Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
The good coast is gonna absolutely turn into hunger games the second the mask of society slips just a little bit but the real question is anyone even going to be able to tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

shame that the sand isn't something more practical like edible clay

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

The good coast is gonna absolutely turn into hunger games the second the mask of society slips just a little bit but the real question is anyone even going to be able to tell

https://twitter.com/9NewsGoldCoast/status/1110444869544116224

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/9NewsGoldCoast/status/1214812310625226752

Fun fact: this man is not from Ipswich.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Fun Fact:

I had the best Eggs Benedict ever in my loving life today down at the Como marina cafe. Not super cheap.

Sitting with my friend just next to the water. Looking at the rich peoples boats moored. So quiet.

The cappuccino was good too.

Blow fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jul 20, 2020

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Infinitum posted:

Just :laffo: if you haven't completely and utterly written off the absolute shitshow that is 2020.

I finished off a diploma in Jan , very glad I could finish it off and am glad I didn't have to do online classes.

The diploma has been years in the making and am glad I got closure before the world fell apart

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Just some bad drugs, nbd. Loving the 'casually coming down the ladder and gently taken into custody and taken to the hospital' style of arrest*.

No joke that's how cops should work.

*Assuming they didn't beat the poo poo out of him once the cameras were off.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Infinitum posted:

"Oh wait I had my teeth out last year, I can claim that on taxes for sure!"
"The net medical expenses tax offset is no longer available from 1 July 2019"

:livintrope:

Cunts.

I was up at Airlie Beach a few years ago when a cyclone hit. Think it was 'only' a Cat 2-3 from memory, but it was fun enough.
Knocked the power out, and all my ex's family could think about was making sure they could watch a live stream of some Chinese New Year TV special, so out into the storm I went and got absolutely loving drenched looking for dinner.

Found the only takeaway in town that still had power because they installed a generator a few years before. Had a yarn to the owner while waiting, and it had apparently paid for itself the number of times the power got cut due to a storm.
Old mate triple bagged all the orders so they didn't rip in the wind while I was carrying them back to the motel. Onya mate.

Going out the day after and surveying the damage was fun. A good 2-3 boats in the harbour ripped from their anchors and just obliterated themselves against the shore.

cool. it's always neat to hear about how people get used to difficult situations

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Just found out when we eventually go back to the office we'll only need to come in once a fortnight, wfh the rest of the time. gently caress yes, thanks Roni.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Airstream Driver posted:

Just found out when we eventually go back to the office we'll only need to come in once a fortnight, wfh the rest of the time. gently caress yes, thanks Roni.

wfh owns bones it turns out

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I've been wanking for hours for years, it's good imo

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zazi posted:

wfh owns bones it turns out

I've come around on it. I don't want to go back to the office now. Also I might be able to afford a house if I don't have to live within commuting distance of the inner suburbs of Melbourne

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
My manager has been a trendsetter working from home for years. I've seen her about twice in the last 2 years.
I definitely don't miss the hour trip into Melbourne. That poo poo loving sucked. Traffic is already bad at like 6am.

I do 10.5 hour stints at a time though and one thing I miss is chatting to my coworkers. My work is boring as gently caress and I hate it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

One of my bosses has been working from home since the Pandemic started, due to health concerns.
When asked if I could do the same, as I get sick super easily, I got told I hadn't worked there long enough (1 1/2 years at that point) and hadn't earned the right.

Get fuckeddddddddddddd

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Infinitum posted:

One of my bosses has been working from home since the Pandemic started, due to health concerns.
When asked if I could do the same, as I get sick super easily, I got told I hadn't worked there long enough (1 1/2 years at that point) and hadn't earned the right.

Get fuckeddddddddddddd

I'd be taking that up with HR or safety for sure

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

(It's the same person)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Some deadset legends in here

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Get fuckeddddddddddddd

lol get owned. Are you a casual or a full-time/part time employee?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Full time desk jockey.

It's just lovely that the option isn't on the table. I'd honestly look for new work but 'in this economy' I'd rather just be covered under Jobkeeper.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Infinitum posted:

Full time desk jockey.

It's just lovely that the option isn't on the table. I'd honestly look for new work but 'in this economy' I'd rather just be covered under Jobkeeper.

Start looking anyway. If he finds out you're looking they'll either start treating you right (win) or they'll start treating you like poo poo and there's your sign they're poo poo people.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
That is hosed. You should be able to contact fair work Australia or a union leader(if you have one for your job) about it. If they do fire you because of it you should be able to claim unfair dismissal.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Mail him your gauntlet and demand he face your challenge in the parking garage. Best him in single combat and claim his title, lands and livestock.

This is general advice for everyone really.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Infinitum posted:

Get fuckeddddddddddddd

Yeah, no. They're on thin ice justifying it on length of employment.

What evidence can you present that you "get super sick easily"? You're not entitled to information about your boss's health, but it is possible that they are medically vulnerable rather than working from home as a perk of being higher in the food chain.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

My previous employer told me we couldn't work from home at all, except the two directors and the sales guys, switch to covid and suddenly it's no issue for anyone to do it except the storeman and fitter (which makes sense)

Like my old job was literally just production scheduling, purchasing and customer liaison, all of which was done via email and NetSuite which is 100% browser based. No way I could do that from home right?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

McSpergin posted:

Like my old job was literally just production scheduling, purchasing and customer liaison, all of which was done via email and NetSuite which is 100% browser based. No way I could do that from home right?

NetSuite is so bad.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

McSpergin posted:

My previous employer told me we couldn't work from home at all, except the two directors and the sales guys, switch to covid and suddenly it's no issue for anyone to do it except the storeman and fitter (which makes sense)

My daughter's NSW government employer was the same before covid.

They do need some people in the office but the current arrangement of admin staff WFH two days a week and in the office for the other three could easily be made long term.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

NPR Journalizard posted:

NetSuite is so bad.

The way we had it running was quite good. It's better than the current iteration of bootstrapped SAP that we use at ANSTO, from a learning curve perspective anyway. It's taken me like 4 goes to work out the loving purchase order system just to place a req then I can't find the loving thing

Lolie posted:

My daughter's NSW government employer was the same before covid.

They do need some people in the office but the current arrangement of admin staff WFH two days a week and in the office for the other three could easily be made long term.

This is what I'm doing and it's absolutely sustainable long term. It lets me cook up a lunch feed on Fridays as well which owns, and is one of the things I miss about Toowoomba (going to visit my mates at the home brew shop for Friday lunch)

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

The thing I'm finding with working from home is it's so much easier to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Even if I work late I can still walk to the shops and then cook dinner and get back to it.

Not really missing the interaction with work colleagues but if I want to I can just video call them for a chat.

It also helps with my job if people start slacking it is immediately obvious to everyone so we're all working just as much as we did in the office.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Im an essential worker cos the gum under the bus stop seats ain't gotta scrape itself off

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Just went to the hospital for blood tests and they now have lists of hotspots posted at each entrance. That's the first time they have done that since covid appeared.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

SAP is an absolute bastard of a thing, I dislike it immensely.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I have tried on several occasions to work out what SAP is/does and I havent worked it out

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Isaac posted:

I have tried on several occasions to work out what SAP is/does and I havent worked it out

It extracts money from businesses by giving them software that looks like it does things and gives the money to SAP. It's like Bitcoin mining but works.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
You think SAP is bad, but have you seen Siebel?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I get to use both daily.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

My daughter got her permanent government job because she knew her way around Seibel and the other candidates didn't.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Hunter Health has told people from Newcastle not to go to Sydney.

lol

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Lolie posted:

Hunter Health has told people from Newcastle not to go to Sydney.

lol

They put a toll on the M5 East, I wouldn't either.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Making masks out of my own skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

RIP to the spotted dog pub in Bundaberg where I got further ratfucked on rum and cokes after a friend's funeral that one time and literally never stepped foot in before or after because it was where the rebels drank