Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

eke out posted:

yeah if they wanted more money at this point they could just make a patreon and immediately make six more figures a month

They may contractually be unable to do that while being part of Max Fun. Not that they couldn't just leave and be fine. They're probably too nice to cut out their middleman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

eke out posted:

yeah if they wanted more money at this point they could just make a patreon and immediately make six more figures a month

Speaking of, Drawfee just went independent and already has over 5,000 patrons. I kind of wonder just how much they were bringing to CH/Dropout.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

yeah i recognize their contract probably stops them, i just wonder how much they end up making from maxfun after seeing so many significantly less popular podcasts/projects pull in truly startling numbers from patreon

Kazy posted:

Speaking of, Drawfee just went independent and already has over 5,000 patrons. I kind of wonder just how much they were bringing to CH/Dropout.

this is awesome, they might already be doing better than they were at CH. i kinda assume that this is what the dimension20 people will end up doing when their banked episodes run out and dropout goes out of business

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Even if they wanted to leave MaxFun the anxiety of having to tell Jesse they want to leave would be too much

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

George H.W. oval office posted:

Even if they wanted to leave MaxFun the anxiety of having to tell Jesse they want to leave would be too much

that's what Joel Begleiter's for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auNimIG04gM

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Joel is clearly the McElroys best hatchet man, he rules

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I think they have a touring agent anyway so I figure MaxFun isn’t really handling that part anymore

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Yeah they have a manager. McElroys being on Max Fun is 100% a favor to the network at this point.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In today's MBMBaM, bitcoin and vape chat.

I honestly tuned out halfway through munch squad.

Episode's namesake is a good bit, though.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Remember when the boys were proud to announce they had created a Marvel Universe version of Joel with a cameo in the miniseries they were writing only for Joel to cut them off at the knees when he revealed someone had already put him in a comic like 15 years ago?

What a legend.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Remember when the boys were proud to announce they had created a Marvel Universe version of Joel with a cameo in the miniseries they were writing only for Joel to cut them off at the knees when he revealed someone had already put him in a comic like 15 years ago?

What a legend.

I've never seen a flex that casual but profound in my life

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I think I had to hit the +30 sec button 2 dozen times to get through that Gary voice.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

I honestly want more Joel content, he was possibly the funniest part of TMBWBiTWT (perhaps besides Travis arriving 45 minutes late to the Dreamworks meeting in his PISS shirt).

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

What a legend.

i relistened to the trolls podcast recently, and it's honestly some of the best ever mcelroy content. the energy is so good.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I'm just catching up on the last few weeks of episodes and man

that Buick thing was realllllllly rough.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Yeah? Well i'll tell you what isn't rough, the ride in my big beautiful Buick Enclave, with its innovative five-link rear suspension system

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Tears In A Vial posted:

i relistened to the trolls podcast recently, and it's honestly some of the best ever mcelroy content. the energy is so good.

It's a weird entry point for the extended McElroy Cinematic Universe but I have definitely recommended it to people who aren't familiar with MBMBAM and want to understand the appeal. Just pure unfiltered brother vibes.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I assume MaxFun handles all the finances and accounting for them. Also the technical stuff like hosting and distribution of the podcasts.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

wizzardstaff posted:

It's a weird entry point for the extended McElroy Cinematic Universe but I have definitely recommended it to people who aren't familiar with MBMBAM and want to understand the appeal. Just pure unfiltered brother vibes.

"Justin, look at me, I need you to hear this sentence. Justin Timberlake will not be on this podcast."

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

zimbomonkey posted:

I'm just catching up on the last few weeks of episodes and man

that Buick thing was realllllllly rough.

Are you talking about the Buick Enclave, which has a max towing capability of up to 5000 lbs.?*

*Requires available Trailering Package. Before you buy a vehicle or use it for trailering, carefully review the trailering section of the Owner’s Manual. The weight of passengers, cargo and options or accessories may reduce the amount you can tow.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That Buick thing had me crying

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Yeah the Buick bit really worked for me as well and I can't explain it

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OC_pL0Hkw0

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

"Is she a mid-size luxury SUV?" No :smith:"
and
"Did my kids get called, by US News & World Report, 'A car?'"

Are two of the funniest things on the podcast in a long time.

(Porky pig is all time though.)

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

We joke about almost choking or driving off the road from laughing at a bit, but the Porky Pig moment probably has an actual body count

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I don't think anyone laughed harder at that joke than Griffin himself

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

"Is she a mid-size luxury SUV?" No :smith:"
and
"Did my kids get called, by US News & World Report, 'A car?'"

Are two of the funniest things on the podcast in a long time.

(Porky pig is all time though.)

So good. The peaks have been high as hell this year.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

DoombatINC posted:

We joke about almost choking or driving off the road from laughing at a bit, but the Porky Pig moment probably has an actual body count

I didn't know what this was, I went and googled it, and as a person who only listens to mbmbmam while driving: I would be dead in a ditch.

I'm still crying laughing, holy poo poo

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

thecluckmeme posted:

I didn't know what this was, I went and googled it, and as a person who only listens to mbmbmam while driving: I would be dead in a ditch.

I'm still crying laughing, holy poo poo

McElroy ads are set up brilliantly (for them).

If it's just one brother? Skip it.

If it's all of them? You don't know whether you're getting some normal ad reads or the best part of the episode, so you may as well listen just in case!

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Porky pig joke topped travis's crawdads box joke as the filthiest joke on mbmbam and it was amazing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The problem with when Travis does mywife is that he has to make a big deal out of it and yell it out when the proper way to do mywife is to sneak it in, under your breath.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Yeah it was griffins bit and that’s how he deployed it but he stopped doing it because Travis took it and ran it into the ground

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I like that even now Griffin hasn’t forgotten about the Barack Hussein andalotofpeopleforgetaboutthehusseinbutitsimportant Obama

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Waffleman_ posted:

The problem with when Travis does mywife is that he has to make a big deal out of it and yell it out when the proper way to do mywife is to sneak it in, under your breath.

Scott Auckerman does this best

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Sankis posted:

Porky pig joke topped travis's crawdads box joke as the filthiest joke on mbmbam and it was amazing.

I'll never forget the time Travis ran all the way to the line of a dirty joke about ALF only to abandon it, and Justin made fun of him for it.
https://youtu.be/joOXH2AzTw0

e: the only good My Wife on the show was when Nastyman said it.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

I don't know what's wrong with me but I am losing my mind laughing at this Reggie Bigshot bit.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

woah is that two good munch squads in a row

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Oh, that seems pretty cool:

https://twitter.com/TheZoneCast/status/1285598534461530112

I think this is the first time they collab with Austin Walker on something?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Fred is on posted:

Oh, that seems pretty cool:

https://twitter.com/TheZoneCast/status/1285598534461530112

I think this is the first time they collab with Austin Walker on something?

i know he was on a coolgamesinc...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Zutaten posted:

I don't know what's wrong with me but I am losing my mind laughing at this Reggie Bigshot bit.

I like that Justin's voice was ruined for the rest of the episode because of it. It was worth it.

Also that DM chat was really cool and it sounds like they might do more of those, so I'm psyched.