Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

FinnDiesel posted:

I speak fluent drunken finnish, he says in the first piece "You know Davor Suker and the other one is Jeremy Roenick, nothing else"

You will receive a telephone call. This isn't a warning. T: regards A2 yellow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I don't know, whatever megahit "hey ya" was, step down a few notches to normal-hit "ms. jackson", and then it's at least a couple more down to non-hit "B.O.B." Not saying it was an unknown song, just as a lead single it fizzled and the album only got good sales traction after the second single (ms. jackson). That said I had assumed it was a hit, too, not promoting my boring twitter just adding an older tweet to agree-in-spirit with everyone else who thought it was a hit
https://twitter.com/BAugB/status/1218275616522489858

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

hey ya is a good karaoke song

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Speakerboxxx/The Love Below is forever tied to the summer/fall of 2003 for me. That and the Neptune's Clones were the soundtracks for a lot of great parties.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I listened to soooo much power metal in 2003, I couldn't tell you what the big hits on the radio were for several years after that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shibawanko posted:

hey ya is a good karaoke song

My local pub has karaoke every god drat day 17-02, and 09-02 on the week-end, and I can tell you without any doubt that there are no good karaoke songs.

e: LIKE WHY THE gently caress IS HE SINGING "BIG IN PAJAN" IT'S JAPAN IT'S NOT AN OBSCURE COUNTRY WHAT THE gently caress IS HAPPENING CAN I KILL HIM?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I miss singing karaoke :(

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

ive only been to karaoke in japan, karoke in the west seems to be usually in public in front of strangers and uh why would you do that

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Shibawanko posted:

ive only been to karaoke in japan, karoke in the west seems to be usually in public in front of strangers and uh why would you do that

To attract a mate!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shibawanko posted:

To make yourself the most hated person in the block? That fucker Jesse once sang 4 hours down at the pub without a mic. He sang into a straw. And then the owner wonders why people are walking one more block to the next nearest pub that has banned karaoke and anything that makes a ruckus.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

3D Megadoodoo posted:

To make yourself the most hated person in the block? That fucker Jesse once sang 4 hours down at the pub without a mic. He sang into a straw. And then the owner wonders why people are walking one more block to the next nearest pub that has banned karaoke and anything that makes a ruckus.

Sounds like you're kinda jealous of this Jesse fellow's lung capacity.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

Sounds like you're kinda jealous of this Jesse fellow's lung capacity.

If you only knew

what I would do
to make you make you love me
yeeaaaaaaaAAAAAÄAÄÄAÄAÄAÄAÄAÄAÄÄAÄAÄAÄAÄÄAÄAÄAÄAÄÄAÄAÄAÄA

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Bloopsy posted:

Speakerboxxx/The Love Below is forever tied to the summer/fall of 2003 for me.

I put about 140 hours into Morrowind in the fall of 2003 while playing a looping playlist of Speakerboxx/Love below (minus the skits), Basement Jaxx' Kish Kash and Bran Van 3000's Discosis.

Like I see Balmora and I think about Ghettomusick.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
The other day I showed my younger cousin some ytmnd sites, explaining that before youtube this was the primary avenue for memes and I used to spend hours a day browsing it. I don't blame him for not finding Conan O'Brien x ipod commercial parody gifs to be hilarious. Part of me still wants a shirt though

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Nothing says white person in the first decade of the 21st century like a tribal tattoo.
Cause you need to show a connection between you and your ancestors from 7000 years ago.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wesleywillis posted:

Nothing says white person in the first decade of the 21st century like a tribal tattoo.
Cause you need to show a connection between you and your ancestors from 7000 years ago.

hey

the Irish were arguably still a mostly tribal culture much later than the rest of western Europe

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Randaconda posted:

hey

the Irish were arguably still a mostly tribal culture much later than the rest of western Europe

2000 years ago.

I guess its true then, when people call me a barbarian.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

wesleywillis posted:

It's true. A few years ago my boss wore a polo on a work trip and I instantly knew when he was in college based on his barbed wire tat on his bicep. Some things are as specifically dated as wearing a Limp Bizkit shirt or JNCO's. I think it'll be the same for those "solid black band" tats that seem to have hit popularity these past few years.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K7IcC62dVo

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Why was the voiceover guy for the Hot Wheels ad pretending to be American?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Tiggum posted:

Why was the voiceover guy for the Hot Wheels ad pretending to be American?

Sounds more like he was trying to do a British accent. Possibly it was an American doing the accent given the way he pronounces "fast".

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocfe5IY_Yxo

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bet my old Boost phone would still turn on if I could find it

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Sounds more like he was trying to do a British accent. Possibly it was an American doing the accent given the way he pronounces "fast".
The clip is from Australian TV (and his accent sounded Australian to me) so I assume the guy was Australian but yeah, he said "fast" (and some other words) with a short A sound like as though he was trying to pronounce them the way an American would. The overall effect was very odd.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMT698ArSfQ

this terrible song was apparently a huge hit everywhere but the US, for which I'm incredibly thankful

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
that song was huge in certain pockets of the us too, nyc certainly

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

well, drat

i never heard of the drat thing until recently, and it's not like nobody speaks Spanish in Florida.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

the ketchup song is cute

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

In case anyone didn't know already, the chorus is from "Rapper's Delight".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKTUAESacQM

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

3D Megadoodoo posted:

In case anyone didn't know already, the chorus is from "Rapper's Delight".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKTUAESacQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v--znY7yk84

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this movie didn't deserve to flop :smith:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Randaconda posted:

It seems to have cult status at least

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
I watched Walk Hard last weekend. I think it holds up the best of that era of Judd Apatow "comedy". A lot of that hasn't aged well - Knocked Up in particular is pretty awful. Pineapple Express is still pretty great too.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Randaconda posted:

The Beatles scene is one of my favourites, and Guilty as Charged is such a tune.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fappenmeister posted:

The Beatles scene is one of my favourites, and Guilty as Charged is such a tune.

Tim Meadows kept cracking me up in that movie

"Dewey Cox never paid for drugs. Not once."

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

I had no memory of this song until it got to the chorus, and then it all came flooding back to me.

Iron Crowned posted:

It seems to have cult status at least

I remember my dad somehow got a blu-ray copy of this 2 months after it came out from some dudes selling it on the street. We watched it together as a family and we all thought it was mediocre, and maybe it would work better if we had seen Walk the Line.

I think Walk Hard reminds me alot of Hot Rod, in that it is much easier to watch 5 3-minute clips of the good stuff on Youtube than sit through the whole movie.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Randaconda posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMT698ArSfQ

this terrible song was apparently a huge hit everywhere but the US, for which I'm incredibly thankful

I remember getting an email from a friend who went off to teach English in Japan and he asked "Is that Ketchup song popular there?" and had no idea what he was talking about. Aparently its because the girls father was a popular entertainer called Tomato? What?

I learned about it from Fromage, MuchMusics round of up of the worst videos of the year hosted by Canadian TV personality Ed the Sock.
This cracks me up with the line "What does Aaron Carter want to be when he grows up? BLACK, based on his video"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL0IDgwFnUs

I have never seen Dewy Cox, and I've tried. I have never seen it on a streaming service, the DVD is hidiously expensive in Canada because its import only and I think its a print on demand. I've not even found it :filez: But god drat everything I've heard about it makes it sound amazing, and it came out at a perfect time. All those music biopicks that were "And right now, The guy from Flock of Seagulls must thing about his entire life before going out on stage" and it parodies it perfectly.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I have never seen Dewy Cox, and I've tried. I have never seen it on a streaming service, the DVD is hidiously expensive in Canada because its import only and I think its a print on demand. I've not even found it :filez: But god drat everything I've heard about it makes it sound amazing, and it came out at a perfect time. All those music biopicks that were "And right now, The guy from Flock of Seagulls must thing about his entire life before going out on stage" and it parodies it perfectly.

Walk Hard is on Cineplex streaming for $4.99. I know this because I happily paid the $4.99 to watch it. I will send you the $4.99 to watch it.
https://www.justwatch.com/ca/movie/walk-hard-the-dewey-cox-story

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

twistedmentat posted:

I remember getting an email from a friend who went off to teach English in Japan and he asked "Is that Ketchup song popular there?" and had no idea what he was talking about. Aparently its because the girls father was a popular entertainer called Tomato? What?

I learned about it from Fromage, MuchMusics round of up of the worst videos of the year hosted by Canadian TV personality Ed the Sock.
This cracks me up with the line "What does Aaron Carter want to be when he grows up? BLACK, based on his video"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL0IDgwFnUs

You should watch it, it basically makes fun of every big name musician bio-pic. Walk the Line, Ray, The Doors, all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Watching it stoned and drunk was a ton of fun. I never thought I'd look back fondly on the 2000s, but here we are