Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

ymgve posted:

Kill it with Fire: HEATWAVE is a free demo of a game where you hunt spiders in your house, and collateral damage is expected:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APYY8HqhBE4

Was fun to play with for an hour, might get the full game when it releases:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1366290/Kill_It_With_Fire_HEATWAVE/
Would only consider if there is a mod to let you put them in a jar and take them outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

jesus god gently caress come ON

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200720005122/en/Shin-Megami-Tensei-Remaster-Acclaimed-Shin-Megami

i'm finally getting shin megami tensei nocturne updated for modern consoles and it's on the switch and not the PC and I hate atlus so much

Orv
May 4, 2011
Atlus: P4 sold incredibly well on PC!

Also Atlus: Lol gently caress you guys though

Nintendo is probably paying for the remaster on some level but it's still pretty funny.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

as a long-time main series fan, I VASTLY prefer the main series to persona and actually kinda hate persona 3

so naturally guess which one gets the PC release. goddamnit nintendo.

:sigh:

thank you for witnessing my annoyance thread I appreciate y'all

e: anyone wanna buy me a switch for xmas (I'll save up for that I guess. gently caress nintendo's exclusive policy)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

When is Atlus finally gonna port their big bazoomy beatemups to Steam.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Nocturne HD is also coming to PS4, so an eventual PC port isn't entirely out of the question.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

is there an exclusivity deal on persona 5 or was atlus just being weird by only putting it on ps3/ps4? after persona 4 sold what it did on steam, they’d be insane not to start porting 5 if they’re allowed to and that’s the one I’d really like to see on pc.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

StrixNebulosa posted:

as a long-time main series fan, I VASTLY prefer the main series to persona and actually kinda hate persona 3

so naturally guess which one gets the PC release. goddamnit nintendo.

:sigh:

thank you for witnessing my annoyance thread I appreciate y'all

e: anyone wanna buy me a switch for xmas (I'll save up for that I guess. gently caress nintendo's exclusive policy)

How dead set are you in playing handheld? My Switch sporadically recognizes the right controller if it's in handheld mode (using contact cleaner or reseating the controller works briefly but it's annoying), so I am thinking of selling it fairly cheap (like half price) and buying another one. Nintendo will fix it right up, but I have kids that like to play it a lot during summer + COVID so a potential few week downtime is problematic.

There are an insane amount of incredible games on the Switch. Even non-exclusives that are a blast to play handheld. Looking at you, Diablo 3. That console has been a live saver during quarantine.

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 20, 2020

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

i saw the announcement on twitter and OF COURSE one of the screens is loving matador

I STILL LOVE SMT INJECT IT IN MY VEINS preferably on pc but i will take switch, ps4, whatever

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm in the mood for action-y games that let me attack like a big fancy goddamn wizard. Think Dragon's Dogma sorcerer caliber levels of flashy, no-kill-like-overkill destruction, except in a game I'd actually be interested in playing (trust me, I've tried); or perhaps something like Destiny 2 with less guns and more magic-related flimflam. Also acceptable to my current mood are games like Nova Drift, because that's a game designed for becoming a bright powerful spectacle :v:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 20, 2020

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ciaphas posted:

I'm in the mood for action-y games that let me attack like a big fancy goddamn wizard. Think Dragon's Dogma sorcerer caliber levels of flashy, no-kill-like-overkill destruction, except in a game I'd actually be interested in playing (trust me, I've tried), or perhaps something like Destiny 2 with less guns and more magic-related flimflam. Also acceptable to my current mood are games like Nova Drift, because that's a game designed for becoming a bright powerful spectacle :v:

Have you tried Noita yet?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Ragequit posted:

How dead set are you in playing handheld? My Switch sporadically recognizes the right controller if it's in handheld mode (using contact cleaner or reseating the controller works briefly but it's annoying), so I am thinking of selling it fairly cheap (like half price) and buying another one. Nintendo will fix it right up, but I have kids that like to play it a lot during summer + COVID so a potential few week downtime is problematic.

There are an insane amount of incredible games on the Switch. Even non-exclusives that are a blast to play handheld. Looking at you, Diablo 3. That console has been a live saver during quarantine.

I'm only really interested in the SMT games so far, but thank you for the offer! I won't take you up on it though - I'll probably get a new one next year, closer to when SMT drops.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

I'm in the mood for action-y games that let me attack like a big fancy goddamn wizard. Think Dragon's Dogma sorcerer caliber levels of flashy, no-kill-like-overkill destruction, except in a game I'd actually be interested in playing (trust me, I've tried); or perhaps something like Destiny 2 with less guns and more magic-related flimflam. Also acceptable to my current mood are games like Nova Drift, because that's a game designed for becoming a bright powerful spectacle :v:

Uh, Lichdom: Battlemage?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

exquisite tea posted:

When is Atlus finally gonna port their big bazoomy beatemups Etrian Odyssey to Steam.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

That's not what I said!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ciaphas posted:

It might make you hate your fingers, and is isometric view. But the Magicka games on steam are some of the most pure strain "You are a bullshit murder wizard" games I've seen. Though even with the checkpoint system it can be a bit rough in some patches playing solo (Multiplayer the biggest risk is eachother, but everyone can spam casting rez). Looking at you, that one lava cave full of dwarf mages casting giant boulder :argh:

But the spellcasting is done via desperately mashing the QWER and ASDF keys for respective element types, with the occasional "This specific order of elements plus spacebar = grease, time dilation, rainstorms, dispel, etc". So while you CAN belt out insane steam+lightning+death laser turbo murder beams, enchant your sword to lay a line of burning rocks, then top yourself off with healing landmines? It can be kinder on your fingers to just go for traditional fireballs, or freezing things then throwing a big rock at them.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

exquisite tea posted:

That's not what I said!

It's what you should've said!

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

StrixNebulosa posted:

Uh, Lichdom: Battlemage?

don't. It's really bad.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Lichdom: Battlemage is a pretty fun game. The plot is complete nonsense and it goes on for too long but all the different spell effects are fun and it usually costs like 2bux these days.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Nah. Rather play Dark Messiah again.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Bigass SW3 video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4EW85BKB28

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Lichdom Battlemage is frustrating for a lot of people because it’s most of a really good game but falls short a lot of the time. I liked it well enough but there’s a lot of small changes that would have made for a much better game. Especially the level design, which I found pretty poor.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

haldolium posted:

don't. It's really bad.

It really is. It looks so cool on paper but in reality it's slow and boring and if the spellcrafting mechanics actually got interesting later (and from videos I looked at, they don't), too bad, it's a complete slog to get there.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

This looks fun as hell

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Armor-Piercing posted:

Nocturne HD is also coming to PS4, so an eventual PC port isn't entirely out of the question.

Even if the success of the P4 port has changed their minds, they're not going to magically port a game over the weekend. It'll take some time to open the floodgates. I wouldn't be surprised to learn of another port before the year's end.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I love that this video, as batshit insane as it may sound, is actually a decent summary of the MGS franchise

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
maybe i'll finish nocturne this time.

:hmbol:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

Neverwinter Nights, maybe?

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
There's also the fact they've revealed both games during a Nintendo direct. Like hell they're going to promote other platforms. Nocturne HD looks like it'll hit the PC platform sooner or later.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Hwurmp posted:

Neverwinter Nights, maybe?

I love NWN but that's a terrible recommendation for what they want.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Mordja posted:

It really is. It looks so cool on paper but in reality it's slow and boring and if the spellcrafting mechanics actually got interesting later (and from videos I looked at, they don't), too bad, it's a complete slog to get there.

could be worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6JXeX9sYYE

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Orv posted:

I love NWN but that's a terrible recommendation for what they want.

I'm just stumped for real-time games that go in on big wizardry.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
this is about to come out, been looking forward to it. big time monster body horror poo poo, extremely up my alley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTCheRo9Md4

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The most disappointing thing about Lichdom to me is that it could've very easily been a better game. There are a few challenge arenas in the game that are fantastic, a large number of enemies, fast-paced, you have to go absolutely nuts with your already op powers to make it through, its just a blast. It shows that they knew how to make a good encounter, instead of the plodding mess that is the other 99% of the game.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Section Z posted:

It might make you hate your fingers, and is isometric view. But the Magicka games on steam are some of the most pure strain "You are a bullshit murder wizard" games I've seen. Though even with the checkpoint system it can be a bit rough in some patches playing solo (Multiplayer the biggest risk is eachother, but everyone can spam casting rez). Looking at you, that one lava cave full of dwarf mages casting giant boulder :argh:

But the spellcasting is done via desperately mashing the QWER and ASDF keys for respective element types, with the occasional "This specific order of elements plus spacebar = grease, time dilation, rainstorms, dispel, etc". So while you CAN belt out insane steam+lightning+death laser turbo murder beams, enchant your sword to lay a line of burning rocks, then top yourself off with healing landmines? It can be kinder on your fingers to just go for traditional fireballs, or freezing things then throwing a big rock at them.

Man, Magicka 1 was such a great game, one of all time great coop experiences. I didn't play 2 but I saw people were generally down on it, what happened?

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

uber_stoat posted:

this is about to come out, been looking forward to it. big time monster body horror poo poo, extremely up my alley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTCheRo9Md4

The demo was a lot of fun, wonder how long the game is.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Re: wizardchat

I picked up Wizard of Legend in the summer sale. It's basically a 2d roguelite character action game. It looks fantastic in action and feels great if you want to be a kung-fu battlemage type guy.

Any game featuring a mega rock drill attack gets my automatic approval
Edit: ^ video demonstration here.

damn horror queefs fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 20, 2020

Orv
May 4, 2011

Hwurmp posted:

I'm just stumped for real-time games that go in on big wizardry.

Magicka and Noita are really kind of the two ones I can think of. Noita might not really qualify because it's entirely possible to have many, many runs as a roguelike where you don't get to turn entire screens into blood soup but it comes together often enough that I'd recommend it for this request.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Fictorum might be the thing. Third person action-y rear end in a top hat wizard simulator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Superhot: well hot drat, I never got into the first one as despite it being slow I had trouble getting into its fight rhythm, but this one? Mind Control Delete is GOOD. I feel powerful and I'm having fun and already the poor superhot system is all "please stop playing this is pointless" and lol welcome to humanity give me more