Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Scott Mitchell had a hell of a game.

E: goddammit, the snipe to confuse everyone on earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
I've really enjoyed the NFL Network playing old regular season games and Super Bowls. Idk if they regularly do that or if it's covid-related. But they play a lot of regular season games from last year, which is okay, BUT. I'd looove to see some regular season games from like the 90's or early 2000's. Really hits the nostalgia button.

Also the Raiders/Bucs Super Bowl was actually a lot closer than people remember. And I recently saw the Ravens/Giants Super Bowl. Dilfer hit Stoakley for a 30-yard TD early and I was like hmm maybe he was misjudged...then he spent the rest of the game missing WIDE OPEN TOUCHDOWNS all over the field.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Highbrow Slick posted:

I've really enjoyed the NFL Network playing old regular season games and Super Bowls. Idk if they regularly do that or if it's covid-related. But they play a lot of regular season games from last year, which is okay, BUT. I'd looove to see some regular season games from like the 90's or early 2000's. Really hits the nostalgia button.

Also the Raiders/Bucs Super Bowl was actually a lot closer than people remember. And I recently saw the Ravens/Giants Super Bowl. Dilfer hit Stoakley for a 30-yard TD early and I was like hmm maybe he was misjudged...then he spent the rest of the game missing WIDE OPEN TOUCHDOWNS all over the field.

Dilfer got dragged kicking and screaming to that Super Bowl by a stud WR core, Special Teams and a generationally stacked D

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Dilfer got dragged kicking and screaming to that Super Bowl by a stud WR core, Special Teams and a generationally stacked D

Without looking, who was the backup RB on that team?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

No idea. I'm not even sure who the starter was.

At a guess I'd say Jamal Lewis but even then I'm not 100% sure that's his name either

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

Priest Holmes?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ozymandius1024 posted:

Priest Holmes?

This is my guess/my almost certainly right guess. But I'm in a particularly good place as a fan to remember this.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

ozymandius1024 posted:

Priest Holmes?

I wouldn't have guessed it if you hadn't mentioned it, but yeah this is right. I know they had drafted Lewis this year, and used him pretty heavily.

Didn't Holmes leave right after that for KC to grab some spotlight?

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

GD_American posted:

I wouldn't have guessed it if you hadn't mentioned it, but yeah this is right. I know they had drafted Lewis this year, and used him pretty heavily.

He did, yeah.

I always forget that Lewis was the lead back for that team, cause I always assumed he came along later (but that's because it was his rookie season, and then he missed the next year)

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

CyberPingu posted:

That was not a stud WR corps by any means. But not nearly as bad as some of the units that would follow in like 03 and 04 especially.

And yeah that one TD Dilfer missed to wide open Patrick Johnson(though he might have just dropped it anyway)...yikes. He also threw that pick 6 to Armstead that got called back but that whole sequence did happen due to Lewis getting held up. But that could have swung the game in NYs favor if it stood.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jul 20, 2020

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

GD_American posted:

I remember I wanted to sign Charlie Garner that year and was disappointed the Chiefs got Priest instead.

As much as a certain San Diego Chargers fan here hates him I'd say Priest worked out pretty well.

e: poo poo I am still loving doing that with the Chargers, I probably will forever.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I don't want to hear from Myles Garrett about player safety. Sorry.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

When you're definitely not trying to stir up an argument...

mcmagic posted:

I don't want to hear from Myles Garrett about player safety. Sorry.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

SKULL.GIF posted:

When you're definitely not trying to stir up an argument...

Myles Garrett is a dirty scumbag who tries to injure other players. That should't cause an argument. It's just obvious.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Raiders/Bucs Super Bowl wasn’t even close. The Bucs defence absolutely demolished Rich Gannon

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

DariusLikewise posted:

The Raiders/Bucs Super Bowl wasn’t even close. The Bucs defence absolutely demolished Rich Gannon

It's almost as if the Bucs knew all of the Raiders plays :v:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

DariusLikewise posted:

There was a point in the 3rd/4th were it got kinda close and stopped being a total blowout. The Raiders scored three straight touchdowns (And failed two-point attempts on all three) to make it 34-21 with about 6 minutes left in the game. One of those was on a blocked punt, Tampa had a botched field goal, and I think a fumble during that sequence as well, so they still had a shot. Of course, the Raiders last two possessions ended in back to back pick sixes in the final 2 minutes, so the score ends up even more lopsided, but the Raiders did actually got going for a little bit there.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

Eifert Posting posted:

New Orleans is an amazing market for a football team and they sell out every game why would anybody be interested in moving them?

My apologies on not answering this sooner as I am in the process of moving into a new house that is eating up alot of my free time. But there's a few reasons I believe it would happen if they forced a sale.

No one that lives in Louisiana can afford a football team, the Benson's were it so unless everyone in Louisiana starts eating nothing but Drew Brees' restaurants I don't see a local buyer. There were rumors that before the succession plan happened with the grandkids being written out of the team they were looking at LA.

The Superdome is old, yes it basically was redone after Katrina and is being renovated but it's not "new" and unless they played somewhere else for a couple of years not sure where you would put a new stadium. New owners would want a fancy new monstrosity.

While New Orleans is Saints crazy and does great tv ratings, it isn't a large media market so they could use that as a reason to leave.

On the flip side you would almost certainly have to buy the Pelicans as well so I'm sure that would complicate things as well so not sure outside of the biggest names like Bezos who would pony up that kind of cash.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
nobody:

mcmagic: LEMME TELL YOU BOUT THAT PIECE OF poo poo MILES GARRETT

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

hifi posted:

cris: al i'll tell you about those teens

this deserves a :thurman:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Myles Garrett is a dirty scumbag who tries to injure other players. That should't cause an argument. It's just obvious.

yawn

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Myles Garrett is a hero

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Myles Garrett is a hero

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

mcmagic posted:

:jerkbag:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If he’s here then the AFCEast security fence must be down. poo poo!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Amy Pole Her posted:

If he’s here then the AFCEast security fence must be down. poo poo!

Hey hey that's your guys job to keep him in there

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Quick someone post in there about Jamal Adams deserving to get paid

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
mcmagic is right. y'all just sweeping it under the rug bc you've justified his behavior based on an unsubstantiated claim, whereas millions of people watched what Garrett did.

Not one person backed Garrett's claim, but it's gospel in TFF somehow

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Don't give running backs big contracts

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

D-LINK posted:

mcmagic is right. y'all just sweeping it under the rug bc you've justified his behavior based on an unsubstantiated claim, whereas millions of people watched what Garrett did.

Except no one was talking about it and McMagic brought it up for no loving reason other than to be a dick

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

D-LINK posted:

I am not going to go into who initiated and who escalated again, but ultimately I'm still going to side with Garrett over Rudolph because gently caress Rudolph. The end.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Also lol Steelers fans of all people pearl clutching over dirty players.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

gently caress da steelers

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Mcmagic is just mad because he justified adams not getting paid because others in his class hadn't got an extension yet when in fact they were talking about privately because those franchises treat their stars right

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

I am not going to go into who initiated and who escalated again, but ultimately I'm still going to side with Garrett over Rudolph because gently caress Rudolph. The end.

Mason Rudolph is barely a backup level player, and Garrett is one of the league's premier players at his position. I'm not sure why anyone cares at all about Rudolph- he's likely to be out of the league the minute his rookie contract expires. But Garrett just got hella paid after removing his helmet and bludgeoning a scrub.

Cool cool, very cool

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Also lol Steelers fans of all people pearl clutching over dirty players.

Shut up vendetta bitch

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

D-LINK posted:

Shut up vendetta bitch

Remember when James Harrison threw a tantrum when people even mentioned head hunting being bad?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

D-LINK posted:

Mason Rudolph is barely a backup level player, and Garrett is one of the league's premier players at his position. I'm not sure why anyone cares at all about Rudolph- he's likely to be out of the league the minute his rookie contract expires. But Garrett just got hella paid after removing his helmet and bludgeoning a scrub.

Cool cool, very cool

It was quite cool, yes

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

"pearl clutching"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots