Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dunno how legit this guy is:

quote:

https://twitter.com/RadioHarrison/status/1283609989169512449

Front office and team personnel loving media members in exchange for scoops and leaks. Protecting leadership, coaches, players from getting in trouble with their wives, etc and then using that information for blackmail, leaks and to keep people obedient (Gruden, Allen, McLovin).

it's a massive boys club + mafia-style organization where the loyal are protected and act with impunity while a gaggle of media reporters are all heavily aware and involved in all the above information - but say nothing because access is gold in a major sports media market.

We can trace this back to the catfish no one looked into because they were all feeding "her" scoops (JLC), RG3's dick pics, the cheerleader scandal, all the way up to today when almost every real story broken by media is a leak made available through horse-trading.

It's the most toxic organization in sports for over a decade. To think that level of toxicity wasn't pervasive off the football field is naive. They trot out fan favorites as window dressing while talentless leaders keep jobs because it's too dangerous not to. That's over now.

An ongoing joke in Washington has been "Bruce Allen must have something on Dan Snyder..."

Yeah, that wassn't a joke. And I guess we'll know the details tomorrow.

There's also this:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

If true this would be an embarrassment but it’s hardly some franchise shattering revelation.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Breaking news:

The Washington Slurs suck rear end and have for a long time

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

If that’s the real story then it will just be Cheerleader Scandal 2 and nothing will come of it.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Oh poo poo! "lawyers are involved"
Watch out now.

Edit: The longer this drags out the more convinced I am its a big ol nothing.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I can't believe the entire front office was trapping and raping lawyers.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think it was fiz that trolled Clausen on twitter calling him Pickles and making him lose his mind? I remember that being funny

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

kiimo posted:

I think it was fiz that trolled Clausen on twitter calling him Pickles and making him lose his mind? I remember that being funny

Fiz caught him bragging about a fake girlfriend.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Fiz caught him bragging about a fake girlfriend.

Wasn't she like 16 or something too?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Kalli posted:

I can't believe the entire front office was trapping and raping lawyers.

this is kind of in poor taste :/

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

deedee megadoodoo posted:

If that’s the real story then it will just be Cheerleader Scandal 2 and nothing will come of it.

I dunno, if Snyder is actually involved, I don't think the other owners would take it well that an owner was being blackmailed

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

A big flaming stink posted:

On something awful? Of all places!!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

if it implicated a bunch of the local beat writers that would explain why everyone is being so cagey about it

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

A big flaming stink posted:

I know, the poor front office

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If I had to guess at a time this might drop, I'd guess at 4 or 5 pm EST today, that's generally around when WaPo likes to drop major news pieces.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

well this will increase the story's profile

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1283798437658599424

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

the story, is real

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

this is gonna end a bunch of careers.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

FizFashizzle posted:

lol believing this in 2020 america

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

FizFashizzle posted:

For five minutes.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Imagine being so hated that the looming shadow of a story that threatens you has not just most of social media, but most of the professional class in your field agitating for its release and hoping and wishing how bad it is

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

FizFashizzle posted:

Not at all

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It better happen

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

That's not how the NFL works.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

this is going to end the nfl itself

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Tom Brady has retired just hearing what this news might possibly be about, and he has nothing to do with it

All will fall to their knees and scream out to their uncaring lord when the Washington news comes out and reveals the horrifying truth

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Can't wait to read about how unfairly Dan Snyder was cancelled after he makes 2 Billion dollars selling the team

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Turns out the Washington football team was just one producers act all these years

Whoopsie!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I hope we get something like the Donald Sterling handwriting transcript out of this

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Beth Wilkinson is a very high profile hire. She just represented Judge Sullivan in connection with Michael Flynn's mandamus petition to the DC Circuit, I'm pretty sure. So something decently serious is happening.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 16, 2020

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I originally thought it would be something along the lines of them revealing a paper trail to Snyder that proves he covered up the cheerleading scandal (which on its own should've forced out the whole lot) , but the recent tweet by Shefter makes me think it's now more about some "toxic culture," which is probably also bad but lacks the same smoking gun and will probably just lead to people apologizing for nebulous harm without taking any responsibility.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
So did Snyder agree to the name change now because he knew this was coming out and wanted to try to cover it up?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Athanatos posted:

So did Snyder agree to the name change now because he knew this was coming out and wanted to try to cover it up?

That's still all absolutely about the money. This is just a pain in his rear end until proven otherwise.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I think the name change was more about fed ex and Nike forcing it.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

A bit of lighter news while we wait for the hammer to fall on the Washington Football Team...
https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/7/16/21326295/bidet-manufacturer-tushy-first-company-to-take-aim-at-naming-rights-for-bills-stadium

quote:

Orchard Park is the crown jewel of the New York sporting landscape and one of the great environments in football. The city houses the stadium for the Buffalo Bills and, maybe more importantly, is home to the Bills Mafia. The fans who are part of the Bills Mafia love their traditions and possess a continued fondness for them. This includes drinking alcohol out of bowling balls, jumping through tables, and spraying ketchup on each other.

With the news that New Era is dropping naming rights to the Bills stadium, TUSHY – a provider of bidet attachments that transforms any traditional toilet into a booty wonderland – would like to announce a bid of up to $12,500,000 for the naming rights to the stadium and name it “TUSHY Stadium.”

Additionally, TUSHY would like to deploy portable toilets equipped with its bidet across parking lots and tailgating venues for every Bills home game in 2020 and 2021.

Lastly, assuming the offer is accepted, TUSHY would like to work to bring a college football bowl game to Orchard Park and host the first-ever “Toilet Bowl.”

Please take some time to consider our offer.

I very much look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,

Miki Agrawal

Founder of TUSHY
Yes, TUSHY, is a company that makes bidets, I wonder if there is some reason they would bother commenting, some thing Bills fans have been repeatedly caught on camera doing that are butt-related? :iiam:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/J_No24/status/1283612952856334336

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

A bit of lighter news while we wait for the hammer to fall on the Washington Football Team...
https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/7/16/21326295/bidet-manufacturer-tushy-first-company-to-take-aim-at-naming-rights-for-bills-stadium

Yes, TUSHY, is a company that makes bidets, I wonder if there is some reason they would bother commenting, some thing Bills fans have been repeatedly caught on camera doing that are butt-related? :iiam:

Lmao their website is definitely not tushy .com

Now I hope they get the sponsorship and every time they post their website the fans remove the hello part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brain Curry posted:

Lmao their website is definitely not tushy .com

Now I hope they get the sponsorship and every time they post their website the fans remove the hello part.

I guessed Tushy.cleaning and it's blocked by my work VPN, so now I'm very curious what's on that site.