Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

dramas, before too long

homeless snail posted:

Monday dramas @ 8pm eastern. Can't remember what idol business Amachan is getting into, Nigehaji i'm still watching just because of the dance, and Ryomaden is there too

https://cytu.be/r/okayletswatchdramas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Do I just post about God of high school here or is there a more suitable thread for the anime?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Jose posted:

Do I just post about God of high school here or is there a more suitable thread for the anime?

Either here or in the seasonal thread.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I’m pretty down on the Sess-Rin thing that’s being implied, but the more I think about it, Inuyasha was pretty much 67 and dating a 16 year old wasn’t he?

The real question is why neither of them dated best girl Sango so Miroku could gently caress off and marry his hand.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

I never watched a useful amount of Inuyasha and have an odd question: Does real world time freeze when Kagome is in the past, or does she just go missing for days on end?

TheKingofSprings posted:

The real question is why neither of them dated best girl Sango so Miroku could gently caress off and marry his hand.

Gonna find out his hand finally ate him. I'd be disappointed if as much as they played that poo poo up in the little of the show I saw that he was still putzing about with it ten+ years later.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Ranzear posted:

I never watched a useful amount of Inuyasha and have an odd question: Does real world time freeze when Kagome is in the past, or does she just go missing for days on end?

Gonna find out his hand finally ate him. I'd be disappointed if as much as they played that poo poo up in the little of the show I saw that he was still putzing about with it ten+ years later.

Time passes when she's in the past, so yes. Her family knows about it after the first time she goes missing.

Her family is also surprisingly cool with her skipping school. I wish we had some more chapters/episodes with them and Inuyasha

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jul 21, 2020

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

chumbler posted:

The greatest joke in all of Gundam Wing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGl8Yq1EaX8

Sir, this is an Arby's

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

im watching saki and it's good

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Lala and Hikaru post time skip Star Twinkle doujin's are my thing please have more good ones in English

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/heels_are_the_path_to_the_four_galaxies

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't plan to read the 10-chapter manga adaptation of brigadoon but it sure seems to have a better ending than the tv series

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Read the beltochrkas children manga adaptation imo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

dogsicle posted:

i don't plan to read the 10-chapter manga adaptation of brigadoon but it sure seems to have a better ending than the tv series

the author of it also has done yuri manga so i'm prepared to call them epic

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Its based when girls kiss

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Colonel posted:

the author of it also has done yuri manga so i'm prepared to call them epic

it leaves the door open for marin to date her lesbian friend rather than a robot so i would agree with this assessment

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

A lot of those sunrise manga were more supplemental than a replacemetn, at least the betterman manga was like that

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
brigadoon manga author's contribution to the akai ito (yuri vn) anthology manga

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

gorf is the only other person who watched betterman

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i had to watch brigadoon first, now someday these files of ggg and final and betterman can be watched (in that order)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

if only grand glorious gathering existed

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Aurora posted:

I remember seeing it on techTV's anime hour back in the day, but I don't know if I saw every episode.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I finished watching Hellsing Ultimate and it was actually pretty good. I am glad Seras didnt get relegated to comic relief, she was a really cool character.

Also Im 100% convinced Alucard's english VA voiced Zetta in Makai Kingdom.

e: The sinister laugh gives it away.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Willo567 posted:

Boruto is a spoiled brat

He also grows as a person.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
children do generally get larger

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Everything Burrito posted:

children do generally get larger

I never did. :(

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

Also Im 100% convinced Alucard's english VA voiced Zetta in Makai Kingdom.

e: The sinister laugh gives it away.
Yup, Crispin is Zetta.

I worked a small con he went to once and every time he walked past me I got loving chills because holy poo poo Crispin Freeman

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

It took me like 6 episodes to figure out why the voice was so familiar. I know Ive heard it somewhere else too but I cant put my finger on it.

NIS not making a Makai Kingdom sequel still hurts.

e: A quick google search tells me its Winston from Overwatch. Again, the laugh is the link.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jul 21, 2020

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Furnaceface posted:

It took me like 6 episodes to figure out why the voice was so familiar. I know Ive heard it somewhere else too but I cant put my finger on it.

NIS not making a Makai Kingdom sequel still hurts.

e: A quick google search tells me its Winston from Overwatch. Again, the laugh is the link.

MK at least got a new scenario thing in its PSP port.

Meanwhile, Soul Nomad..

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

Read the beltochrkas children manga adaptation imo

Does it have the Nightingale?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

MK at least got a new scenario thing in its PSP port.

Meanwhile, Soul Nomad..

Honestly I’m pretty cool with their side games just being different one-off sub genres of TRPGs. Makes them more charming in a way. Especially after the sequel to ZHP...

That said, that comes with the caveat that they get PC ports so they’re not stuck in JP PSP/PS2/3 jail forever

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

[

Aurora posted:

don't erase me like this

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Arbite posted:

Does it have the Nightingale?

I haven't read the manga, but from what I hear, yes

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

TheKingofSprings posted:

I’m pretty down on the Sess-Rin thing that’s being implied, but the more I think about it, Inuyasha was pretty much 67 and dating a 16 year old wasn’t he?

I understand what you mean. It feels weird that no one ever bats an eye at Sanson and Marie from Nadia though, escpieally since Marie was 4

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
so it was usagi drop that pulled a nadia

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think i'd see more people acknowledge that as weird if i saw more people actively discuss nadia these days

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That would require watching all of Nadia

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

how bearable is nadia herself? Playing SRW X made me want to scream at her for calling everyone a war mongerer

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

TheKingofSprings posted:

also sesshomaru looks adult, but he acts like a terminal chuuni edge case and he can shapeshift, so he's like that dragon from slayers gorgeous imo

agreed on sango tho. she'd definitely dump the bouzu once she got over all the trauma

Willo567 posted:

how bearable is nadia herself? Playing SRW X made me want to scream at her for calling everyone a war mongerer

she's right tho

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i remember loving Blue Water, when i watched it as a kid like 20 years ago

whether that means i would still like it today, i don't care to find out

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
nadia starts ok, gets real good at some points, but i remember the end being a bit of a shitshow. it's been a long time since i've seen it too, maybe i'm wrong.

it's definitely not a bad watch tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there's a full chunk of episodes towards the end that i have never seen anyone say a single good thing about