Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Imagine thinking security is only about being spied in a videogaem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Snail Information posted:

This is kinda what I mean. (That is I mean you're an example of conservative-minded goons being dumb and out of touch) "Discord is too new, too untested, its just a fad, why risk moving over all the social channels when discord might evaporate next week." (I just realised this wouldn't be read as obviously sarcastic) It's stupid and ironically short-sighted, discord is established for a while now and there are lots of big communities that operate there, almost as if it's designed for big communities. For space important business, stay on jabber for your spy poo poo, but the social side should be consolidated, and probably to discord. All the stuff above illum probably isn't even on jabber, its probably still on a skype chat or something stupid like that.

Users regularly have their user tokens stolen and spam the poo poo out of every server they belong to with malware cp and other poo poo that absolutely would not happen elsewhere

Discord is great for small groups of pals but you’re fuckin insane if you think it’s anything good for > 1,000 people

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Velius posted:

Mumble seems fine, the trouble is that pidgin/Jabber is a terrible interface and the community such as it is is horribly fragmented as a result. Is the Karmafleet discord open to goonwaffe folks?

The Karmafleet discord is only accessible to applicants and members. Other people wanting to hang out can sit in the public channel without othe rooms, but you'll only be able to talk to the recruitment team or people likely not even in the alliance yet.

It is also not a replacement for jabber, we use that room as well. Phone posting is easier to discord so we use both.

Mumble is open to everyone though feel free to get your social on in whatever channels you see people in. If you aren't meant to be there, it will be gated.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
We should be using AOL clearly

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Foehammer007 posted:

We should be using AOL clearly

Everyone's got a phone right?

We'll just have a big SMS group chat. It'll be fine.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

hello folks

running another fleet rolling our null static for the ever elusive content if anyone wants a change of pace and has non-ns bloc affiliated pilots. two BRs from our last outing:

https://zkillboard.com/related/30003263/202007200200/

https://br.evetools.org/br/5f171688f09c41001425f5e5

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

MREBoy posted:

Disclaimer: I have never played EvE at all. All EvE related info I have gotten entirely from 14+ years of EvE threads here.

Time for a blast from the past !
Fair warnings/tags: slurs, anime, drugs, SamHandwich, Wyvern, loud music, Rho Squad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WIq9CHEmY0

Oh man, Rho sigs were the best.

This video is almost unwatchable.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jul 21, 2020

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I am still very partial to Fernando Snips films.

gently caress HER RIGHT IN THE PUSSY

Sample text

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
shout out to my boy steven galxy

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

dialhforhero posted:

gently caress HER RIGHT IN THE PUSSY

Sample text

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

dialhforhero posted:

Those were brilliant. He managed to achieve Stahlregen levels of slickness and stylization using ironic MLG tropes and trap music.

Take this middle bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gS05lWy9Ko&t=39s

By now, he's cultivated a Hole Squad style, so we don't need the bombastic, screeching MLG sounds to go along with the visuals. The MLG bits work as ornaments to the greater "trap-music-in-space" whole that had come to represent Hole Squad. It's wonderful.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

all targets on field are jammed

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to hop onto Microsoft's flagship product Teams

Does slack have voice chat? That theoretically could work

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

vyst posted:

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to hop onto Microsoft's flagship product Teams

Does slack have voice chat? That theoretically could work

The free option for slack isnt suitable for large groups at all, and there is no free teams option other than whatever they're beta testing on mobile. The paid versions are both probably more expensive than all of gsf servers combined if everyone gets access

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

gwrtheyrn posted:

there is no free teams option

we'll see who is loyal

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Slack is barely good for my 10 person development team can you imagine throwing thousands of idiots in that thing?

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Slack is barely good for my 10 person development team can you imagine throwing thousands of idiots in that thing?

no one is suggesting that you weirdo

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I saw an org with thousands of people try to use free slack and they ditched it pretty quickly when they realized their message retention was measured in hours due to how many people were talking

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

gwrtheyrn posted:

I saw an org with thousands of people try to use free slack and they ditched it pretty quickly when they realized their message retention was measured in hours due to how many people were talking

Lol exactly

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Teams is quite probably the worst piece of software I’ve used in recent memory and I’m including mobile jabber apps in that list

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Oh good it's not just me then thinking teams is utter trash

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

orange juche posted:

Oh good it's not just me then thinking teams is utter trash

Can I introduce you to our lord and saviour, Google Hangouts?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

My friends, have you heard the good news... about Lotus Sametime?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Fleets with no voice comms and the only text that is allowed must be in Microsoft Comic Chat

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Let's just send out a go-to meeting link for every fleet.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

we'll use my conference call dial-in for this fleet

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

My friends, have you heard the good news... about Lotus Sametime?

wilderthanmild posted:

Let's just send out a go-to meeting link for every fleet.

evilweasel posted:

we'll use my conference call dial-in for this fleet

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

:crackping:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

RYYSZLA posted:

Can I introduce you to our lord and saviour, Google Hangouts?

Lol this is the truth.

GSuite is absolute trash and I yearn constantly to have office 365 back

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Teams is still a step up from s4b aka lync aka office communicator. I know I'm not setting a very high bar here

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

vyst posted:

Lol this is the truth.

GSuite is absolute trash and I yearn constantly to have office 365 back

I really don't know why people use GSuite, but I also doubt myself as being some weird Microsoft Luddite who doesn't want to change.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

How about we just run a string with a cup on either end from DBRB's hovel to every goonfleet member.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

gwrtheyrn posted:

Teams is still a step up from s4b aka lync aka office communicator. I know I'm not setting a very high bar here

You are actually wrong. Skype is far better than Teams.

First off, Teams lags the gently caress out off your laptop. Second, searching old conversation is a pain in the rear end.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

No one needs anything more than IRC

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I kinda miss icq

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Rust Martialis posted:

You are actually wrong. Skype is far better than Teams.

First off, Teams lags the gently caress out off your laptop. Second, searching old conversation is a pain in the rear end.

Skype did all of these things too, and lync was somehow worse than consumer skype

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Hexel posted:

I kinda miss icq

I pee poo

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Hexel posted:

I kinda miss icq

Uh oh!

Now I want to replace my jabber message sounds with that....

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
I still remember my ICQ number even though my friends and I switched to AIM and then IRC in high school.

Can't remember someone's name half the time no matter how many times I silently yell at myself not to brain-fart it away, but an arbitrary number I haven't needed in 20 years is instant recall.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Discussion Quorum posted:

I still remember my ICQ number even though my friends and I switched to AIM and then IRC in high school.

Can't remember someone's name half the time no matter how many times I silently yell at myself not to brain-fart it away, but an arbitrary number I haven't needed in 20 years is instant recall.

Boy this hit me hard. Still remember my 8 digits. I had to get that one after I lost the password for my 6 digit ICQ number, rip. Way back when, people were willing to shell out hundreds of dollar for a 6 digit one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Warmachine posted:

I really don't know why people use GSuite, but I also doubt myself as being some weird Microsoft Luddite who doesn't want to change.

Overall, it's cheaper and much easier to administer. Whats hilarious is we're a top consulting company and we use Office 365 with clients but GSuite+ internally. It's so ridiculous.