Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
As a scaredy-cat new player I'm looking forward to Customs not just being a series of choke points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Stux posted:

you: ahh i need an adar or vepr i cant kill anyone otherwise!!

me: haha smg goes brrr

Got this weird urge to use the PP-19...

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm so excited for all the bugs this patch is gonna bring.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Scavs picking up guns and aiming at people to see if they're friendly or not is gonna be great for the Pscavs that just whale on people instantly, they're gonna get owned by AI scavs a lot more now. It was also always a dead giveaway a scav was a Pscav if they had a gun on their back.

Oysters Autobio
Mar 13, 2017

Mae posted:

85 hp torso is a big change, that changes a lot of bullet breakpoints (rip m80)

This is actually the biggest change in the notes but the least talked about. I would say its actually worse than Pestily's dumb mosin nerf because now it essentially nerfs Vepr Hunters and other powerful rounds from actually being able to take on stupid loving chad tanks who sprint around and 360 no-scope their way around the map.

I get it, it sucks to just be one-tapped out of nowhere and die without being able to respond, but 9 times out of 10 its because you were probably doing something dumb or not smart (like staying out in the open too long or sprinting everywhere for no reason and someone heard you and set up an ambush). I know its practically a dumb meme now but seriously, it seems everything is being catered to streamers who get geared up, sprint around and play chad tanks so that their streams are less boring too watch even if it makes for worse gameplay.

The entitlement and ego on some of these streamers is just so pathetic too. If you read Pestily's response to all the drama on the subreddit, it really changed my opinion of the guy because it was so tonedeaf and spent 90% of it explaining how hard he works, how much work he does for the community (doesn't of course mention that this is his livelihood...) and how he deserves to have this influence on the devs because of his 100hr work weeks. Or that video of Veritas getting some guy banned because he got killed and thought the other guy was a cheater, so he screenshots it and sends it to Nikita and gets him banned (even though the other guy was streaming too and just got lucky). During the drops every now and then I would unmute whatever random stream I had on and try and watch some of them, and only a few felt like genuinely fun people to watch. Pestily definitely wasn't one of them (I've never actually seen him react in anyway that shows he actually enjoys what he is doing, he just seems bored all the time). Anyone else had this smug ego around their followers that was just so grating to watch, like Veritas or that awkward british guy with the beard.

Oysters Autobio fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 16, 2020

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Smoke is the only na stream I can watch

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
What's the distance to hear player footsteps without a headset? Had a really tense game of cat and mouse where I got caught in a pocket in Shoreline village and a PMC ran up the fence and heard me hit a bush. I was doing a scav run and only had a Mosin so not great for CQB. We both crouched trying to see who would make the first move, and I slowly backed away from the entrance to the pocket. Eventually he pushed in and didn't see me at first, and I put enough Mosin rounds into him to make him duck out and heal. I heard a few more footsteps circling around the fence but after a few more minutes decided to say gently caress it because my time was running out and my only extracts were at Resort. He was long gone. No idea he had run off because the last steps I heard were right outside my position.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Streamer chat: Veritas might be the biggest whiny baby I've ever seen. I had one encounter with him. Me and a buddy were on customs, just outside the custom's house near the trains heading to the river. I went underneath a train and heard someone behind me, but thought it was my friend so I hesitated. It was Veritas with a TT and he got me good. But he died while looting my body because he forgot the golden rule of Tarkov: There is always one more. Went to go and watch the stream replay and hoooo boy he was mad. Just the whiniest jackass.

Just watch Worrun and Smoke if you're going to watch anyone.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
the only good Tarkov streamer is Krashed and his duos buddies. Evidence: https://youtu.be/f2HRTAL-X-A

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

seeing pestily crash and burn on his raid series without his kitted out gear was pretty nice. shame it didnt change his mind at all.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Dr. Clockwork posted:

This is probably a dumb question, but is there no such thing as Scav solidarity? I think 9 out of 10 of my Scav runs, I've been killed by another player Scav.

I need to just throw myself into games more so I can get past the fear of getting ganked because this is a gank simulator so far. Level 10 seems so far away.

I used to try and be friendly when I started out. It only lead to me dying over and over so now I shoot player scavs on sight. My favorite though is to find someone that wiggles, wiggle back, and then just shoot them in the head.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Umbreon posted:

Are you actually going to answer anything or provide any evidence towards your case whatsoever or are you just going to keep doing this

bro i've pointed out the absurdity of your coked up idea of how RMT works, you literally could not be more wrong.

no one is going to spend 4 hours running a guy through runs so he can get 5 mil when they can just give him a keycard, or graphics cards, or the other methods of mass transfer of wealth (you can still do a docs case of btc, sell the btc to therapist) that's why they removed it from the flea.

idk what questions you could have other than "why am i such a dummy"

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Ice Fist posted:

Nobody has mentioned the grenade launcher yet. Can't wait to see how that goes.

Can't wait to hear that classic grenade launcher "ploomp" sound and have a minor panic attack before exploding. I hope they give them to scavs!

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

bro i've pointed out the absurdity of your coked up idea of how RMT works, you literally could not be more wrong.

no one is going to spend 4 hours running a guy through runs so he can get 5 mil when they can just give him a keycard, or graphics cards, or the other methods of mass transfer of wealth (you can still do a docs case of btc, sell the btc to therapist) that's why they removed it from the flea.

idk what questions you could have other than "why am i such a dummy"

I have no idea where you got that coked up idea from, but it's not mine, please stop trying to pretend it is. I really want to believe you're not intentionally misrepresenting my posts, but considering you keep insulting me afterward, I'm not going to kid myself.

Since your heart is so set on misrepresenting what I'm saying, we'll play this your way and start fresh with the what you just said above. You keep mentioning mass transfers of wealth, yet as far as I understand, the two specific examples you gave are not mass transfers wealth at all as you can't hold more than a few of those per raid anymore (correct me if I'm wrong and you can still hold tons of both of those items) and so if an RMT seller were to try and give a buyer all those items in raid, they would not be able to since the buyer can't pick them all up. Using the flea market to transfer items/rubles also diminished because of the fees adjusting themselves to make mass transfers of expensive items not worth it. Again, correct me if I'm wrong on that too.

What are these other methods of mass transfers of wealth you speak of? How do they work?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Just stop it. Get some help.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i dont really mind if the mosin and vepr are no longer one tap monster guns because theyre so overly represented and so overly strong it sucks.

most streamers are awful and worrun is pretty obviously cheating and doesnt try and hide it.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Jarf posted:

Can't wait to hear that classic grenade launcher "ploomp" sound and have a minor panic attack before exploding. I hope they give them to scavs!

Probably Raiders will get them.
Labs will never be the same.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

idiotsavant posted:

the only good Tarkov streamer is Krashed and his duos buddies. Evidence: https://youtu.be/f2HRTAL-X-A

OperatorDrewski is fun too. he usually plays with a group and their teamwork and coordination is pretty drat impressive.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Has there been any indication of when the new patch will be?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Bucnasti posted:

It's normally a week after the notes

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Umbreon posted:

I have no idea where you got that coked up idea from, but it's not mine, please stop trying to pretend it is. I really want to believe you're not intentionally misrepresenting my posts, but considering you keep insulting me afterward, I'm not going to kid myself.

Since your heart is so set on misrepresenting what I'm saying, we'll play this your way and start fresh with the what you just said above. You keep mentioning mass transfers of wealth, yet as far as I understand, the two specific examples you gave are not mass transfers wealth at all as you can't hold more than a few of those per raid anymore (correct me if I'm wrong and you can still hold tons of both of those items) and so if an RMT seller were to try and give a buyer all those items in raid, they would not be able to since the buyer can't pick them all up. Using the flea market to transfer items/rubles also diminished because of the fees adjusting themselves to make mass transfers of expensive items not worth it. Again, correct me if I'm wrong on that too.

What are these other methods of mass transfers of wealth you speak of? How do they work?

keycards and btc, i already told you this. you can still pick up all the btc you want

please, go ahead and describe your FiR item transfer scheme again since i'm apparently mis representing it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

theres a limit on how many btc you can have in raid

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

you can easily bypass it by putting it into a container and picking the container off the ground, then move the docs case that was in the container into your alpha/gamma, commit suicide, and boom ur set

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

you can easily bypass it by putting it into a container and picking the container off the ground, then move the docs case that was in the container into your alpha/gamma, commit suicide, and boom ur set

Does that work? I watched someone try to pick up a third and fourth marked key abd as soon as picking something up would put him over 2 total, it just would not let him pick the stuff up

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Does that work? I watched someone try to pick up a third and fourth marked key abd as soon as picking something up would put him over 2 total, it just would not let him pick the stuff up

there are actually several ways to bypass it, like using multiple items (3 of these keys, 4 of those, 4 btc, a couple of these) and they're all the items that when bought on the flea market, can be sold to therapist for only a slight <2% loss

there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many fuckin' ways to transfer wealth quickly and efficiently i just laugh at idiotic ideas that hackers somehow do it via some weird dumb FiR shenanigans

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

honestly, nikita should just remove the FIR restrictions on any wearables (headset, helmet, rigs, armored rigs, armor, NVGs, attachments, weapons, ammo) and apply it only to barter items and high value items.

you can't fix RMT, so limit it where you have the most impact against cheaters and have the least impact on legit players.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

tfw u didnt realise the thing you were saying doesnt work anymore and youre trying to rush over it and hope no one notices

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

This thread fuckin sucks.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

be the change you want to see in the world

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Is anyone able to dive deeper into the ammo damage changes? What's the best cost effective anti-tank chad gun post patch?

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
I'm here to shoot man's and loot man's (if and when I ever get back to playing this game)

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

jizzy sillage posted:

This thread fuckin sucks.

its been a remarkable reflection of the game and how it has changed over time especially since last winter

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah game magically began to suck when other people started playing it def not still incredibly fun despite a dumb change with fir or anything

Pikey
Dec 25, 2004

Great Beer posted:

OperatorDrewski is fun too. he usually plays with a group and their teamwork and coordination is pretty drat impressive.

Don’t forget FairTX. Dude is super mellow and fun without any of the salt a lot of other streamers tend to have. Not to mention his uploads on YouTube are pretty loving impressive based on an editing standpoint

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

reposting the best tarkov channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LqTkAANYt8

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

there are actually several ways to bypass it, like using multiple items (3 of these keys, 4 of those, 4 btc, a couple of these) and they're all the items that when bought on the flea market, can be sold to therapist for only a slight <2% loss

there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many fuckin' ways to transfer wealth quickly and efficiently i just laugh at idiotic ideas that hackers somehow do it via some weird dumb FiR shenanigans

How do you actually get all those items to a buyer in raid? They took out infinite backpack stacking and you confirmed yourself that you can only hold a couple of each high value item. I'm assuming your definition of "mass transfer of wealth" isn't literally just trying to walk a buyer through a raid with a single backpack full of high value items and hoping neither of you get shot on the way to the extract

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Does anyone in this thread actually know how RMTers actually transfer funds to buyers or are you all just pulling poo poo out of your rear end?

Not "asking for a friend' or any other bullshit, I really just am curious at this point how they do it because it seems to me that all the recent FIR changes and limits to what you can carry/pickup in raid would cripple the ability to transfer and substantial amount of funds.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Umbreon posted:

How do you actually get all those items to a buyer in raid? They took out infinite backpack stacking and you confirmed yourself that you can only hold a couple of each high value item. I'm assuming your definition of "mass transfer of wealth" isn't literally just trying to walk a buyer through a raid with a single backpack full of high value items and hoping neither of you get shot on the way to the extract

okay, you can keep questioning me all you want, but as i've said, there are plenty of items you can buy from the flea market that sell to NPCS (of which, have high value) to trade a near infinite amount of wealth on demand.

the only thing that stops RMTers is the 5 million a day flag/cap for investigation, stay under that and you're fine

as for your proposed methods (of which you seem to be consistently ignoring) are absolutely impractical, stupid, and obvious results of someone who has no actual idea how the system works.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

even if they cap the amount of x item by 2, y item by 1, z item by 3, you can have 2, 1, and 3 of each respectively and add them up to get whatever amount you want to transfer, and this doesn't even touch the fact you can bypass that restriction in the first place by dropping a bag on the ground or using a random container on the floor

so that's why i laugh and call you an idiot for assuming someone with a bunch of FiR items is RMTing, since you can transfer assets in a 10x faster, more reliable, and easier way and you probably just found one guy randomly who looted the whole map and due to your experience you immediately assumed it was a hacker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oysters Autobio
Mar 13, 2017

Bucnasti posted:

Nikita in the last developer stream said (paraphrasing) "maybe next week, maybe", so take that for what you will :shrug: