Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I am giving back to the community.

All laffs sent to the address below will be returned threefold for the next 10,000 years! You send me 10 laffs, I will send you back 12 guffaws and a quick giggle.

Laffchain address: asdfasdfasdffdsafdsafdaswankasdfasdf

Only good for the first 50 chucklebugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Decided to log into twitter for the first time in ages, and this is the first thing I see.

I believe the saying is 'I can't believe this site is free'.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

CampingCarl posted:

i think you mean 'ton'

sorry i should have said 10 :suicide:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

people like to make fun of the radium code but awful, confusing, sometimes offensive and hurtful code is much harder to hack than properly formatted code that makes sense and is readable by humans

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Boxturret posted:

sorry i should have said 10 :suicide:
you mean 'ko'

yeah i had to look these up

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
wait should i send my coins multiple times or can i only double once per tweet, only have 30 minutes don't want to mess this up :ohdear:

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Boxturret posted:

people like to make fun of the radium code but awful, confusing, sometimes offensive and hurtful code is much harder to hack than properly formatted code that makes sense and is readable by humans

all code is hurtful. no exceptions

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

A SECOND THEFT HAS HIT THE WINKLEVII

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/jgxd3d/twitter-insider-access-panel-account-hacks-biden-uber-bezos

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

lol is that screenshot real? Looks like shadowbanning is a thing. The coiners were right all along!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

the real shadow ban is posting on and reading twitter

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/ButtCoin/status/1283595290755424256

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Ditching Twitter except for SA thread embeds has been the most mental health positive choice ever.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

what's worse: twittering or going on to news websites and reading the comments on the articles

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/Janetha17190661/status/1283536226516119559

the greatest economic invention in the history of humanity

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Boxturret posted:

what's worse: twittering or going on to news websites and reading the comments on the articles

yes

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Boxturret posted:

buttcoin

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You could set off some funny fireworks with that kind of access but instead it s dumbass goddamn bitcoins, lame

worst ever at ping-pong
Jun 11, 2010

The Little Death posted:

lol is that screenshot real? Looks like shadowbanning is a thing. The coiners were right all along!

Which screenshot is this referring to?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jorgestolfi/status/1283721716037025794

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Stolfi never fails to entertain.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

unpacked robinhood posted:

You could set off some funny fireworks with that kind of access but instead it s dumbass goddamn bitcoins, lame

If they said the right things on Trump's account, they could have started World War 3.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

"Have decided to fully recognize Palestine, Tibet, Taiwan."

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

gschmidl posted:

"Have decided to fully recognize Palestine, Tibet, Taiwan."

"we have declared china illegal, the bombs drop in 5 minutes"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I have in a moment of clarity realised what I have done to this country and put all of you through, as of this moment I am stepping down as president of the united states. Later my mind may become again clouded and I might say that I never said this or that I don't want to step down, don't listen to that me, he is confused and scared.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
the drugs wore off theyre breaking on the door im not in control i was never in control its not me its not me please send h

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I found hillary's child sex dungeon and have accepted a job as its general manager

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

qirex posted:

I found hillary's child sex dungeon and have accepted a job as its general manager

are we quite sure that the trumps' plugs for canned beans aren't a hilarious prank being played by the twitter hackers

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

trump is an excellent, if tragic, example for the world to learn the difference between "country club racist" and "owns a country club racist"

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

qirex posted:

trump is an excellent, if tragic, example for the world to learn the difference between "country club racist" and "owns a country club racist"

goodness. which racist does he own???

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

im glad someone has confirmed that this is indeed good for bitcoin

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Boxturret posted:

news article comments usually have only tremendous, obvious idiots; twitter is full of those but also people who have a tiny shred of reason and still have the shittiest goddamn takes regardless which is a lot more depressing

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
yeah, i've spent all day just dealing with the twitter meltdown poo poo because 10:30pm last night foreign policy DMed me to ask for a piece and i only knew it had to conclude "this is good news for bitcoin"

i delivered the piece today and that's two paragraphs up, and the editor beat my crappy ramblings into article shape and basically it explains the doubler scam and that bitcoin is bank office poison, but holy poo poo Twitter could have been ended as a company last night, and they were lucky that this guy who got COMPLETE ACCESS TO loving EVERYTHIING used it to ... run a bitcoin scam

dunno when the piece is up, but it's off with the copy editors now

edit: also, i posted this a year ago and my psychic powers are wasted on bitcoin

https://twitter.com/davidgerard/status/1150889652766879744

Only registered members can see post attachments!

divabot fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jul 16, 2020

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Are we really at the penis stage already?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

let's be honest, when has bitcoin not been at the penis stage

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Paladinus posted:

Are we really at the penis stage already?

other astronaut, with gun: "Always has been."

31 august 2008: penis

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

dick quack

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

duck dicks are are an example of the free market at work and furthermore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Here's my Foreign Policy piece on the twitter bitcoin thing: plain version and cultural preservation version