Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Wayforward would make a sick Metroid game.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Wayforward would make a sick Metroid game.....

Maybe? They make a lot of licensed crap metroidvanias so sure give em the brand and a budget and it could be sick. Hype for whateve the reveal is

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I love the GBA Metroids but I'm largely meh on the franchise as a whole. Wario Land just makes too much sense but who knows. Hell it could just be a weirdly worded tweet and it's just some new franchise and not related to Nintendo at all.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1281354234328313856

RIP

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't trust the perverts at WayForward to put Shantae and Wario in the same game without him licking her or something horrible.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

American McGay posted:

I love the GBA Metroids but I'm largely meh on the franchise as a whole. Wario Land just makes too much sense but who knows. Hell it could just be a weirdly worded tweet and it's just some new franchise and not related to Nintendo at all.

Fusion and Zero Mission are pure gamer bliss

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't trust the perverts at WayForward to put Shantae and Wario in the same game without him licking her or something horrible.

Okay.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Fusion and Zero Mission are pure gamer bliss

yeah those and the handheld castlevanias are all masterpiece level games

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

thats most of the franchise

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I like their games but they need to be chemically castrated

Pushy Cat
Jun 24, 2016

*Daytona USA-ishly* Nin-TEN-DO

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol the Wayforward game they teased yesterday is a Bakugan game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

cant watch the stream, how does paper mario look?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Not like TTYD that's for sure

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante posted:

anyone pissed by this needs to be blocked from reading nintendos twitter for their own health

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bakugan to the polls

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Not like TTYD that's for sure
:qq:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fungah! posted:

it looks really really boring

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

it looks really really boring

drat

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
What is Bakugan

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In this anime adventure series, a bunch of more-than-ordinary playing cards drop from the sky, landing all over Earth. A group of friends who pick up the cards -- Dan, Bruno, Marucho, Julie, Shun and Alice -- team up to become the Bakugan Battle Brawlers. The Battle Brawlers must assist in the battle between good and evil in a parallel universe. As they learn more about the cards, they discover more about the power struggle in the alternate universe of New Vestroia, and do their utmost to help the Bakugan there win the day.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
It should play exactly like Pokemon Trading Card Game on the Gameboy and it would be 10/10

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat an hour huh...one meaty video.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

battle system seems cool, but the exploration reminds me a lot of tearaway...like almost identically with the confetti as currency and such.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/PackBenPack/status/1281647153471873027

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There And Bakugan

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
https://twitter.com/FreshFreshSalad/status/1282148623753650178

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

deleted

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

don't know why they deleted it but the tweet is actually on archive.org:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200712031856/https://twitter.com/FreshFreshSalad/status/1282148623753650178

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

anyone get origami king? how is it?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I was gonna wait but Wal-Mart is doing the $48 physical on launch thing so I'll probably grab it next time I'm out. I'm sure it's great and cute and gorgeous and charming but it's also probably pretty boring.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

why are we here...just to suffer

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Origami King is very good so far.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

American McGay posted:

I was gonna wait but Wal-Mart is doing the $48 physical on launch thing so I'll probably grab it next time I'm out. I'm sure it's great and cute and gorgeous and charming but it's also probably pretty boring.
That's my impression so far, gonna shelf it for a bit since it occupies a similar zen/chillout place as Death Stranding which I'm also playing. I hope that makes sense because typing it makes it sound insane.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

That's my impression so far, gonna shelf it for a bit since it occupies a similar zen/chillout place as Death Stranding which I'm also playing. I hope that makes sense because typing it makes it sound insane.

No that makes perfect sense. I did so much walking around the environment in origami king yesterday. But so far the start is pretty slow going. The writing feels better than color splash but it’s been a long time since I played that one so I can’t say for sure.

Yet another museum to build up too. That’s a plus for me.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/07/nintendo_direct_mini_partner_showcase_airs_later_today

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/philipglass/status/1283854000392151041