Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

*learns french in 5 minutes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
one of few times in my life that I'm glad I speak French

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I'll be glad when the chapter's officially out and I can read these spoilers.

Until then, at least Totally Not Mark has his blind read of Enies Lobby video up.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Dragonatrix posted:

I'll be glad when the chapter's officially out and I can read these spoilers.

Until then, at least Totally Not Mark has his blind read of Enies Lobby video up.
I'm constantly surprised about how many things he predicts hundreds of chapters later, and in this specific video him mentioning Sanji's bounty picture. His catchphrase of "This is the best arc in One Piece" is going to wear off soon though

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

:stonk: No loving way.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I've done the math and I can say, with near certainty, that that certainly was some poo poo going down.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Tried reading the chapter, turns out I can't remember a word of French. Definitely seemed to be some poo poo going down though.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I’m not fluent in French but I feel ripped off that Zoro didn’t get to fight a sick eight headed dragon-snake even if what we actually got was so brutally sudden that it owns anyway

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Maybe i'm missing something but this doesn't feel as big a deal as reactions suggested.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Maybe i'm missing something but this doesn't feel as big a deal as reactions suggested.

I don’t like it because I feel there’s much more that could’ve been done with Orochi as a character, and he’ll never get his comeuppance(I was hoping he’d be taken down by the 8 scabbards, with each cutting off one of his heads). Unless it somehow turns out he faked his death or something.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It seems like a fitting end for a treacherous snake who was always just a pawn in other people's plans. It subverted the shounen setup in the blink of an eye and it was definitely unexpected for One Piece.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

don't worry he'll get a cover arc

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I feel like the thing people are going to argue about is Orochi was cut in half, but he's got a mythical zoan and a wimpy personality and snakes are infamous for killing people even after being decapitated for hours after the snake "dies" because the head is still acting on instinct. Orochi also has several heads, has a mythical zoan, and his type can be compared to a Hydra, where cutting off the "head" just causes two more heads to take its place

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jul 17, 2020

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
In case people wanted to read it in English here's a rough translation https://m.imgur.com/a/hQJldTd

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
When you said rough, you really weren't kidding. That was obviously translated from French by someone who is not very good at English.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Yeah sure I totally buy someone with the Orochi Devil Fruit being unceremoniously offed via decapitation.

Totally.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Doesn't Orochi have eight other heads to cut off.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Warden posted:

When you said rough, you really weren't kidding. That was obviously translated from French by someone who is not very good at English.

Yeah, it's got that "Bisoromi Bear" vibe to it.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

We've seen him sprout multiple heads, but that doesn't mean that having his main head cut off doesn't immediately kill him.

Either option is fine - he lives and has been firmly put in his place as Kaido starts making his big move, but is likely still going to face off against the samurai, or he's dead as poo poo and it's a cool subversion of the build up and expected payoff until now.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I also see it as payback for the bad taste Kaidou has had in his mouth from Orochi all of these years ever since the old hag spoiled his fight with Oden.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!

The gently caress does Une Piece mean?? oh i'll just read that rougher english translation.

...oh gently caress. :stare:

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

No chance Orochi the Hydra died from having his head chopped off.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

I don't know if it's the bad translation, but no one has mentioned what appears to be Yamato telling Luffy he wants to join the crew.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Give me a Yamato and Katakuri crew in the straw hat grand fleet

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

JahRoo posted:

Give me a Yamato and Kikunojo crew in the straw hat grand fleet

Fixed that for you.

(And by you, I mean me)

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
if orochi's alive, he previously was talking to cp0 and wanted vegapunk. what are the odds he gets revenge on kaidou by calling them in since the WG would lose their seastone supply?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Is there a good English translation yet, because I can't read French.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Also worth mentioning, the last page has Kiku crying with her sword covered in blood. Traiter dude (constantly forgetting his name) is probably wounded and maybe 1 of the scabbards was killed?

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Is there a good English translation yet, because I can't read French.

https://www.duolingo.com/enroll/fr/en/Learn-French

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RealFoxy posted:

I feel like the thing people are going to argue about is Orochi was cut in half, but he's got a mythical zoan and a wimpy personality and snakes are infamous for killing people even after being decapitated for hours after the snake "dies" because the head is still acting on instinct. Orochi also has several heads, has a mythical zoan, and his type can be compared to a Hydra, where cutting off the "head" just causes two more heads to take its place

Pureauthor posted:

Yeah sure I totally buy someone with the Orochi Devil Fruit being unceremoniously offed via decapitation.

Totally.

Sub Harrison posted:

No chance Orochi the Hydra died from having his head chopped off.

I'm pretty sure that doesn't apply if he's not transformed.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Wait a second that's not even a power he has! Yamata no Orochi isn't even a hydra!

Come on, guys!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 17, 2020

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Blockhouse posted:

Wait a second that's not even a power he has! Yamata no Orochi isn't even a hydra!

Come on, guys!

Okay, I've had to edit your posts a couple of times in the past for spoilers so let me remind you all that you should still spoiler tag discussion of the new chapter until after the official English translation releases (usually on Sunday)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah, my bad, I forgot the tags on that one.

I should maybe turn off this google chrome forced dark mode thing because it makes spoiler tags automatically highlighted and that makes it difficult to tell what's tagged and what isn't unless I want to look at the nearly imperceptible difference in shade.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Blockhouse posted:

Yeah, my bad, I forgot the tags on that one.

I should maybe turn off this google chrome forced dark mode thing because it makes spoiler tags automatically highlighted and that makes it difficult to tell what's tagged and what isn't unless I want to look at the nearly imperceptible difference in shade.

If you're using Dark Reader, switch from "Dynamic" to "Filter" or "Filter+" to fix that, if you're willing to deal with some images having inverted colors.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CodfishCartographer posted:

If you're using Dark Reader, switch from "Dynamic" to "Filter" or "Filter+" to fix that, if you're willing to deal with some images having inverted colors.

Oh yep that does it. Thanks!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ceci n'est pas une piece

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Finally, the fabled last chapter of One Piece. Tune in next time for the first chapter for the sequel series, Two Pieces.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Come on, guys!

It isn't? Didn't Orochimaru have a regenerating Yamato no Orochi form in Naruto?

In any case, given the parallels between Oden and Hercules, it would be weird if Oda wasn't conflating the Yamato no Orochi with the hydra of Greek mythology to some extent.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i figured oden was less hercules and more susanoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Blockhouse posted:

Come on, guys!

We don't even know what fruit Orochi has yet, we know hydras are a thing because of Magellan's "Poison Hydra" attack so it could be possible that Orochi's fruit was something like "Hebi-hebi no mi: Model Hydra"