Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

that post-wreck interview was all-time, holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/NASCAR_Alerts/status/1283543448209911810

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/Noah_Lewis1/status/1283544958721560578

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

He's not wrong. McDowell is in the Kvapil/Sorenson/Gilliland group of guys who overstayed their welcome by several seasons.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Austin Wayne Self also showing his rear end.

https://twitter.com/koreyl29_8/status/1283549127662538754?s=21

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
who tf is Clint Bowyer

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Of course the guy with a part-time Barstool sponsorship wins the fan vote, someone should've brought back the Dogecoin car for this.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

skaboomizzy posted:

Of course the guy with a part-time Barstool sponsorship wins the fan vote, someone should've brought back the Dogecoin car for this.

Bubba won it, Clint was second.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

iwentdoodie posted:

Bubba won it, Clint was second.

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck2/status/1283553368657375232?s=19

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Well, hell. I read a tweet that said otherwise.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
in hindsight I did like Bowyer a lot more from iRacing, maybe that actually earned him fans

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
All these intros are showing me is that to be a modern cup driver you are not allowed to have an rear end.

Whole lotta hank hill motherfuckers

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

The driver introductions were pretty cool. I'm hype for this race.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

The lights look so bad jfc

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Ungratek posted:

The lights look so bad jfc

Yeah, they're a misfire. What makes it worse is I was expecting full underbody, not "Whoa, Kurt Busch's car is on fire!".

Also, if you're just glancing at it, Kyle's 18 numeral gets lost in the M&M's. It's almost like it's one of the "M"s.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CBJSprague24 posted:

Yeah, they're a misfire. What makes it worse is I was expecting full underbody, not "Whoa, Kurt Busch's car is on fire!".

Also, if you're just glancing at it, Kyle's 18 numeral gets lost in the M&M's. It's almost like it's one of the "M"s.

Cars look like rear end, lights are dumb as poo poo since it's just the bumper. Choose cone is cool and good.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

iwentdoodie posted:

Cars look like rear end, lights are dumb as poo poo since it's just the bumper. Choose cone is cool and good.

I'm cool with the Choose Cone.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

The number position is dumb because the cars are so inconsistent and unrecognizable. The number is the consistent identity.

Especially tonight.
Blaney is a red and yellow thing? Chase is a mint green and white bank or something? Harvick is Busch Rosé?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Move this to a more exciting track, like Fontana

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

shyduck posted:

Move this to a more exciting track, like Fontana

I will loving cut you.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Yo, that sucked.

Pinecone Sample posted:

The number position is dumb because the cars are so inconsistent and unrecognizable. The number is the consistent identity.

Especially tonight.
Blaney is a red and yellow thing? Chase is a mint green and white bank or something? Harvick is Busch Rosé?

Chase Elliott's green and white UniFirst had a NAPA logo on the sides which was...blue. Checks out.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I am sure McDowell's beef history with minorities is mere coincidence.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

hunnert car pileup posted:

I am sure McDowell's beef history with minorities is mere coincidence.

Hes a white self identified christian, so surely its innocent.

Worst winner, great track, bad race.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Super excited to see the covid cluster that comes out of this in a couple weeks.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Didn’t watch the race but just saw a clip of the lights, how did NASCAR manage to gently caress up that easy slam dunk wth

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
That was a bad event but at least lots of people are going to die because of it

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Wore an old Mark Martin hat in to work today, stopped for gas. Older white guy with Dale stickers on his truck starts talking about the race last night, and how he was happy "that thug" got wrecked.

Yet again reminded why I never wear stock car poo poo and why I stopped giving a poo poo about this sport for years on end.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

Wore an old Mark Martin hat in to work today, stopped for gas. Older white guy with Dale stickers on his truck starts talking about the race last night, and how he was happy "that thug" got wrecked.

Yet again reminded why I never wear stock car poo poo and why I stopped giving a poo poo about this sport for years on end.

Should have said "at least that thug had enough sense to have his seat belt tight so he could walk away from the wreck".

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CBJSprague24 posted:

Should have said "at least that thug had enough sense to have his seat belt tight so he could walk away from the wreck".

That's how you get shot in Florida.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

You can only praise Dale in Florida. No raising hell, and certainly no burning down Applebee's!

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
praise dale.

stage racing is dumb

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Nis posted:

stage racing is dumb

Dale Earnhardt has no stage wins in his career.

What a bum

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/1284211247722856448?s=21

"Whether you are looking for an opportunity to minister within motor sports, or are already serving within a racing community, the Motor Racing Outreach Association (MROA) is designed for you. The MROA offers individuals affiliation, training, direction, networking, accountability and financial stewardship to pursue and continue ministry within the world of motor sports.

There are countless motor sports communities that dot America, from oval tracks to dirt tracks, from two wheels to boats, and the need has never been greater for men and women to be the fragrance of Christ in these communities.

As a member of the Motor Racing Outreach Association you can be the light of Christ in these communities...serving others in the exciting world of motor sports!"

Nah

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

think of all the money motorsports could save if they canceled the stupid rear end invocation.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

the name "Front Row Motorsports" really misses the mark

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

They did have that 1-2 "front row" finish once at Talladega. Ragan was miles better than McDowell though

Oh god I just realized JH Nemechek the other FRM driver is "Front Row" Joe's son. Joe has no relation to the team. I hate everything

shyduck fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 17, 2020

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

chamois posted:

the name "Front Row Motorsports" really misses the mark

It's a classic thing with backmarker teams, the name being a lie about the team. Front Row, GoFas, Petty.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

kidcoelacanth posted:

It's a classic thing with backmarker teams, the name being a lie about the team. Front Row, GoFas, Petty.

i mean it's probably harder to attract a sponsor if your name was Last Row, GoSlo, or Important.

Beachbum30
Feb 13, 2006

by Pragmatica
good winner at the all star race

so all you racist feel about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S5OH2vhRXs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrwsRc31TFc

hahah how you dummies will say this is racist because these guys dont agree with your racism. you guys are stupid.

bullets to all you guys haha dummys

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

yawn