Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Epsilon Plus posted:

Kicking around a setup, tell me how you feel about this and maybe I'll run it:

21 people total
2 scum teams of 3 each, remainder town - Fire and Ice rules are in effect (each team has a kill, if they both pick the same target the kill fizzles)
Each scum team is headed by a captain who picks two other players; those players do not know who picked them
A player can be picked for both scum teams, and if on both teams has both wincons
At the start of every day a random player is given a gun to use during that day; if they don't use it, they get some kind of boon (it's a secret, boons may be different for scum vs. town, boons may be one-shot or permanent)
No night actions other than NKs and the boon actions, if that player gets a boon

Sounds pretty cool to me! Two scum teams always makes things interesting, especially with the WIFOM of wondering who'd get purposely chosen. With an extra kill on top and no default docs-n-blocks, that could turn out to be a real bloodbath, but that can be fun sometimes, haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Accepting PayPal donations for production costs on New Moon Mafia

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tommu posted:

The mr steak day 1 set up

what does this even mean?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

t a s t e posted:

Accepting PayPal donations for production costs on New Moon Mafia

i expect this to be a twilight themed mafia

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You’re in luck, that’s exactly what it is

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Full Moon Mafia is taste mooning everyone in their role PMs

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

t a s t e posted:

I’m going to launch a sincere Twilight/New Moon game in a bit. This is 100% legitimate and will require a Toxx to respect the source material in order to sign up. MVPs will receive 10$ gift cards to a business/chain of their choice

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It’s been a bit difficult to wrangle the actors to record the role pms on a limited budget

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I don't sound like Robert Pattinson, but I have been called "a twilight looking motherfucker" on a train in LA.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Dennis Lee's Food Crime Mafia is up

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Scientastic posted:

Eight scum, five town?

I’m in

Told him you'd be mad about it

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Oh I'm torn, I don't have the free time for a big game right now but I loving loved The Pizzle and went to Paulie Gee's Logan Square specifically because Dennis Lee started working there :blush:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Power of Pecota posted:

Oh I'm torn, I don't have the free time for a big game right now but I loving loved The Pizzle and went to Paulie Gee's Logan Square specifically because Dennis Lee started working there :blush:

You could be a sub, or just jump in and see what happens! Worse comes to worse you get lurker rule'd, and who knows when the game will fill up.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Oh, I promise I won't get lurker ruled.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Looking forward to this

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Ty podima kun

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:zpatriot:

alli again
Jan 7, 2020

Oh, big yawn!
For those who missed recent news, Votefinder recently went cross-community. As part of this I'm centralizing discussion of development, issue reports, etc. into a central Discord server. Please feel free to join if you'd like to follow along with development or contribute to the project.

Thank you.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Sorry, found out I'm a covid risk yesterday and spent the time figuring out what I needed to change to not leave my house for 10 days until rest resulta come back. Will try to get it put together today.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Alright, here you all go, something to tide you over:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3933509

Edited with the correct link.

Amnistar fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 21, 2020

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Should have posted it in QCS

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

Should have posted it in QCS

Well..I accidentally put it in TG instead of GR, so give me a second to recreate it ><

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

we need one more person to get started, and I've never had a game this big fill this quick lmao

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Epsilon Plus posted:

we need one more person to get started, and I've never had a game this big fill this quick lmao

Cmooooon, someone get in here, if you're waffling and not sure you wanna play, I can promise to vig you if I get one of the guns

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

also if you wanna sign up to be a sub there's still time

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Epsilon Plus posted:

You mean hoagie?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Epsilon Plus posted:

Mod spelled backwards is Dom

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

hambeet posted:

Mod spelled backwards is Dom

poo poo, my secret has been revealed

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

yo I need a replacement

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

HEY! This mafia-like game needs only TWO more people to run! It’s a new mod experimenting with some stuff so we’re all just gonna have fun with it!

So Click Here!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

About halfway full, come swing by and join up!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3933509

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

I'm planning to host text-based mafia on discord for internet pals (24 hour days/nights). Yall have any tips?!?!??!?!?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Join Game Please!!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The worst submarine posted:

I'm planning to host text-based mafia on discord for internet pals (24 hour days/nights). Yall have any tips?!?!??!?!?

Permissions are probably the most confusing part of setting up a discord if you're not familiar. Other people are a lot more knowledgeable, but in general you want to create any private communication channels beforehand, set 'everyone' permissions so they can't read by default. Then you add individual players as needed and enable permissions accordingly.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Join this game so I can continue to ignore work

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Join Game Please!!

ok wolfie

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The worst submarine posted:

Here are a few important points for setting up a Discord:
  • You will want a single "announcements" channel that you generate your invite from (to not reveal channel names) and that has @everyone send-messages permissions turned off (read only). This is where you can post gamewide announcements like day start/end and abuse the @everyone tag.
  • Create an individual channel for each player - naming the channels by player name is easy. As each player joins, add them individually (by user, not by role) to their channel with read/send perms. This way you can put role PMs in there, answer individual questions, and receive night actions. Example of adding an individual to a channel (and not a role) screenshot at the bottom.
  • When all your players have joined the game, add them to their channels, and create a #scumchat or equivalent for your scumteam, and add them as individuals, not by roles - roles are PUBLIC - to that channel with read/send. Do the same for any masonries or other chats.
  • When you're ready to start game and roles are handed out, create a #day1 channel, give everyone read/send perms, and off to the races. I suggest pinning the current deadline.
  • It's up to you if you want to hide previous game days or keep them open for later reference - in Discord it probably makes sense to hide each day as it finishes or only show the previous day since it's a more fast-paced game vs. a forums game, but up to you.

I think that covers everything that immediately comes to mind. Stop back by and let us know how it goes!

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

Thanks Somberbrero and Podima :love:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Podima posted:

Here are a few important points for setting up a Discord:
  • You will want a single "announcements" channel that you generate your invite from (to not reveal channel names) and that has @everyone send-messages permissions turned off (read only). This is where you can post gamewide announcements like day start/end and abuse the @everyone tag.
  • Create an individual channel for each player - naming the channels by player name is easy. As each player joins, add them individually (by user, not by role) to their channel with read/send perms. This way you can put role PMs in there, answer individual questions, and receive night actions. Example of adding an individual to a channel (and not a role) screenshot at the bottom.
  • When all your players have joined the game, add them to their channels, and create a #scumchat or equivalent for your scumteam, and add them as individuals, not by roles - roles are PUBLIC - to that channel with read/send. Do the same for any masonries or other chats.
  • When you're ready to start game and roles are handed out, create a #day1 channel, give everyone read/send perms, and off to the races. I suggest pinning the current deadline.
  • It's up to you if you want to hide previous game days or keep them open for later reference - in Discord it probably makes sense to hide each day as it finishes or only show the previous day since it's a more fast-paced game vs. a forums game, but up to you.

I think that covers everything that immediately comes to mind. Stop back by and let us know how it goes!

This is what I did for my current game, the only difference I have is a spec role that has read permissions for all channels. I also disable reacting to messages so scum can't send each other sneaky notes when I'm not looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Podima posted:

Here are a few important points for setting up a Discorb:
  • don’t