Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Danaru posted:

He said he wasnt sure, someone in another thread

No, Who was it

e: a shameful snipe

Leon Sumbitches has a new favorite as of 04:13 on Jul 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Leon Sumbitches posted:

No, Who was it

But what was the poster's name?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Third base!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Dungeon Ecology posted:

i mean that episode specifically calls out blanche for not recognizing that she's supporting white supremacy by using the 'my heritage' argument to display the confederate flag. its remarkably ahead of its time, and incredibly salient right now.

Spoiler in the clip title, but a good gag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsNaNA32zns

IncredibleIgloo posted:

What is an "Early morning grinder"?

Oh hey, breakfast hoagies ! Scrambled eggs, cheese, and then load it out like an omelet; bacon, sausage, chopped sirloin, tomato, onion, scallions, peppers, whatever. Put that on the right roll, toasted on the flattop, and you'd make a killing. If Denny's or Waffle Hut put that on the menu, they'd cut the population in 12 states right in half in six months.

mllaneza has a new favorite as of 04:28 on Jul 17, 2020

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

SpacePig posted:

But what was the poster's name?

I don't know

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

how do you know the bank robbers didn't wake up at 6:00 AM for this

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

how do you know the bank robbers didn't wake up at 6:00 AM for this

No self respecting bank robber is going to go to the bank in the morning when they are busy

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

He's on third.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

mdemone posted:

He's on third.

Ligma balls

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF

JesusGeorge posted:

Whether or not the theories were true is irrelevant to the fact that LOST never had a plan and just forgot half the plot threads they started, Westworld crawled so far up it's philosophical butt it forgot about the story it was telling, and GoT (even if you did like any of it) was basically abandoned in the last season.

Studios want never-ending stories (woao, woao, woao,) for never ending income, and stories have endings. When you reach the end, if you don't stop, you risk ruining the story. If you stop before the end, you risk invalidating everything before it. And if your story can't survive having it's twists revealed, it's bad period. Has anyone watched "6th Sense" more than twice?

Anyway, a 4 for 4, no sauce for the nuggets, raspberry Hi-C, because it's a good deal and I'm loving OLD.

but what sandwich?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

poonchasta posted:

but what sandwich?

I can't believe you would call him out like this.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Zetsubou-san posted:

I can't believe you would call him out like this.

yeah the gently caress did I do?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

oldpainless posted:

I totally agree. I’ve always found happy endings to be extremely gratifying.

Name/post combo

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jestery posted:

I had an argument with someone about this

It's crazy how some people just want never ending content and simultaneously don't understand what makes things satisfying

I do wonder if it's what happens from growing up in the 80s and/or 90s when every TV show was never-ending and little to no continuity and liking it that way, possibly missing out on the 90s anime boom where part of what made anime so groundbreaking is that it actually had ongoing plots, character development, continuity and endings.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I do wonder if it's what happens from growing up in the 80s and/or 90s when every TV show was never-ending and little to no continuity and liking it that way, possibly missing out on the 90s anime boom where part of what made anime so groundbreaking is that it actually had ongoing plots, character development, continuity and endings.

There can be a little grief when a story ends. You like these people, kinda fill the spot in your head where friends go, and then they are gone forever. Even if the usual result of a story that goes on to long is having everything become a tiresome retread, having those characters you like not gone forever can seem appealing.

When I was a preschooler I would cry every day when Mr. Rogers ended. Don't go Mr. Rogers, don't go.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

mysterious frankie posted:

It’s the curse of American style television. Why have three seasons made of ten episodes each that tell a compelling story, or are clever comedy, when you can have 20, 26 episode seasons that have gotten so convoluted and up their own rear end that by the end the scripts seem more like fanfic, half of them erotic fanfic minus the hardcore grunty sex.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Mmm delicious. These are fantastic posts

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Where can I find a twink delivery service

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

At femboy hooters, presumably.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Zzulu posted:

isn't that just Grindr

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

just check out one of those early morning grindrs I've heard so much about

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Whybird posted:

just check out one of those early morning grindrs I've heard so much about

They call po' bois down south.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This is maybe too dark.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

This is maybe too dark.

Better?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

poonchasta posted:

but what sandwich?

did you call?

regional variant:

Riflen
Mar 13, 2009

"Cheating bitch"
Bleak Gremlin

https://twitter.com/Oliviaj_8/status/1275918382240616448?s=20

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I used to drive a forester and it was great

Nothing exactly untrue about this meme other than I never put stickers on my cars

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

3D Megadoodoo posted:

This is maybe too dark.

Better?

Is the original joke just that (some) guys like trek more than sex?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

Better?

That girl looks underage, and Trekkies are known for one thing.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

mobby_6kl posted:

Better?

:itisanaatrekreference: :reddit:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Oof

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

The Bloop posted:

I used to drive a forester and it was great

Nothing exactly untrue about this meme other than I never put stickers on my cars

I once found an untrained dog that had escaped near my parents' house, and based on its collar (Chaco, I think), I guessed that the owners were driving an Outback no more than three years old.

I was completely wrong, though. it was six years old.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they're great cars

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

PittTheElder posted:

I remain unsold on Mandalorian. It is a very good western, but westerns as a genre are very bad.

Star Wars is a western. It just takes place in space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Machai posted:

Star Wars is a western. It just takes place in space

Star Wars is a samurai movie!