Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

In case you forgot about Kasich beyond the "close as many abortion clinics as we can" thing: he wouldn't recognize a gay spouse on a Death Certificate despite them being legally married

quote:

After learning that their state of residence, Ohio, would not recognize their marriage, they filed a lawsuit, Obergefell v. Kasich, in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio (Western Division, Cincinnati) on July 19, 2013, alleging that the state discriminates against same-sex couples who have married lawfully out-of-state. The lead defendant was Ohio Governor John Kasich.[20] Because one partner, John Arthur, was terminally ill and suffering from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), they wanted the Ohio Registrar to identify the other partner, James Obergefell, as his surviving spouse on his death certificate, based on their marriage in Maryland. The local Ohio Registrar agreed that discriminating against the same-sex married couple was unconstitutional,[21] but the state attorney general's office announced plans to defend Ohio's same-sex marriage ban.

NoJoe
NoJohn
NoDem who endorses either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Chris James 2 posted:

In case you forgot about Kasich beyond the "close as many abortion clinics as we can" thing: he wouldn't recognize a gay spouse on a Death Certificate despite them being legally married

NoJoe
NoJohn
NoDem who endorses either

thanks for that actually, i knew there was some homophobic garbage from 2016 but i didn't know exactly what it was and i didn't want to look it up because there's already too much garbage everywhere and it's good to know exactly to use it to spit at people who think democrats will protect any sort of queer people ever

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ftfy

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Kasich has a great bit where he pretends to be a moderate, sensible Rockefeller Tuesday Republican and then has policies to the right of any Republican president

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the only redeeming quality of kasich is his farcical gluttony

man must have packed on a good 15 pounds during his bid

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Excelzior posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_vWUUre5Yc

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

Basically The Smiler is actually worse than The Beast. This is an opinion and i can understand why someone would think the Fascist is actually worse than the SuccDems, but i think the SuccDems are what allow the Fascism to occur.

I hate mold, this house is full of mold choking us all, mold is the problem we need to focus on and nothing is gained by the division you create complaining about all the bread I constantly leave out for weeks on end.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Joe Biden paying his respects to the King of the Hobos.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I recommend Liberalism: a Counter History if you want to get an idea of how horrible liberals have always been. Dividing people up into races, saying that slavery made freedom sweeter for slave holders, arguing that only elites were capable of making decisions, valuing property over human lives: it's all there right from the start. You even get to hear people gripe about how abolitionists are the real bigots because of how mean they are to pro-slavery people!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

im sure buttigieg is going to speak at the convention but is there like even a pretense of an actual lgbt leader getting a spot

imagine seriously thinking joe is going to do jack poo poo for trans rights after this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

im sure buttigieg is going to speak at the convention but is there like even a pretense of an actual lgbt leader getting a spot

imagine seriously thinking joe is going to do jack poo poo for trans rights after this

"It's on his site, it must be true" - half the Dem voting population unironically for the last 5 months

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

cenotaph posted:

I recommend Liberalism: a Counter History if you want to get an idea of how horrible liberals have always been. Dividing people up into races, saying that slavery made freedom sweeter for slave holders, arguing that only elites were capable of making decisions, valuing property over human lives: it's all there right from the start. You even get to hear people gripe about how abolitionists are the real bigots because of how mean they are to pro-slavery people!
Sure this has been posted a thousand times by now, if not in this thread, in C-Spam in general, but:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nFvhhCulaw

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Ruggan posted:

lol ok what?

not disputing that the average D voter is dumb... but the average Trumper is just as loving dumb, probably dumber, than the average succ dem

nah they're just less educated and more vicious; they're less naive about the actual cut throat nature of politics, capitalism

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

AARP LARPer posted:

oh cool, John Kasich (R) will be speaking at the Dem's convention. throw it on the pile of reasons not to vote for this clown.

lmao I've had people I know legit try to argue to me that he's "one of the good ones".

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Joe Biden more like Joe Fartin'

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

more like joe's feed and seed

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Excelzior posted:

He only joined the GOP primary to escape bland Midwest food.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I hope biden picks john kasich for his running mate lmao

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

empty whippet box posted:

all of his advisors are yelling at him to pick a WOC

so if he's going to pick an R for VP itll be condoleezza rice

Loucks
May 21, 2007

I’m perfectly chill. Perfectly chill. The most innocuous comment set you off, not me. People are shockingly stupid, except for me. If that upsets you please shut the fuck up.

This, but only after he comes out as trans, thus fulfilling Biden's promise.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

https://twitter.com/TVietor08/status/1285597302414086146

lol at this bullshit comparing AOC and Omar to Rice, I wonder why that could be

edit: pod save america host and former obama something or other

tangy yet delightful has issued a correction as of 05:50 on Jul 22, 2020

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

gently caress you and gently caress off

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Excelzior posted:

all of his advisors are yelling at him to pick a WOC

so if he's going to pick an R for VP itll be condoleezza rice

It would be such a hilarious gently caress you to every voter everywhere if he just picked an old white guy after specifically saying he wouldn't and it'd just be super on brand

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

among the realm of remotely possible candidates, michael bloomberg would definitely be the worst possible running mate

michael bloomberg is also coincidentally the worst possible replacement for joe biden should he be involuntarily forced from the race

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

It would be such a hilarious gently caress you to every voter everywhere if he just picked an old white guy after specifically saying he wouldn't and it'd just be super on brand

Some VoteHerNoMatterWho types would be pissed, but the vast majority of BidenStans would not hesitate to be all
:hmmyes: "This is Joe being presidential and making the right choices."

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the_steve posted:

Some VoteHerNoMatterWho types would be pissed, but the vast majority of BidenStans would not hesitate to be all
:hmmyes: "This is Joe being presidential and making the right choices."

"Beating Trump is all that matters, we can always have a woman VP in the next election."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1285959242910859264

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

comedyblissoption posted:

among the realm of remotely possible candidates, michael bloomberg would definitely be the worst possible running mate

michael bloomberg is also coincidentally the worst possible replacement for joe biden should he be involuntarily forced from the race

presumably his running mate will take his spot and anyone who voted for joe will probably be cool with it because even though they didn’t vote for this person, they’re definitely Not Trump

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

very cool thank you joe

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Psst
Hey

Wanna hear a joke?

Joe Biden

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Joe Biden sexually assaulted Tara Reade, did he not?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Aesculus posted:

Psst
Hey

Wanna hear a joke?

Joe Biden

more like Joke Biden

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

can we just change the name of the USA to the Corporate States of America and get it over with or what

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Halloween Jack posted:

Joe Biden raped a woman and anyone who votes for Joe Biden is rape apologist scum.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Halloween Jack posted:

Succdems: *ahem* TECH-UH-NICKLY, it was only sexual assault. This is appreciably different from rape because reasons.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

Joe Biden raped a woman and anyone who votes for Joe Biden is rape apologist scum.

uh no you see i'm not a single issue voter and i'm a big fan of his [checks notes] unabashed apologia for us imperialism and capitalist greed and his history of fighting segregation

hold on it looks like someone's trying to hand me a note

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

But there's a campaign site. With political promises.

So, who ya gonna believe? The campaign site, or your lying ears? Checkmate. :smug:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Aesculus posted:

Psst
Hey

Wanna hear a joke?

Joe Biden

I feel like I've heard that one before in 2016 but the punchline was different

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Why the gently caress are you voting for him, David?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Declan MacManus posted:

presumably his running mate will take his spot and anyone who voted for joe will probably be cool with it because even though they didn’t vote for this person, they’re definitely Not Trump

you could sub in anyone except Bernie and they'd be ok with it cuz it's Not Trump. If it's Bernie, they'd cry about, "Ugh, they're so similar it's gross!"