Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

Statutory Ape posted:

lol good point tbh

separetely,

navy is losing vessels in port, federal judges families are being shot, cops openly gassing americans en mass, secret federal police openly dragging people off the streets

what a time to be alive

Over a five day period at the end of May, Eglin Air Force Base in Florida lost two current gen fighter jets during routine training missions. The first was a F-22, the second was a F-35. In the following month, a (fatal) third crash occurred, also during a routine training mission, this time of an F-16 out of a different AFB in SC.

Dunno what to think about that, but it seems really odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016

Inverted Icon posted:

In history? What about like, Archdupe Ferdinand and what's his face the anarchist

Well, let's say after intelligence agencies, information campaigns and psychological operations became things worldwide. The point is that it's almost literally impossible to ascertain which gunman killing which person of interest is an agency operative, hitman with connections or just a certified lunatic nowadays.

Reminder that 6 corporations control about 90% of news media in the USA, which are all obscenely valuable and the owners certainly in the 1%.

End of Shoelace fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jul 20, 2020

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

A killer dressed up like a delivery man is literally something out of the Hitman games.

Also don't mentally-ill killers go for more obvious targets like presidents or abortion clinics or Scientology? This judge on the other hand isn't much of a conventional target. I find it hard to believe that the average person knew who this woman was, much less where she and her family lived.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Inverted Icon posted:

In history? What about like, Archdupe Ferdinand and what's his face the anarchist

The Black Hand as a whole were pretty nuts, it just happened to work out for them. It's not hard to imagine an alternate history where Austria invaded Serbia and the rest of the Entente said "you know what, gently caress the serbs, they're a bunch of assholes" though.

But I'd assume End of Shoelace was talking about the US and recent history.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Dynastocles posted:

A killer dressed up like a delivery man is literally something out of the Hitman games.

Also don't mentally-ill killers go for more obvious targets like presidents or abortion clinics or Scientology? This judge on the other hand isn't much of a conventional target. I find it hard to believe that the average person knew who this woman was, much less where she and her family lived.

it was probably someone whose family member she sent to prison, you guys are overthinking this poo poo

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Dynastocles posted:

A killer dressed up like a delivery man is literally something out of the games.

If her name came up in a Q forum, that's enough for a disturbed person to pick her. Especially if she lived nearby.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

yea and its freaky seeing all the politicians and that police union guy w the qanon mug and poo poo

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

GRECOROMANGRABASS posted:

Over a five day period at the end of May, Eglin Air Force Base in Florida lost two current gen fighter jets during routine training missions. The first was a F-22, the second was a F-35. In the following month, a (fatal) third crash occurred, also during a routine training mission, this time of an F-16 out of a different AFB in SC.

Dunno what to think about that, but it seems really odd.

It’s absolutely not odd. High performance flying is never “routine” and always dangerous. Like these are supersonic fighter jets capable of incredible feats of maneuvering. “Routine training mission” is not a term you should ever use to describe what those guys do. Training accidents happen all over the world all the time. And due to a renewed focus on China and Russia in the military they’re training a lot harder for air to air combat which is the most dangerous form of flying. And you’re not training properly if you’re not trying to make it as real as you can. And when you do that, you lose airframes and people can get hurt and sometimes die, but that’s part of the job. Now if these were say, all the same aircraft failing in a similar way it could point to issues with the airframe in general, or if they were from the unit it could point to leadership issues, but accidents during training are kind of expected. Not that anyone wants that to happen but risk will always be an element in that world.

It’s kind of like with Apollo 13, there had been so many space missions to the general public it seemed routine, but when you get right down to there is never anything routine or not dangerous about going to the moon.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Julius CSAR posted:

It’s absolutely not odd. High performance flying is never “routine” and always dangerous. Like these are supersonic fighter jets capable of incredible feats of maneuvering. “Routine training mission” is not a term you should ever use to describe what those guys do. Training accidents happen all over the world all the time. And due to a renewed focus on China and Russia in the military they’re training a lot harder for air to air combat which is the most dangerous form of flying. And you’re not training properly if you’re not trying to make it as real as you can. And when you do that, you lose airframes and people can get hurt and sometimes die, but that’s part of the job. Now if these were say, all the same aircraft failing in a similar way it could point to issues with the airframe in general, or if they were from the unit it could point to leadership issues, but accidents during training are kind of expected. Not that anyone wants that to happen but risk will always be an element in that world.

It’s kind of like with Apollo 13, there had been so many space missions to the general public it seemed routine, but when you get right down to there is never anything routine or not dangerous about going to the moon.

Like I read your post, then I saw you AV, and I just went "drat this guy probably knows what he's talking about"

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

LifeSunDeath posted:

Like I read your post, then I saw you AV, and I just went "drat this guy probably knows what he's talking about"

I’m not an authority by any means but Ive spent a lot of time around fast jets and know many people involved involved in high performance flying, be they military or civilian.

Now that all being said, don’t think they don’t take every effort to be as safe as they can be. But the risk factor will always be very high.

Anyway I also want to stop this derail before it goes farther because this isn’t the jet chat thread

Julius CSAR fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jul 20, 2020

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

smoobles posted:

it was probably someone whose family member she sent to prison, you guys are overthinking this poo poo

A Q Anon dude walked up to a mob boss and executed him because he "was in on it". A guy drove his whole family (wife +4 kids) on an hours long run from the cops while ranting on livestream about how the radio was sending him "Q codes".

Stop underestimating the mentally ill right wing of America. The right wing media is feeding these delusions, it will get worse.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Apparently the suspected shooter suicided

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/19/us/federal-judge-esther-salas-shooting-investigation/index.html

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

End of Shoelace posted:

The point is that it's almost literally impossible to ascertain which gunman killing which person of interest is an agency operative, hitman with connections or just a certified lunatic nowadays.

given the target in this case, what the target was working on, and the whole fedex disguise thing the "certified lunatic" thing doesn't seem particularly likely. this is a judge working on a money laundering case involving a major world bank, not a pizza joint that people on 4chan are making up codewords about. and generally the conspiracy theorists think the banks are bad, they don't go around offing judges working on bank cases

that said, you'd think a professional would have checked the basement

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jul 20, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Earwicker posted:

given the target in this case, what the target was working on, and the whole fedex disguise thing the "certified lunatic" thing doesn't seem particularly likely. this is a judge working on a money laundering case involving a major world bank, not a pizza joint that people on 4chan are making up codewords about. and generally the conspiracy theorists think the banks are bad, they don't go around offing judges working on bank cases

that said, you'd think a professional would have checked the basement

That's because we don't know poo poo about poo poo and speculating that this assassin was your favorite flavor of assassin vs the other guys favorite flavor of assassin is just as productive.

The suicide isn't confirmed, the fact that he was dressed as a FedEx delivery person isn't confirmed.

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
Gosh, I wish some of you could see what your participating in. Replace conspiracy theories' with 'communism' and maybe it can help you see my side

"It's one thing to talk about communism, but it's Dangerous. All you need is one disturbed individual to think they're part of a global revolution and suddenly there's gunfire. I mean, look at Bill Ayers!"

"Oh that's Bob. You can ignore all his union talk, and 'communism theories'. Just between you and me, the other night I saw him posting on the rhizzone"

A family member recoiling from you, fear in their eyews because they believe you're dangerous. "What are you, a communist?" They ask as their head is filled with images of bombings, murders, breadlines, and famines

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Big Beef City posted:

That's because we don't know poo poo about poo poo and speculating that this assassin was your favorite flavor of assassin vs the other guys favorite flavor of assassin is just as productive.

well yea of course, but this is a thread in gbs for people who dont know poo poo to speculate in, not for being "productive" like wtf does that even mean? i dont think anyone itt is working on this case

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Hmmm yes the hitman on a mission to kill a female federal judge. He rings the doorbell and two men answer the door.

"Oh gently caress what do I do, what do I do, my cover is blown!" he thinks before losing his cool and randomly shooting at the two men then running away.

Having trouble squaring that scenario with Leon the loving Professional.

Earwicker posted:

given the target in this case, what the target was working on

The suspect in the killing was also an attorney. Maybe the attorney husband -- the person who he shot first -- was the actual target.

Maybe the guy was a Q obsessed whacko, or maybe someone was loving someone else's wife.

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
Maybe he was a Marx obsessed wacko

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Klyith posted:

The suspect in the killing was also an attorney. Maybe the attorney husband -- the person who he shot first -- was the actual target.

yeah i hadnt heard that part yet, tho its not confirmed. also seems like the shooter just opened fire immediately when the door was opened, didnt go into the house or check to make sure the victims were dead or anything like that

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Inverted Icon posted:

Gosh, I wish some of you could see what your participating in. Replace conspiracy theories' with 'communism' and maybe it can help you see my side

"It's one thing to talk about communism, but it's Dangerous. All you need is one disturbed individual to think they're part of a global revolution and suddenly there's gunfire. I mean, look at Bill Ayers!"

"Oh that's Bob. You can ignore all his union talk, and 'communism theories'. Just between you and me, the other night I saw him posting on the rhizzone"

A family member recoiling from you, fear in their eyews because they believe you're dangerous. "What are you, a communist?" They ask as their head is filled with images of bombings, murders, breadlines, and famines

What the gently caress are you talking about?

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Julius CSAR posted:

He's talking in codes; "head filled with images" means "mouth full of Hawaiian calzone".

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Julius CSAR posted:

they really want to talk about calzoneconspiracy but cant

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
This thread has shown me how people get away with having sex islands for 40 years.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

He's talking in codes; "head filled with images" means "mouth full of Hawaiian calzone".

MMM gonna need you to quote some stupid philosopher to understand, me thinks.

Wattsamatta
Feb 24, 2008

If you want the judge to do something, you don't kill them. Killing the judge gives you an unknown, as you can't guarantee you can control the next judge. So, you present the consequences of noncompliance to said judge. You immediately follow through at the first signs of resistance. Something goes slightly wrong - two targets go down instead of just one. Contingency is activated. Trigger man is now incapable of implicating anyone.

Did I do a conspiracy right guys? I think this is a plot from White Collar.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i just watched fargo season 2, the hairdresser did it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Wattsamatta posted:

If you want the judge to do something, you don't kill them. Killing the judge gives you an unknown, as you can't guarantee you can control the next judge. So, you present the consequences of noncompliance to said judge. You immediately follow through at the first signs of resistance. Something goes slightly wrong - two targets go down instead of just one. Contingency is activated. Trigger man is now incapable of implicating anyone.

Did I do a conspiracy right guys? I think this is a plot from White Collar.

I mean from the sounds of things this guy had an issue with the actual dude he shot, freaked out about shooting him and then killed himself.

But no actually most probably he's a Clinton Zionist assault trooper programmed to self-destruct and failed in their attempt to stop the other target and their gay son who he was in a love triangle relationship with, with the father, from proceeding to tangentially affect the ongoing Epstein affair, which he accomplished by assuming the role of a delivery driver and walking to their front door and managing to shoot the only 2 people in the house he WASN'T supposed to shoot.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Klyith posted:

Having trouble squaring that scenario with Leon the loving Professional.

That's the thing though, in real life that guy doesn't exist. "Hits" are done by expendable thugs not meticulous experts, just because it appears to have gone wrong doesn't mean it wasn't an assassination attempt. Plus if someone is trying to extort her then proving they mean business by hurting her family seems pretty by the numbers.

Of course killing her family seems like it would have the opposite effect to me but I'm not in on this hypothetical conspiracy.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

MMM gonna need you to quote some stupid philosopher to understand, me thinks.

“If we presume that the ‘pizzagate conspiracy theorists’ are secret food fetishists, then all their claims of persecution can be interpreted as an attempt to normalize the association between food and sex while simultaneously insisting that they aren’t the bad kind of perv.”

-Nietzsche

ThawedGladiator
Aug 29, 2008

Excelzior posted:

the tiddy is the ensemble you fool

you udder buffoon

ftfy

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

LOL at the people honestly trying to shout down the conspiracy talk. Sorry, I know you guys think you are "taking this seriously," but for ONE SECOND can you please just consider this:

1) a gunman just murdered the son of a judge who's about to oversee the money laundering case against Deutsche Bank
2) It happened five days after she was assigned the case
3) Several other people related with Deutsche Bank have died under mysterious circumstances or committed suicide related to lawsuits
4) The guy they're trying to pin it on committed suicide, and his now forever unconfirmable motive is a surmised "grudge" from 5 loving years ago

This is not reptile men and holographic moon bases we're talking about.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I mean plus it's way cooler

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

Julius CSAR posted:

How poisoned the well is. There are topics that are evidenced in the public record, but if you talk about them you're automatically labeled slow, crazy, and possibly dangerous. These include but are not limited to:

1) Organized pedofile rings (posted in thread)
2) Baby farms (google: marshallese 'adoption scam'. They dont often mention how the mothers were underage prostitutes)
3) Close ties between mafia and intelligence (gladio, ruby, castro assassins, iran-contra, jackie chan's parents, afghani opium, and on)
4) The successful parts of MK ultra (Jolly West's letter to Sydney Gottlieb, West and Ruby, narcosis interrogations, benzodiazepines, memory work)
5) Cellphone, webcam, and TV surveillance (now defunct, but once a heavy veil)
6) Assassinations
7) Magic cabals and sects (Temple of Set and it's numerous cousins, Masons/Shriners, A.A.)
8) How Charles Manson was plugged into some kinda federal agency (there's a whole book)

This is not secret information. It's all stuff you can google. You can download the MKULTRA financial files from cia.gov. Because what I'm saying goes against what people have been told, I'm must be this strange person who's chomping at the bit to do harmful things with schizophrenic reasoning, instead of someone who reads books, memos, and reports from comissions.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
it's really cool as hell...ice cold

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

the clintons need to be stopped

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Inverted Icon posted:

How poisoned the well is. There are topics that are evidenced in the public record, but if you talk about them you're automatically labeled slow, crazy, and possibly dangerous. These include but are not limited to:

2) Baby farms (google: marshallese 'adoption scam'. They dont often mention how the mothers were underage prostitutes)
3) Close ties between mafia and intelligence (gladio, ruby, castro assassins, iran-contra, jackie chan's parents, afghani opium, and on)
4) The successful parts of MK ultra (Jolly West's letter to Sydney Gottlieb, West and Ruby, narcosis interrogations, benzodiazepines, memory work)
6) Assassinations
7) Magic cabals and sects (Temple of Set and it's numerous cousins, Masons/Shriners, A.A.)
8) How Charles Manson was plugged into some kinda federal agency (there's a whole book)

This is not secret information. It's all stuff you can google. You can download the MKULTRA financial files from cia.gov. Because what I'm saying goes against what people have been told, I'm must be this strange person who's chomping at the bit to do harmful things with schizophrenic reasoning, instead of someone who reads books, memos, and reports from comissions.

it's "champing at the bit." post invalidated

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
Nooooooooooooo!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Inverted Icon posted:

6) Assassinations

I have an actual schizophrenic family member and his delusions are more realistic than yours. Get therapy.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
goons really are the most credulous people on earth lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Klyith posted:

I have an actual schizophrenic family member and his delusions are more realistic than yours. Get therapy.

You're an idiot lol