Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Please... no more sniper gulag :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

I kinda hate lethals and nonlethals in gulag too.

Bring back pistols only.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

VLK is unbelievably good in one situation: Shipment

Other than that, meh

Sometimes I run it as a secondary in indoor-heavy maps

Basically any shotgun is stupid good in shipment though. Maaaaybe not the 680. Maaaybe. The pumping takes too long for the frantic pace of the map, and it doesn’t have the option for a quick follow up shot like the R9-0 does. But any other shotgun will run all over the other team nearly effortlessly.

I really need to mix up my shotgun selection more, though, I basically only use the R9-0 these days.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Ran into a legit hacker in my first game. Lock on headshots in core mode, was like 30+ kills and zero deaths within a minute or so. Next highest was uh, like 4 kills. Report him but welp.

edit: What gun is a one shot kill to the chest? It was some silenced semi-auto (maybe?) gun.

appropriatemetaphor fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jul 16, 2020

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Sniper gulag is a win for me 9 out of 10 times. Just rush them and melee with your rifle, it takes two hits but you always get the first hit out of surprise, so you'll win even if they start to melee back.

Usually I suck in the gulag so I like snipers.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I tried out the 680 for the first time using the “muck and mire” blueprint in hardcore and I swear to god I could not miss with that and being hardcore would just oneshot everything.

It was only good on tighter maps like crash, hardhat etc but even on cheshire there are some good spots to wait for folks to run around a corner and boom.

The combo of pellet spread and hardcore deadliness makes it very potent indeed. Now I just want to unlock dragon’s breath rounds.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Windmill Hut posted:

Sniper gulag is a win for me 9 out of 10 times. Just rush them and melee with your rifle, it takes two hits but you always get the first hit out of surprise, so you'll win even if they start to melee back.

Usually I suck in the gulag so I like snipers.

I'm yet to have that work. Either I get 360 quick scoped by a monster energy drink golem, or the other person has the same idea and hits me in the face with a molotov.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Enigma posted:

I'm yet to have that work. Either I get 360 quick scoped by a monster energy drink golem, or the other person has the same idea and hits me in the face with a molotov.

^^^^^^

Fist rush, no stopping. Win 3/4ths. Try to stay outside their camera.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It seems like doing some damage to someone from a heli side-seat, then jumping out and downing and killing them after leaving the copter credits you for 'get kills or assists while in a vehicle' challenges, which makes them a little easier and more fun.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Man the Fal is insane :psyduck: what's the attachment that gives it the one shot kill?

Wait it just kinda does that by default? Seems too buff!

appropriatemetaphor fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 16, 2020

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Sniper gulag is the poo poo because it lets you channel your inner martini-henry

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Can’t wait until RPG gulag is a thing.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Holy gently caress I found a setting called sharpening in the Nvidia panel and turned it on and now I can actually see poo poo in this game, is this really what it looked like for everyone else?!?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Enigma posted:

Holy gently caress I found a setting called sharpening in the Nvidia panel and turned it on and now I can actually see poo poo in this game, is this really what it looked like for everyone else?!?

Let’s see some before and afters.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Might tomorrow, shut it down for the night.

I was getting bizarre anti-aliasing that might not show in a screenshot well. What's the easiest way to get video into something I can post?

I had white showing through where doors met, weird diagonal shading glitches that moved as I did. Distant objects kind of melted together into a jagged mess.

Now it's, like, clean.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is from the destiny thread.

Rubellavator posted:

Shadowplay to capture, Avidemux to clip (use copy codec so it doesn't recompress), uploaded straight to imgur.

Which turns out like

Rubellavator posted:

https://i.imgur.com/HkikftD.mp4 here's me having more fun in 6 seconds of pvp than the entire last year of pve.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

big advocate for the 680 here. with the right timing, it can ruin days and empower gays in shipment all day. I don't know what that means.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Black Griffon posted:

big advocate for the 680 here. with the right timing, it can ruin days and empower gays in shipment all day. I don't know what that means.

What barrel do you use the most? I just unlocked the 14” and it adses p fast but the 18” seems to have the edge in hitting a bit further out without a choke. Haven’t gotten whatever the next barrel is though.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I run the 680 with the 30" barrel, DB, the big rear end suppressor and no stock.

still get to VTOL on shipment at least once a game. shipment becomes significantly easier to do well on if you stop sprinting everywhere and only use spring to get away from poo poo.

but yeah if you havent got 5-10 kills before you have to reload you are in for a bad time.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Macaluso posted:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

priznat posted:

What barrel do you use the most? I just unlocked the 14” and it adses p fast but the 18” seems to have the edge in hitting a bit further out without a choke. Haven’t gotten whatever the next barrel is though.

With the mags, the barrel option is removed, so I use a mono suppressor or choke depending on which one looks best with my particular setup. Before that (or if I'm not using mags) I stuck to the 18" liberator.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
Only a fool would grab a most wanted this late in the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNLEzYTp-74

Has the scorpion showed up in the data mining info yet?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Did they play test the spawning in this game?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

We Know Catheters posted:

Did they play test the spawning in this game?

Yes. In case you haven't figured it out from the spawns being like this for every CoD game since the dawn of time, it's intentional.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
It’s actually nowhere near as bad as it used to be, CoD4 would spawn me in explosions all the time.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Having not played much for a couple of weeks I've jumped back in and I have to give a lot of respect to the developers for accurately replicating the misery of spending time in London

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

Any negative shotgun opinions I have are strictly warzone related. I find them all to range from decent to great in multi.

The amount of time it takes to down someone in WZ with a VLK is comical. I'm pretty sure an X16 will win every time against it. It is absolutely cursed.

Pretty sure you can 2 shot kill with the fire VLK in warzone.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
If I want to complete this 'in warzone revive a teammate 15 times using the kiosk' ribbon I'm basically obliged to play with goons right because I've been trying with pubbies and by the time I have $4,500 all of my teammates have died and quit

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Alt f10 is the default shortcut for capturing your instant replay with Shadow play. Note that f10 mutes the game so give it a tap after doing the shortcut

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

If you have VLC it has a built in clip function that is super fast.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Man, Cheshire Park sure is just a really bad map, huh?

Way too exposed on every lane, so many corners to hole up in and just never move, the only chance for close combat is the buildings at either end people just hole up in with snipers, and the hardpoint locations are universally garbage.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Sniper gulag is so much better than the full auto gulag where you just sat in the spawn

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Man, Cheshire Park sure is just a really bad map, huh?

Way too exposed on every lane, so many corners to hole up in and just never move, the only chance for close combat is the buildings at either end people just hole up in with snipers, and the hardpoint locations are universally garbage.

I feel the same way about Piccadilly.

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013
Haven't played since the day the new path of exile league dropped

Went in today, managed to pull like a 0.5kd in every game I played. Every kill, died to someone locking on the yellow "you" tag through a wall, after blatantly locking 1-2+ other people first

KD before was only 1.04mp (thanks damascus grind) / 1.6wz... this is like, 2015 CSGO levels of bad. Every single match, blatant cheats. Did something go wrong on the anticheat?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Terminal autist posted:

Sniper gulag is so much better than the full auto gulag where you just sat in the spawn

Oh yeah players totally don't sit in spawn with a sniper

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

I like Cheshire Park. It's not that hard to clear the lanes if your team isn't absolutely terrible. Smoke, FMJ the obvious sniper nests, go the other way around and flank, etc. Most of the center of the map like the main courtyard, and the building/small courtyard on opposite sides, is fairly close.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Macaluso posted:

It's much easier to deal with than when they had a full auto

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Macaluso posted:

Lot easier to run at a dude when he has a HDR than a m4 hth

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Terminal autist posted:

Lot easier to run at a dude when he has a HDR than a m4 hth

Man you guys get lucky in your gulags I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I was playing HC last night and cheshire park was great. I was using a Syd skin and I swear she blends in really well both skin tone and outfit in the pub, I had several people walk right by and not spot me so I would kali stick/680 them from behind. Others would come in and not see me and seemingly ignore the pile of bodies and then join them :haw: