Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

MomJeans420 posted:

FB reminded me I posted this online 10 years ago, what would be the bike version of this? I'm thinking a screencap of yammienoob or whatever his name is hitting the Porsche by drifting into the oncoming lane.

*edit*

I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol

"I ride too fast to worry about whether I left my stove on."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I guess I understand the angle from the time the ad was probably written but also LOL at the concept of a, what 130hp(?) air cooled Porsche being too much to handle

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
With lovely era-appropriate brakes, chassis, suspension, etc and a total lack of safety features, I can imagine it actually would be a lot to handle

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I would imagine it would have some of the best brakes, suspension and chassis design available, no?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

It drove fine you spergs.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

I don't think the 911 became an off-ramp deathtrap until the turbo and massive amounts of high grade Colombian hit the scene.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94QpFo_2fAs

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I wanted a 930 for a long time so I have an old copy of the 911 buyer's guide, and even 15 years ago when I bought it supposedly at least 1/4 of all the 930s had sustained damage from lift-off oversteer in turns. Back when I was looking at them, I could find 930s for $25k, but I was in college and obviously couldn't afford to drop even that. It would have been a great investment though, their prices are insane now.

The slantnose ones look so good though:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The 911, like other rear-engine cars, always had a tendency to want to put its rear end in front when going around a turn.

Realistically I doubt it was any less safe than the average car of 1968 though. Cars back then were just deathtraps

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Nah those things were genuinely super dangerous even by the standards of the day because of the aforementioned lift-off oversteer and questionable rear suspension design that made no effort to mitigate that tendency. The hairs on your chest surrounding your gold chains were the only thing keeping you safe.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u-gaSZqKD4

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

:whitewater:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Ural motorcycles were created to keep a remote town in Ural mountains busy after the ww2. They remain a poo poo show to this day

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Aren't they also a straight-up stolen BMW design?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Mister Speaker posted:

Aren't they also a straight-up stolen BMW design?

Stolen implies illegitimately acquired; after everything that happened they were well within their rights to use a factory that happened to land on the red side of the line IMO.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1aXCaLWtxU&t=29s

Mootmoot: The Next Generation

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

That poor bike

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Featured in that video:

A whole bunch of dickbags.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
"He ran a stop sign."

*proceeds to run stop sign on the sidewalk at probably more than the speed limit*

Also this

Martytoof posted:

That poor bike

:(

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
Everyone in that video sucks but having what looks like a little aooga horn mounted to your handlebars is pretty funny.

Edit: nevermind that's not what an ahooga horn is, this is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqc6yRIHiW0

And now I need one for my bike.

Strife fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jul 20, 2020

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
That video was amazing. The distance he slid for! Gonna have some amazing rash.

That guy was so lucky. If he had hit that pole head on instead of going off to the side, he would have died on impact.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Strife posted:

Everyone in that video sucks but having what looks like a little aooga horn mounted to your handlebars is pretty funny.

Edit: nevermind that's not what an ahooga horn is, this is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqc6yRIHiW0

And now I need one for my bike.

DIVE! DIVE!

wait

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

man, adrenaline sure is a hell of a thing. he's missing skin on his arms and god knows what he's broken and he doesn't even feel it yet.

lol at his bros "you good? you good? alright we'll leave you here" instead of telling him to SIT DOWN

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Why is the guy filming riding on the sidewalk instead of the wide open and nicely paved street?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Guy with the camera said he didn't have a plate which is a whole other dbag thing but whatever

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Slavvy posted:

Stolen implies illegitimately acquired; after everything that happened they were well within their rights to use a factory that happened to land on the red side of the line IMO.
If I'm not mistaken they actually started making copies of the R71 pre-1941 though?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

If I'm not mistaken they actually started making copies of the R71 pre-1941 though?

Yeah they did. Under licence.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Coydog posted:

That video was amazing. The distance he slid for! Gonna have some amazing rash.

Judging by the large white patch on his arm it's not the first time.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Slavvy posted:

Yeah they did. Under licence.
Right but you implied that Russia manufactured them because Germany started a world war and then lost it to Russia

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Sagebrush posted:

man, adrenaline sure is a hell of a thing. he's missing skin on his arms and god knows what he's broken and he doesn't even feel it yet.

lol at his bros "you good? you good? alright we'll leave you here" instead of telling him to SIT DOWN

i went to that ride, the grom riders are a mixed bunch. some are good at wheelies and the others are brand new riders

always entertaining tho

edit: nvm, was thinking of a different ride video that happened in the same way. guy crashed a grom on a soft left canted road and ripped his nipple off lol

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Razzled posted:

guy crashed a grom on a soft left canted road and ripped his nipple off lol

I have questions

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7b40Lkldo0

Another vid in the "Okay, some prisoners" genre - there's some genuinely loving scary poo poo but everyone seems to be alive at the end of it. Particular highlight is the impressive lean angles (for a scoot) demonstrated in the clip at 37 seconds in, followed by even more impressive French swearing at his scuffed trainers when the inevitable happens.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Right but you implied that Russia manufactured them because Germany started a world war and then lost it to Russia

I didn't mean to, I was trying to imply that there's no such thing as stealing from Nazis, especially when they do a genocidal war at you.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7b40Lkldo0

Another vid in the "Okay, some prisoners" genre - there's some genuinely loving scary poo poo but everyone seems to be alive at the end of it. Particular highlight is the impressive lean angles (for a scoot) demonstrated in the clip at 37 seconds in, followed by even more impressive French swearing at his scuffed trainers when the inevitable happens.

That French man is amazing.

Two clips later, I love the biker states: "my error was setting up for the split in a curve without proper body position yadda yadda"

When MAYBE the lesson he should have taken away was "don't ride in traffic and try to lansplit at 200 loving KPH"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Elviscat posted:

When MAYBE the lesson he should have taken away was "don't ride in traffic and try to lansplit at 200 loving KPH"

omg that loving guy. gently caress him so much

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Elviscat posted:

That French man is amazing.

Two clips later, I love the biker states: "my error was setting up for the split in a curve without proper body position yadda yadda"

i don't even understand what the frenchie was mad at hahaha, he was donging it hard

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Oh poo poo that Ninja 400 that went bowling ball into the row of bikes

I’m not going to lie, watching these videos really kills my motivation to push myself on my bike. I should probably tone down watching them for a bit.

E: As a new-ish rider I mean push myself as in “maybe lean a little more confidently in turns” not “put my knee down going around corners at 200mph in traffic”

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Martytoof posted:

Oh poo poo that Ninja 400 that went bowling ball into the row of bikes

I’m not going to lie, watching these videos really kills my motivation to push myself on my bike. I should probably tone down watching them for a bit.

E: As a new-ish rider I mean push myself as in “maybe lean a little more confidently in turns” not “put my knee down going around corners at 200mph in traffic”

None of those people have any idea what they're doing, if you do things correctly you won't have their problems at all. Just the fact that you're thinking about this stuff at all puts you ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Razzled posted:

i don't even understand what the frenchie was mad at hahaha, he was donging it hard

most of it is bitching that his shoes are ruined.