Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dunno where best to post this in Games, but 13 Sentinels got delayed to Sep 22 and the dub will be in a Day 1 patch instead of coming post-launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
oh yeah, the island episodes of nadia should be skipped. if you do watch it, you'll know exactly and immediately what people mean by "island episodes" lmao

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the thing i know most about nadia is that an entire arc is terrible (but there's like 52 eps)

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Nadia has a shot for shot reference to Yamato

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Zeether posted:

Nadia has a shot for shot reference to Yamato

Not surprised there: Anno loves Yamato.

Do you think that he's upset that Nadia wasn't in the last SRW with Yamato 2199?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Motto posted:

Dunno where best to post this in Games, but 13 Sentinels got delayed to Sep 22 and the dub will be in a Day 1 patch instead of coming post-launch.

I'm kinda looking forward to that. Haven't watched any gameplay or anything but I've heard good stuff about it.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Space Flower posted:

the thing i know most about nadia is that an entire arc is terrible (but there's like 52 eps)

Nadia is 39 eps and the island eps are ep 23-34, nearly a full third of the show.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
thats still too many eps for a show so i appreciate that they cut it down

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i watched nadia for the first time right before all the shutdowns started happening (returned the blurays it to the library a day before it closed for 3 months) and i was absolutely side-eying the poo poo with sanson at the end that comes out of nowhere

and then i replayed chrono trigger like a month ago and laughed when i remembered Marle's actual name since that's pretty blatant

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I will probably never watch Nadia, someone please reveal the mystery of the island arc to me

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

they get trapped on an island and then they have slice of life island scenarios play out for far too many episodes while you wait for the greater plot to come back

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

homeless snail posted:

[

don't erase me like this

i would never

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

DoubleDonut posted:

I will probably never watch Nadia, someone please reveal the mystery of the island arc to me

She gets trapped in an island with Josh Hutcherson and they make out. The End.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

doesn't the island arc also remove literally every character except the two leads or something, i vaguely recall that being a thing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you know the bit of eureka seven where they get stuck in those weird alien woods for like two episodes

imagine if that was like a dozen

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I never got around to watching eureka seven either but I think I get it. Thanks, everyone

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
You should get around to watching Eureka Seven

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
It’s so much easier to read things than to watch them

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

DoubleDonut posted:

It’s so much easier to read things than to watch them

Don't read the Eureka Seven manga

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
a friend brought a volume of the e7 manga to school in like 6/7th grade and i read it and there's a scene where someone lifts eureka's skirt to distract renton during some game and she just stands there doing the rei thing

looking it up now it's a joke that consists of a few small panels in near-chibi style but when i was a kid it was seared into my brain that the manga wanted me to see eureka's panties

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Willo567 posted:

Don't read the Eureka Seven manga

I have made this mistake in the past

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p652XatNyjw

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
glad they're putting that fgo money into making extra remake slick as gently caress

also glad they're changing the combat system the old one was uh not good. if the new one is better i might even enjoy playing the game this time

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The new battle system looks kinda FGO-y which is fine because that's an actual battle system and not "trial and error guess until you memorize the patterns and then just do the patterns" or as I like to call it "open an FAQ"

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Fate's journey from doujin Visual novel to 3D action game that will probably appear on the latest consoles still amazes me to this day

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1285776487107268608?s=20

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/WTK/status/1273685146772869123?s=19

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

drat that show really got around.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I chuckled enough to attempt to clean the pose, probably works better with the beansprout text bubble though.

Nagatoro is too good.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

yeah? they gonna get the animators back together to draw a new cover? round up the team?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i cannot trust a sentai disc

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/EWaddledee/status/1285794721873317888

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The previous ones were straight up not available on BD outside the US so I really hope this comes to region B. :(

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Oh neat a Fate RPG, and it looks like its the prequel to the Extella games?

e: So it explains the whole moon thing and where Alter Egos come from right?

e2: vvv Oh I missed that. Definitely going to get it then.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 22, 2020

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

Its a remake of the game the extella games were sequels to.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

e: So it explains the whole moon thing and where Alter Egos come from right?

e2: vvv Oh I missed that. Definitely going to get it then.

This one doesn’t have alter egos that’s the sequel

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

The new battle system looks kinda FGO-y which is fine because that's an actual battle system and not "trial and error guess until you memorize the patterns and then just do the patterns" or as I like to call it "open an FAQ"

Open a faq? No, be like me and write down all the enemy patterns for every enemy on some dang flash cards lol

Why did I do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah, though CCC's characters are very popular now by way of FGO and Nasu has a fondness for it, so a CCC Record is very likely.