Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004

Dance Officer posted:

Either way, you're still trying to be some weird sort of hybrid, and I don't think that's doing you any favours.

Thanks for your help, I'll look into these changes. Been thinking about the Shavs one. If it's any help this was originally a Big Ducks build that I've modified (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjuoTibKoGI).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
I was playing two chars yesterday and I suddenly had doubts about a similar topic for both of them;
Lacerate with Multistrike; if you hold down the attack button, does it cancel after every first attack, or does it perform the full amount of multistrike'd attacks?
Scourge Arrow with Mirage Archer; what's the correct playstyle? Just tap-shoot during maps and let the Mirage should a bunch? When I do a full-charge attack, does the Mirage copy that or just a tap-shot?
Also, poisons stack right? So I do a max-charged Scourge Arrow and then run around single tapping shots to add more poisons?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Red Red Blue posted:

"Bloom is fine because most people don't even change the setting" is quite the take by GGG

I just posted on the main forums about how I'm loving content.ggpk file to death to get rid of it. That makes 1 e-mail and 3 times I post about modding in an official thread lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e6lxX4bxCI&t=17s

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Elentor posted:

I just posted on the main forums about how I'm loving content.ggpk file to death to get rid of it. That makes 1 e-mail and 3 times I post about modding in an official thread lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e6lxX4bxCI&t=17s

Have a link to your post? :) Should be a fun follow today.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Acht posted:

I was playing two chars yesterday and I suddenly had doubts about a similar topic for both of them;
Lacerate with Multistrike; if you hold down the attack button, does it cancel after every first attack, or does it perform the full amount of multistrike'd attacks?
Scourge Arrow with Mirage Archer; what's the correct playstyle? Just tap-shoot during maps and let the Mirage should a bunch? When I do a full-charge attack, does the Mirage copy that or just a tap-shot?
Also, poisons stack right? So I do a max-charged Scourge Arrow and then run around single tapping shots to add more poisons?

You cancel Multistrike by moving or using another ability, if you hold down the button you don't cancel it.
There's no correct way to play Scourge Arrow, it depends on how much damage you do compared to the content you're running. Its just a thing you need to get a feel for. Mirage Archer will always fully charge the SA, no matter how long you charge your attacks yourself. Poisons stack, but every poison has its own damage depending on the initial attack. Fully charging your SA and then using single tapped shots will apply one batch of big poison initially and then a batch of small poisons for every single tapped SA.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Acht posted:

Have a link to your post? :) Should be a fun follow today.

It's not a great post, just me ranting in the middle of more white noise. It's one of those posts that only serve to add as one more to the masses.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
So, I like as little button presses as possible but I also like to dual box.

I asked at the start of this league if dual Aura stacking might work and reception was lukewarm.

Now I'm seeing some builds that stack First Among Equals with 6% aura effect passives and wind up with 90/90/90/100 res and 70 million Arc dps? They use some really expensive stuff like 5 passive Voices, but maybe if I'm splitting all the auras between two Guardians I might get more than double the damage for much less currency?

What were the laziest damage skills for Heralds last league? Arc? Blade Vortex? Righteous Fire?

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Wuxi posted:

You cancel Multistrike by moving or using another ability, if you hold down the button you don't cancel it.
There's no correct way to play Scourge Arrow, it depends on how much damage you do compared to the content you're running. Its just a thing you need to get a feel for. Mirage Archer will always fully charge the SA, no matter how long you charge your attacks yourself. Poisons stack, but every poison has its own damage depending on the initial attack. Fully charging your SA and then using single tapped shots will apply one batch of big poison initially and then a batch of small poisons for every single tapped SA.

Thanks Wuxi! That's actually alot better than I expected it to work, too.

@Elentor; Gotcha. :) Thought it would be fun if you were educating an entire official forum on how to edit the ggpk, but that's probably a bad idea for a lot of reasons.

edit: Man I really miss not being able to read and chat in /5555. Stupid HC.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Dance Officer posted:

Either way, you're still trying to be some weird sort of hybrid, and I don't think that's doing you any favours.

Yeah, as someone who really wanted to make hybrid life/es work, it just doesn't outside of some specific niche circumstances. They even nerfed the inquisitor consecrated ground nodes that were the easiest way to enable it. This is definitely a good league to try ES/low-life in though, since all the finely tuned gear is easier to roll. I ran a vortex occultist https://pastebin.com/nytBYbMh through just about everything in HC last week, so that's a snapshot of one that has good survivability. Just don't flame dash into a sirus vortex.

I don't do a lot of low-life or ES builds, so I may be wrong, but I don't think there are many secrets. You pretty much have to use certain gear like shav's and chayula's presence. Past that, it's mainly a matter of cramming flat es and intelligence everywhere you can and near-maxing your block/spell block with %es recovery on block. Halving damage + gaining 500 es 75% of the hits you take is an absurdly powerful defensive layer for anything but giant slams. Wicked ward paired with faster es recharge start can also be really powerful.

search engine fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 17, 2020

J
Jun 10, 2001

I guess my eyesight is even worse than I thought because I haven't noticed any bloom stuff. I went trawling one of the reddit threads where people were posting examples and I haven't noticed anything nearly as bad as a lot of the screenshots people have been posting. :shrug: I'm going to treat this like the Fedex arrow and not go any further out of the way to learn what I'm not seeing and remain in blissful ignorance.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I logged in this league and instantly changed my hideout because I had a bunch of torches in the immaculate hideout and it looked like miso soup

J
Jun 10, 2001

Anyone know poo poo about deep delve builds or have any links to good guides? These things seem rather particular to get setup correctly and I've never tried one.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
How deep we talking? because going to 500-600 (when things are pretty good) is a lot different than going 1000+

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Vasudus posted:

How deep we talking? because going to 500-600 (when things are pretty good) is a lot different than going 1000+

Pretty much this. A well build character can get you to ~1000, but if you want to go way deeper you have to build specific full damage builds that can't do anything but delve and die.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yeah I mean stuff in the 1000ish ballpark, if that's possible to do without resorting to the 0 hp builds. Those look really finicky, if a well built character could get to 1000 I'd be more interested in that.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

J posted:

Yeah I mean stuff in the 1000ish ballpark, if that's possible to do without resorting to the 0 hp builds. Those look really finicky, if a well built character could get to 1000 I'd be more interested in that.

From what I hear, vortex occultist and Herald of Agony jugg are good builds for that stuff. I played vortex occultist though and kinda felt like I was having survivability issues at depth 450 even with like 10 exalts dropped into the build and blasphemy tempchains/enfeeble, so your mileage may vary

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

J posted:

You can sort by minimum depth on poe ninja if you want build ideas: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?mindepthsolo=1000

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

So, I like as little button presses as possible but I also like to dual box.

I asked at the start of this league if dual Aura stacking might work and reception was lukewarm.

Now I'm seeing some builds that stack First Among Equals with 6% aura effect passives and wind up with 90/90/90/100 res and 70 million Arc dps? They use some really expensive stuff like 5 passive Voices, but maybe if I'm splitting all the auras between two Guardians I might get more than double the damage for much less currency?

What were the laziest damage skills for Heralds last league? Arc? Blade Vortex? Righteous Fire?

Arc (better ST, worse clear) and EK with jewel (better clear, awful single target), mostly (converted to cold with 2x Call of the Brotherhood). If going attacks, Power Siphon seemed pretty popular, but you might need a certain level of gearing to make that good? Going spells with Nebulis/2x CotB/Pain Attunement/RF just felt too good.

I responded to you last time you asked, but I would highly recommend that both characters run their own set of defensive auras. Since 100% of your defenses come solely from auras, having even a single aura drop often means death. Also playstyle can be kinda janky trying to stay in range of each other -- and is even more dicey when you're running around trying to dodge things, which is exactly when you need all your defensive auras most.

We ended up each running our own suite defensive auras and only splitting offensive auras. Our budget aura setups looked something like this:
3x Purities
Discipline
Grace
Vitality (if not Guardian)
Clarity
---
Haste
Hatred
Dread Banner (cheap filler aura to help stack phys DR/haste)

3x Purities
Discpline
Grace
Vitality
Clarity (QoL; this is optional but playing as the non-clarity person sucks when out of range)
---
Wrath
Zealotry
Precision
War Banner (filler aura to help stack phys DR/haste)

Alsooooo one of us went Guardian and the other went Ascendant (Guardian/Necro), and I found Ascendant miles above Guardian (to the point where it's hard to justify going Guardian), so give that a consider too. In addition, Ascendant is much better situated in the tree and gives you extra passive points, which might help alleviate the need for 5 passive Voices somewhat?

Lastly, I mentioned this in my last post, but if you're mixing Guardian and Ascendant, be aware of whose auras are overriding whose.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Oh yeah thanks again, I'm saving your post this time. Yeah it's the double Call of Brotherhood with double Nebulis stuff I've been looking at. Seems like there's no way to do an Autobomber kind of setup at those insane DPS levels? Hell I'd settle for 5 million Storm Secrets Herald of Lightning on one character if it was doable.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

I'm going to have to change my rule about not selling content because I puffed another item in corrupt shrine. I somehow have never gotten white sockets or double vaal implicit once.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

WTF BEES posted:

I'm thinking I'm just running way too juiced up maps when my goal is exp. It's just real hard not to run some 120% corrupted, delirium'd, elder influenced monstrosity when the opportunity presents itself.

yeah this is why i never get past 92-94. not that it bothers me, but depending on my build somewhere around those levels i'll start dying regularly to juiced up maps and my leveling stops.

but that's fine, imo. i don't need the last few levels, i probably don't even play enough to reach 100 even if i never died

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I think I'm done with sunder/cyclone:

https://pastebin.com/Em6AJNLF

I started with the impale skeleton mathil posted before the league started and made some small changes as I went. Harvest is great. It let me learn everything about crafting and gave me access to some absurd equipment. Highlights include:

1) All t1 perfect roll gloves with melee damage, flat phys, attack speed, damage while leeching, life, and two resists.
2) 870pdps crusader axe with impale bonus
3) shaper ring with t1 assasins mark, flat phys, double resist and life
4) warlord amulet with pride mana reservation and melee strike range
5) Elusive/Onslaught boots with 35% movement speed
6) All t1 explosion chest with double influence and the t1 hunter life% prefix.

Crafted all of it myself with a little help from forbidden harvest. I think my chest might be worth like 30ex. It gives me 750 hp.

I also lucked into a dropped ryslatha's coil and picked up an abyssus with sunder damage on it.

I beat shaper for the first time, elder for the first time, A0 sirus first time, A5 sirus for the first time, first pale council fight, first time in every breachstone, first time getting the 5 slot map device, first time completing every map including a solo clear on HOTGM.

I think I'm overall surprised at how hard the game is even with this godly equipment. I dunno... I thought 6.7M dps would feel more broken, but the hardest content in the game is still tanky as hell. It seems like you pretty much cannot trivialize the most difficult content with this build. It's just sorta... balanced.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

Oh yeah thanks again, I'm saving your post this time. Yeah it's the double Call of Brotherhood with double Nebulis stuff I've been looking at. Seems like there's no way to do an Autobomber kind of setup at those insane DPS levels? Hell I'd settle for 5 million Storm Secrets Herald of Lightning on one character if it was doable.

Oh right, you're dual-boxing. That's not a bad idea, to make an auto-bomber on your passive guy. Your passive guy won't need Clarity or Haste for that matter, other than for the movement speed. I haven't done my research into this but I'm not sure about a Heralds autobomber though -- the bulk of the damage you're getting from triple-stacking More Spell Damage auras (Wrath, Hatred, Zealotry), which I don't believe benefits Herald of Lightning. Not to mention Hatred does nothing for you if you're running Storm Secrets instead of CotBs.

Maybe you can lean super hard into crit instead (remember that Ascendant-Guardian auto-comes with sharing power/endurance/frenzy charges with each other, which may help). I haven't done the PoB but maybe you can actually make the math work out.

Ultima66 posted:

Yeah but every mirror you take to the map boss is worth tens of chaos in fragments alone and my dumb brain doesn't let me just leave that much free currency on the table.

See, this is me exactly, except with Harvest.

I wish I could ignore it completely and never click on another seed cache, but my dumb lizard brain wonders if I'll finally get that add/remove Life craft to finish off my latest project. Plus I need to grow my Heart and water my higher tier seeds (because auto-disperse never works because I keep running out of seed juice) so I can complete my 36 challenges.

When I'm in the zone and I want to chain-farm maps, I'm in go-go-go mode. But now there's a delirium (ironically enough) so I have to hop into my garden mid-map, and then I have to stop and manage my crafting tables and seeds and re-click my dispersers. It's such a huge momentum killer for me that I kinda just mentally zone out and tab out and forget about the game afterwards. It's the same 'momentum killer' issue that Synthesis was for me, but to a lesser degree.

I've stopped duo-ing with the SO and we just run our own maps independently now, because I'd feel so bad for zoning into my garden while he sits there bored and tabbing into Reddit or whatever.

With Delirium League, when I'm 'in the zone', at least I can pre-roll 30 Malformations in a row and just slam those out as fast as we can, and I go do something else when I want to chill. Harvest (and Synthesis) feels like the game forces me to stop. Most importantly, I don't feel like I get to choose when to stop on my own terms (mostly because I don't get to choose which maps the delirium mirrors show up in).

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Okay lovely personal build time is over. Someone give me the absolute best build for 10 ex.

puravida
Jan 4, 2019

Elentor posted:

Since you’re very technically apt with the graphics, do you really disagree with the Bloom notes GGG posted?

I’m not a fan of the full Bloom and even the 25% version looks too bright in spots, but to me it really is only some spots. It makes sense to have one unified system instead of tweaking each individual item with fake bloom, with the No Bloom adjustments lots of things look out of place, too dark or just bad.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
They could just give us real control over bloom (ie let it be disabled) and that would be it but they are very much digging their heels in, in a way that feels jarring compared to most modern devs

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Hit 36 challenges. I'm not 100% done with the league but I'm pretty close. I didn't do Endgame Grinds, Encounters VI, the Scarab one, and Encounters V.

Overall, I would say this was an okay league. The crafting system itself is absolutely fantastic and I desperately hope that they somehow include it in the core game, even in a greatly reduced capacity. I crafted basically all my gear this league with very few exceptions. I had a ton of fun building my own poo poo, or helping others do it.

I leveled 5 characters past 90, with one reaching 95. Pretty par for the course for me. I didn't really do any bow builds this league however, which is extremely uncharacteristic of me.

Harvest itself sucks rear end. Managing seeds and seed levels as a new player is daunting, and there's no loving way people are ever going to set up a farm every league if it went core as-is. It took GGG way too long to put in the proper QoL that it should have had at launch. The T4 bosses are all boring and/or annoying, and the final league boss is a total loving joke for a number of reasons. One, because gently caress you for making it 100 red maps to unlock in the first place, then having you run another however many maps just to reset the counter back to 0/100 for a regrowth. Secondly all the league uniques are bad, there's zero chase items. The hat needs a third random gem support.

The Uber+ labs are cool. I hope that in PoE2 that's what the lab ends up being.

Challenges this league are insanely bad. The Scarab one, in particular, currently costs about 11ex to complete if you were to buy it all. The cheaper option is probably to buy the plants and take your chances on the craft. Or just skip it, like I did.

My suggestion for Harvest going core: 10% chance of seeds in a map, guarded by monsters. Replace the entire farm mechanic with a pre-built area. Incorporate a system similar to the Delve upgrade system that handles all lifeforce and horiculture storage - no building at all. If you save up 1800 lifeforce (or whatever number, after balance adjustments) you can purchase another 3 slots in your horticulture station. Ditch the entire system for the Heart of the Grove, make the seed a random drop off a T4 - plant it in the center of the farm and after 10 red maps it's ready to go. Buff the uniques off the last boss, give the helmet three random gems.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Maybe I’ll play for longer than a week next league

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

puravida posted:

Since you’re very technically apt with the graphics, do you really disagree with the Bloom notes GGG posted?

I’m not a fan of the full Bloom and even the 25% version looks too bright in spots, but to me it really is only some spots. It makes sense to have one unified system instead of tweaking each individual item with fake bloom, with the No Bloom adjustments lots of things look out of place, too dark or just bad.

I've been thinking about how to answer but really, the only thing I can think about the bloom notes is: childish.

It embarrassed me to read.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Vasudus posted:

My suggestion for Harvest going core: 10% chance of seeds in a map, guarded by monsters. Replace the entire farm mechanic with a pre-built area. Incorporate a system similar to the Delve upgrade system that handles all lifeforce and horiculture storage - no building at all. If you save up 1800 lifeforce (or whatever number, after balance adjustments) you can purchase another 3 slots in your horticulture station. Ditch the entire system for the Heart of the Grove, make the seed a random drop off a T4 - plant it in the center of the farm and after 10 red maps it's ready to go. Buff the uniques off the last boss, give the helmet three random gems.

I would be down for pretty much all of this. Harvest has you spending way too much time not actually killing stuff, which, last time I checked, is the point of this game.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
i dont think ggg considers killing stuff the main point of the game though. "loot explosions" and inventory tetris seem to be at least as important

i havent noticed any problems with bloom this league since i have it set to slight and because i have absolutely no expectations being able to see anything in combat anyway. this game has always had incompetent art direction

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Got the shaper without being hit challenge tonight. Then bought the possessed delirium boss in 820. Did deathless 20 wave simu and it was a lot easier than I expected. Did a 100% delirium rare t14 and that was also basically effortless.

But then I made the mistake of accidentally harvesting a purple t4 in that 100% delirium map. Getting Ersi out of that summon state was loving insane and I came within a couple hundred hp of ripping my final portal. Then when I killed her, she dropped jack poo poo lol.

At least 36 is starting to look within reach. There's not a chance in hell I'm grinding out an extra 100 maps if I fail to get the harvest boss conditionals on the first try.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Vasudus posted:

Hit 36 challenges. I'm not 100% done with the league but I'm pretty close. I didn't do Endgame Grinds, Encounters VI, the Scarab one, and Encounters V.

Overall, I would say this was an okay league. The crafting system itself is absolutely fantastic and I desperately hope that they somehow include it in the core game, even in a greatly reduced capacity. I crafted basically all my gear this league with very few exceptions. I had a ton of fun building my own poo poo, or helping others do it.

I leveled 5 characters past 90, with one reaching 95. Pretty par for the course for me. I didn't really do any bow builds this league however, which is extremely uncharacteristic of me.

Harvest itself sucks rear end. Managing seeds and seed levels as a new player is daunting, and there's no loving way people are ever going to set up a farm every league if it went core as-is. It took GGG way too long to put in the proper QoL that it should have had at launch. The T4 bosses are all boring and/or annoying, and the final league boss is a total loving joke for a number of reasons. One, because gently caress you for making it 100 red maps to unlock in the first place, then having you run another however many maps just to reset the counter back to 0/100 for a regrowth. Secondly all the league uniques are bad, there's zero chase items. The hat needs a third random gem support.

The Uber+ labs are cool. I hope that in PoE2 that's what the lab ends up being.

Challenges this league are insanely bad. The Scarab one, in particular, currently costs about 11ex to complete if you were to buy it all. The cheaper option is probably to buy the plants and take your chances on the craft. Or just skip it, like I did.

I just started playing this game past level 14 this league and I love it. Got to maps but characters so far haven't been very good so I keep making new builds.

I have zero desire to trade with people, and being able to get seeds and craft items that would take me hours to get if I just slammed currency on an item same a ton of time.

The garden management is annoying though and needs to be simplified greatly.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Found one house of mirrors card from something and decided to gamble with the seeds.

Now whats a good build for instantly deleting oshabi and doing simulacrums?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm still playing (though I dunno for how much longer) but count me among those who are just not into the league mechanic. I've tried giving a poo poo about crafting in this game but I just cannot be bothered to spend time engaging with What If Lum The Mad Built A Slot Machine in any real way, and ultimately I'd rather kill poo poo and get stuff. And this is not a great league for killing poo poo and getting stuff.

I'm glad for those who enjoy it tho.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
I ended up settling on selling crafts. It was a bunch of work setting up the farm and getting vouches, but now it's a decent income for little effort.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I am hoping Harvest in it's entirety is just a testing ground for targeted crafting improvements, not a single thing from the league needs to stay aside from targeted annuls/exalts/chaos but with hopefully a better UI then 3 crafts per horty station.
Rebuilding your min/maxed farm setup every league would be worse then having to rebuild hideouts every league before betrayal.
You don't need to keep monster seeds, all that adds is extra steps and some cheesiness with saving big farms for delirium, beyond and divination card maps.

A really simple solution is to keep lifeforce, use it as a meter that fills up on your crafting bench in your hideout based on number and tier of monsters you kill, once you have enough lifeforce you are able to enhance currency for use in targeted reforges and removal/adds or to spend the lifeforce on improving it's craft storage and total capacity or the rarity of available crafts.

Then people can just spam maps as much as they like and every so often they can check how much juice they have available without having to click seeds, zone into the garden to plant them, wait for the growth, find out your dispenser isn't hooked up to the right storage tanks, wait for the growth again, find out you need way more lifeforce, wait for the growth again.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I am hoping Harvest in it's entirety is just a testing ground for targeted crafting improvements, not a single thing from the league needs to stay aside from targeted annuls/exalts/chaos but with hopefully a better UI then 3 crafts per horty station.
Rebuilding your min/maxed farm setup every league would be worse then having to rebuild hideouts every league before betrayal.
You don't need to keep monster seeds, all that adds is extra steps and some cheesiness with saving big farms for delirium, beyond and divination card maps.

A really simple solution is to keep lifeforce, use it as a meter that fills up on your crafting bench in your hideout based on number and tier of monsters you kill, once you have enough lifeforce you are able to enhance currency for use in targeted reforges and removal/adds or to spend the lifeforce on improving it's craft storage and total capacity or the rarity of available crafts.

Then people can just spam maps as much as they like and every so often they can check how much juice they have available without having to click seeds, zone into the garden to plant them, wait for the growth, find out your dispenser isn't hooked up to the right storage tanks, wait for the growth again, find out you need way more lifeforce, wait for the growth again.

I was gonna respond to each point individually but then realized I basically agreed with every single point. As a Harvest hater, I would like those changes very much, actually.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Maybe I'm in the minority in thinking the targeted annul/augment stuff is fundamentally too strong to leave in the game. I never set out with a particular plan in mind and still blundered into having a bunch of absurd-for-any-other-league gear stacked with t1 influence mods without much effort. It really alters the balance between uniques and rares, which I thought was in a pretty good spot before now. Weapons especially, uniques are going to be pretty niche if cranking out an 800 dps no-evade impale boosting monstrosity is regularly possible.

Agreed that if they do leave it in, I'd rather the crafting options be something that gets added to your main bench as a result of special encounters or one-off map activities, or even fold them into some existing content like delve somehow. Ditch the farming and watering mechanics. I don't hate them but I don't think they add much to the experience and we're rapidly approach maximum bloat on side areas and league-specific mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
If the mechanics go core they'll be rarer so you won't be able to slam your gear anywhere near as often for you to wear all self-crafted rares with 6 T1 mods.