Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's really weird thinking back to a few years ago when the forum had a load of muskrats getting all giddy about spacex and now he's a punchline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

OwlFancier posted:

It's really weird thinking back to a few years ago when the forum had a load of muskrats getting all giddy about spacex and now he's a punchline.

I don't mind the SpaceX people as much as the Tesla people. Space is kinda cool regardless who's hand is at the till, and I think Musk is mostly a money man at SpaceX, where he belongs. Tesla fanboys cover up fatal flaws, excuse dangerous labor practices, and laud fuckups as master plans.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Brawnfire posted:

I don't mind the SpaceX people as much as the Tesla people. Space is kinda cool regardless who's hand is at the till
Actual space people are pretty pissed at musk's astronomy ruining kesslersats

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

That one line about Musk in Star Trek Discovery is still pretty cringeworthy though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Brawnfire posted:

I don't mind the SpaceX people as much as the Tesla people. Space is kinda cool regardless who's hand is at the till, and I think Musk is mostly a money man at SpaceX, where he belongs. Tesla fanboys cover up fatal flaws, excuse dangerous labor practices, and laud fuckups as master plans.

My friends boss had her house burn down recently and the fire started in the garage where the Tesla was parked and charging(?)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Splicer posted:

Actual space people are pretty pissed at musk's astronomy ruining kesslersats

That's a good point, though. I mostly think of the rocket experimentation which seems like an efficacious path of development, but the comsats are worrying.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

Before, he knew the value of posture by saying less. Nothing destroys romanticism like getting to know the reality.

Eighties ZomCom posted:

That one line about Musk in Star Trek Discovery is still pretty cringeworthy though.
Almost everything about Star Trek Discovery has been pretty cringe.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
learning a lot of good nicknames on this page, muskrats and kesslersats.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't know if muskrats is a thing it's just what I always think of when I think of musk fanboys.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's a thing now, babe! I just called my cousin one on Facebook. Thank you.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Suppose it's apt given it's a rodent known for smelling bad and digging tunnels where they aren't wanted.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Brawnfire posted:

That's a good point, though. I mostly think of the rocket experimentation which seems like an efficacious path of development, but the comsats are worrying.

noncomsats

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I call them “Musketeers”.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Platystemon posted:

I call them “Musketeers”.

More like Musktears

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

OwlFancier posted:

I don't know if muskrats is a thing it's just what I always think of when I think of musk fanboys.

UrbanDictionary has an entry for this, so it's at least been used before.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/kellyhugheswal1/status/1283692951806160896?s=20
https://twitter.com/kellyhugheswal1/status/1283696015686553600?s=20

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Let's see the whole footage of JFK's assassination, not just the clickbaity Zapruder film meant to anger us. Maybe the full context shows that he deserved it!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Those officers might've felt really genuinely threatened by that man in a wheelchair. He is black, after all.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean did you see what that old guy in Buffalo did when they pushed him over? He could have got blood on them! :ohdear:

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Data Graham posted:

I mean did you see what that old guy in Buffalo did when they pushed him over? He could have got blood on them! :ohdear:

No, the president said he could ne an antifa spy trying to kill the cops! This wheelchair guy must have been a spy too! That chair is totally filled with c4 or guns or pitbulls!

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Elblanco posted:

No, the president said he could ne an antifa spy trying to kill the cops! This wheelchair guy must have been a spy too! That chair is totally filled with c4 or guns or pitbulls!

Wheelchair guy was no angel. I have it on good authority that he's been photographed doing gang signs on several occasions, and my friend who is a cop says he smelled weed on him.

Swear to God if someone thinks I'm being serious I will walk directly into the ocean

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/ericrweinstein/status/1283483807975260160?s=21

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

"I know how black people have suffered because I'm an unpleasant dork" sure is a take.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

What a coward, just admit you wish the South had won and cut out the BS.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs

"I don't like changes"

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Such massive projection since the entire lost cause mythos is an Orwellian rewriting of history to whitewash treason in the name of slavery.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

"[Black] people are making more [righteous progress] out of something [removing symbols of systemic racism, oppression] than what it needs to be [which is none]"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nastyman posted:

"I don't like changes"
I literally work with over a dozen autistic people every single day and they are far more flexible to change in routine than idiots like that have been over getting rid of the statues.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
That is some pathetic backtracking like wtf:

"The statue and what it depicts isn't the point." No, it is in fact incredibly the point.
"It's merely a picture." Then get rid of it.

But really though it's the last bit that does it for me:
"That's the problem...people making more out of something than what it needs to be."

Is that the problem? You CLEARLY wanted to draw the comparison between confederate statue removal and an oppressive 1984 regime. Then you got called out on how loving stupid it is and now suddenly "it's just a picture LOL." I just goddamn hate this kind of disingenuous poo poo so much because people do it irl and pull all kinds of Calm Hitler poo poo like this where they're "just asking questions" then get all smug when you get irritated with them.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Soylent Pudding posted:

Such massive projection since the entire lost cause mythos is an Orwellian rewriting of history to whitewash treason in the name of slavery.

This is the most successful argument I've found for changing people's minds (egarding that slaver dude in Bristol who got dunked in the harbour. Turns their "remember history!" thing back round on em.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

lol didn't history books in the south reframe the entire civil war as an act of aggression by the Union for, like, a century? And these statues were built off of that bullshit reframing?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

As an autistic person, gently caress this guy.

Guess what: some black people are neurodivergent too, and they get arrested for stuff like having a PTSD-induced meltdown after a car accident or having a meltdown after having the cops called on them for "acting suspicious" (i.e. waiting outside a library before it opened) or being framed by a "friend" for stealing a cell phone. If you care about neurodivergent people, you have to care about people of color. For that matter, you have to care about women, and LGBT people, and immigrants, and poor people, and physically disabled people. All these groups contain ND people. None of them should be considered acceptable losses in the struggle for our rights.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Grimdude posted:

That is some pathetic backtracking like wtf:

"The statue and what it depicts isn't the point." No, it is in fact incredibly the point.
"It's merely a picture." Then get rid of it.

But really though it's the last bit that does it for me:
"That's the problem...people making more out of something than what it needs to be."

Is that the problem? You CLEARLY wanted to draw the comparison between confederate statue removal and an oppressive 1984 regime. Then you got called out on how loving stupid it is and now suddenly "it's just a picture LOL." I just goddamn hate this kind of disingenuous poo poo so much because people do it irl and pull all kinds of Calm Hitler poo poo like this where they're "just asking questions" then get all smug when you get irritated with them.

Jon Oliver said it best a few years ago: "Statues are not how we record history."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5b_-TZwQ0I

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/JamesBarry1789/status/1283180174331215872

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Jon Oliver said it best a few years ago: "Statues are not how we record history."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5b_-TZwQ0I

Seriously. It's not like historians don't value statues and art pieces, but you want to drop some tweed trousers find a catch of old documents, or a peat mummy.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

SpacePig posted:

lol didn't history books in the south reframe the entire civil war as an act of aggression by the Union for, like, a century? And these statues were built off of that bullshit reframing?

I was under the impression that a large number of these statues were put up during the Civil Rights movement. Wonder why.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

To note, that James Barry is entirely likely to be Glinner's parachute account. In case anyone is unaware, and as an added layer of idiot.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Manuel Calavera posted:

To note, that James Barry is entirely likely to be Glinner's parachute account. In case anyone is unaware, and as an added layer of idiot.

:wrong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs

That's all the proof I need because nobody gives enough of a poo poo about Glinner to put them in their bio except for Glinner.