Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Sulphagnist posted:

Yeah, I believe it uses Mining instead. Not sure how to set it up with a high intellectual low mining pawn.

what the gently caress, so it uses the mining labor but checks intellectual?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Is there a list of backer characters anywhere?

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

silentsnack posted:

If Tynan wanted it to be easy to disable that poo poo, he wouldn't have buried it in RimWorld\RimWorldWin64_Data\resources.assets but Pawn Name Variety at least saves us the effort of hexediting unity files.

Looks fabulous, thank you!

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

BattleMaster posted:

Is there a list of backer characters anywhere?

If you own (or "own") rimworld the aforementioned [RimWorldWin64_Data\resources.assets] file is full of binary data, so modifying the file with a text editor can break things; but if you're only interested in reading it you can parse with notepad++ and search for <PawnBio>

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

silentsnack posted:

If you own (or "own") rimworld the aforementioned [RimWorldWin64_Data\resources.assets] file is full of binary data, so modifying the file with a text editor can break things; but if you're only interested in reading it you can parse with notepad++ and search for <PawnBio>

Thanks

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I think there's a mod to remove those backstories

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Can I install save our ship 2 later on without problems or do i really need to start a new game for that one?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
You should be fine as long as you dont have any vanilla ship parts built. Even if so, I think you can just dismantle them and install the mod fine

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Katt posted:

I'm actually having a lot of success with a pure armor tanked ship.

It doesn't use shields or weapons. It fights by dropping a team of borged out space marines next to the enemy ship.

These then cut a hole in the hull and work their way to the bridge and take over the ship.

I keep 2 batteries of antigrain torpedoes in case of really big ships but otherwise it works well. Without shields you need minimal heat management.

In awe at the size of this ship. Absolute unit.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Razakai posted:

I had that person joined, and thanks to that learned how to XML edit save files to replace them with a less cringey colonist!

Isn't Velma a regular name? What am I missing?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't think velma is a name in the standard randomization rotation, or at least I don't think I have ever seen it come up, so I assume they are one of the kickstarter characters.

Actually i don't think I've seen any kickstarter backstories for a long time, I wonder if I have something that disables them.

I'm not sure whether I prefer the creepy as gently caress rimworld kickstarter backers or the entirely loving illiterate prison architect ones.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Disabling Kickstarter backers is a vanilla option for the last couple of years I think.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Do I have enough amplifiers on the capital laser cannons yet?

https://i.imgur.com/c0cK2mK.mp4

marumaru
May 20, 2013

I didn't even know that Kickstarter backers actually got their own custom backstories until now, I thought those were just vanilla

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i paid for my daughter's name to be in the game and in spite of the sale going through and mentioning it on the steam forums, zero response from tynan

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

boar guy posted:

i paid for my daughter's name to be in the game and in spite of the sale going through and mentioning it on the steam forums, zero response from tynan

Probably for the best knowing what goes on in this game :v:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Katt posted:

Probably for the best knowing what goes on in this game :v:

well, that was sorta the point, she loves RW and i thought it'd be cool if her pawn got its leg gnawed off by guinea pigs or something :)

marumaru
May 20, 2013

boar guy posted:

have you tried emailing him? if i were a dev i wouldnt read steam forums either :v

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

boar guy posted:

It wasn't gross enough for him

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
But what about my colonist Michael ‘Mike’ Hawk that I get every third play through??

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

boar guy posted:

Yeah I don't think he checks the steam forums, and I wouldn't blame him. Email him directly.

Inacio posted:

I didn't even know that Kickstarter backers actually got their own custom backstories until now, I thought those were just vanilla

It was a special tier, not everyone got one. I think it was like $70 bucks.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Event scaling on a per colony basis is great as my mining colony of a skeleton crew will get pissant raids that get mopped up when my super soldiers drop on top of them.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

boar guy posted:

Checking steam reviews, someone had luck getting in touch with them at ludeonhelp@gmail.com to deal with a problem like this.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

thanks y'all :tipshat:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Finally got my JT drive built :toot: I abandoned my ground base before making camp at the ancient drive so I'm ready to jet off. I'm thinking of making a polar oil drilling camp on sea ice to send up to the ship because holy balls these like 40 rockets take SO much fuel and even then the ship is so big I have to torpedo rush the engines of other ships to keep them from escaping in the first ten seconds.

Plus synthelene and synthamide composite is just, so loving good. I've been using less composite now that I can get thousands of plasteel by blowing up a ship but synthelene is king poo poo of making my ship look cool

Danaru fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jul 20, 2020

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, it's not immediately obvious but you can place other flooring over ship hull floors. Really helps with decorating things.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

The mod sure is pissy about what it considered an enclosed spaceship area. Try to move a door and all of a sudden I have a hull breach that I'm not allowed to close without 4x4 walls around the hole first.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
My mining colony has now become a true "Strip mine EVERYTHING" colony. I got specific mining androids to mine everything and a general labor worker droid who, beyond general dumb labor, will butcher every corpse, humans as well. Apparel gets recycled and weapons are kept to be sold off. Wealth is kept low (and exported out) so the raids don't get crazy, and I just drop in 6 of my badasses into the map to wreck shop. Then the droids bring the bodies in and get to processing. Did they remove the "butchered human" from affecting all colonies? Cause my main colony doesn't get hit with it.

Anyways all the human meat along with whatever animals die, as well as wild plants being harvest ready, get distilled into protein mash and nutrient solution for cloning usage. Everything is then shipped back to the main colony where my crafters train up and craft needed stuff, and then it all gets sold. That's capitalism baby :911:

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Weird bug with SOS2. So I'm on my second planet and I'm trying to take off again and move on/bombard some poo poo from orbit.

Problem is when I click "Launch Ship" it does the launch animation but my ship just stays on the ground after a pile of lag. It generates the space world point but there's nothing there. Half my roofs and floor tiles also vanish into thin air.

Anyone ever run into this? Can't see any obvious failures in the debug log.

Update: Launched it a second time once it generated the ship map and it seemed to work, with the side effect of deleting all my floor tiles.

Now the only thing to figure out is why the hell my heat network isn't working. I've got a clear line of thermal conduits from my shield generators to my heat sink room, but they still instantly shatter under fire due to "No heat capacity" despite my sinks barely having any heat in them.

Mr Luxury Yacht fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jul 21, 2020

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

You two are making this way more of a problem then it should be

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

B... Baka! It's not like I wanted to talk to you about psychoid tea!

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

How do ships in SOS 2 attack land targets?

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Katt posted:

How do ships in SOS 2 attack land targets?

You need Rimatomics. Build the Punisher Railgun, place it on an external XL hardpoint.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
That makes me wonder, I’ve never built a ship without rimatomics because why would you, but I wonder if you could theoretically have a spaceship powered by wood fired generators?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Pharnakes posted:

That makes me wonder, I’ve never built a ship without rimatomics because why would you, but I wonder if you could theoretically have a spaceship powered by wood fired generators?

Ah. The reason alphabeavers were created.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

One of my pawns is now on his third resurrection after my antimatter grenade launcher wielding soldier missed and blew him limb from limb yet again.

There really needs to be a relationship malus for "You killed me you rear end in a top hat!".

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Resurrection and heal mech serums seem a bit OP because you get more than you would ever need to keep all your pawns forever. Which kind of goes against the spirit of the game.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

I think the fact that the serum can regrow like, any limb including the head is the biggest problem. Like even if I don't have one on hand, I can just cart my dead, dismembered super pawn into a freezer sarcophagus and just wait until one is available.

Make it so it can't regrow limbs, but just enough organs to allow the pawn to live and it'd be more balanced. If the head is gone then it can't be used.

Or alternatively if it is used on a headless corpse then have it do something like reset all of a pawn's skills and relationships to zero.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The game is whatever you make of it. Obviously immortality drugs and super mechs break the original balance of the game, but they create a novel experience in its place, I just wouldn't use them unless you want a mad science power fantasy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Katt posted:

Resurrection and heal mech serums seem a bit OP because you get more than you would ever need to keep all your pawns forever. Which kind of goes against the spirit of the game.

what kinda small rear end colony you runnin'

I've not seen a resurrector serum in my current game, and I'm at 60 pawns :(

I think I've gotten 1 healer serum?

Everybody just wants to keep offloading uranium on me.