Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

50s girl groupon posted:

desperate times, desperate posts

In order to continue receiving chemotherapy I have to make large payments on the $120k I am already in debt and I have at least eight more treatments.

My insurance covers $20,000 and I owe the rest. This is just one treatment. I have to pay $438 every two weeks or I cannot receive chemo and at Stage IV I can’t afford to stop treatments or I’ll die.

I feel horrible asking for help and I know I shouldn’t but the guilt is still there, like anyone and everyone deserve help more than me, but if any goon is moved to help me out I will be tearfully grateful for even a dollar (that’s ramen for a week babey!)

paypal.me/necromancermoons
venmo @moringottos and cashapp $moringottos

Everyone supporting the goonfund is a saint, and everyone coming here for help: you deserve help.

The bold part is untrue! We all have our crises, and you deserve help just as much as anyone else if not more so. I mean, I only ask for help because I'm pending disability for a leaky brain. I hope I can pay it all back when it gets here and helps other goons.

It's helped my cats stay on kibble, and we're working on rabies shots soon. I feel like a turd asking for all that I have, and the red text I was given about grifting goons is probably right?

Plus, banks can be real assholes about even a tiny overdraft. Say hello to 30-45 dollar fees. Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

A Terrible Person posted:

Gave the best I could.

Does this fund also cover insulin? Because that feels like it should fall under the heading of "food" fund, sort of.

People really shouldn't have to ask for donations to live.

The fund covers everything from what I’ve seen and heard and read. Goons needing help with rent, I asked for a few dollars for pain meds a bit back, I think someone asked for help with pet food. Insulin should deffo be covered under GoonFund.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

50s girl groupon posted:

The fund covers everything from what I’ve seen and heard and read. Goons needing help with rent, I asked for a few dollars for pain meds a bit back, I think someone asked for help with pet food. Insulin should deffo be covered under GoonFund.

Good.

Thank you.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

50s girl groupon posted:

I know I asked for help with cat chow. Sadly, I've tried putting them on other, cheaper foods and it ended in diarrhea cat explosion. He also helped me with human food and medications ((complex migraines suck )), so I appreciate it tons. Disability needs to hurry up, because I want to give back soon as I can.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

To all goons having guilt about asking for help: It's not you that's hosed up, it is this economic system that makes everything hosed up. You should be getting this help without asking, but since that's something the plutocratic State doesn't provide, we're here to fill in as best as we can.

You deserve dignity and respect, and part of that dignity is being helped when you're down. It is not a blemish, but a mark of courage to ask for what you deserve.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

I ask for help from the goonfund because my entire immediate family (me, mum, her boyfriend) are independent workers. I used to bake empanadas and sell them in my old college and to office workers, and this died off because corona. Mum and her boyfriend are both crafters, they make artisan jewelry. They make rings, necklaces, bracelets our of copper or silver and precious stones. And corona means most of their clients prefer to keep their money rather than spend on jewels.
We also live in a small plot of land around 20 miles away from town and our car has been broken for a few years so going to the city means public transport, so that's usually a last resort.
The goon fund has kept us fed and has helped pay for internet.

Synthetic Dreams
Jul 19, 2005

by Cyrano4747
Okay, well, I figure now is as good a time as any.. I'm in deep poo poo. I've been running on no insulin for the past week. My Medicare Part D plan is not approving meds for me, and haven't been for the last two months. I got injured very badly last month, and my leg is shriveling up, and I'm not going to have the same functionality with it before the injury. I lost my recently acquired job because boss dude didn't like me being such a hassle after I got injured. I'm looking for new work, and I probably have a new remote from home call center job coming soon. I was wondering if y'all could help me buy my insulin. I need roughly about $1000. But it's ok if y'all can't help

My PayPal is spookiestwitch@outlook.com, my Venmo is @raging-strikes, and my cash app is $nsupervoid

Sorry.

Synthetic Dreams has issued a correction as of 17:33 on Jul 5, 2020

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
Sent you a few bucks, Synthetic Dreams. I hope things get better for you soon. Sorry that our stupid economic system has failed you.

Synthetic Dreams
Jul 19, 2005

by Cyrano4747

GOD IS BED posted:

Sent you a few bucks, Synthetic Dreams. I hope things get better for you soon. Sorry that our stupid economic system has failed you.

I am doing everything in my power to stay afloat during this hellfuck of a time. Thank you.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

paypal.me/fish4brains

Mostly I only ask for help because Target did the most passive aggressive retail letting go ever, and disability moves at the speed of a banana slug on a muddy country road in the winter. My case is not OMFG EMERGENCY, like insulin so I don't mind waiting in line. Actually, I feel kinda crappy. I tried selling stuff, but no go. And ebay let a customer take the yarn and get a refund, which sucked.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

dont feel sorry

Plinkey has issued a correction as of 00:48 on Jul 6, 2020

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
this is a worthy cause for the goon fund imo

https://gf.me/u/yfc3gh

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
edit: nm was able to get plinkey aid

smarxist has issued a correction as of 16:04 on Jul 7, 2020

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Gonna bite the bullet and swallow my pride to ask:

I'm in NO way as bad off as the goons here with no insulin, or 50's girl, or the other folks with legit pressing medical issues (jesus loving christ, America, I am so ashamed of you). Please, give to them before even considering giving to me.

A friend took us in the last week of June, when we got kicked out of our previous place for back rent (kinda hard to pay rent when you work kitchens and every restaurant is closed or doing limited service). Then the loving landscapers at her place snitched to the absentee landlord that they'd seen a strange car parked there, and saw us moving a few boxes of stuff inside. Landlord threatened our kind host with eviction, and actually showed up at her place July 1 to ensure that she didn't have us horrible, vile "squatters" living there. (My husband and I are clean cut-looking people in our late 40's, we're not exactly party animals wrecking a place at all hours.) We got the gently caress out before that happened, and thankfully she was able to keep our cat (for an extra $25 a month, of course. gently caress landlords.)

I miss my kitty. :(

But I've been homeless, living out of my car and a storage unit, for the past two weeks. Which have been in the 90's Fahrenheit here in southwestern VA the entire time. I just want a decent* motel room with some AC and a shower so I get a good night's sleep and don't look and smell like a complete wreck when I pound the pavement looking for work/a cheap room to rent.

*In exchange, I got some real fun stories about getting a little Bandcamp money and staying at a NOT decent motel (literally the cheapest one in my fair city). When you pull into the parking spot by your room and some dude immediately runs up and asks "yo, you got a Narcan pen?!", you know you're in for a fun time!

Anyways, if y'all got a few bucks to keep my stank rear end clean:

Bandcamp (because I hate to ask for money and not give something back, even if it is electronic boops and beeps):
khate.bandcamp.com

Venmo:
@trashcoven

Paypal:
wayne@strangest.space

Thanks. Y'all the best (especially the goons who keep buying my Bandcamp stuff for $4.20, or the person who bought an EP for $69, lol)

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Hang in there. And be cool to your temporary new neighbors, naturally.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Hang in there. And be cool to your temporary new neighbors, naturally.

Thanks man. Oh, and yeah, I ain't judging/being a dick/narcing out anyone at a No-Tell Motel --- I'd be judging myself, wouldn't I? I'm breaking the law by sleeping on a couch in my storage unit and hope no one catches on to that. I give no fucks and turn a blind eye to whatever business is going on so long as I don't see anyone getting hurt; ya gotta do whatcha gotta do. :/

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
You're good, I kinda leapt in and acted like a passive-aggressive prick without thinking about how what I said could/would be interpreted.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

You're good, I kinda leapt in and acted like a passive-aggressive prick without thinking about how what I said could/would be interpreted.

All good, friend. [socially distanced fistbump] :)

And I don't know if it was you or another kind goon, but I just had a nigh orgasmic hot shower here at the Quality Inn (A++, does not have bugs disco dancing inside the microwave door while I reheat what I scavenged for lunch).

I'ma sleep like a clean baby on clean sheets tonight. Thank you for putting me up for a night of relative luxury, whoever you are. :kimchi:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Glad to hear someone helped you out man, you deserve a leg up and I hope you get more legs up going forward.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plinkey posted:

when do i get to buy commissioned paintings of my cats at auction?

Send me a picture of your cats and I will photoshop some portraits of them like I did with my brother's cats, as thanks for your hard work helping goons:

:sun:

ekuNNN has issued a correction as of 12:04 on Jul 11, 2020

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ekuNNN posted:

Send me a picture of your cats and I will photoshop some portraits of them like I did with my brother's cats, as thanks for your hard work helping goons:

I'll make and send you a button or fridge magnet or bottle opener of this if you want, again, as thanks for helping goons. Anyone who has been helping goons out can hit me up for this tbh.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ekuNNN posted:

yeah, i'll pay you out of my own pocket (since you dont have PMs)

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ekuNNN posted:

can you make them civil war generals?

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Thanks man. Oh, and yeah, I ain't judging/being a dick/narcing out anyone at a No-Tell Motel --- I'd be judging myself, wouldn't I? I'm breaking the law by sleeping on a couch in my storage unit and hope no one catches on to that. I give no fucks and turn a blind eye to whatever business is going on so long as I don't see anyone getting hurt; ya gotta do whatcha gotta do. :/

You anywhere near Bristol, I see you mentioned SW VA? I have an air conditioned couch and shower! Sadly I think my land lord would eventually freak their poo poo as well.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

shirunei posted:

You anywhere near Bristol, I see you mentioned SW VA? I have an air conditioned couch and shower! Sadly I think my land lord would eventually freak their poo poo as well.

I'm in Roanoke, so a good two-and-a-half hours from you. But I really appreciate the offer! :glomp:

On that note: if there are any other Roanoke goons in a tight spot, hmu. I'm starting to unlock achievements on how to live rough around here, and happy to help/meet up to dispense wisdom and toiletries from motels and condiments from Sheetz. I also have a stupid amount of toilet paper since my evil landlord stockpiled a ton when the The Rona Hit, and I totally stole a 36-pack when I bugged out.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plinkey posted:

can you make them civil war generals?

Do you have one cat in mind who you think would be more likely to fight for the confederacy? :v:

ekuNNN has issued a correction as of 01:10 on Jul 12, 2020

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I'm in Roanoke, so a good two-and-a-half hours from you. But I really appreciate the offer! :glomp:

On that note: if there are any other Roanoke goons in a tight spot, hmu. I'm starting to unlock achievements on how to live rough around here, and happy to help/meet up to dispense wisdom and toiletries from motels and condiments from Sheetz. I also have a stupid amount of toilet paper since my evil landlord stockpiled a ton when the The Rona Hit, and I totally stole a 36-pack when I bugged out.

Anytime.

Thanks to Plinkey for that donation! I finally had the energy to get out of the house and pick up groceries. Made some chicken cheese in their honor, best meal I've had in a month. Beans and rice sure did get monotonous.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I envy you, I live away from town so my only choice is buying in a nearby village's general store. the only meat they sell is frozen chicken tenders. Could be better honestly.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hello, i have a somewhat odd request? i am good on food and rent and such at the moment, but still waiting on my unemployment to get here cause i signed up super late like a loving idiot and i have no money for anything else but would like to buy a face shield before another panic buy hits. i am not sure how much shipping will be cos it wants me to enter my cc details before it shows me and i am paranoid of it overdrafting my account, but the shield itself is 25 bucks, i am thinking 40 should cover it? PM for paypal address if you are willing, and i will pay you back + drop a dono into the goonfund when i actually get my goddamn money

edit: funkymonks got me, thanks a ton!

Stunt_enby has issued a correction as of 04:02 on Jul 14, 2020

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

request sent

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
well the state of mississippi has just told my wife that because her job claims she voluntarily quit at the start of june we have to pay back $2500 so now we are hosed and will probably be homeless soon

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

empty whippet box posted:

well the state of mississippi has just told my wife that because her job claims she voluntarily quit at the start of june we have to pay back $2500 so now we are hosed and will probably be homeless soon

Tell them to eat crow and that her work lied

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Skyl3lazer posted:

Tell them to eat crow and that her work lied

well I misunderstood the thing and it's 1% interest with a minimum of $300 payment per month to keep it 'current' so I think we can just ignore it for a while anyway but idk how long these things take to get to where they're kicking your door down with a swat team over it but I assume it's quite a bit sooner than it would be if I owed a billion dollars in back taxes

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I think one of the quotes I heard in Civilization is:
"If I owe the bank 100 dollars, that's my problem.
If I owe the bank 100.000, that's the bank's problem"

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
Tell them to prove she voluntarily quit.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

50s girl groupon posted:

Tell them to prove she voluntarily quit.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

e: disregard, figureditout.

god bless goons and the solidarity of this hosed up, stupid forum.

Sixto Lezcano has issued a correction as of 02:23 on Jul 24, 2020

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
is there an update on finances?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I'm glad this is here, there seems to be a serious problem with my ebt account and I might need the aid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I’m donating to this; I’ve been way too close to $50 deciding my fate before.