Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
placenta cake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Mr.Radar posted:

I'm pretty sure there's a piece of glass under the nachos(?) but still :staredog:

Oh poo poo you are right. I didnt see that. But yeah...still.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Whooping Crabs posted:

placenta cake

Paging Elise.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Whooping Crabs posted:

placenta cake

Just waiting for the bedpan cake with chocolate pudding and corn for authenticity.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

You know, I had already stopped thinking of fancy sculpture cakes as food, and now they're trying to steal ground from actual food, since in theory this theoretically edible sculpture can be much more carefully crafted for the cameras than any actual food.

Move over chocolate sauce coffee, shaving cream pie, steamed tampons, toothpick construction, motor oil maple syrup, and shampoo cereal milk, cake is coming onto the scene. The cancer of cake art has metastasized.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

SlothfulCobra posted:

The cancer of cake art has metastasized.

Brain tumor cake

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Whooping Crabs posted:

Brain tumor cake

That’s a pretty cowardly way to deliver the news.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

AlbieQuirky posted:

Que triste.

Good news, though, the white stuff that looks like mayonnaise is probably requeijão cremoso, which is a slightly tangy liquid cream cheese.

yeah, but what about the stuff that looks like banana pudding

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

my dad used to work with a huge powerlifter dude that would eat an 8 pack of hotdogs cold out of the package and half a loaf of wonderbread with 2 glasses of whole milk for lunch when he was bulking

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/1ndls5/status/1283024605490352128

:lol:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

Looks like a breaded and deep fried whole potato.

That bit I get and appreciate, but I'm not sure what the stuff in the middle is. My instinctive read is clotted cream but I would hope it isn't that.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

That bit I get and appreciate, but I'm not sure what the stuff in the middle is. My instinctive read is clotted cream but I would hope it isn't that.

Sour cream, probably.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

The Bloop posted:

Bar S are usually only a dollar in the regular store but I guess it depends on the pack quantity. They are the absolute worst though, yeah

A lot of stuff at Dollar Tree is fine in theory, often just smaller sizes, but I know enough about that company to not trust anything from there that ever required refrigeration.
Steakums are actual New York strips, but sliced paper thin and they shrivel up to nothing. Spend one dollar on steak and get what you pay for.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
steakums are materially better at twitter than meat product makin

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

I feel like you're building up some sort of file of us every time we go "WOULD" to some of this.

But gently caress it. WOULD.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Maybe a meal for a picky toddler?

"Thank you for the bottom? of my brain"? :confused:

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I've never seen hotdogs in the dollar stores around here. I've seen corn on the cob, though, which worries me. Something about corn shrink wrapped and sitting on the shelf next to 5 for $1 ramen packets seems very weird to me.

A friend told me it's actually not bad at all but I've never tried it.

I don't know what this is.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Tiggum posted:

Maybe a meal for a picky toddler?

"Thank you for the bottom? of my brain"? :confused:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart is a common expression for showing extreme gratitude. I'm guessing this is a cake meant for whoever helped them with a stroke or embolism or something.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RoboRodent posted:

I've never seen hotdogs in the dollar stores around here. I've seen corn on the cob, though, which worries me. Something about corn shrink wrapped and sitting on the shelf next to 5 for $1 ramen packets seems very weird to me.

A friend told me it's actually not bad at all but I've never tried it.

stuffed tripe

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Oooooh I thought it said "thank you for the balloon of my brain."

... I wasn't really reading closely but I did think it was a pretty sardonic thing to call your tumor.

RoboRodent posted:

Missing the ring is what it is.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Randaconda posted:

stuffed tripe

Ah. I have not had the pleasure.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

If I ever have a tumor I'm gonna announce it to my loved ones by making a cake in the shape of the affected organ that reveals a big ugly lump when you cut it. Welcome to my cancer reveal party, assholes.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Butterfly Valley posted:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart is a common expression for showing extreme gratitude. I'm guessing this is a cake meant for whoever helped them with a stroke or embolism or something.

Yes, "from the bottom", not "for the bottom"

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/_door__matt_/status/1283468634665385986?s=20

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
would. At first I recoiled, but then I imagined the taste combo and it's probably not bad at all. :colbert:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ice cream is just cold mayonnaise.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

Ice cream is just cold mayonnaise.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

But what if, mayonnaise ice cream

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kauW8chLseM

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Butter is room temperature ice cream.

Mayo is a warm custard.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I had sage ice cream once. It tasted like stuffing.

Which was extremely bizzare but not enough to stop me eating it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Mayo and Butter are also generally cold in my experience
Not AS cold obviously

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

TheAardvark posted:

would. At first I recoiled, but then I imagined the taste combo and it's probably not bad at all. :colbert:

same. like dipping fries in your frosty

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I get really annoyed on Chopped when there's someone in the ice cream maker or the drop fryer so nobody else can use it. I get that these are probably intended as "choke points" to shake up the order of progress or force a change in plans, but it doesn't seem quite fair to me for a cooking competition to throw wrenches into the kitchen when there's already an awful mystery basket in play.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

I get really annoyed on Chopped when there's someone in the ice cream maker or the drop fryer so nobody else can use it. I get that these are probably intended as "choke points" to shake up the order of progress or force a change in plans, but it doesn't seem quite fair to me for a cooking competition to throw wrenches into the kitchen when there's already an awful mystery basket in play.

yeah, i agree, limiting the amount of ice cream makers or fryers is bullshit- especially when there are plenty of food processors/meat grinders/all other types of specialty equipment. when the show first started they would do stuff like short stock butter and herbs to create more of a mad dash in the beginning of a round for ingredients

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Why bother with a cooking show why not just have a battle royale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Who doesn't want a piece of rear end now and then?