or something else?

I've always wanted to build myself a 6502 based computer from scratch and if not for kids and other hobbies I feel like it's something I could actually achieve now.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://eater.net/

This guy named Ben Eater makes tutorials on various breadboard computers.

Im doing the 8-bit computer one now and having a blast. The next one is 6502 which I might also try depending how much time I got on my hands.

I wouldnt have even attempted it normally, but I saw this guys videos and he explains everything so well I immediately went and ordered $150 of poo poo from digikey and got to work.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Aha, I've watched some of his videos too recently which is what got me thinking about it again. I considered ordering one of his kits but the shipping cost is loving crazy.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think if you get it as a kit with shipping its like $500 AUD for the 8-bit computer. I opted to try save money and get all the parts from the list myself and including shipping it worked out something like:

LS7400 chips + ram from digikey: $150
10x25ft solid core wire: $80
breadboards: $100
Switches/resistors/ LEDs/little things from jaycar: $50

I missed a couple of things so it woulda been nice to have the all-in-one kit, but not for the price

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Isaac posted:

I think if you get it as a kit with shipping its like $500 AUD for the 8-bit computer. I opted to try save money and get all the parts from the list myself and including shipping it worked out something like:

LS7400 chips + ram from digikey: $150
10x25ft solid core wire: $80
breadboards: $100
Switches/resistors/ LEDs/little things from jaycar: $50

I missed a couple of things so it woulda been nice to have the all-in-one kit, but not for the price

Food $50
Cigarettes $150
8 bit computer $3600
Rent $400

Someone good at money please help my family is starving

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

NVJ is your accountant

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
There's people who make replacement Amiga motherboard pcbs if you want a soldering challenge

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Use my tiny dink as a soldering wire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Cumming hot lead and flux