Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not The Wendigo
Apr 12, 2009

TeeQueue posted:

Hey everyone! I'm all set and ready for a good morning-I just helped SeyserKoze through a couple of issues, and I really think he's going to be a great addition to the corporation! How're you all doing?

:sigh: Same old, same old.

It's stuff like this that takes the LP from great to spectacular. I'm not just following the game's story, I'm also following your story. Now I gotta go back at look for the clues that Talow knew so much because he was trapped in a time loop as opposed to a more mundane reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

nweismuller posted:

Did Second Trumpet trigger during the course of this day? We haven't actually heard it yet in the course of the playthrough.

We never even hit first trumpet. The situation was easily salvageable, I just-

Tenebrais posted:

By the looks of it, even First Trumpet didn't - technically this is a single abnormality breach and a single agent death, which I don't think will trip that threshold yet.

If TeeQueue had kept going and lost more agents we might have got there, but by the looks of it his strategy would have got things under control. It just wasn't worth eating the loss of an agent for a single stupid mistake this early in the day.

-This, actually. By the time Sephiroth died, the bees had been out so long that the danger level had ticked back to 0 so we never got above, like, 6?

Theantero posted:

A shame really, Second Trumpet is the best of the trumpets imo.

This is just a scientifically correct opinion. :hai:

BisbyWorl posted:

Oh please, we all know what happens when Sephiroth dies in a power plant.

He'll be back as an ALEPH abnormality in a week. Two tops.

Oh god, I love this thought so much. :cawg:

lets hang out posted:

No one ever really talks about it but I've always thought Queen Bee was a total menace. After my first experience with it I did everything I could to never welcome it into my facility again.

Echoing Theantero here, Queen Bee is a giant pain. It's a worthwhile pain, and we could be completely safe if I would just play conservatively... but ya'll aren't here to watch me be safe. :colbert:

Omniphile posted:

...there's no point in keeping the cognition filter on anymore.

The manager is gone. No one's heard anything from the higher-ups at all for half an hour.

When even a department head wants to off himself, why even bother?

:stwoon: :five: :five: :five:

The LP canon explanation for any further MSpaint drawings that I can't excuse as 'Malkuth is bad at art' is now 'It's totally just the cognition filter still.'

Not The Wendigo posted:

It's stuff like this that takes the LP from great to spectacular. I'm not just following the game's story, I'm also following your story. Now I gotta go back at look for the clues that Talow knew so much because he was trapped in a time loop as opposed to a more mundane reason.

There are a couple of lines that should make more sense in context, and on Scarecrow day in particular he wasn't even really trying to hide it. I originally planned on continuing to keep this under wraps a bit longer, but it turns out the game bloodying my nose gave me an unusually good opportunity to put it here.

Now if I could just draw worth a drat. :v:

EDIT: I have updated the fanart post again. Ya'll are incredible. :allears:

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jul 19, 2020

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

TeeQueue posted:

Echoing Theantero here, Queen Bee is a giant pain. It's a worthwhile pain, and we could be completely safe if I would just play conservatively... but ya'll aren't here to watch me be safe. :colbert:

There's also the point where Queen Bee's gift is kind of worth it if you can get it to proc. The gains are a little reduced since he'd be replacing an existing gift, but the gift really is great.

Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack
When I first started playing Lob Corp, I thought the Soundtrack was a bit lacking, sameish tunes when things are going like normal, but the Trumpet "music" completely obliterates that opinion. Paying attention afterward led me to realize that the Music is actually good, varied, there was far more than I realized, and it was almost always used to great effect.

I sort of wish there was a way to supercharge the danger of an Abnormality, to make the cool-but-not really-remarkable-past-early-game ZAIYIN and TETH stuff a challenge again, and to make Trumpets blaring close to the Status quo. Not sure how you would supercharge some of the ALEPHS though without things just, uh, ceasing to exist.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.

Not The Wendigo posted:

^
Just gonna second this. If I wanted to just play the game's story, well... I mean, I'm doing that. There's a reason I'm checking for an update multiple times per day despite that.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Koboje posted:

When I first started playing Lob Corp, I thought the Soundtrack was a bit lacking, sameish tunes when things are going like normal, but the Trumpet "music" completely obliterates that opinion. Paying attention afterward led me to realize that the Music is actually good, varied, there was far more than I realized, and it was almost always used to great effect.

I sort of wish there was a way to supercharge the danger of an Abnormality, to make the cool-but-not really-remarkable-past-early-game ZAIYIN and TETH stuff a challenge again, and to make Trumpets blaring close to the Status quo. Not sure how you would supercharge some of the ALEPHS though without things just, uh, ceasing to exist.

Clearly we need to go beyond ALEPH.

Perhaps EIN SOF, or AYIN class.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

the hebrew alphabet has power tiers?

I thought Aleph was the end-all because Jorge Luis Borges, but there are more important letters?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Keldulas posted:

There's also the point where Queen Bee's gift is kind of worth it if you can get it to proc. The gains are a little reduced since he'd be replacing an existing gift, but the gift really is great.

Just by virtue of being dapper as all hell, Queen Bee's gift is always worth it.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Realtalk, I want that gift on Mizu largely because it shouldn't cover up her dog ears like Laetitia's does. :v:

In other news:

I guess it's time to go mad with power now. :unsmigghh:

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.

TeeQueue posted:

Realtalk, I want that gift on Mizu largely because it shouldn't cover up her dog ears like Laetitia's does. :v:

In other news:

:five:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

TeeQueue posted:

In other news:

:unsmigghh: indeed.
Been trying to set up and keep at least one capped agent in each department in my own run; having someone on hand that can safely handle a good number of abnormalities is always helpful.

Not The Wendigo
Apr 12, 2009

dead gay comedy forums posted:

the hebrew alphabet has power tiers?

I thought Aleph was the end-all because Jorge Luis Borges, but there are more important letters?

Aleph (א) is just the first letter of the alphabet! Numerologically it's also just one. The last letter of the Hebrew alphabet, tav (ת) has a gematria (numerological) value of 400. So you might say it's 400 times as powerful if we're going by pop-kabbalah.

In terms of symbolically important letters, the one above aleph would probably be yud (י). Its gematria value is 10, and one of the names of God is written yud-yud. You could also combine it with the existing lobcorp letters to make yud-he-waw-he, another important name of God. And each department can fit four abnormalities. Works perfectly!

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I hope you'll be explaining the 'Just Mizu' thing when that screenshot comes up in an update.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016

Keldulas posted:

I hope you'll be explaining the 'Just Mizu' thing when that screenshot comes up in an update.

Basically, TeeQueue has figured out how to mod the list of titles the game can give. They've edited the prefix/suffix titles Mizu has so instead of 'Optimistic Architect' she's 'Just Mizu'. There are no others like her. Just Mizu.

Well, technically, it's now theoretically possible that someone could get the suffix 'Mizu'. Lazy Mizu. Radical Mizu. Dastardly Mizu.

All shall be Mizu.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Just Mizu things.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Doki Doki Lobotomy Club

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Keldulas posted:

Trying to understand her is like grasping at sand. She's as much abnormality as agent, as much force of nature as passive enkephalin addict. There is no title that can properly convey the terror and insanity she brings to her department, nor one which can paint the hope she gives that the day shall end regardless of its trials and tribulations. She's not Batman, or Spiderman, or Aquaman, or a merman, or a wolfman. Not a brahman, or common, or ramen.

She's just Mizu. Trying to figure out anything else is only going to make your brain hurt.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I see that VLR reference. Now I’m imagining if someone like Akane ended up running Lobotomy Corporation or a nonary game situated in the facility. So much time shenanigans.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

BisbyWorl posted:

Doki Doki Lobotomy Club

mizure
Apr 14, 2020

Mizu "Just Mizu" Mizu, reporting for cutie!

OddHaberdasher posted:

Well, technically, it's now theoretically possible that someone could get the suffix 'Mizu'. Lazy Mizu. Radical Mizu. Dastardly Mizu.

All shall be Mizu.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

:iit:

LevelZeroBadger
Mar 27, 2020

And that's why I've been hooked on this LP.
Thanks for doing this one TeeQueue! I enjoy games like this, but I just can't do it.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

TeeQueue posted:

Trying to understand her is like grasping at sand. She's as much abnormality as agent, as much force of nature as passive enkephalin addict. There is no title that can properly convey the terror and insanity she brings to her department, nor one which can paint the hope she gives that the day shall end regardless of its trials and tribulations. She's not Batman, or Spiderman, or Aquaman, or a merman, or a wolfman. Not a brahman, or common, or ramen.

She's just Mizu. Trying to figure out anything else is only going to make your brain hurt.

So, Mizu is basically a Corporation version of Dr. Bright?

Not The Wendigo
Apr 12, 2009
Is there ever a reason to keep going when you hear the third trumpet, or is it always better to reset the day?

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

I see that VLR reference. Now I’m imagining if someone like Akane ended up running Lobotomy Corporation or a nonary game situated in the facility. So much time shenanigans.

We did just see Talow SHIFT-ing out of a doomed timeline via morphogenetic field though. :v:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

This thread is seriously amazing, thank you TeeQueue for putting in the effort to inspire such amazing stuff!

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

Not The Wendigo posted:

Is there ever a reason to keep going when you hear the third trumpet, or is it always better to reset the day?

Yes, there is one niche reason, but exactly what it is is a spoiler, and even then it's just 'keep going for a while longer before resetting'. Still, if this is going to be a completionist run, I'm sure TeeQueue will show it off eventually.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

:five:

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Not The Wendigo posted:

Mission completions are permanent, so if things went to hell while you were trying to finish a particularly difficult mission then it might be worth trying to reach the end of the day and then going back to a memory repository.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Not The Wendigo posted:

In my very first run through of the game I dug out of a third trumpet to beat a certain mission later in the game. It's never ideal, but it can be worth it sometimes.

:five: :allears:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

also it isn't said enough but the music of this game really slaps

great mix of witch house/weirdsynth

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

:golfclap:

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

MiiNiPaa posted:

So, Mizu is basically a Corporation version of Dr. Bright?

But Dr. Bright is also management at the SCP. Mizu is Mizu. She's not even a team captain right now, and I don't think she's ever been a team captain so far. But she doesn't need to be, since Mizu is Mizu.

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

I just read this all over two days, and I’m loving it. If it didn’t involve my pixel mans dying a bunch I would totally get it. Also, I would just end up missing the story you’ve added to it I feel.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Hopefully Just Mizu is actually Just....

Regallion fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jul 21, 2020

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I just realized that I made a major error in story update 15, and have edited it to fix the issue. The changes are outlined below:

Day 15 - Story (changes bold) posted:

In summary: Netzach's department is supposed to keep people from dying. It doesn't work, and he's given up on the job-in large part because he never wanted it in the first place. Because he doesn't care anymore he has no problem with being as absolutely no-effort as possible, but despite everything he can't be fired and he can't quit. We're stuck with him for some reason, and he'll probably try to kill us because he's an AI and this is a video game.

I apologize for any inconvenience, and will try to avoid omitting such important information in the future. :v:

Edit: I have also just learned that my phone autocorrects 15 to 13. Fixed.

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jul 21, 2020

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Day 17: Gameplay Again

Music: neutral 2

No changes. The issue was with our execution, not our planning.

Let's all do our best today!

Hey, since the day's starting with Mizu working the new guy, I'm gonna go call Bishop.

Oh? I can call him-I'm taking over as captain, after all.

Would you? Let him know to review the handbook for type-B emergency protocols. We got a feedback about him not following policy yesterday.

We did?! I must have missed it-

No biggie, I already filed it.

I hope it's soon… I wouldn't mind a pay raise.

Hold on-getting a call. Hello?

Hi, Bishop? Medea, from the Training team.

Yeah, I've seen you around. What's up?

We received feedback about your team yesterday. You didn't respond to a type-B emergency with the right protocol. Could you give the rules a once-over today, when you get the chance?

Type-B..? Oh, that. The bees died in the same corridor they spawned in, there wasn't any reason to evacuate the newbies.

Still, try to keep the policy in mind, okay?

Right, got it.

You're a cute li'l footguy with legs for days~ Gonna get your information and learn allayour ways~

That never stops being creepy.

X, will you be sending Zeta21 to the Queen Bee again?

Huh? Oh, yeah. No reason not to.

Wow… You really don't move, do you? I expected more out of a WAW.

All done working with Knight of Despair. Boksi, she's all yours.

Of course. I'm sure she'll be able to properly appreciate a member of the upper-crust coming to visit.

Hey, rear end in a top hat. If you're so 'upper-crust,' why the hell are you here working a job the same as any of us?

I'd explain it, but someone at your level simply wouldn't be able to understand. You reek of the backstreets.

I'm gonna 'reek' all over your stupid face, pompous-

Tenebrais, calm down… It doesn't matter what some guy says.

Rrrgh… Fine. You're on thin ice.

Oh… I'm shaking. Thank you, Credentia, for showing the girl some sense. :rolleyes:

Hey, boss, Queen Bee work didn't go great. Probably gonna' have spores.

Manager…

Dammit, Zeta..! I'm on it.

Got eyes on three clerks. Mr.Black, Mizu, Mr.Blond, get ready to intercept. Start in the elevator, we can work back to the main room after.

Sir!

Okie-dokie!

Hey! Some of this blood is mine!

If you're taking too many hits, back off to the regenerator and hold for more orders.

It was no trouble! We were able to clear the elevator! HAHAHAHA!

Good job, team. Return to the main room.

:v: Hah. Stupid bees. Not so tough now, are you?

:v: STILL TOUGH! THEY'RE STILL TOUGH! :gonk:

What the- again?!

It appears our initial response was slightly too slow. The bees escaped the elevator we planned to use to quarantine them.

And just like that, they're all going to die… again.

Not this time! Mr.Black, Mr.Blond, get back in there!

No problem, boss!

Once again a single bee escaped due to a miscalculation on my part. Unlike last time, this time around I pause and very carefully take stock of the entire situation. There's nothing near Central this time, and the only bees around are near the bottom. Just to be sure, I also unpause, wait a second, and pause again-sometimes Abnormalities can be stuck in door transitions, and I didn't want to lose another day to missing something. Luckily, it's just the bees down there in lower Information.

Training Team?

Yes sir?

End them.

Yes sir!

You're not going any further!

Hey, they're all ignoring us to go for Boksi!

Oh no, they can smell my pedigree!

Phew. Splendid work, everyone. I wonder why they went after me..?

Maybe that backstreets stench counts as bug repellant.

Ah, you might just be right..! Do you bottle it?

This guy… :argh:

Tenebrais, just breathe. In, out.

One more full scan… nothing. We've cleared out all the bees!

Does that mean I can go back to sleep?

I'd rather you stayed awake today, actualaaand he's offline. :sigh:

Now that that's done, back to work on getting all of Blue Star's information figured out. When we retry it resets everything we've done so far that day-so we had to re-unlock its name.

Amber Dawn.

I'll take these over those drat bees any day.

:v: Same, sir.

Talow's busy… Credentia! Elevator!

Can you aim a little lower? I've got a kink in my shoulder from the fighting earlier… Ah, that's it! Good birdie.

:shobon:

Amber Done.

Don't you have a body? Or… wait, are you a hologram? We've never talked outside of the monitor, so I never really was clear on that.

I have a body, the same as the Sephirot. The main difference is that I am significantly more advanced than any of them.

You all look the same to me…

Did you say something, X?

Yeah. We need to get back to work on figuring out Blue Star.

...Of course, sir.

I want to work with the Knight.

Um… what?

I want to work with Knight of Despair. If that posh idiot can do it, I can do it too.

Your suit is weak to White damage… and TETH level. Um… this is dangerous!

Don't care. Doing it.

Um..!

For some reason I decide to have Tenebrais start working with KoD, alternating between her and Boksi. This definitely won't end badly. :thumbsup:

All departments, we're reading a Crimson Noon for the next meltdown. Beware of clowns.

I send Mr.Blond to deal with You Must Be Happy, and promptly forget to stop running it until I happen to pause later. This is also probably fine.

Well hey there, Talow. What're you doing here?

You're a newbie working with a powerful White damage Abnormality. You already know what I'm doing here.

It's at this point that I try to set up another work with Queen Bee and notice Mr.Blond has only 20 HP.

:stare: Yeah… We need to fix that. I'm not sure if having a stat penalty of over 200 points will kill an agent the same way as having a buff will, but even if it wouldn't we need to buff him up to survive a possible Queen Bee pollen again.

Here's hoping this goes better than the last time…

It does. Since Mr.Blond is now able to work Blue Star successfully, I toss him into the rotation as well. Since his base stats are only level 3, he'll gain stats like they're level 3 despite the bonus. This is actually hilariously abusable and I'll have to keep it in mind for later.

My my, you're trying to draw me in aren't you? Too bad! It seems I'm simply too observant to fall for that! You won't be getting a leg up on me, HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Work proceeds without issue, hindered by me being unwilling to work with Blue Star once it's hit -12%.

Oh hey, I found the Noon. Let's watch it kill a few clerks.

Manager!

I'm kidding, geez. Talow's already on his way.

Go with the flow of the body…

And the mind!

Talow does several of the multi-stab attacks in a row, basically shredding the Noon.

Standard procedure when the Noon is dead, pause and zoom out to find all the Dawns to have them taken care of.

Pictured: The reason Crimson becomes the most dangerous Dawn type later on. No matter how pathetic they are, if they release an ALEPH it can absolutely mess us up.

They do not release an ALEPH to absolutely mess us up. :v:

Again, huh...

Birdie, have you ever thought about becoming a masseuse? This is actually really nice.

Slow day, huh? I've only had to work with Rudolta once.

Slow for us. Zeta21's been working with that bee all day, and Twee there's been working Instinct with Laetitia so much her hat's fallen off.

No it ha--OH GOSH! My hat! Where'd it go?! I have to go find it!

Have fun, kiddo.

A graphical glitch here: Twee's hat has just vanished. This just happens sometimes… like I've said before, the coding of this game is a little off in places.

Another Normal on Queen Bee fires off 3 more infections into the Safety team, but it hits the Agents so everything is fine. Phew!

Huh. That does burn!

Isn't it incredible? Haha!

It is!

I'm surrounded by idiots…

The damage after the pollen is about half of their health now. Not bad.

Again?! I'll send someone to-

Manager, it's not Punishing Bird this time!

Mission failed. Maybe next time I shouldn't throw an Agent at a higher level Abnormality with a damage type they're weak to. :eng99:

Stupid goddamn knight doesn't know the first drat thing about what she's talking about!

:v: Oh my god..! Who's done this to you, Miss Tenebrais?! Who shall I slay as pennance?! :black101:

...Angela, remind me to send a memo about agent fan clubs. This seems to be getting a bit out of hand.

Shut the hell up and get out of my way! Where is that posh bastard I'm gonna take this anger out on his stupid face!

...Of course, X.

Talow?! Out of my way!

Tenebrais, your mental corruption's too high. I have to knock some sense back into you.

I'm fine! You don't even know what happened!

Alright then, what happened this time?

I was working with that damned knight, and while we're talking she just up and says, out of nowhere, "Where's Boksi? I'd prefer if he were here." That useless, pretentious, newbie!

Well, obviously.

What do you mean, 'obviously?!'

Knight of Despair is an Abnormality made of despair from failing to protect others. Her entire existence is protecting the weak. So if she wanted Boksi around…

...Oh my god.

I knew I was better than that mossheaded moron.

There ya' go. Let's get back to it.

:v: That. Was. Awesome!!!!

Hey, Tenebrais. You all done with your little tantrum?

Yyyyyep.

Great. I just wanted to show you this new gift. The Knight of Despair saw fit to grant me a portion of her power, because of my obviously superior upbringing.

Y'know what, Boksi? That's good for you. I'm sure you'll need all the help you can get around here.

I'm so glad the two of you are finally starting to get along! But… you did go over the corruption limits. You know what that means, right?

No..?

...I hate this job. :sigh:

Meanwhile, we've finally (at Meltdown level 6!) managed to unlock all of Blue Star's information, which will allow us to start towards getting its gear. The suit costs 150 PE boxes to buy, and the weapon is another 222 on top of that. As a reminder, we've already had to spend 142 to get this far. ALEPH stuff is hard to buy, but it's worth the price. Just look at those numbers!

Scarecrow's out, Manager!

Training Team's already on it.

You poor thing. We'll put you back to sleep soon.

...This is getting a little bit out of control.

The more cells we have, the broader the effects of the meltdowns will reach.

Ugh. At least this place can't get much bigger.

Zeta21's HP are a bit too low to work with Queen Bee, so to be safe I throw Medea over at her when setting up all the works.

In other news, I found a new way to make my life difficult. This is now a completely luck-based tool.

Every time, this machine is so silly…

There's no way I'd ever be unhappy! :keke:

Phew. That's one crisis averted.

Manager…

Tell Hod I'll get to Punishing Bird in a minute.

It's not that, Manager.

Then what is it?

1.76 MHz is about to suffer a critical meltdown.

Great. Wonderful. Good to know we're back in familiar territory.

Punishing Bird can wait. Malkuth, get Bishop on the radio.

Yes, Manager! He should be able to handle it without issue.

There's a whole room full of people. Why is it going after me?

I told it you needed a good back massage..?

Credentia…

You don't like it?

Meanwhile we've finally gotten our hands on Blue Star's E.G.O suit, which will be incredibly helpful in the coming days.

Shall we continue until we get the weapon, X?

No… I don't think so. Today's been long enough.

Yes, sir.

zzz...

Oh, it's time to quit already? Cool!

He's just snoring. How could you tell?

He rolled in front of the door to the Enkephalin cabinet.

Aha! He's protecting it, I see.

Oh hey, Tenebrais, where were you?.

Is that Knight of Despair's gift?

Close enough. I grabbed a bottle of tears while we were doing Attachment work before and used an old Backstreets trick to tattoo this thing on my face with 'em.

That sounds incredibly dangerous..!

Probably. Don't care.

:geno: That's the coolest thing I have ever heard.

Hey guys, I'm gonna be back in a few.

Hey boss? While we're boxing things up… was it really necessary to evac during that thing with the bees earlier?

Bishop pointed out that the policy for type-B emergencies had been updated, so it's our job to follow it perfectly! I'm really proud of how diligently he always goes through the codes to track this stuff down bee-fore there's a problem!

You actually read all this stuff?

No, but if I told her someone filed a complaint, she'd blow a fuse...

Good point.

Ah… how much longer until Reunion?

So everyone made it out okay. Great. Just gotta get up and do it again tomorrow.

Alright, pack it in everyone! Time to call it a day.

There's a lot of 100s starting to crop up across the facility. We'll probably see our first couple maxed out Agents tomorrow.

Music: never frozen bottom flows

T-09-97: Those betrayed hearts sank into the depths, slowly forgotten in the ever-lengthening corridors of time.
T-09-85: Now everything will be just fine.
T-09-78: The final chapter ends with the phrase: "Born again."

We've talked about two of these before, so I'll summarize again: -85 is a trap option, and -78 is situational and can blow people up. That leaves -97, which is a highly situational tool that can permanently destroy our E.G.O weapons if it feels like it. This sounds bad, but it might theoretically come in handy at one point about 20 days from now.

We take that one, of course. It says a lot about Tool Abnormalities that 'Might maybe come in handy 20 days down the line' is a convincing selling point.

Next time, on Lobotomy Corporation: Another message from B.

New Guidelines

Blue Star

New Gear

Requirements: Level 5, Prudence 5, Temperance 5

New Story

Blue Star

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jul 2, 2021

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

TeeQueue posted:

Slow day, huh? I've only had to work with Rudolta once.

Slow for us. Zeta21's been working with that bee all day, and Twee there's been working Instinct with Laetitia so much her hat's fallen off.

No it ha--OH GOSH! My hat! Where'd it go?! I have to go find it!

Have fun, kiddo.

A graphical glitch here: Twee's hat has just vanished. This just happens sometimes… like I've said before, the coding of this game is a little off in places.

Insert D.A.D. joke about Twee'king the name plate to Tenebrais's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

PFT-I got the wrong nametag. Thanks, I'll fix it now.